Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning (36248 Views)

Majek Fashek Attends House On The Rock Church, Lagos (Photos) / Linda Ikeji And Majek Fashek Strike A Pose / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by no2fuks(m): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
anonimi:

What has this got to do with his governor, Oshiomole or the senator/representative/state lawmaker or even LGA Chairman/ councillor?

How much personal income TAX did he pay to the government when he was earning millions of $$$$$$$$$

How much tax do you think the government can expect from him if rehabilitated?

If government does Father xmas senselessly like this how will it-

- provide education for all our kids.
- make TAP water available for everyone.
- provide basic health in clinics & hospitals properly equipped.
- RECRUIT and promptly PAY teachers, maintenance technicians/engineers, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, sanitary inspectors, school/hospital administrators, accountants etc

He needs rehab for sure but who should pay and for whose benefit and how DISCIPLINED can he be to guarantee success

he is a Nigerian that is good enough reason.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by anonimi: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
no2fuks:

He is the ONLY Nigerian in need of rehab, that is good enough reason, not so.?

What about those other mentally ill people on the streets and in other places, many of whom never earned money talk less of paying TAX

What should their governors etc do to them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by aviazuva: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
Majekudunmi Fashek!!!
The captain of your ship has fallen asleep
and you have decided to navigate your boat
Sea waves from the north and south almost has capsized your boat
But through the powes of the most high,
sail on brother sail on

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by NelsonOjo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
MojiDelano:
Majek Fashek: A National Tragedy By Joseph Edgar

On my way to work this morning, I spotted a loony figure. Pants sagged, dirty black underwear showing, a caftan perched precariously on his extra lean shoulders, shock of long unkempt dreadlocks cascading down his head and teeth yellowed by years of hard living and a face still surprisingly handsome despite the ravages of illicit living.

This was Majek, my hero, the one who brought down the rain. He it was who redefined Reggae and in that one album forced us to look deep into our consciousness, calling us prisoners of conscience. He it was who took that Bob Marley piece, Redemption Song into the sublime. He infused it with his pangolo rhythm and turned it into an anthem of social and spiritual awakening. Majek was a god, strong Adonis like looks, talent yet to me replicated in our clime and charisma of the gods.

This same Majek, I just saw like that in Fadeyi, begging for ogogoro becuase he did not have 100 Naira to pay for it. I stopped brought out 1,000 Naira and was immediately struck by confusion. Should I give him this money and contribute to his death or should I refuse him and watch him throw a tantrum like a disposed toddler. He saved me the dilemma as he grabbed the money from me and rushed to the ugly, black dirty merchant of death, who gleefully poured him a glass full.

Majek downed the drink and hugged me like I had just saved him from the hang mans noose. I looked deep into his eyes and saw a lost soul. He was actually begging for help, the demon inside of him peered at me from his once very beautiful eyes, daring me to do my worse. Assuring me that he had no intention of leaving this host until it finished it's dreadful task of killing him ever so slowly.

He called me a fine boy and wished he was as good looking as I was, I laughed. A laugh that was more of pity, a laugh that was laced with internal cry of pain. A pain that cascaded through every pain in my body. If only I had one tenth of this talent, I would be far from fadeyi begging for N100 worth of ogogoro.

Did we fail him as Nigerians, did we put an umbrella over the Rainmaker, did the flood of his talent wash away his life, what can be done, do we continue watch him make a mockery of a Life once blessed?

Majek in his destitution represents Nigeria. Blessed with more than enough resources., rich in human capacity, more fertile land than the whole of Asia and filled with gifted and talented people, but yet beggerly and poor. Daily our leaders go to 'jibowu' to beg poorer countries for aid, for debt forgiveness. The contradiction never leaves me. Japan with no known Natural resources is so developed that we can only look in shame.

Majek with all the talents of a thousand people, begging the woman who can't lift a finger beside him for N100, Majek being laughed at by miscreants and being mocked with so much joy by those who were not half as blessed by God.

What can I do, but to write this piece and just walk away, lest his guest demon attempt a move on my life. I saw it and felt it look into my soul and with one withered hand, offered me a shot of the Devils brew. A shot I knew would throw me into the darkest pits of Majeks torture, a shot that will take me spiraling down the tunnels of oblivion, destroying the innocent dependent lives of my children while giving Majek solace that he has finally found a room mate albeit a very reluctant and scared one.

I pray for you sir. I pray God gives you peace.

God bless you Majek.

Joseph Edgar is an investment banker who writes as a hobby. He writes from a humorous, satirical point of view. He blogs at josephedgarng..com.

http://josephedgarng..com/2015/06/marek-fashek-national-tragedy.html

I weep for this Man,God pls reinjuvinate him.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by stchinedu: 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
JustCurious:
••You are a good writer, please keep it up!••

#Life is a learning journey. I pray for him, too.
Good observation...He writes well!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by solobenzo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
embarassed
victorels:
When you Ignore the essence of religion and call it politics, you will certainly become a victim of religion. In politics, there are winners and losers but only the bad people wins. So calling religion politics is giving yourself option of winning or losing. And to win, you must be evil.

Religion is not politics @Majek
what is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
Majekodunmi Fasheun alias majek fashek.. Still love u sha

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by HighQue007: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
Pls people should stop talking about spiritual attack or something of suchas it will stare away good people that would like to help him.

I wish i could reach out to the government to help this man cos he his a lengend with great international recognition so the world seeing him in this state is not a shame on him but to the whole Nigeria..

State government, federal government and even the very big Nigerian record labels like the Mavins and co can help revive this man and bring his music career alive cos i know he still has a lot to sing with his experience.

I wish i am in a good position to help this man i would be so so glad.

if you are in a better position pls do something and lets keep spreading the word.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by ritapearl(f): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
Seriously? I cant believe this!

I thought it was a joke!

May God have mercy on him.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by BJ4REEL(m): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
I feel really sad each time i remember this man.

Such a talented and intelligent man.

I can remember there was a call to save this man in 2012, not sure why this man is still like this.

Have his family members also given up on him cry
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by brainpowerng(m): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
His case is very spiritual. Take him to MFM for deliverance.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
solobenzo:
embarassed what is this one saying

Absolutely Nothing! Hwuuum. Haaaaa.

Ignore and pass.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by mikron(m): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
dejt4u:
tnx for the explanation.. I actually knw the OP and the original writer..
ok
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by andyanders: 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
musicwriter:
@MojiDelano

The best musician Nigeria ever produced just lost it. It's such a pity.

Majek was destroyed by satanic forces in high places which he sang against. He was spiritually overpowered, so he lost the battle. But, he did not lose the war. He's a good spirit and I'm 100% sure Jah will accept his soul.

I saw his pic online and felt exactly the same way you did and I made this song. Where's my hero?. Check it out on YouTube at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzXxuWfmn2w

Feel so bad seeing such a handsome and talented Majek gone mad. He destroyed his life through drugs and only deliverance can take this guy out of this, less he die that way.

Op, in fact, I respect your person and your presentation of this piece on Majek

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by oromankirisi(f): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
cry cry
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by jjgirljay(f): 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
The way you write oh my god,I kept going back to see if you were truly a banker. Well done. As for our send down the rain master,I was too young to know him but with what I have read about him,I can only pray May God take control

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by cosxzbay: 10:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nic. Piece...I spent more time enjoying the rhetoric sequence of your work and I forgot it was about Majek.lol

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by Santi222(m): 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
So sad.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by zomby(m): 12:09am On Jun 13, 2015
@OP

I did exactly the same thing when I saw him begging for food and misbehaving in NY city a few years ago.
This is not new at all, this is how he operates on a regular, in fact, he has been this way for over 10 yrs now.
He has been giving more than 1000 chances to get himself together, but only for him to return back to ground zero each time he was given chances or opportunities. I truly believe that no one can help this dude, he must be willing to help himself.

Very sad indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by NobleG1(m): 1:51am On Jun 13, 2015
MojiDelano:

Joseph Edgar or whatever is your name, you preached about how bad you felt of his terrible condition and yet you bought him a glass of Ogogoro! What the f*uck is wrong with you? You're a part of his problem!

Even though I believe Majek is fully responsible for his plight, unworthy people like you helped keep him in this condition. You should have bought him food instead of giving him the money, that's what a reasonable person should have done. If you want to help a drug addict, you DON'T give the person money because it will obviously end up being used to purchase either alcohol or drugs!

Majek Fashek's terrible condition is an example of what happens when one chooses the wrong path in life! This man was once number one artist in West Africa. He was placed in the same level with his South African counterpart, Lucky Dube and he was loved everywhere- Africa, U.S. Europe, South America and even in Jamaica!

Majek achieved a fit no other African has achieved since. He played on David Letterman's Late Night Show in 1992 (below video)! One of the most popular American Shows till this day!

It's sad that Majek Fashek is racing to his grave. The only way he can be saved is by forcing him into a good Rehab Center in the U.S. or Europe, but the so-called Nigerian musicians will not be willing to pay the Rehab fees. I just wish him well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WU94jnHfTM
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by darmys(f): 2:15am On Jun 13, 2015
oh dear.
this is touching.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 13, 2015
I went4 a show there(hype on t.v awards)

themodernman:

Ikeja Central Hotel behind Jolly friends hotel (ile ashawo) wetin you fain go there?
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by fpeter(f): 7:26am On Jun 13, 2015
anonimi:

What has this got to do with his governor, Oshiomole or the senator/representative/state lawmaker or even LGA Chairman/ councillor?

How much personal income TAX did he pay to the government when he was earning millions of $$$$$$$$$

How much tax do you think the government can expect from him if rehabilitated?

This is rather harsh....it is only fair to help another human without thinking of the gains or reward...he is a legend and right now he needs help.

If government does Father xmas senselessly like this how will it-

- provide education for all our kids.
- make TAP water available for everyone.
- provide basic health in clinics & hospitals properly equipped.
- RECRUIT and promptly PAY teachers, maintenance technicians/engineers, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, sanitary inspectors, school/hospital administrators, accountants etc

He needs rehab for sure but who should pay and for whose benefit and how DISCIPLINED can he be to guarantee success

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by anonimi: 10:24am On Jun 13, 2015
brainpowerng:
His case is very spiritual. Take him to MFM for deliverance.

Sorry to say, but his case is NOT spiritual.
No it is not!
It is a mental HEALTH issue that needs expensive rehab treatment.

Thinking primitively that his drug addiction was spiritual at the beginning is what made it get worse to this stage. Let us stop DECEIVING ourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by brainpowerng(m): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2015
anonimi:

Sorry to say, but his case is NOT spiritual.
No it is not!
It is a mental HEALTH issue that needs expensive rehab treatment.

Thinking primitively that his drug addiction was spiritual at the beginning is what made it get worse to this stage. Let us stop DECEIVING ourselves.

I pardon your ignorance to discern and see issues from a wider perspective. Its so ridiculous seeing educated illiterates forget to know that the physical is the manifestation of the spiritual. Majek's soul is troubled and no known science rehabilitation procedure has the capacity to revive him except God.

He needs God more than anything else.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by anonimi: 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
brainpowerng:

I pardon your ignorance to discern and see issues from a wider perspective. Its so ridiculous seeing educated illiterates forget to know that the physical is the manifestation of the spiritual. Majek's soul is troubled and no known science rehabilitation procedure has the capacity to revive him except God.

He needs God more than anything else.

And God did not PROVIDE the brains that thought up the 'science rehabilitation procedures', right
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by Gariga: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ben Bruce, Pls for God's sake do something about Majek Fashek now.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by sule4: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
Joseph Edgar, moji Delano and the reasonable ones here, what can I do to help this brother? Lots of Nigerians derive happiness from seeing others go down.
My sons and I love him, and we are anxious to. I Lost his contacts a long time ago as I got too busy with my sons.
The captain obvious spend too much time on defining drugs, and how he's the author of his own downfall. so no one can rehabilitate him. Y'all give me a break. One thing is clear , they've not contributed to bringing any human back to life, ever.
Please lets stop giving him money to snuff, smoke, inject or drink those things.
Is there any rehab center where he is right now? Any clean spiritualists? Anyone has his actual address, phone number or email! Please help!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
MojiDelano:
Majek Fashek: A National Tragedy By Joseph Edgar

On my way to work this morning, I spotted a loony figure. Pants sagged, dirty black underwear showing, a caftan perched precariously on his extra lean shoulders, shock of long unkempt dreadlocks cascading down his head and teeth yellowed by years of hard living and a face still surprisingly handsome despite the ravages of illicit living.

This was Majek, my hero, the one who brought down the rain. He it was who redefined Reggae and in that one album forced us to look deep into our consciousness, calling us prisoners of conscience. He it was who took that Bob Marley piece, Redemption Song into the sublime. He infused it with his pangolo rhythm and turned it into an anthem of social and spiritual awakening. Majek was a god, strong Adonis like looks, talent yet to me replicated in our clime and charisma of the gods.

This same Majek, I just saw like that in Fadeyi, begging for ogogoro becuase he did not have 100 Naira to pay for it. I stopped brought out 1,000 Naira and was immediately struck by confusion. Should I give him this money and contribute to his death or should I refuse him and watch him throw a tantrum like a disposed toddler. He saved me the dilemma as he grabbed the money from me and rushed to the ugly, black dirty merchant of death, who gleefully poured him a glass full.

Majek downed the drink and hugged me like I had just saved him from the hang mans noose. I looked deep into his eyes and saw a lost soul. He was actually begging for help, the demon inside of him peered at me from his once very beautiful eyes, daring me to do my worse. Assuring me that he had no intention of leaving this host until it finished it's dreadful task of killing him ever so slowly.

He called me a fine boy and wished he was as good looking as I was, I laughed. A laugh that was more of pity, a laugh that was laced with internal cry of pain. A pain that cascaded through every pain in my body. If only I had one tenth of this talent, I would be far from fadeyi begging for N100 worth of ogogoro.

Did we fail him as Nigerians, did we put an umbrella over the Rainmaker, did the flood of his talent wash away his life, what can be done, do we continue watch him make a mockery of a Life once blessed?

Majek in his destitution represents Nigeria. Blessed with more than enough resources., rich in human capacity, more fertile land than the whole of Asia and filled with gifted and talented people, but yet beggerly and poor. Daily our leaders go to 'jibowu' to beg poorer countries for aid, for debt forgiveness. The contradiction never leaves me. Japan with no known Natural resources is so developed that we can only look in shame.

Majek with all the talents of a thousand people, begging the woman who can't lift a finger beside him for N100, Majek being laughed at by miscreants and being mocked with so much joy by those who were not half as blessed by God.

What can I do, but to write this piece and just walk away, lest his guest demon attempt a move on my life. I saw it and felt it look into my soul and with one withered hand, offered me a shot of the Devils brew. A shot I knew would throw me into the darkest pits of Majeks torture, a shot that will take me spiraling down the tunnels of oblivion, destroying the innocent dependent lives of my children while giving Majek solace that he has finally found a room mate albeit a very reluctant and scared one.

I pray for you sir. I pray God gives you peace.

God bless you Majek.

Joseph Edgar is an investment banker who writes as a hobby. He writes from a humorous, satirical point of view. He blogs at josephedgarng..com.

http://josephedgarng..com/2015/06/marek-fashek-national-tragedy.html

Edgar (Fu#$xking) J.. my former Ex-BGL colleague
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by fixevent: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
Anyone who knows Majek's whereabout should pls contact me; fix.event@yahoo.com

Bless ya.
Re: Nairaland User Joseph Edgar Narrates Ordeal With Majek Fashek This Morning by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2015
no2fuks:

This is where NIGERIA fails Nigerians.. even 200 thousand Nigerian lives lost means nothing to NIGERIA.. how can i be patriotic when NIGERIA is not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Am Done Having Babies" - Annie Idibia Says As She Gushes Over A Baby / Shafy Bello Celebrates Her 50th Birthday With Lovely Pictures / Photos: Mercy Aigbe Shares Epic Throwback Photo From 12-years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.