Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered (3154 Views)

9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President / Balogun-Fulani And Adekanye After Regaining Freedom (Photo) / Hausa-Fulani And Igbos Clash In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2015
The has been questions and claims that Saraki is a yoruba man, but they just married a yoruba woman and African been a patrimonial society knows that a child is from the father.... we also try to understand Fulani aristocracy and rulers in kwarra state. This has made many people play ostrich and claim saraki...but the Saraki family clarified these doubts and they are recorded for posterity reasons. The posterity is here and APC is here with PDP

Please read with objective mind and this is no tribal bashing or name calling but a historical and intellectual exercise

There is also this unspoken dimension of Fulani-Yoruba rivalry in the matter. Saraki saw himself as a Fulani and Offa people, far from the Sardauna days before Saraki burst into scene, in our characteristic manner of holding our own against any subjugation �real or imagined � have always seen Saraki as the face of Fulani rule in Kwara. Indeed, the cheapest campaign line against Saraki in Offa is, ‘a vote for Saraki(that is, his candidate) is a sale of our Yoruba birthright to Fulani aristocracy'. It worked wonders, even though it never got us political clout outside our domain, as even the Kwara South senatorial representation, which should be in our kitty as the largest and perhaps most politically conscious community in the zone, was always elusive, no thanks to the Saraki influence in other part of the zone, which made us one-community army. In fact, this factor played openly in the Lawal-Saraki tug of war ahead of 2003 elections, where Offa people preferred and voted for Lawal, who was seen as face of Yoruba in the state. No prize for guessing our votes were not able to secure victory for the retired naval officer. -

FROM OFFA MAN

See more at: http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=3058#sthash.HrdBM5Uc.dpuf
http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=3058

Journalist:One is at a loss about your real identity because some people would call you a Fulani while others would describe you as a Yoruba. Some said your mother was from Iseyin and your wife is from Owo in Ondo State. There are even people saying you are half Christian while others argue that you are a devoted Moslem. Who really are you?

Saraki:My mother was from Iseyin in Oyo State while my father was from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu, they were all refreshing and they were religious but my people came there as practicing Muslims from Mali with their “own Quran”.

In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=10809

Nigeria: Saraki Has a Fulani Agenda Says Alhaji Olola Kasumu

Q: What's your union doing now that your chiefs have been downgraded?

A: The amendment of the Chiefs Appointment and Deposition Law by the state government is the most undemocratic and illegal step ever taken by this administration of Bukola Saraki. It was maliciously done to punish perceived political enemies of the present government and provided opportunity for them to dismantle all the good things put in place by the immediate past government of Alhaji Mohammed Alabi Lawal.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200310271091.html
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by Rounakid(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2015
Anyway, i don't mind what content the thread contains, was jux here to knw weda it will hit F.p... cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by Idiataqueen(f): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2015
LOLZ
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2015
Your great great grandfather was from Mali, but your father's surname was Saraki: a yoruba surname; Your father's first name was Sola, he married a yoruba woman and he named his son: Bukola & his daughter: Gbemisola.
Now tell us how un-fulani can you get, stop dwelling on the confused foundations of Ilorin to peddle political lies. A real fulani man will never bear a yoruba name, because every African is proud of their heritage, and our names serve as a reminder of where we come from.

12 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2015
ROTIMI bears a yoruba name but he isnt...but why do you have issues...a man said that he is FULANI why are you still disputing that...nawa for people seff

lari03:
Your grandfather was from Mali, but your father's surname was Saraki: a yoruba surname; Your father's first name was Sola, he married a yoruba woman and he named his son: Bukola & his daughter: Gbemisola.
Now tell us how un-fulani can you get, stop dwelling on the confused foundations of Ilorin to peddle political lies. A real fulani man will never bear a yoruba name, because every African is proud of their heritage, and our names serve as a reminder of where we come from.

8 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 12, 2015
Saraki is an Egba man from Abeokuta. His grand father was a Muslim scholar in Ivory Coast before returning to Nigeria and settling in Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
ROTIMI bears a yoruba name but he isnt...but why do you have issues...a man said that he is FULANI why are you still disputing that...nawa for people seff

Remember Rotimi stated how his father cherished the name he was called. If you live in the north or have real fulani friends you will know that an average fulani man will never take up a yoruba name.
Secondly if the story was coming from Sola Saraki, then it would be more acceptable, but what Bukola is saying was the spin story they hatched to back up his run for the PDP presidential primaries pre 2007 elections, so my friend follow the trend and understand the game.
This is the reason a true northerner will regard him as a yoruba man or you think Abubakar an arabic name indicates fulani ancestry? Fulani is very different from hausa. It is easier to learn to speak hausa than to learn to speak Fulfude.
But if you believe his political deception well, no one can stop you, but the truth remains the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by ctuagent007: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2015
F_U_L_A_N_I......respect to una
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 11:18am On Jun 12, 2015
but they had a yoruba mum...and she can name him any yoruba name but that doesnt change the fact that the man is a fulani...which he said by himself ...so why this argument?

lari03:
Remember Rotimi stated how his father cherished the name he was called. If you live in the north or have real fulani friends you will know that an average fulani man will never take up a yoruba name.
Secondly if the story was coming from Sola Saraki, then it would be more acceptable, but what Bukola is saying was the spin story they hatched to back up his run for the PDP presidential primaries pre 2007 elections, so my friend follow the trend and understand the game.
This is the reason a true northerner will regard him as a yoruba man or you think Abubakar an arabic name indicates fulani ancestry? Fulani is vertically different from hausa. It is easier to learn to speak hausa than to learn to speak Fulfude.
But if you believe his political deception well, no one can stop you, but the truth remains the truth.

1 Like

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2015
lol

jerseyboy:
Saraki is an Egba man from Abeokuta. His grand father was a Muslim scholar in Ivory Coast before returning to Nigeria and settling in Ilorin.
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by NDPVF(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2015
Yoruba,all these lies wey una de tell,their is GodOoooo!.
Please respect Saraki for who he said he is!.
Stop fighting hard not to be seen as have been played fast one on,by Fulanis,so as to save face,for your utter stupidity and gross delusion.
Brace-up and accept the fact that,
1.President-Fulani
2.Senate President-Fulani.
Courtsey-Southwest stupidity.

8 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 11:39am On Jun 12, 2015
they will claim everything just like the oduduwa ...failing from sky, from middle east. from benin

confusion everywhere but i think i will take what the man said about himself...HE SAID HE IS FROM FULANI in that interview and any other story is false or attachee

jerseyboy:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/12/07/kwara-bombshell-saraki-is-an-egba-man-ex-ambassador-reveals/

4 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2015
That is what i am making them to understand...SARAKI IS AN EDUCATED MAN AND HE CATEGORICALLY SAID THAT IN INTERVIEW THAT HE IS FULANI EVEN HIS FATHER SAID SO ALSO....why all these lies.

I will ashamed if I am a yoruba...this is attachee by force by fire

NDPVF:
Yoruba,all these lies wey una de tell,their is GodOoooo!.
Please respect Saraki for who he said he is!.
Stop fighting hard not to be seen as have been played fast one on,by Fulanis,so as to save face,for your utter stupidity and gross delusion.
Brace-up and accept the fact that,
1.President-Fulani
2.Senate President-Fulani.
Courtsey-Southwest stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by seunmsg(m): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
but they had a yoruba mum...and she can name him any yoruba name but that doesnt change the fact that the man is a fulani...which he said by himself ...so why this argument?

If the Yoruba mum is responsible for the children's firstname being Yoruba, how do you explain the Saraki surname then? Did they brought the Saraki name from Mali?

1 Like

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
seunmsg:

If the Yoruba mum is responsible for the children's firstname being Yoruba, how do you explain the Saraki surname then? Did they brought the Saraki name from Mali?

WHY THIS ARGUEMENT.... HE SAID HE IS A FULANI MAN...I THINK THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED ALSO

For heaven sake seriki or saraki is a title just like oba or obi...it is not a Yoruba name...

have you heard of
Seriki Hausawa
Seriki Hausawa (Hausa/Fulani leader in Akwa Ibom)
The Seriki, Fulani of Egbaland

Now why are you disputing what an adult said about himself and he made it clear ...HE IS A FULANI MAN...stop these attachee...its embarrassing i must say
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by htconeline: 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ibo the lose tribe ahahhahahahah
They can as well call dino melaye fulani man......since everyone from north is fulani.
Even governor of Kwara is fulani according to ibo ideology. undecided undecided sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
can you please grow up...this is not a tribal bashing thread..take ur hatred elsewhere...we are trying to analyse what the man saraki said about himself...what is wrong with you people...go and carry placards pls

this is not your place

htconeline:
Ibo the lose tribe ahahhahahahah
They can as well call dino melaye fulani man......since everyone from north is fulani.
Even governor of Kwara is fulani according to ibo ideology. undecided undecided sad

3 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by superstar1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
OP, it seems the reality of Saraki being yoruba seems a bitter pill to swallow.

Do you think all African ethnic groups are not proud of their heritage like y1bos, that names their children names of other ethnicities eg Bamidele Azikwe -- that is even the first born of the greatest Y1boman that ever liveth.

His name is bukola.

His surname is saraki.

His father's name is Olusola.

His mother's name is Morenike

His sister's name is Gbemisola.

I love this "One Nigeria Fulani Family" then. They were so captivated by the alluring Yoruba names, languages and culture, that they embraced it in its totality.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
my dear i am not arguing who is yollloba or not...i am just reporting what he said..i met a lady at ilupeju that bears kemi and from somewhere in kogi but she vehemently denies been yoruba...such an intelligent girl...anybody can taker any name but surname is a pointer to the tribe

and seriki/saraki is a fulani name and the MAN said it all by HIMSELF not me...pls reserve your energy for him if you will meet not me

did you see the refrences and links

NO BE ME WRITE AM ABEG

LoL
superstar1:

Do you think all African ethnic groups are not proud of their heritage like y1bos, that names their children names of other ethnicities eg Bamidele Azikwe -- that is even the first born of the greatest Y1boman that ever liveth.

His name is bukola.

His surname is saraki.

I love this "One Nigeria Fulani Family" then. They were so captivated by the alluring Yoruba names, languages and culture, that they embraced it in its totality.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by macof(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
tonychristopher:
they will claim everything just like the oduduwa ...failing from sky, from middle east. from benin

confusion everywhere but i think i will take what the man said about himself...HE SAID HE IS FROM FULANI in that interview and any other story is false or attachee

You idiotic bastard why is yoruba always Givin u headache? Everyday you dream yoruba

Yoruba never said any such thing about Oduduwa

And Saraki is a Yoruba man with fulani ancestry...a man who doesn't even know a word of fulah but speaks yoruba

We are nt like you fools from ur village who have been isolated for centuries

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by sammyj: 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
OPs should stop crying more than the bereaved ! !!

1 Like

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by crisngige(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
So the Emir Kolapo of Illorin is not Fulani because of his Yoruba name abi?Fulani adopt the names of the people around them in order to politicaly adapt and it works for them. There is nothing shameful about that.
superstar1:

His name is bukola.

His surname is saraki.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by huptin(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
Saraki is a yoruba corruption of 'Sarki' an arabic title....their great great grand father might have been a Fulani who settled in Ilorin and got acculturated to the Yoruba ways, i doubt if Bukola can even speak Fulfulde or Hausa, he is Yoruba in every way. The truth is a Yoruba man is number 2 and 3 in dis current set up.

Just ask your self can an ibo man from Benue ever be allowed to take a slot belinging to North central even if he claims that his father came from Futa djallon? In the same vein, Saraki should not usurp what belongs to the north central whether his great great grandfather is Fulani or not.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Is that all u got ?
macof:

You idiotic bastard why is yoruba always Givin u headache? Everyday you dream yoruba

Yoruba never said any such thing about Oduduwa

And Saraki is a Yoruba man with fulani ancestry...a man who doesn't even know a word of fulah but speaks yoruba

We are nt like you fools from ur village who have been isolated for centuries
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by superstar1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
crisngige:
So the Emir Kolapo of Illorin is not Fulani because of his Yoruba name abi?Fulani adopt the names of the people around them in order to politicaly adapt and it works for them. There is nothing shameful about that.

The same way that adopted Emeka in Enugu or Igboshume in Umuleri abi?

What is the surname of the Emir?

Ibos too adopt the names of people around them in order to politically adapt, if teh example of Bamidele Azikwe is taken into cognisance?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by masseratti: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
lari03:
Your great great grandfather was from Mali, but your father's surname was Saraki: a yoruba surname; Your father's first name was Sola, he married a yoruba woman and he named his son: Bukola & his daughter: Gbemisola.
saraki is not a Yoruba name for God's sakes.the name saraki is same as Turaki.
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by crisngige(m): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
In the North Fulani speak Hausa. In Illorin they speak Yoruba; but they have their own language called Fulfude which they speak to among themselves. That Fula or Fulfude is the native language of Buhari and Atiku and Saraki and Tambuwal and Ribadu. Fulani are the geniuses of political organization.
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by superstar1(m): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
masseratti:
saraki is not a Yoruba name for God's sakes.the name saraki is same as Turaki.

Revisionist.

Saraki in yoruba is an important personalty, an eminent person.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by tonychristopher: 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
superstar1:

Revisionist.

Saraki in yoruba is an important personalty, an eminent person.

But be is right ..:just like saying oba is a Yoruba name but its edo
Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by superstar1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
crisngige:
In the North Fulani speak Hausa. In Illorin they speak Yoruba; but they have their own language called Fulfude which they speak to among themselves. That Fula or Fulfude is the native language of Buhari and Atiku and Saraki and Tambuwal and Ribadu. Fulani are the geniuses of political organization.

how come Ribadu, Buhari and atiku are all fulani names and Saraki is not?

1 Like

Re: Saraki,fulani And Nigerian Politics: Answered by superstar1(m): 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
tonychristopher:

But be is right ..:just like saying oba is a Yoruba name but its edo

Bad revisionism at work again.

Oba is a yoruba word and not edo. Read up.

what is the meaning of Omo N'Oba ------ Omo ni Oba. Is that yoruba or edo?

Their king's title of Ogiso was changed to Oba.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Must Reject The Second Coming Of Buhari By Femi Aribisala / Breaking: Osinbajo Insults Apc Youth / Breaking!! Delta State Governor Gave Supreme Court 10million Dollars-sahararepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.