Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? (3487 Views)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (mon Oct 5th 2015) - Sceptre Of His Power / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 / Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by kayo80(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Everytime something bad happens, people say- 'It is the devil' and stuff like that. So, my question is...Where does the devil get his power from? Where does he get the power to do all those bad things that keep happening every day in the world?
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by eightsin(m): 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Question for who?

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by podosci(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
Questions for the Gods

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
eightsin:
Question for who?
...for the gods cool
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Pr0ton: 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
If all powers in heaven and on earth belong to Jesus (God), then from whence does the Devil get his powers from... yh, Jesus (God) But this is a basic fact in bible fairytales.

3 Likes

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by johnydon22(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
lmao... Lets Wait and see the answers then

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by kayo80(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
I am still waiting for answers o! Someone above said that God/Jesus has all the power, so does it mean that Jesus/God loans the Devil some power to torment us on earth? Hmm!
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by TalentedMedia: 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
according to my understanding satan was an angel b4 God reject him because of his pride nd i tink d power with him then still remains !!!!!
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by kayo80(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
TalentedMedia:
according to my understanding satan was an angel b4 God reject him because of his pride nd i tink d power with him then still remains !!!!!

Still remains? Hmm! And was he the only angel? Why is he so powerful?
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by TalentedMedia: 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
kayo80:

Still remains? Hmm! And was he the only angel? Why is he so powerful?

remember according to d bible he was d head of d angels nd as d head he wuld be more powerful dan d rest
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by menesheh(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
Devil is a police man (policing arm of God's government) that punish human that refuse to obey his totalitarian regime (north Korea regime).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by johnydon22(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
TalentedMedia:

remember according to d bible he was d head of d angels nd as d head he wuld be more powerful dan d rest

so which literally means he is using god's power then?
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by kayo80(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
TalentedMedia:

Hmm!
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
shaitan is powerless
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Pr0ton: 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
kayo80:
I am still waiting for answers o! Someone above said that God/Jesus has all the power, so does it mean that Jesus/God loans the Devil some power to torment us on earth? Hmm!

We learn from the fairytale too that God created the Devil, hence the source of his powers. And also, since God sees the future and could see the future he definitely knew the Devil would end up misusing the power...which means he deliberately gave him the powers for evil.

4 Likes

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Pr0ton: 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
TalentedMedia:

The position he had didn't remain, did it?

His powers too shouldn't remain, except God intentionally let it to be so to carry out his (devil) evil deeds.
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by kayo80(m): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pr0ton:

We learn from the fairytale too that God created the Devil, hence the source of his powers. And also, since God sees the future and could see the future he definitely knew the Devil would end up misusing the power...which means he deliberately gave him the powers for evil.

Hmm! But can't he take his power away from the Devil. I mean, since he is 'God' he should be able to do that, and save us all the hardship that 'the devil' causes on earth. Don't you think?
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by johnydon22(m): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
kayo80:

Hmm! But can't he take his power away from the Devil. I mean, since he is 'God' he should be able to do that, and save us all the hardship that 'the devil' causes on earth. Don't you think?

Exactly, if that happens there will be no need for the god and devil rivalry fables.... So you see?.leaving the power was very vital smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by TalentedMedia: 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pr0ton:

The position he had didn't remain, did it?

His powers too shouldn't remain, except God intentionally let it to be so to carry out his (devil) evil deeds.

dnt u knw dat God purposely Left satan with his power in order to torment d sinful ones!!!!
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by urheme: 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
menesheh:
Devil is a police man (policing arm of God's government) that punish human that refuse to obey his totalitarian regime (north Korea regime).

grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by menesheh(m): 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by TalentedMedia: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
johnydon22:

so which literally means he is using god's power then?

mind u it God not god at least respect him with dat,back to business wen i say God left him with his power i do not mean all his power at d same time he uses Gods Power
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by kayo80(m): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
johnydon22:

Exactly, if that happens there will be no need for the god and devil rivalry fables.... So you see?.leaving the power was very vital smiley

Ooo! Now I get it. grin
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Pr0ton: 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
kayo80:

Yh. But stuff like this makes sense when we come to conclude they are man-made. If there were a God he wouldn't behave in such senseless and childish way. There is no God, at least you're sure of the Christians' now.

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Pr0ton: 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
TalentedMedia:

dnt u knw dat God purposely Left satan with his power in order to torment d sinful ones!!!!

Let's begin with the sinful ones... who caused the "sinful ones" to be sinful in the first place?
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by kayo80(m): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pr0ton:

Yh. But stuff like this makes sense when we come to conclude they are man-made. If there were a God he wouldn't behave in such senseless and childish way. There is no God, at least you're sure of the Christians' now.

True.

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Barnabaseloka(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
1. The Devil gets his power to hurt people from SIN.
2. Anyone who has not believed in Christ is under the power of sin, and thus, devil has power over the person.
3. The devil has no power over anyone that believes in Jesus and lives his/her life as it pleases God, 4. Devil only has power over such believer when he/she sins against God and does not immediately ask for forgiveness from God. and forsake such sins.
5. Devil can also have access to the life of one who does the will of God but with permission from God. In this case, the devil will be given restrictions to the life of such a believer. This is a testing period for such a believer.
6. Know that in this world, there is time for everything. Good things and bad things will always come to anyone living on earth, with the bad, not being necessarily the devil's work.
7. God is in control of anything that happens on earth. But to believers, God has promised us 'victory' in every of these bad things.
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Pr0ton: 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Really? grin He prevented Adam and Eve from sinning, right? cool

2. Anyone who has not believed in Christ is under the power of sin, and thus, devil has power over the person.

Are you saying the devil was thrown out of heaven for this purpose, dominating over the sinful ones? Was that what he was destinied to do in the beginning?

3. The devil has no power over anyone that believes in Jesus and lives his/her life as it pleases God

If the devil is designated as the ruler of the world, how can anyone who's in the world be out of his power? cheesy

4. Devil only has power over such believer when he/she sins against God and does not immediately ask for forgiveness from God. and forsake such sins.

FrancisTony has been sinning. I see nothing supernatural conflicting with his life, only natural occurrences...like being turned down by every girl he proposes to tongue

5. Devil can also have access to the life of one who does the will of God but with permission from God. In this case, the devil will be given restrictions to the life of such a believer. This is a testing period for such a believer.

Seriously... Why should an ALL-KNOWING God test you to know your capability?

6. Know that in this world, there is time for everything. Good things and bad things will always come to anyone living on earth, with the bad, not being necessarily the devil's work.

So that there's no apparent difference between skeptics and believers.

7. God is in control of anything that happens on earth. But to believers, God has promised us 'victory' in every of these bad things.

We've been waiting for centuries bro!
Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by cold(m): 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
3. The devil has no power over anyone that believes in Jesus and lives his/her life as it pleases God, 4. Devil only has power over such believer when he/she sins against God and does not immediately ask for forgiveness from God. and forsake such sins.
From whence does the devil get his powers? And you go on an endless rant that does not even touch the question.
@op, god and the devil are two sides of a coin. One can't function without the other. Take the story of Job for example, they both polled their strengths together to make his life a living hell. This is exactly how it is played out on a regular. Without the devil how would the churches flourish? How would those tithes stack up? How would those private jets become airborne? Of course god needs the devil to play the fall guy,8the bahdt guy even though we all know god is the real evil mastermind (Isaiah 45-7) so the mentally enslaved can remain whipped into line. After all said and done,they both retire to their haven,high five each other,laugh heartily over a few drinks of the holy spirit of course and discuss the day's activities...sigh this has got to be the best tag team in history of mankind.

4 Likes

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by johnydon22(m): 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
TalentedMedia:

mind u it God not god at least respect him with dat,
Spelling dog as Dog changes nothing in the simple noun, so how ever you like spelling it is your business not mine... After all I don't get what you mean by respecting a concept with capital letters.

back to business wen i say God left him with his power i do not mean all his power at d same time he uses Gods Power
god left him with his powers which he god gave him in the first place... So all the powers he is using now is still god's power.

So devil's power is synonymous to god's power... Its very clear.

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
TalentedMedia:

That means the devil is just god's employee.. he is working for god. so why all the fuse about satan then since everything he is doing is exactly what god want him to do..?

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? by Pr0ton: 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Spelling dog as Dog changes nothing in the simple noun, so how ever you like spelling it is your business not mine... After all I don't get what you mean by respecting a concept with capital letters.

As in, people still get mad at the spelling of god cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attending University Is Lack Of Faith Says Jehovah's Witnesses Gov Body / Holy Communion In A Dream / Atheism Is A Stupid Choice That Carries Eternal Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.