Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,767 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Agriculture: My View, My Advice. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture: My View, My Advice. (830 Views)

Agriculture My Hubby(exclusively Babe)redb / Anambra: Changing The Narrative Through Agriculture - Video / How To Apply For CBN Agriculture LOAN 2016 (NO COLLATERAL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by kollymore1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
As a professional in the field of Agriculture, I've been a silent member of this forum since January 2015 taking my time to read virtually what is being posted here by different writers.
Some good and truthful while some are worse than lies.

Agriculture, like any other legitimate business is a worthwhile venture given that who ever is into it is willing and ready to follow the required GAP (good agricultural practices)
The basic truth is that there is no magic in it neither is it a get rich quick avenue.
Whatever you plough into is what determines what comes out to you.

I once met a guy who said one can make millions within few months and I laughed.
Of course it is possible but are we ready to pay the price?
Most times they tell us what we want to hear and not what we must hear to succeed in this line as a profession.

If you must succeed in agriculture, you must be ready to pay the price; learn, be mentored, spend morning, follow instruction and pay attention to details. Then the God of increase will smile and crown your efforts.

Keep a date with me, let's grow together.
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by Ademat7(m): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2015
kollymore1:
As a professional in the field of Agriculture, I've been a silent member of this forum since January 2015 taking my time to read virtually what is being posted here by different writers.

Agriculture, like any other legitimate business is a worthwhile venture given that who ever is into it is willing and ready to follow the required GAP (good agricultural practices)
The basic truth is that there is no magic in it neither is it a get rich quick avenue.

I once met a guy who said one can make millions within few months and I laughed.
Most times they tell us what we want to hear and not what we must hear to succeed in this line as a profession.

If you must succeed in agriculture, you must be ready to pay the price; learn, be mentored, spend morning, follow instruction and pay attention to details. Then the God of increase will smile and crown your efforts.

ok welcome,awaiting your input
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
Am very happy for this thread. People like hearing success story in agriculture, not paying attention to details of odds and hurdles. Thanks for writting this @ OP.
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by dav8id(m): 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
kollymore1:

If you must succeed in agriculture, you must be ready to pay the price; learn, be mentored, spend money, follow instruction and pay attention to details. Then the God of increase will smile and crown your efforts.

@BOLD said it alll.many are not ready for the above in bold, they always think is something they can just call you on phone and grab what they want to hear and then make the money.

If i should add to what you said then i will say "TRUST" be ready to work with the "CHANNEL OF DISTRIBUTION IN AGRICULTURE".

One can never ever succed in agro business without puting in place what @op highlighted and i put it bold above , Or skip the channel of production in agro business.

keep it up @op.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
agriculture need monitoring and one should be ready to pay the price.
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by agricentral(m): 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
Johnnyessence:
agriculture need monitoring and one should be ready to pay the price.

Absolutely.
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by Andy04: 3:43am On Jun 16, 2015
Reliable network is also very important when it comes to marketing(sales). @OP Nice hints.
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by kollymore1(m): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
If you sow sparingly you will reap sparingly; your level of involvement in agriculture will determine your returns therefore, if you want to do well in this sector invest your resources but be wise in doing do.
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by kollymore1(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Just like venturing into any ideal business, Agriculture requires highest level of skills and up to date information.

If you want to rely on the practices of yesteryear you should be expecting the yield of yesteryears.

If you must move forward then you must look forward

We can actually grow together.

.. GIG AGRI-VILLAGE, Ibadan.
Re: Agriculture: My View, My Advice. by kollymore1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
Don't be discouraged by your experience(s) in the field; all you need is a little perseverance and information.

(1) (Reply)

Soybean Processing Equipment For Making Soybean Sprout/tofu/ Soymilk/soyoil / Quails Needed In Kaduna. / Nigeria Farmers Forum With Ifserar - Funaab Presents Honey Production Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.