Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,524 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:03 PM

Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". (24763 Views)

APC Lists Buhari’s Achievements Despite Report Of Economic Recession / Buhari’s Achievements In First Year In Office - Presidency / Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by pinky1974: 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
dicefrost:
Kudos for pointing some facts out. "a watched kettle never boils". Some people expect miracles. But the problems that have existed for 16years cannot be solved by waving a magic wand. It will take time before changes (if any) will be visible. Lets see what happens in the next 100 days, then the next one year. Gradually things will take shape. It will be outrightly silly to expect change after 2weeks.
I really wonder our some people reason
The truth is so many people just sit there and expect magic from a man who is wishing the country well,may Almighty Allah give the president the grace n wisdom to rule n bring this great nation ours to good shape
Ameen
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Babacele: 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
"Baby"?? Nor be man you be
Yea! when emotions take over you n u trip for d excellence , intelligence or any fine quality that the other person displays they can look beautifully handsome to you, hence the metaphor ' baby'. shey u understand? I be man in n out bro. I'm just colotriping at how beautiful you have presented PMB's achievements within 10 days to the consternation n dissapointment of badbelle saTanoids!
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
Babacele:
Yea! when emotions take over you n u trip for d excellence , intelligence or any fine quality that the other person displays they can look beautifully handsome to you, hence the metaphor ' baby'. shey u understand? I be man in n out bro. I'm just colotriping at how beautiful you have presented PMB's achievements within 10 days to the consternation n dissapointment of badbelle saTanoids!
Baba you get mouth no be small. cheesy

I'm humbled. Thanks. smiley
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Babacele: 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
Baba you get mouth no be small. cheesy
I'm humbled. Thanks. smiley
lolz!

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by jomoh: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
hahn:

Lol. More like grass to disgrace. Popularity on a faceless forum doesn't count in the real world and neither do his rants. He's a classic example of an educated illiterate. He should request for a refund from whatever school he attended because his education is a waste

LWKM grin grin grin

omenka:
We have no choice but to share the forum and Nigeria with them. Some of them are genuinely ignorant like I pointed out in the opening post. For that, it becomes our self appointed responsibilities to ensure the are able to distinguish their left from right by presenting them with indisputable facts from recognised sources. I think totally ignoring them would in the end be counter productive. smiley

The one I decided to ignore is not ignorant but being an intentional hypocrite. He choose to see black and call it white. I am Naturally allergic to such people. People with little or no Dignity, Integrity or Shame. I am even ashamed for the mere fact that he has anything to do with the team I support let alone use the name as his moniker.

For the ones that are genuinely Ignorant, its good to educate them and also for posterity sake.
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by TalkDirect: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
Firefire:

..."Frankly, this is totally nonsensical..." Omeka

I expect all to join hands and ask the President in Buhari to start work already.

- Nigerians are still being killed everyday in Maiduguri by Boko Haram.

- Workers in Osun, Oyo, Kwara, Imo, Benue etc are still suffering without pay for their labor.

And APC best action now is infighting and struggle for power when the citizen demands immediate CHANGE.

Immediate change Since the discovery of electricity a lot of people's mind-works has been altered to think that you can fix a 16 year-old nexus of national disaster with just a flick of a switch. It doesn't happen like that people. This is real life, not some adventure. Bihari isn't VOLTRON!!!
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by taakper: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
I just dey see tins
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
CallPolice:
With what you said here you have no point. Don't waste that your free time.

Hahahahaha, I really don't think you lot are worth the time even. Nothing can save a dog marked for death from death. Time will open eyes and some of you will abandon your monikers for another. grin
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
obailala:
The presidency has explained that the asset declaration would be made public following the mandatory verification by the CCB. That is the standard process in declaration of assets and this of course still falls within the 100-day timeline as promised by Buhari. So why is this so difficult for anyone to understand in this?

Why do GEJ supporters absolutely lack the ability to reason objectively?.. This issue has been explained severally but some individuals have for the sake of sentiments, blocked their brains from comprehension. I think silence should really be the best answer to some of you who wish this country to fail.

Hahahahaha, I really don't think you lot are worth the time even. Nothing can save a dog marked for death from death. Time will open eyes and some of you will abandon your monikers for another. grin
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
jomoh:

I nearly forgot you're a TANdroid. You need application to be installed for you on everything.

Maybe an application on reading and comprehension will do this time around?

Hahahahahaha. Read my comment again. It will help you reason clearly. Well, you may read up to 50 times and still yet be blind, deaf and dumb. grin cheesy
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
feeloscar:
Did GEJ declare his @ d end of his tenure? If no, I rest my case but if yes, hw much?

Hehehehehe. CHANGE. 'v you forgotten?

Where is the change? grin cheesy
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
irishMO123:
niccur go seat somewhere....may you never come back to feed us with lies...I wonder if some junks even goes to sch at all..read btw the lines

Why are you so scared? grin cheesy grin. Are you afraid of the truth? Why hasn't Omenka mentioned me. You are just a foot soldier. Hahahahaha. I thought your beloved buhari said it's a shame for our territorial neighbor's to support in the fight against bh? How come he is the one traveling all over the globe seeking the support to fight his and you islamic demented souls? I hope you won't abandon your moniker soon. When you have been received of your veil of stupidity grin cheesy grin
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
irishMO123:
niccur go seat somewhere....may you never come back to feed us with lies...I wonder if some junks even goes to sch at all..read btw the lines

Hahahahaha. Nairaland kids. I don't expect you to comprehend anything I said. Are you one of the Omenka's blank boards ready for his imprint? I am not surprised of his his illustration because that was the tool they used to claim power. I hope it keeps it for you folks for long. I can see he already made an imprint on your blank board. Read my comment again and read Omenka's post. If need be, go over it a million times till you can comprehend. Don't be always blind.
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Why are you so scared? grin cheesy grin. Are you afraid of the truth? Why hasn't Omenka mentioned me. You are just a foot soldier. Hahahahaha. I thought your beloved buhari said it's a shame for our territorial neighbor's to support in the fight against bh? How come he is the one traveling all over the globe seeking the support to fight his and you islamic demented souls? I hope you won't abandon your moniker soon. When you have been received of your veil of stupidity grin cheesy grin
First, I refrained from responding to your tirade because, apparently, you didn't read the article. Your questions were already addressed in the article before you asked them.

And I don't respond to insults.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by jomoh: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Hahahahahaha. Read my comment again. It will help you reason clearly. Well, you may read up to 50 times and still yet be blind, deaf and dumb. grin cheesy

I don't need to read the comment coming from your malfunctioning brainsystem twice before diagnosing your Fault. Absence of Reading and comprehension application because if you do, you won't repeatedly ask for the President to declare his asset publicly after the Op had taken the pain to explain the process involved in asset declaration either public or private and even the media aide to the president Sheu Garba had addressed the issue publicly before the Op wrote his piece. (Omenka this are the people we were discussing about. Do you call this machine a genuinely ignorant one or an hypocrite)

Then again another problem TANdroids have is following due process.

**Modified**
I didn't even know you already responded above me. You see like minds think alike. Just the same response
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
First, I refrained from responding to your tirade because, apparently, you didn't read the article. Your questions were already addressed in the article before you asked them.

And I don't respond to insults.

Thanks. smiley

Hahahahaha, Omenka Omenka. I hope you won't abandon your moniker soon. You didn't debunk what I said about our territorial neighbor's.
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
jomoh:

I don't need to read the comment coming from your malfunctioning brainsystem twice before diagnosing your Fault. Absence of Reading and comprehension application because if you do, you won't repeatedly ask for the President to declare his asset publicly after the Op had taken the pain to explain the process involved in asset declaration either public or private and even the media aide to the president Sheu Garba had addressed the issue publicly before the Op wrote his piece. (Omenka this are the people we were discussing about. Do you call this machine a genuinely ignorant one or an hypocrite)

Then again another problem TANdroids have is following due process.

**Modified**
I didn't even know you already responded above me. You see like minds think alike. Just the same response
I think he's genuinely ignorant. Let me help him out.

@ nortcentrallord: be attentive...

Presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is appalled that neighbouring Chad and Cameroun are turning out to be more successful at the battle front against Boko Haram than Nigeria.

Nigeria’s poor performance, he says, is a disgrace.

“It’s a big disgrace for Nigeria. It is now
Cameroon and Chad fighting the insurgency more than Nigeria.
We will build the capacity and Nigeria should be able to secure its territorial integrity,” Buhari told Reuters.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/disgrace-
neighbours-must-take-boko-haram-buhari-2/
Buhari never condemned the use of a multinational force as you guys keep trying to make people believe, or as you guys were ignorantly made to believe. What he found "appalling" was that countries that are smaller than Nigeria in all ramifications were "turning out to be more successful than us at the battle front". He found that humiliating and "disgraceful". This is one of the reasons why he insisted Nigeria retains command of the joint military force instead of rotating it
between the affected countries every six months.

Furthermore:

"Having known how the Boko Haram developed, what I would have personally done differently would be to get the Presidents of Cameroun, Chad and Niger together (which was exactly what he did just yesterday. They all showed up. The president kept his word to a T!!)to say, ‘look our borders are porous and that we are not able to effectively protect them and monitor movements of people in and out of our territory, but please make sure that you do not provide training facilities or allow people to be coming into the county."

"If you do not cultivate a good relationship with your neighbours, it will cost you so much in terms of security and the economy. So you have to cultivate a friendship with your neighbours and then it goes on to ECOWAS, Africa and the rest of the world. I think this is a viable policy
option."

"Then you discuss with your neighbours to make sure that weapons are not crossing the borders and that there are [no] training facilities for terrorists."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-
quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/
Just look at these. The president has always admonished cooperation between Nigeria and her neighbors in the fight against terrorism, a line of action he's pursued vigorously since he was sworn in. In fact, he believes it is the only way the war against terrorism (Boko Haram) could be won.

So my dear friend, when anyone comes to you telling you "Buhari condemned use of allied forces against Boko Haram", tell them it is a big fat lie!!

Hope I've been helpful.

Any other questions??

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by patrickmuf(m): 12:51am On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
Good morning.

Ordinarily, joining issues with doomsday prophets is what I hardly do but on this particular occasion, I am compelled to write this in order to set the records straight.

There's certainly no doubt a lot of young lads with impressionable minds roam this site daily to keep abreast with the latest goings-on in our society. These guys have minds like a fresh canvas upon which an image or a painting should be made, most of which are indelible. When you try to erase the painting when the paint sets on the canvas, you wind up destroying the canvas itself- you destroy the mind.

On the flip side we also have genuinely ignorant adults who swallow whatever is served them hook line and sinker, most of them too lazy to go a bit further to verify information they are being fed with. They take the lies they read here, propagate them among their peers and younger folks who look up to them in the main street, and in the end, lies become staple to the general public.

This piece, belated as it may, is meant to be an eye opener to those who care to keep an open mind to divergent opinions as they relate to government and governance in this country.

1. Anti Corruption.

Regarding this, the Op made reference to Timipre Silva's and Murtala Nyako's cases, and said: "Buhari is yet to make any high profile arrest or prosecution since coming into power". He claimed both have been cleared. Haha. How bigger can a lie get?? Nowhere has Murtala been given a clean bill of health, but he lumped it up with Timipre's case in order to deceive gullible readers as to the "similarities" in both cases. Even the link he provided didn't say Nyako has been cleared.

Further, what kind of corruption case can be dispensed of in 12 days!!?? The op wants the president to make "high profile arrests and prosecution in 12 days. Are we in a military regime?? Isn't this totally laughable??

In which court can such be achieved?? What good is there making an arrest and charging one to court when you don't have your facts and evidence to build a water tight case and get a conviction?? Does the op have any idea the investigations going on underground (I'm not saying there are, but chances are there could be) which could possibly result in an indictment??

Now, here are the things I think the op deliberately ignored:

(a) Former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff has submitted himself to the authorities for onward processing.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184335-ex-borno-governor-modu-sheriff-hands-himself-in-to-efcc.html.

(b) Some officials of the immediate ps government have started returning stolen monies .

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184721-jonathans-men-returning-stolen-money-el-rufai.html

(c) Oil Traders, NNPC Officials Interrogated,
Watch-listed in Major Investigation

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oil-traders-nnpc-officials-interrogated-watch-listed-in-major-investigation/211388/

(d) EFCC arraigns CBN officials, others for N8bn currency scam.

www.punchng.com/news/efcc-arraigns-cbn-officials-others-for-n8bn-currency-scam/

(e) Buhari Reopens $182m Halliburton
Bribery Case, 3 Ex-Presidents May be Jailed.

m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/181746/1/nigeria-buhari-reopens-182m-halliburton-bribery-ca.html

(f) Buhar's Anti-corruption War Takes Off.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buharis-anti-corruption-war-takes-off/

(g) 14 Foreigners Arrested For Oil Bunkering.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/06/10/14-
foreigners-3-vessels-charged-with-bunkering/

(h) Former police IG Mike Okiro in Court over Embezzlement.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184566-ex-police-ig-okiro-denies-stealing-n275m-says-own-aide-set-him-up.html

From the foregoing, there's no gainsaying the side to which this government is tilting in terms of sanitising and purging the system of corruption in whichever forms they may exist.

I challenge anyone to show me what the immediate past administration did in this regard within 12days!

2. Transparency.

From anti corruption, the op went on to touch on transparency, pointing to the president's "non declaration of assets publicly".

Here's what people tend not to understand about assets declaration.

First of all, Assets declaration on assumption of office is totally useless with non-disclosure upon exit from office. The purpose of declaring your assets on assuming office is for the authorities, and indeed the public, to know how much you are worth before being handed a position. After leaving the position, you are meant to declare your assets again. This is meant to reveal, as the case my be, how much you acquired over the period covered from your initial declaration. If what you declare is way and above what is deemed "acquireable" under the circumstance, then a case could be established against you for illegal acquisition of wealth. That is, you must have corruptly enriched yourself.

Now, when you declare your assets by filling the form from CCB, a time frame is given within which investigations are carried out by the body to determine the veracity or otherwise of the claims made therein. Most politicians declare their assets in liu of what is to be acquired. They might say they own "XYZ" estate in Banana Island with the hope that they could steal enough money to build same in due time. Eventually, when they happen to declare their assets when leaving office, the content of the form would appear the same as that which they submitted on assumption of office, giving the wrong impression that they've stolen NOTHING!

Therefore, it is very important that verification is being carried out on declared assets and liabilities so as to avoid the scenario described above. When this is done and the assets are not declared publicly or access is being denied the public by CCB perusal of the forms , then we can say the president has gone back on his promise. At this point, it is simply premature criticising them on transparency based on assets declaration.

3. Security.

On Security, the poster talked about non rescue of the Chibok Girls and the spike in Boko Haram activities.

Frankly, this is totally nonsensical, and made me laugh. I really don't know how to go about shedding light on this one but the poster was just being cheeky. smiley

In the inaugural address by the President, he made particular reference to the Chibok girls. He stated that they've not been forgotten and everything within the powers of the government would be done to ensure the girls re rescued and re-united with their parents. The op expects them to be rescued in 12 days!! Wow. Even the Israeli Commandos would find this very laughable. I don't even have to mention the attitude of the immediate past government towards this issue, especially in it's initial stages- two weeks we heard it took the ex-president to come to believe the incident actually happened.

In addition, we've seen the president embark on painstaking trips, rallying our neighbours to form a common alliance to fight this monster head on. He's held bilateral and trilateral talks with some heads of states, brainstorming on how best to approach the knotty issue.

Countries have made commitments on assistance in this regard ( www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/g7-france-canada-germany-back-buhari-on-fight-against-boko-haram/) and hopefully, before long, we'd start seeing concrete outcome of all these

Since the op stated the number of deaths recorded so far (don't know where he got that figure from since he provided no links), here's a time-line of the terrorists related incidents since they barged their way into our consciousness.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Boko_Haram_insurgency

It is simply too early in the day to start condemning Mr President in this regard- come on guys!

4. Economy.

Here, reference was made by the op to the sale of PMS above the official price of N87.

To me, this is another feeble attempt at casting this government in bad light. There is no doubt the situation that obtains today represents a huge departure from what it was three weeks ago when the country was virtually brought down to her knees with an acute scarcity of PMS, and where available, sold for no less than N250 per litre- N400 in some cases I read! Not only was there scarcity and a price hike, electricity was totally nonexistent- the country was, simply put, on life support!

Now the situation has eased up. Even though we are not where we desire to be, there's been a remarkable improvement. No??

5. Governance.

In this regard, the op points to the non-appointment of heads of agencies and parastatals as a mark of failure- very very ignorant I must say. This issue has been thrashed time again but the PDP supporters keep harping on it. I just don't understand why.

Now, check this out. We know what a heterogeneous country Nigeria is with its many ethnic groups and power blocks. We know that a delicate balance must be maintained in the appointment of heads of government bodies so avoid a nasty situation where power appears concentrated in a particular region. Given what has played out in the National Assembly, shouldn't Nigerians be happy these appointments were not made earlier?? Had the appointments been made in such a manner the principals of the National Assembly come from the same regions, states, or ethnic groups as the appointees, who would have been the ones crying of marginalisation??- Nigerians- I hear someone say.

So, the president in his wisdom, refrained from making any official pronouncements of who is to oversee what, and I think that is commendable. Now that the NASS has been inaugurated, the picture appears clearer and such decisions can be taken in a more accommodating fashion.

Lastly, just so you know, "GOVERNANCE" is a sum total of the outcome of all the indices stated above and not just some appointments here and there

I challenge anyone to tell us what Jonathan, or any other president for that matter, achieved in their first 12 Days in office.

Thank you all.

Long Live Nigeria.

Long Live President Mohamadu Buhari.

Cc: Obiagelli, Demdem, Beremx, Midolian, Pendy69, Jarlons, Mynd44, Caseless, Gbawe, Egift, Donphilopus, Aresa, NgeneUkwenu et al.
Powerful piece bro...Missed the fun, please mention me next time
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by obailala(m): 4:31am On Jun 13, 2015
nortcentrallord:

I am sure I gave a very clear response to your previous rant. I would have expected you to just hold your peace and keep silent after realising your error but you still chose to speak. In your heart, I'm sure you wish for the country to fail so you would have an opportunity to say "I told you"... but the God that saved Nigeria from total collapse by removing GEJ, that God does not sleep nor slumber. Your evil wishes will never work; Nigeria will get better whether you like it or not.
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 6:50am On Jun 13, 2015
patrickmuf:
Powerful piece bro...Missed the fun, please mention me next time
My bad. Thanks. I sure will.
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2015
obailala:

I am sure I gave a very clear response to your previous rant. I would have expected you to just hold your peace and keep silent after realising your error but you still chose to speak. In your heart, I'm sure you wish for the country to fail so you would have an opportunity to say "I told you"... but the God that saved Nigeria from total collapse by removing GEJ, that God does not sleep nor slumber. Your evil wishes will never work; Nigeria will get better whether you like it or not.

Hahahahaha, all of a sudden, you remember God in politics? The very instrument you folks used in crumbling GEJ's administration is what will ground the ones embrace today. You know it deep in tour heart that you lot just made GEJ your convenient waste basket to dump everything from 1960 till date. And even now he is no longer there, some of you still do it blindly. Fold your hands and wait for God to come down and save Nigeria grin cheesy grin. I expect this administration to succeed because, they already hit the ground running. Running indeed grin cheesy grin. Stop complaining and wailing and play the ruling party. Your tears does me no good Kiddo.
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 11:57am On Jun 13, 2015
@ Jomoh: See why it is necessary replying these guys sometimes?? I think he's now enlightened with my response above and wouldn't go spreading that lie about the president anymore. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Why I Visited Obasanjo" - Bukola Saraki / Fuji Artist, Abass Obesere, Others Defect To APC In Lagos / Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.