Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Pls I Need Your Advise - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pls I Need Your Advise (438 Views)

My Ordeal With My Nephew's Wife. Please I Need Your Advise / My Landlord And I...please I Need Your Advise / Sometimes Life Seems Hard To Bear. I Need Your Advise Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
i'll try to be very brief . . .

my rent in my present apt has expired and i don't want to renew, because the living conditions of the house is very terrible i.e. the house itself (is terrible and everytin breaks down - pipes, W/C, fuses, paint, septic tank keeps blocking every month) and landlord would not bring one naira to fix it. the rent has expired and i asked for extra time to move out, which was give and would expire in 1 week

i got a new apt already, went to the agent's office, discussed d payment and headed straight for the bank,. Did a bnk transfer which he got instantly. d next day, i wanted to go clean up the place, d agent says i should relax, that he hasnt sent the money to the landlord's acct yet, since we went to the bank towards evening the previous day. so i let him be. the 2nd day, he asked me go ovr and clean if i want, that the landlord has given his go ahead. so i went wit my family to clean.

on getting home, late in the evening, he called and said the landlord just informed him to hold on to the apt and not rent it out yet, cos d lanlord wanted to use the aprtment for himself before but later chnaged him mind to rent it out. and that he spent lots of money beauifying the aprtment even more than standard. then i quetstiioned him as to y somebody would change his mind to rent and then change his mind again after colllecting money. so i asked for the landlord's number, which he gave hessitantly and asked me not to finform the landlord i have paid.

now that's another chapter, what do u mean i should tell him i havent paid? so u hvent paid the landlord yet, he said no, and i was like why did u say u paid him and even asked me to go ahead with cleaning /possesion. he said the landlord is a rich man and he doesnt want to rush him, that he is contemplating to rent or not. And yet u took my money ?

So i called the landlord and he isnt aware i have paid, i ddnt tell him though, only told him about the apt and y he is delaying to rnt it out. he said, he is thinking of giving out to a friend who has offered higher than what he said the agent should rent it for. that the agent gave him my form to fill but the due to the way he lavishly furnished the aprtmmt even more than is necessary since he thought he would use it himself, he decides maybe he should increase d market price.

meanwhile, i ddnt tell him i gave the agent money, we already concluded , i even washed the place and was ready to move in before he clled that evening. so the landlord says he will consider my price offer and let me know in 24hrs to accept me, give his friend or keep it for himself. i said ok

meanwhile for the agent, he is saying while we wait , maybe he can show me other properties, i said NO, imagine and just have this week left to exit my formr place. i have phone call recordings, receipt and text messages showing proof of payment. now my famly is even psychologiclly traumatized, as they already even washed the place with hopes of going on.

before i take a drastic court action; i need to hear from you.
pls advice

thanks
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise by bigl: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
Get a good mopol and arrest that silly agent's ass! That's pure daylight robbery.

Ensure u call d agent via phone and record ur conversation as proof. Record as many as possible and make sure u keep safe.

If possible, save to online account like google drive.

Then make a case!

Na buhari dispensation we dey! No chance for slopiness
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise by Melahou(m): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
God down on your knees and pray that everything works out
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
bigl:
Get a good mopol and arrest that silly agent's ass! That's pure daylight robbery.

Ensure u call d agent via phone and record ur conversation as proof. Record as many as possible and make sure u keep safe.

If possible, save to online account like google drive.

Then make a case!

Na buhari dispensation we dey! No chance for slopiness

m taking this step . . it's what av been contemplating . . since
just that when i'm making a court case, wil the court give me a "temporary stay" at my former
residence since ive promised to move out . . hoping things go well . NOT . until the agent brought up all these wahala . .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lol!! Does This Kind Of House Still Exist? (see Photo) / . / New Zealand Woman Lost In Forest Drinks Own Breast Milk To Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.