Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. (21741 Views)

How To Reply When Interviewers Ask About Your Previous Salary / 4 Funny Ways To Impress Interviewers At Any Interview And Get The Job / 5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by shutupareyouGOD: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
I had always wondered why some interviewers ask the where did you hear about this job question until an experienced HR person told me the truth.
He said they asked to know if you heard about the job through a staff of the company i.e referral basis and how strong the referral is. This atimes guarantees you the job. So if you know a staff of any company you are going for an interview do state the person and not say the usual social media or company website answer.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Histrings08(m): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Good
Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
shutupareyouGOD:
I had always wondered why some interviewers ask the where did you hear about this job question until an experienced HR person told me the truth.
He said they asked to know if you heard about the job through a staff of the company i.e referral basis and how strong the referral is. This atimes guarantees you the job. So if you know a staff of any company you are going for an interview do state the person and not say the usual social media or company website answer.

101% wrong...

HR professionals go through hell trying to recruit the right fit for their company, now, they go through various means to find the fit, the idea is to use the most effective method to reach the best candidate. At the end of the process, they spool the number of people that got the job or where the right fit or shortlisted and the method they got through..

This informs them and help them concentrate on these channels in subsequent recruitmemt.

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by shutupareyouGOD: 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
rychard:

101% wrong...

HR professionals go through hell trying to recruit the right fit for their company, now, they go through various means to find the fit, the idea is to use the most effective method to reach the best candidate. At the end of the process, they spool the number of people that got the job or where the right fit or shortlisted and the method they got through..

This informs them and help them concentrate on these channels in subsequent recruitment.
not nigerian recruiters....im am mainly talking of unadvertised jobs that get leaked to the public. Do not be deceived. A subsidiary of NNPC just concluded underground recruitment and do you think this question in this context would mean what you said....when they didnt publish the vacancy.

22 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by saintdennis(m): 4:34am On Feb 23, 2017
shutupareyouGOD:
not nigerian recruiters....im am mainly talking of unadvertised jobs that get leaked to the public. Do not be deceived. A subsidiary of NNPC just concluded underground recruitment and do you think this question in this context would mean what you said....when they didnt publish the vacancy.

You're "A" smart...

It's mainly asked at interviews for jobs that weren't Advertised sha, i'm a witness
grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 23, 2017

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by simplemach(m): 7:18am On Feb 23, 2017
Maybe some of them want to know how linked you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by HRich(m): 7:18am On Feb 23, 2017
Try this today 3J7M6NF

11 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by ennysuccess(m): 7:20am On Feb 23, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Dandsome: 7:21am On Feb 23, 2017
Chai... Nawao

shutupareyouGOD:

What if you are indirectly putting the "whistle blower" in trouble?

9 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Odunharry(m): 7:21am On Feb 23, 2017
Hmmm.. NOTHING TO SAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by littlewonders: 7:23am On Feb 23, 2017
Nigeria! Always looking for ways to justify their fiendishness.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Edubestconsult: 7:24am On Feb 23, 2017
Big FAT lie!

N:B- I am an HR Professional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by nabegibeg: 7:25am On Feb 23, 2017
And the purpose?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by nellyelitz(m): 7:27am On Feb 23, 2017
HRich:
Try this today 3J7M6NF
but too many o

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by LastSurvivor11: 7:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Joke of the year!
What if the referral is not in good terms with the recruiter?

Bros na IM sure pass..

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by femi4: 7:30am On Feb 23, 2017
rychard:

101% wrong...

This informs them and help them concentrate on these channels in subsequent recruitmemt.
You are wrong

The question is usually ask to know those with strong connection.

Few years back I didn't get a job from a coy cos of that question. Eight of us made it to the final stage and they couldn't separate us until one of them asked us

"How did you get here?"

Answers like: My brother works here, Through the Hr, bla bla etc were flowing. When it got to my turn, I said via advert ( it wasn't advertised anyway, just a random CV submission I usually do) and that was the end. Till today, they never get back to me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by skademzy(m): 7:32am On Feb 23, 2017
Wrong. I attended an interview haven been reffered by the headnof the interview team. He sent me text before it got to my turn never to mention the staff that reffered me because that's where others who came in before me got things wrong most... Best answers depends on the motive of your interviewers.

12 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 23, 2017
Edubestconsult:
Big FAT lie!

please, tell us the truth
Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 23, 2017
shutupareyouGOD:

Not true.

They simply want to know which of their marketing channels is performing so that they can properly focus their job advertising spend.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by bamasite(m): 7:37am On Feb 23, 2017
OK ooo
Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by pradof(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2017
You need to understand the op.

Try and read again

rychard:

101% wrong...

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Adebanjids1(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2017
Edubestconsult:
Big FAT lie!

Ummmm won leyin spilt fire, iran yin ni python
Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by napoleon77(m): 7:42am On Feb 23, 2017
shutupareyouGOD:

Your can't use the exception as the rule. The main reason why the question is asked is to be sure which of their recruitment channels is providing the best value. And YES Nigerian recruiters actually want to know which of their channels provides the best value.

rychard:

101% wrong...

I strongly agree with you.

Note that internal referrals is also a recruitment channel

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by Blurryface(m): 7:42am On Feb 23, 2017
I don comot from labor market since 2005, so this one no 'consign' me.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2017
Meanwhile....

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by CriticMaestro: 7:43am On Feb 23, 2017
femi4:
You are wrong

The question is usually ask to know those with strong connection.

Few years back I didn't get a job from a coy cos of that question. Eight of us made it to the final stage and they couldn't separate us until one of them asked us

"How did you get here?"

Answers like: My brother works here, Through the Hr, bla bla etc were flowing. When it got to my turn, I said via advert ( it wasn't advertised anyway, just a random CV submission I usually do) and that was the end. Till today, they never get back to me.
You are very wrong my friend, I dont blame u, I blame the illiterate mod that pushed this to fp to deceive people, any company's HR is responsible in knowing its strength and weakness in all departments of an organization, the reason why they act such question is to strengthen the channel the feel is targetting the required candidates the need in their organization..please dont do that again
Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by VitaminB12(m): 7:45am On Feb 23, 2017
HRich:
Try this today 3J7M6NF
is this Victor Ikpeba?
Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by coolcharm(m): 7:47am On Feb 23, 2017
I don't even know what the argument is all about.

It depends on what the interviewer(s) want to do with the question.

It could either be for or against you.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. by bsideboii(m): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2017
HRich:
Try this today 3J7M6NF
lol..which booking house?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2024 (NNBTS BATCH 36) / Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / Unilever Field Sales Officer Assessment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.