Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why (30350 Views)

Obiano Gives Boat To Ogwu-Aniocha Community In Anambra As Christmas Present / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage / Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by dustmalik: 12:25am On Sep 29, 2015
In as much as i would like to see Joy Ogwu sacked or be recalled by the federal government for her incompetency and for deliberately sabotaging Buhari's itineraries which, in turn, led to a gargantuan embarrassment on the person of my beloved President, it's not possible. Though her tenure expires in December 2015, which is barely two months from now. The emboldened, in my opinion, means she can't be sacked or recalled by the federal government. Read below

Permanent Representative to the United Nations

A Permanent Representative (sometimes called a "UN ambassador" is the head of a diplomatic mission to the United Nations Organization (or United Nations, UN). Of these, the most high-profile UN Permanent Representatives are those assigned to headquarters in New York City (U.S.). However, member states also appoint Permanent Representatives to the other UN offices in Geneva (Switzerland), Vienna (Austria), and Nairobi (Kenya).

Many countries, including the United States, call their UN Permanent Representatives "U.N. ambassadors". Although a Permanent Representative holds the equivalent diplomatic rank of an ambassador (or Chief of Mission or High Commissioner), he or she is accredited to an international organisation, and not to a Head of State (as a nation's ambassador would be) or to a Head of Government (as a High Commissioner would be).

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Representative_to_the_United_Nations

NB - This is my opinion, and also to educate those calling for her sack. For the bigots on here, you can insult me all you want, but i'll not be replying

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 29, 2015
My President has much more important issue to attend to, than focus on this slip. The main work is just about to begin. Stop focusing on irrelevances peep. #MovingOn...

6 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Those calling for her sack are just being mischief, myopic and exhibiting raw hate. It is a sheer show of incompetency on Buhari's handlers and overt vulgarity that a president leaves the shores of his country with no agenda for a meeting as important as the UN. You can decieve the people some time but you cannot deceive them all the time. Its a big shame some Nigerians out of party affiliation or affinity opted to justify buhari's incompetence to manage diplomatic affairs.

210 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by obailala(m): 12:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Enough of all these noise over this little administrative lapse. This woman retires in 2 months, this issue and this woman should be allowed to be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by aresa: 12:40am On Sep 29, 2015
She'll be gone in 2 months so what's yye meaning of your worthless post?

Silly and incompetent villagers.

28 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by obailala(m): 12:45am On Sep 29, 2015
JudismphD:
Those calling for her sack are just being mischief, myopic and exhibiting raw hate. It is a sheer show of incompetency on Buhari's handlers and overt vulgarity that a president leaves the shores of his country with no agenda for a meeting as important as the UN. You can decieve the people some time but you cannot deceive them all the time. Its a big shame some Nigerians out of party affiliation or affinity opted to justify buhari's incompetence to manage diplomatic affairs.
One doesnt need more than just common sense to understand that it wasn't Buhari's fault he missed a meeting which wasnt in his official itinerary; enough of this overflogged issue of missing one meeting or one meaningless handshake. At the end though, he still gets to take the blame because he's the president, but can we please move on to better things...

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by prof17(m): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2015
In addition Buhari should also share part if not the whole of blame because had it been that he had appionted ministerof forieng afairs and ambassardo the stress and the work load would had not be much on the poor woman.

55 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by ewosk: 12:53am On Sep 29, 2015
i dont get ito...

Is she the person in charge of PMB itinerary?
How did she deliberately sabotage PMB ''mission'' to UN

31 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by globalresource: 12:57am On Sep 29, 2015
Okay . Wait till her tenure ends
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Lhanre(m): 2:12am On Sep 29, 2015
Why are people just deliberately ignoring the clear fact to make political point. A country's mission to an international organization is an advisory body to the head of government concerning all issues and dealings with that organization. Failure to identify and inform the government of the relevant meetings that needs to be attended is a failure of the mission in one of its most elementary duties. The head of mission and all its members involved directly or remotely should be recalled and remanded to desk duties at the foreign affairs ministry with close monitoring for the next five years. They have all apparently being sleeping at their duty post all these while.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by aresa: 2:34am On Sep 29, 2015
[s]
talktimi:
daft city bingo. You have been noticed, oya gwan eat shít
[/s]

Wasn't expecting anything sane and intelligent from a biafra village clown like you so stop trying to impress me...

21 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by wytecat: 2:34am On Sep 29, 2015
So where does it say that she can't be sacked?

Who appointed her? She can be sacked just as she was appointed!

She must NOT be allowed to finish her term. She deliberately disgraced Nigeria, and she must be made to exit in shame.

dustmalik:
In as much as i would like to see Joy Ogwu sacked or be recalled by the federal government for her incompetency and for deliberately sabotaging Buhari's itineraries which, in turn, led to a gargantuan embarrassment on the person of my beloved President, it's not possible. Though her tenure expires in December 2015, which is barely two months from now. The emboldened, in my opinion, means she can't be sacked or recalled by the federal government. Read below

NB - This is my opinion, and also to educate those calling for her sack. For the bigots on here, you can insult me all you want, but i'll not be replying

15 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by aresa: 2:34am On Sep 29, 2015
Lhanre:
Why are people just deliberately ignoring the clear fact to make political point. A country's mission to an international organization is an advisory body to the head of government concerning all issues and dealings with that organization. Failure to identify and inform the government of the relevant meetings that needs to be attended is a failure of the mission in one of its most elementary duties. The head of mission and all its members involved directly or remotely should be recalled and remanded to desk duties at the foreign affairs ministry with close monitoring for the next five years. They have all apparently being sleeping at their duty post all these while.

Very well said...

12 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 29, 2015
Incompetence doesn't describe Professor Ogwu. The President wasn't scheduled to attend the UN habitat meeting and he wasn't there. So what's the fuss? He didn't miss a meeting by the Secretary General or UN General Assembly. He's not supposed to attend every meeting called by every UN Under Secretary General used mainly to boost the image of the convener. Online social media started the trash about Nigerian non participation and it percolated. What's the job of Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs or even the Nigerian Mission in New York. Sahara Reporters is based in same New York as Mrs Ogwu. Perhaps the publication has issues with the woman.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 29, 2015
wytecat:
So where does it say that she can't be sacked?

Who appointed her? She can be sacked just as she was appointed!

She must NOT be allowed to finish her term. She deliberately disgraced Nigeria, and she must be made to exit in shame.

Would you DELIBERATELY disgrace your country and risk being sacked with less than two months to retirement after an illustrious career? Nigeria simply prioritized meeting to attend and that's all. Nigeria is not supposed to attend all the meetings and the President wasn't scheduled to attend. Nobody did any wrong. Just online rabble rousers in their mischief.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by wytecat: 3:30am On Sep 29, 2015
I wouldn't!
But can the same be said about this people? The answer is NO!

There's no point explaining anything away, there's enough of that on this very thread and if you don't get it by now, you will never get it!
It's SABOTAGE, and I saw it coming and even said it on another thread before this one was created.

I study people and follow patterns. If it looks, walks and quacks like it, it is a duck. Ibos will do anything to destroy this government if given the opportunity.

kITATITA:

Would you DELIBERATELY disgrace your country and risk being sacked with less than two months to retirement after an illustrious career? Nigeria simply prioritized meeting to attend and that's all. Nigeria is not supposed to attend all the meetings and the President wasn't scheduled to attend. Nobody did any wrong. Just online rabble rousers in their mischief.

10 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by OlujobaSamuel: 3:49am On Sep 29, 2015
I won't blame her for either events. I think there are some fifth columnist within. in the case of the missing meetings, about 70% of our meetings centers on Security and BH, she probably prioritize, the convener might even be aware that the nation will not make it but choose to go on just to achieve an agenda, because I wonder why Nigeria wasn't the convener or part of the convener considering her position to the
subject.
On handshake, she might think it's not necessary since it's just an handshake, maybe along the line, the president's team heard of it and decide to inform him personally, then he thinks it's a nice PR for his image but the decision was late. I don't really see PMB as a habitual late comer.
God bless Nigeria
God bless her leaders
God bless me.

2 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by ArodewilliamsT: 3:57am On Sep 29, 2015
After 2 months she will get another top job in international diplomacy buhari can then send his one of his demented mallams to go fight for palestinian freedom in UN. cheesy

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 29, 2015
wytecat:
I wouldn't!

There's no point explaining anything away, there's enough of that on this very thread and if you don't get it by now, you will never get it!
It's SABOTAGE, and I saw it coming and even said it on another thread before this one was created.

I study people and follow patterns. If it looks, walks and quacks like it, it is a duck. Ibos will do anything to destroy this government if given the opportunity.

I tried to reason where you are pointing towards only to see that you wrote because of your hate for the Ibos. There's nothing to take serious with you anymore.

If Buhari has balls, let him sack the woman. If he doesn't sack the woman, just as we know he is a tribalist, he either lack balls or the woman did her job.

I can't heal you of your hate for the Ibos but pray you die with it to get your proper rewards.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by DaBullIT(m): 4:22am On Sep 29, 2015
wait n see
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by luvmijeje(f): 4:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Heads must roll........... Everyone that makes up the the team must be sack with immediate effect if indeed we have a President.

No professional can be that incompent...... They were obviously paid to sabotage the President's itinerary. EFCC must investigate everyone involves in this show of Shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 29, 2015
wytecat:
I wouldn't!

Enough of your ethnic bigotry. For your information, I'm Igbo and a classic Buhari supporter and I believe firmly in one Nigeria. Mrs. Ogwu was at various times DG NIIA, Foreign Minister and accomplished diplomat. If she wanted to sabotage the country, she would have done so long ago. Because some people don't share your political opinion doesn't make them bad. It's the likes of you that are creating a fuss where non exists.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by MayorofLagos(m): 4:42am On Sep 29, 2015
dustmalik:

Who pays her salary?
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Israel5(m): 5:20am On Sep 29, 2015
I like ths position. This one no be civil servant but civil master o
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 29, 2015
I thought buhari's body language puts everything in place? What does he need ogwu for?

Besides, Buhari can ask for her sack which would be looked into and investigated by the UN and if it becomes necessary to sack her, she'll be sacked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by McKren(m): 5:30am On Sep 29, 2015
Can we stop scape goating this lady for Buhari's incompetence?

12 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:40am On Sep 29, 2015
talktimi:
daft city bingo. You have been noticed, oya gwan eat shít

Oya Aresa, over to you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by effrebor(m): 6:35am On Sep 29, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Kingspin(m): 6:42am On Sep 29, 2015
APC in US doing what Boko haram know how to do best "brainwashing" imagine the Op nonsense. No time for child talks anyway.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 29, 2015
JudismphD:

Islamic APC people calling for the sack of the Biafran. These Yoruba slaves never get tired.

18 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by melzabull(f): 6:58am On Sep 29, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

[s]Wasn't expecting anything sane and intelligent from a biafra village clown like you so stop trying to impress me[/s]...
daft cvnt.

so anyone who points out your st√pidity is Biafra? you are an irredeemably foolish yorubaboon

24 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Win In Owerri West Re-run, Others Inconclusive / Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate / Uche Ogah: Private Jets Used For Gold Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.