Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari (28181 Views)

Prof. Simon Ortuanya Sworn In As Director Gen. Of S/east Governors Forum / Army: AI Report On Clash With Shi’ites Hasty, Partial, Subjective / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Jorussia(m): 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
onegig:
Nah...I had to bring your family into it cos your last post was that of someone who lacked compassion or has his head buried in the mud.

Question again is, would you have recommended this be swept under the carpet if this happenned in your town or village?

Should we sweep it under the carpet because the people affected are unknown to us and happen to come from the North?

The way some of you people on here behave and think, makes it feel like the people maimed or killed by BH, wrongly maimed or killed by the Nigerian Army are lesser humans, not Nigerians or they have no families who grief their demise.

An injustice to one is an injustice to all no matter what skin colour, environment or language they speak. They are humans like you and I and the least we could ask for is an unbiased investigation into this and bringing the culprits to book.

Else Next time it might be your village in turmoil and the soldiers would be drafted to quell the unrest. Only that they won't do their jobs but go on raping and killing innocent people. It's simple. Look at the bigger picture.
I think it is very wrong, for you to liken the fight against BH with that of a "mere communal security itch"The war against BH is by far much complicated than that of a communal conflict.You need to understand that when a community, hide BH terrorist sin its fold,what ever military exercise to be carried out there,the community must pay for it.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
It is not unexpected. Buhari has never for once supported Military action against BH under GEJ's administration. Instead of him to concern himself with the victims of BH bastards, he's more concerned with probing the military for fighting BH.

We are sending the military to Borno to first and foremost protect the civilians, and any allegation that suggests the maltreatment of civilians obviously should be looked into.

The weapons and resources we will ultimately use to defeat Boko Haram will come from our western partners and they will be very careful not to sell to armies that violate human right abuses. It's not just weapons we will need from them, we will also need intelligence, now that Boko Haram have aligned themselves with IS.

If Boko Haram( your arch enemy) runs into your compound unknowingly during a chase and the Nigerian military gets to know, they might destroy u, your family and the Boko haram terrorist together.

Separating the terrorist from the civilians is paramount, and will make them win hearts and mind.

When a ground has been taken from Boko Haram, our soldiers have to always go on foot patrols and interact amiably with the locals. Regular meetings coordinated between the villagers and the soldiers;that's how they will get vital info about Boko Haram.

Our military men are doing a fantastic job, don't get me wrong but we have to ensure their practices aren't like that of the terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by tswitch: 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
All in a bid to grant your blood sucking vampires amnesty as you initially planned.

Normadic nitwit thinking Nigerians are as retarded as the cows in his farm.

Buhari we know you plan all along all these do no shroud your intent.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by PenSniper: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
richness:
I remember a president 'long time ago' who would have set up a committee to look into this, then set up a second committee to look into the first committee report and a third committee to recommend action base on the second committee report

That was a rigmarole president. He was only short of setting up a committee to tell him when and when not to touch his wife.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
An atrocious case which Reetardeen Jonaadaft did not deem fit to investigate and prosecute the animals.

And some cretins wanted this Otuoke cretin to remain in Aso Rock.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
dayo23:
senseless post, infact I don't know how you became a Barcelona fan, common sense u lack!
like seriously this guy thinks he use to make sense but he really sucks.....I jux look at him lik a guy with no thinking faculty
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by lordfredrick: 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
It is not unexpected. Buhari has never for once supported Military action against BH under GEJ's administration. Instead of him to concern himself with the victims of BH bastards, he's more concerned with probing the military for fighting BH.
U don't hate buhari, u r not a citizen of nigeria. If nigeria has 10 of u, the country is doomed...
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by onegig(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
Jorussia:
I think it is very wrong, for you to liken the fight against BH with that of a "mere communal security itch"The war against BH is by far much complicated than that of a communal conflict.You need to understand that when a community, hide BH terrorist sin its fold,what ever military exercise to be carried out there,the community must pay for it.
Communal security itch you call it?

What happened in Odi, Bayelsa was a communal itch? I guess it was complicated also that's why the soldiers killed and raped members of the community.

The Apo 5 in abuja some few years ago is also a communal hitch?

Police and other armed officers raiding and terrorising an entire community because an armed robber was presumed to have escaped through such community is also a war zone to you abi?

I don't need to go back and forth with you since you ascribe to extra judicial killings and jungle justice.

Your type are far removed from the reality of things.

Just try this. Go report to the Nigerian police that you have an armed robber living near you and see what happens. If you won't be locked up and harassed on how you knew they were armed robbers if you weren't one of them. Numerous Nigerians have reported crimes only for the authorities to turn around and witch hunt them.

You expect people who have zero confidence in the armed forces, extensive language barrier and general neglect by the government to go report that they have suicide bombers in their midst? When we all know such actions is akin to shooting yourself in the leg as;

1. They would have no protection from the military.

2. They are helpless against the terrorists

3. Our forces are highly incompetent when handling civilian relations as they only believe in force and violence to resolve thorny issues.

4. No witness protection programs

In fact any member of a community in the North East that tries reporting has just committed suicide by reporting.

Not only that, the government should never descend to the level of savages. If a community is found aiding and abeting crime. You don't pick people from there and start shooting them point blank or burn hundreds of houses in the community. That's why there is a court of law. Everyone has a right to life and should be given fair trial for their actions. Government and it's agencies are there to protect people not brazenly kill hundreds.

1 Like

Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by rigarmortis: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
onegig:

Communal security itch you call it?

What happened in Odi, Bayelsa was a communal itch? I guess it was complicated also that's why the soldiers killed and raped members of the community.

The Apo 5 in abuja some few years ago is also a communal hitch?

Police and other armed officers raiding and terrorising an entire community because an armed robber was presumed to have escaped through such community is also a war zone to you abi?

I don't need to go back and forth with you since you ascribe to extra judicial killings and jungle justice.

Your type are far removed from the reality of things.

Just try this. Go report to the Nigerian police that you have an armed robber living near you and see what happens. If you won't be locked up and harassed on how you knew they were armed robbers if you weren't one of them. Numerous Nigerians have reported crimes only for the authorities to turn around and witch hunt them.

You expect people who have zero confidence in the armed forces, extensive language barrier and general neglect by the government to go report that they have suicide bombers in their midst? When we all know such actions is akin to shooting yourself in the leg as;

1. They would have no protection from the military.

2. They are helpless against the terrorists

3. Our forces are highly incompetent when handling civilian relations as they only believe in force and violence to resolve thorny issues.

4. No witness protection programs

In fact any member of a community in the North East that tries reporting has just committed suicide by reporting.

Not only that, the government should never descend to the level of savages. If a community is found aiding and abeting crime. You don't pick people from there and start shooting them point blank or burn hundreds of houses in the community. That's why there is a court of law. Everyone has a right to life and should be given fair trial for their actions. Government and it's agencies are there to protect people not brazenly kill hundreds.

Very good post.

But who was probed for the Odi, Zaki and other massacres?
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Pascal181: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
PenSniper:

Please note that this forum does not welcome trash english.
If u like use ur litle sense 2 tag d post trash english,if u don't stop supporting terrorism u will be killed and they will not probe anyone
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by onegig(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
rigarmortis:

Very good post.

But who was probed for the Odi, Zaki and other massacres?

That successive government didn't probe that has only allowed for it continuation and led to what happened Baga and Bama occurring again.

That Odi and Zaki Biam were not probed till date does not make what the Nigerian soldiers did there right. I believe we need to open all cases of alleged extra judicial killings so we can teach the culprits that you have no right to take the life of another without resort to what the law states.

The armed forces would attach caution next time, if they know they would be punished for such recklessness in the line of duty.

1 Like

Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by rigarmortis: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
onegig:

That successive government didn't probe that has only allowed for it continuation and led to what happened Baga and Bama occurring again.

That Odi and Zaki Biam were not probed till date does not make what the Nigerian soldiers did there right. I believe we need to open all cases of alleged extra judicial killings so we can teach the culprits that you have no right to take the life of another without resort to what the law states.

The armed forces would attach caution next time, if they know they would be punished for such recklessness in the line of duty.

Dont you agree with me that it would seem selective to probe just one out of the many?

Considering that this was outright warfare, with some guerilla fighting?

Collateral damage is bound to occur, i sincerely feel for the families who got caught on the wrong side though, but in the history of man there has never been a war without the death of innocent ones.

I hope you dont beleive those videos, the NA are not so stupid to film themselves shooting peeps then post same on the internet.

Plus, trust me, most of the killings of captured people was done by the villagers themselves and sometimes it will be the soldiers that would come and rescue them so they can get info from them.

Compare that to Odi and Zaki where whole villages were razed and even children killed.

If you want probe, then start from the begining, otherwise it would look like a witch hunt.

Even world war probes are going on.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by onegig(m): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
rigarmortis:

Dont you agree with me that it would seem selective to probe just one out of the many?

Considering that this was outright warfare, with some guerilla fighting?

Collateral damage is bound to occur, i sincerely feel for the families who got caught on the wrong side though, but in the history of man there has never been a war without the death of innocent ones.

I hope you dont beleive those videos, the NA are not so stupid to film themselves shooting peeps then post same on the internet.

Plus, trust me, most of the killings of captured people was done by the villagers themselves and sometimes it will be the soldiers that would come and rescue them so they can get info from them.

Compare that to Odi and Zaki where whole villages were razed and even children killed.

If you want probe, then start from the begining, otherwise it would look like a witch hunt.

Even world war probes are going on.

There is nothing selective as regards anything. You have no facts as regard this issue and would do well to look at Amnesty's reports before commenting. A whole town was raised and burnt and you say there are no kids in there? You even have the temerity to call it collateral damage?

There's no need for a comparison. You can always open a case with change.org or even file a claim with AI(I heard they allow that) asking for an inquest into the other killings and I would gladly sign it.

This is more pronounced and lots of evidence of it abound including satellite imagery from AI.

The war is ongoing and this investigation is directly tied to the success or failure of the campaign against BH. I understand your bias but ethnic loyalty does not follow logical reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by rigarmortis: 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
onegig:

There is nothing selective as regards anything. You have no facts as regard this issue and would do well to look at Amnesty's reports before commenting. A whole town was raised and burnt and you say there are no kids in there? You even have the temerity to call it collateral damage?

There's no need for a comparison. You can always open a case with change.org or even file a claim with AI(I heard they allow that) asking for an inquest into the other killings and I would gladly sign it.

This is more pronounced and lots of evidence of it abound including satellite imagery from AI.

The war is ongoing and this investigation is directly tied to the success or failure of the campaign against BH. I understand your bias but ethnic loyalty does not follow logical reasoning.

You type plenty but convey little, you side stepped my questions as to why Odi and Zaki, which were not full fledged insurgencies were not mentioned, and before you mention AI, not that as a sitting government, you dont need AI to probe wrong and excessive use of force, you even left out the biafra episode, recall black scorpions statement that he shoots anything that moves, and the starvation policy which was defended by saying that it was needed to end the war, you also questioned my use of collateral damage, do you know the meaning or you just wanted to usw the word ''temerity'' in a sentence and lastly you concluded that i am biased due to tribal sentiments when you dont even know my tribe, i didnt mention or abuse any tribe and those accused cuts across the three major regions.

Good luck.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by quiet006storm: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Here's something to make you laugh for the weekend. http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/06/caption-this.html
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
u sound upside down! U sure u are ok son?
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
ochejoseph:
Wrong Approach!

It would have been better if the Attorney General is saddled with local responsibilities

Like How to decongest prisions by evolving innovative solutions that ensures that trial criminal or civil are concluded within a 90 day window with 30 days at most under a judge at any level

That way the hundreds of thousands of awaiting trail suspects will know their fate,

I also sincerely believe that the level of criminality and lawlessness increased as a result of the lackadaisical manner in which trails are handled in Nigeria.

A situation where the chief luncher in a chief Judges Book lunch is an "accused" or a "respondent" in a case being handled by the chief Judge need much to be desired.

Where was Amnesty when American Generals engaged in water Boarding in Abu guraibs Prison, where was Amnesty when Shekau was Nominated By Time Magazine for award.

Our soldiers and their families have made a lot of sacrifices and continue to do so under difficult circumstances and we are grateful to them, they do not need such distraction at this critical period.

Directing the Minister to go on shadow chasing Trip to Sambisa when our Justice system and national legal framework are begging for attention shows that those advising the President are doing this nation a great disservice!
that inzu u smoked is having serious effect on ur medula oblongata. I warned u!!

As u dey sound like ITK with inspiration from rotten ganja why don't u tender ur resume/CV so that u can work with the Presidency cos u sound very highly reasonable.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by onegig(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
rigarmortis:

You type plenty but convey little, you side stepped my questions as to why Odi and Zaki, which were not full fledged insurgencies were not mentioned, and before you mention AI, not that as a sitting government, you dont need AI to probe wrong and excessive use of force, you even left out the biafra episode, recall black scorpions statement that he shoots anything that moves, and the starvation policy which was defended by saying that it was needed to end the war, you also questioned my use of collateral damage, do you know the meaning or you just wanted to usw the word ''temerity'' in a sentence and lastly you concluded that i am biased due to tribal sentiments when you dont even know my tribe, i didnt mention or abuse any tribe and those accused cuts across the three major regions.

Good luck.

You don't need to abuse or curse a tribe before you show your ethnic leanings.

If you would call an investigative inquest into the extra judicial killings of your fellow countrymen selective without reputable facts but would go on to list other atrocities that happened in the past from a select place then I don't need a soothsayer to tell me your bias.

Reflect on the following quotes of yours.

You just told us to brush off the Baga and Bama case because you feel what happened in Odi was worse without you presenting empirical facts to support it and you also just told us, it was the villagers killing themselves contrary to what the Nigerian Army told us that they were hiding the terrorists that's why most villages were razed. So which do we believe?

Please next time, bring facts when arguing. It makes things more interesting.

1 Like

Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Scholes007(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
let him probe, lets see how it turns out to be....I will be waiting patiently and see how foreign body will dictate for Him and how we make some technical mistakes about our [size=25pt]sovereignty and peace[/size]
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by rigarmortis: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
onegig:

You don't need to abuse or curse a tribe before you show your ethnic leanings.

If you would call an investigative inquest into the extra judicial killings of your fellow countrymen selective without reputable facts but would go on to list other atrocities that happened in the past from a select place then I don't need a soothsayer to tell me your bias.

Reflect on the following quotes of yours.

You just told us to brush off the Baga and Bama case because you feel what happened in Odi was worse without you presenting empirical facts to support it and you also just told us, it was the villagers killing themselves contrary to what the Nigerian Army told us that they were hiding the terrorists that's why most villages were razed. So which do we believe?

Please next time, bring facts when arguing. It makes things more interesting.

You are so good at jumping to conclusions, why dont you represent nigeria in the triple jump events come next olympics?

My bro is currently in the NE, serving the country the army way, i tell you, any arrest you see is done by the army, whenever the villagers catch someone suspected to be boko, its instant judgement, there is a documentary in conjunction with BBC and aired on ebony tv, where one head of the vigilante forces in a interveiw said his nephew joined boko, and was captured by his band of vigilantes, he said he killed the boy himself!

This is the reason why the NA stoped the vigilantes from raids.

Now the hiding of boko by the villagers was in the early periods, some out of fear hid some boko members, some were intimidated into doing so, i will search if there is a link on the aforementioned interview.

Now zaki ibiam, odi and biafra, apart from being nigerians, what do they have in comon?.........they are 3 different tribes, which one am i?

plus i never said odi was worse, i said the army razed the village down, which is a fact wether you beleive or not, if that one is not investigated, zaki ibiam is not investigated then this one which is an all out war is about to be investigated then some people will veiw it as selective.

Now give me one fact to back your own claims...
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
Ope,common sense is not common...
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by onegig(m): 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
rigarmortis:

My bro is currently in the NE, serving the country the army way, i tell you, any arrest you see is done by the army, whenever the villagers catch someone suspected to be boko, its instant judgement, there is a documentary in conjunction with BBC and aired on ebony tv, where one head of the vigilante forces in a interveiw said his nephew joined boko, and was captured by his band of vigilantes, he said he killed the boy himself!

plus i never said odi was worse, i said the army razed the village down, which is a fact wether you beleive or not, if that one is not investigated, zaki ibiam is not investigated then this one which is an all out war is about to be investigated then some people will veiw it as selective.

Now give me one fact to back your own claims...

Good speed and I wish your brother and all galant soldiers in the war against these beast protection and God's guidance.

As for facts. I don't have facts, that's why I want this investigated and laid to rest. I can only have facts when the investigation is complete.
Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by marcondo13: 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
Rawani:

That is not true.

“There is no justification for this wanton disregard for the sanctity and dignity of human life. Any ideology that trafficks in terror and violence is a devilish ideology that has no place in a civilized society.

“This is the time for our security agencies and those responsible for the security and well-being of our citizens to intensify vigilance in order to mitigate future occurrences.

“Because, it is inconceivable that despite heavy militarization, terrorists and other criminal elements are still able to terrify the defenceless populations of those areas.

“May God grant us the strength and unity to overcome this.”

- General Muhammadu Buhari | Date: February 18, 2014 (under GEJ's administration)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/borno-massacre-boko-haram-ideology-devilish-buhari/

Your resort to falsehood confirms your lack of anything of substance to criticize this laudable move.

The AG should leave no stone unturned in this investigation, as more information about the sponsors of the blood sucking animals could be gathered in the process. Those that argue that this investigation with possible prosecution and incarceration might negatively affect the morale of the officers should note that as at today, a total of 509 officers and soldiers are facing separate courts martial for offences relating to conspiracy, disobedience to lawful orders, neglect and mutiny as a result of the corruption and impunity that reigned under Goodluck Jonathan's tenure as Commander-in-chief, mostly due to the lack of effective leadership which would have put the service chiefs to task and ensured they were accountable for their actions and inactions. Why should they face the courts while their superiors enjoy their looted billions?

There is no fallen morale worse that that which led frustrated soldiers to shoot at their senior officer some months ago. Apart from the lack of equipment and welfare which could trigger such an extreme action, being asked to round up 200+ civilians to slaughter because ONE person was identified as a neighbour to the rest, definitely leaves mental and psychological scars on these human soldiers.

The period of accountability is here. It should be noted that PMB did not order this investigation (to warrant witch-hunting claims), and his pursuance of this indictment is an indication of his commitment, and is critical to his domestic and international success in eliminating Boko Haram.

Where was Amnesty International when Odi was sacked and thousands killed? Where were they when Gen Danjuma, a Jukun, as Defence Minister ordered the sacking of Zaki Biam, a Tiv town and hometown of Gen Malu? Where were they when Ogodobiri and environs was bombed in search of John Togo?? Where were they when Okorenkoko was bombarded over the attack on a military convoy miles away? The Army even apologised for the destruction, and pledged money for rehabilitation and rebuilding of the town!
They have an agenda and time will tell! #WestGermany

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari by FRANKOXY(m): 4:44am On Jun 14, 2015
let's do these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Don Moen At Taiwo Odukoya's 60th Birthday Celebration / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua & Nyako In Makkah For Hajj, 1989 / Emefiele Pumped ₦‎10Tn Into Economy Through Quasi-Fiscal Activities – Cardoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.