Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ (30922 Views)

Buhari Appoints Health Agencies Director-Generals / Buhari Should Retire All Generals / Buhari Should Retire All Generals – Corporal Lawal Ahmed Of 115 Battalion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by obailala(m): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Now this story just makes me remember the GEJ days. If this interview was reported a year ago, hundreds of GEJ worshippers would have insanely jumped into defensive calling the soldier all sorts of names for lying against his country. These paranoid trolls always felt everything was about GEJ and that everyone was out to attack GEJ's presidency.

Thank God we are past that era, at least now we can have our brothers thinking like humans again.

4 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by obailala(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
He may be saying these because he was denied the chance to represent his constituency in Katsina state house of assembly.

His action and those of the army are embarrassing to the country.
Barcanista now I know you are a bastard!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by acorntree(m): 10:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Potus1:
Soldiers who are in the North East are being paid 1,000 per day, can you believe that. Well,my gratuity after serving the NA for 15 years was 671,000. Kai...when I saw the alert I just smiled because it was expected. I'm glad I left.

#1000 per day for soldiers in warfront!! #671000 gratuilty after serving for 15yr . Surely Nigeria is a failed state?

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by acorntree(m): 10:14am On Jun 14, 2015
obailala:
Now this story just makes me remember the GEJ days. If this interview was reported a year ago, hundreds of GEJ worshippers would have insanely jumped into defensive calling the soldier all sorts of names for lying against his country. These paranoid trolls always felt everything was about GEJ and that everyone was out to attack GEJ's presidency.

Thank God we are past that era, at least now we can have our brothers thinking like humans again.

People failed to realise that Nigeria problems was not caused by Gej.Every sectors of Nigeria economy have crashed. Everyone is an icon of corruption.Greediness, nepotism, tribalism are our major problem. I'm still waiting to see miracle PMB is going to perform on this entity called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Felaak47(m): 10:17am On Jun 14, 2015
the eyes that cries still see.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by easymanofdpeopl(m): 10:21am On Jun 14, 2015
U see now that the amnesty international report is true.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by bababuff(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2015
2chainzz:
NDA termer 1 allowee is not upto that amount even the termer 5 receive less than the amount he called, the only arm of service that receive upto to that is Navy and that's because in termer 5 they are already midshipmen

So they collect how much?
55k? Even if they collect 30k, they still have free accommodation, feeding, uniform etc.

Yet we pay NYSC guys 19k.

The system is unfair to the junior ranks

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by darlenese(f): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
are you this intellectually lazy cry

Yeah i am ! cry For post like this cry cry cry
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by jamace(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2015
The soldier has said the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Like civilians, like soldiers. The whole system is corrupt!

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by neocortex: 10:35am On Jun 14, 2015
dayo23:
my brother, it very shameful! GEJ administration was a total Failure

Robot alert!
I hope you can sleep at night because of GEJ.
What exactly did he collected from you ?

If you direct your extreme hatred for GEJ into a positive energy your life will be hugely improved.

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by wirinet(m): 10:50am On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
Wasn't he aware of what he was signing up to when he was joining the army? If unsatisfied why not stick to the legal channel to complain? How can a corporal "advice" the C-n-C to fire his bosses? Is that part of his job? I don't subscribe to inhuman treatment but I don't think his action is appropriate.

Did you read the whole article or you just rushed through it? He said up till today he had not been shown his terms of employment. What lega; channel are you talking about? Take the Nigerian Army to court? He had obviously exhusted all available channels available to a soldier before deciding to go AWOL. Do you know how many Nigerian soldiers have gone AWOL because of the rot in the Nigerian Army, i am sure the number will shock you.

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by wirinet(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2015
Gentlesniper:
Ok, Noted! But Mr soldier man, know that what you just did is against the ethics of your profession.....and hope you are ready to dance to the tune of the music you are playing....goodluck though.

Dance to the tune of the music he is playing? Can you threaten a would be suicide bomber with the death penalty? This soldier said he is ready to die. He has been AWOL for months, so obviously he does not value the profession anymore.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2015
bababuff:

So they collect how much?
55k? Even if they collect 30k, they still have free accommodation, feeding, uniform etc.

Yet we pay NYSC guys 19k.

The system is unfair to the junior ranks
You can still apply, no one is stopping you
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Pyroxene: 11:14am On Jun 14, 2015
This man is Super brave to be able to speak up. Let us on the social media ensure his safety by always asking of his well being. His actions might stirr up some hate from his OGAs at the Top and some sheepish small boys in the army.. It is disheartening to know that when they die their family is abandoned..... God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by holyokoto(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2015
2chainzz:
NDA termer 1 allowee is not upto that amount even the termer 5 receive less than the amount he called, the only arm of service that receive upto to that is Navy and that's because in termer 5 they are already midshipmen

Bro, I work in NDA

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by debeginin(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2015
After1one:
This is serious. Those generals are crooks, they should be retired asap. No wonder the pot belly one cant march well. Lolzzz. That country is messed up.
My broda I live jst outside d barracks(Maxwell Khobe cantonment),U need to see how biggggg these generals are living. It's a pity.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by sunshine1974(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2015
Dis guy has said it all.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by dajeb(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2015
So sad.... Pls all efforts must be made to get this to the papers
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2015
holyokoto:

Bro, I work in NDA
And am a cadet

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Gbigbonnew: 11:24am On Jun 14, 2015
One of the things I do not like especially for the sake of our unity is exactly what corporal Lawal did. When he referred to major H M Sabo in his response, he did not say any other thing afterwards but as soon as he mentioned S. A. Songonuga, he .complemented it by saying "a yoruba ". What is he trying to insinuate?

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by OgaMosco(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2015
This guy just hit the nail on the head, I can never in my life advice anybody to join the Nigeria Army, especially from the recruit. They are more or less modern slaves, no promotion, they have no rights, I do feel for them.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Tomjazzy2: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2015
darlenese:

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Pyroxene: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
He may be saying these because he was denied the chance to represent his constituency in Katsina state house of assembly.

His action and those of the army are embarrassing to the country.
Regardless of his reason for saying this, if they can be proved then we should attend to the weightier matter and not his barricaded political ambition which to me is the lighter matter.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Tomjazzy2: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2015
darlenese:

Assuming you weren't in issues such as this, you should have just passed like I always do

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Tomjazzy2: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2015
2chainzz:
And am a cadet
and I am a General, so both of you should drop it tongue
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by SilvanusII(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2015
Wait!!! I really hope his reference to the mistaken attack on their ppl carrying relief materials for them is not the synonymous with the much publicised attack on a purported Boko Haram Supplies Team because if it is, Nigerian Army spokespeople have scammed Nigerians biggerly.
On another note, I really do wish more disgruntled elements would air their grievances. BTW, if its any consolation Oga Lawal Ahmed, I don't think you would have won any seat. And my honest opinion of you - a struggler between fairness and money-lover. You will have no qualms discarding fairness for money tho
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Crieff(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2015
barcanista:
Wasn't he aware of what he was signing up to when he was joining the army? If unsatisfied why not stick to the legal channel to complain? How can a corporal "advice" the C-n-C to fire his bosses? Is that part of his job? I don't subscribe to inhuman treatment but I don't think his action is appropriate.

What is written up there or said during the interview is protected under his fundamental right of expression.

Knowing the type of country we live in, full, truthful disclosure is unknown to institutions such as the NA. In contrast, the Norway apology for the sale of military vessels to ND militants comes to mind.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Kajiang02(m): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2015
omenka:
Goodness!!!shockedshocked

Would this ever get to the President's desk??

Imagine the outrage! cry

Is the president not aware of this system? He's been in it his entire life. Or do we say it became worse after he left?
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Gentlesniper:
Ok, Noted! But Mr soldier man, know that what you just did is against the ethics of your profession.....and hope you are ready to dance to the tune of the music you are playing....goodluck though.
but atleast he would be saving other guys in d army suffering like he did, tho I doubt if PMB can do much abt it bt atleast he shud start 4rm retiring dose pot belly so called generals. One tin I knw 4 sure is that in d nigerian millitary, if u dnt av a god father, then u r a gonner, I read in one of ur posts where u said u wud be a capt before u turn 28, how is that possible if not for ur oga @ d top.

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by sam13(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
dayo23:
my brother, it very shameful! GEJ administration was a total Failure

This really show the extent at which the corruption in GEJ government did gone to.I vividly see why the insurgency is yet to be end as many atrocities were committed during his tenure. All sectors were corrupted even the respected Nigerian army at least there was no check put in place EFCC and ICPC were all slumbered GEJ there is God watching you
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by mileskiyo(m): 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
makzeze:
The article is too long to read

I want to sell this space. 500 recharge card only.

Makzeze, this ain't funny man. Show some restraint please...

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Cityguy: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
The president should reverse the death sentence on the mutinous soldiers, discharge them, investigate and appropriately punish (including demoting) senoir officers involved in suffering these innocent footmen of the force. You can't talk of discipline without justice, fairness and equity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West / 2018 PDP Governorship Rally In Osun State (Photos) / Ganduje: BBC Pidgin Makes Jest Of EFCC, Nigeria's Anti Corruption Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.