Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

The Difference Between Trials And Temptations - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Trials And Temptations (18940 Views)

Disciplining A Christian Child: The Difference Between Discipline And Punishment / 10 Bible Verses To Read On OVERCOMING TRIALS / Are This Even Temptations?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by Owoplenty(m): 8:16am On Jul 31, 2016
The original writers used peirasmos, and the translators splitted the word, in that case the intentions of the former weren't properly represented
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by EkeneElectrons(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2016
Satan tempted Jesus
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by amclimax(m): 8:19am On Jul 31, 2016
after reading this to smoke more is all i care.... why test me when you know am not perfect.... just like checking yourself every three months for HIV... you go see wetin you dey find.... so tempt me or test if I like the sin i go enjoy am so tey the devil go fear...
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by EkeneElectrons(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2016
God doesn't try humans.

Satan is the ruler of this world now so he trying and tempting every one.
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by EkeneElectrons(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2016
amclimax:
after reading this to smoke more is all i care.... why test me when you know am not perfect.... just like checking yourself every three months for HIV... you go see wetin you dey find.... so tempt me or test if I like the sin i go enjoy am so tey the devil go fear...

Satan is the one tempting and trying humans not God
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by amclimax(m): 8:37am On Jul 31, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

Satan is the one tempting and trying humans not God
from my knowledge all power's belong to GOD...and it's what he allows that will come to pass..
if you mind i can share my last weed with you as we try to know more about GOD.... puff puff pass bro
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by Chuksdthird(m): 9:07am On Jul 31, 2016
Spiritually enriching, please @ the OP. are these your personal write-up. If not, I would like to read more of it from the source. Peace and good tidings to you...
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by christinnah(f): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2016
God bless!!! love this.
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2016
On point op
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by mediaspy: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
I thought you are interlingent? Read the op very well: There is a difference between a trial and a temptation, although both come from the same Greek word peirasmos. They are often used INTERCHANGEABLE though. After all, temptation is a trial (of faith), and every trial is a temptation (to
grumble). When the word appears in the New Testament the CONTEXT helps us to see which interpretation is meant.
The difference between trial and temptation is. temptation: "Do this
pleasant thing and do not let yourself be hindered by the fact that it is wrong," whereas trial says, "Do this good and
noble thing, and do not let yourself be hindered by the fact that it is painful".

Bless you....this discussion is rich, proud of u guys
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by EkeneElectrons(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
amclimax:

from my knowledge all power's belong to GOD...and it's what he allows that will come to pass..
if you mind i can share my last weed with you as we try to know more about GOD.... puff puff pass bro

lol... mad man
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by AdeniyiA(m): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
Temptation is trial misused, abused or mishandled.
Consider this analogy, a student's knowledge is being tested through examination(trial) in order to qualify for promotion (spiritual uplifting),since there's always a price for every rise. If the student decides to listen to the devil who SHALL advice(tempt) him to join others to get involved in examination malpractices,then we can therefore say that the examination (trial) was meant to promote him, while the malpractice (temptation) was meant to destroy him.
The obedience and submissiveness of Adam and Eve were tested/tried by banning them from a particular fruit for blessing ,but were tempted to disobey to destruction.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by God2man(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
Interesting.
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by malvisguy212: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
mediaspy:

Bless you....this discussion is rich, proud of u guys
bless the name of jesus. Thank you.
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by Montaque(m): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
The situations that comes to tempt/try a christian are similar in nature. But the difference lies in this;
To God, it is trial
To satan, it is temptation.
God is watching you to succeed and triumph, the devil is expecting you to give up.
See it Gods way, and you will rather count it all joy and glorify God that you are found worthy to be tried.
Happy sunday all
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by Princewell2012(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
emmabest2000:

Job case nko
Dude, Satan tempted Job, and not God.
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by jechona(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thank you.
Re: The Difference Between Trials And Temptations by femi4: 5:55am On Aug 01, 2016
Trial promotes, temptation destroy.... Lobatan!
Next topic.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Plants 3000 Rural Churches / Which Church Do You Attend? / Man Prays In Tongues To Chase Away Wild Dogs (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.