Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ (30921 Views)

Buhari Appoints Health Agencies Director-Generals / Buhari Should Retire All Generals / Buhari Should Retire All Generals – Corporal Lawal Ahmed Of 115 Battalion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by limolalikamaila: 8:07am On Jun 14, 2015
yeah if possible cus 98.8 percent of them are as useless as a pope pen.is
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by driand(m): 8:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by darlenese(f): 8:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Can't read
Someone pls summarise
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2015
I thought any government worker of all kind (civilian or military) aren't allowed to give public interviews.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by hucienda: 8:09am On Jun 14, 2015
midolian:
If President Buhari will take my advice, let him look for a very capable Lieutenant Colonel and appoint Chief of Army Staff. Afterall, Gowon, I think, became Chief of Army Staff as Lt. Colonel. Several officers- Usman Katsina, Obasanjo, Benjamin Adekunle and others- were GOCS as Lt. Colonels and performed excellently well. What rank was Ojukwu when he led Biafra to war? Most of the Generals we have today have so politicized the military that there is little room for professionalism. They are businessmen and want to compete with the Dangotes and Ibrus. Let Buhari begin by flushing them out.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-buhari-should-retire-all-generals-/211952/

Cc: Lalasticlala, ishilove, obinoscopy

hmmm... guess the reason was they were in their youth.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by holyokoto(m): 8:09am On Jun 14, 2015
I have a friend Private Anthony Sunday, who was killed in Bama 23rd of August 2014. He survived by wife and a kid. Up till Today the Family are stranded and are trying to erase everything about him

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by myklangelo(m): 8:09am On Jun 14, 2015
Because they denied you political wealth...you for go AWOL na abi a psn force u enta?
A case of Paul akowaro m ihe a ofuma.

I don't disappoint, the 2nd Igbo language weekend tutorial is out in my blog. It is educative in a new way. Visit my blog.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by juman(m): 8:10am On Jun 14, 2015
Many times one would thinks this destroyed country can never be a better and sensible country.
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by iamkklef: 8:12am On Jun 14, 2015
hmmmm.....dis is serious....
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by olasmith10(m): 8:14am On Jun 14, 2015
No wonder their aggression is bn transferred to d civilians at d slightest provocation...

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 14, 2015
Termer 1 in NDA doesn't collect up to that

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by NJPot(m): 8:19am On Jun 14, 2015
i said it
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by klax(m): 8:20am On Jun 14, 2015
ThIs guy has just said the truth honestly if you belong to his level in army it's a sour experience I know what he is saying These guys in lower ranking suffers a lot it's so shameful.

I pray they do not kill him for saying all these honestly because now they will be very upset with him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by juman(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2015
Now, we have a new Commander-In-Chief, who happens to be from Katsina, your home state. Since Buhari took office, Boko Haram appear to have stepped up its activities. What is your recipe for ending insurgency in Nigeria?

My advice to Mr. President is to retire all officers from the rank of Brigadier General. They have no use in Nigerian Army, because all of them have been feeding fat from the insurgency and it won’t be in their best interest to end it. If President Buhari will take my advice, let him look for a very capable Lieutenant Colonel and appoint Chief of Army Staff. Afterall, Gowon, I think, became Chief of Army Staff as Lt. Colonel. Several officers- Usman Katsina, Obasanjo, Benjamin Adekunle and others- were GOCS as Lt. Colonels and performed excellently well. What rank was Ojukwu when he led Biafra to war? Most of the Generals we have today have so politicized the military that there is little room for professionalism. They are businessmen and want to compete with the Dangotes and Ibrus. Let Buhari begin by flushing them out.

@ the part bolded.
Some of those men the guy mentioned are the ones that reduced the level of indiscipline in the country that affect the army and all other facet of lifes and make the country became destroyed.

This country was ruled and ruined for more than 35 years by the military generals.

- johnson aguiyi-ironsi ruled from: 16 January 1966 – 19 July 1966.

- yakubu gowon ruled from: 1 August 1966 – 29 July 1975.

- murtala mohammed ruled from: July 30, 1975 – February 13, 1976.

- olusegun obasanjo ruled from: 13 February 1976 – 30 September 1979.
- olusegun obasanjo ruled from: 29 May 1999 – 29 May 2007.

- muhammadu buhari ruled from: 31 December 1983 – 27 August 1985.

- ibrahim babangida ruled from: 27 August 1985 – 27 August 1993.

- sani abacha ruled from: 17 November 1993 – 8 June 1998.

- abdulsalami abubakar ruled from: 9 June 1998 – 29 May 1999.

Those are the military generals that were trained to die for their country, but instead they ruined the same country. The country that gave them everything they have.

Those people that deliberately ruined this country, the country that is blessed by God with every resources. Those people forgets that one day they will surely meet their God.

It appears that this country's people would be better off if the country is divided. A country that has less than 4k MW in 54 years.

6 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by bezimo(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2015
I can concur with what the soldier has revealed. The Nigerian Army is one of the most corrupt and oppressive organisation on earth.I knew of this before but its most unfortunate that things may never improve. The corruption in the army is worse than anywhere in Nigeria.The Generals oppress the rank and file and junior officers and loot their allowance without restraint. It was revealed to me by a friend who was involved in the battle against the Insurgents in the North east, that one of the major reason the war against Boko haram has lingered is because the Army leadership at the war front is feeding fat on the allowance of the soldiers involved in the war, as well as financial and material resources released for the war, so there is little motivation to end the war. What a country!!!

5 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by holyokoto(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2015
2chainzz:
Termer 1 in NDA doesn't collect up to that

They do bro, He is saying the truth

4 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by olasmith10(m): 8:24am On Jun 14, 2015
its quiet unbelievable wen ur penchant for money overrides d peace, love and progress of ur nation..If the finances hs bn properly channeled, who knows, BH cld v bn a thing of d past..

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by usy309(m): 8:24am On Jun 14, 2015
This is Serious

How can we reach the path of professionalism with the rubbish...
ABEG PMB ACT SHARP SHARP!!
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Crieff(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2015
What a crying shame!

Buhari must see this!
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 14, 2015
adeyemi2015:
The Story didn't amaze me, a close friend in the Navy do complain to me about the same things!
He was so partisan during the elections and when I asked him why is he supporting Buhari? He said he believed he's coming to save them, because he was once a Soldier; and once a Soldier is always a Soldier!
Thank God, Buhari always read the National Dailies, I pray he gets a copy that contains this post!
Hope they let it get to his desk!

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 14, 2015
holyokoto:

NDA termer 1 allowee is not upto that amount even the termer 5 receive less than the amount he called, the only arm of service that receive upto to that is Navy and that's because in termer 5 they are already midshipmen

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by 9jatatafo(m): 8:31am On Jun 14, 2015
Making Nigeria a corruption-free nation will take stringent steps and time. Just every sector of the society is so corrupt. If the security arm of the nation is this corrupt, then what is left? The police, army and et al are den of corruption. The banks are not left, ministries and others are stinking with corruption and thieving.

4 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Pejapaul: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2015
You have said my mind, and I pray that GMB will come in contact with this publication

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by 9jatatafo(m): 8:33am On Jun 14, 2015
holyokoto:

You are right, NDA termer 1 collect up to the amount mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by topsco(m): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Na wa o! for this country...everywhere don decay...no wonder generals with puff puff belle everywhere u go.

1 Like

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by stuff46(m): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Can you imagine. Nigeria as a country is failed.
God!
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Nellybii: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2015
arnoldwilliamz:
I thought any government worker of all kind (civilian or military) aren't allowed to give public interviews.

Yes they aren't allowed but the guy said he is ready to die to save the military or are you also a beneficiary of boko haram?? I seriously wonder.about your negative comments here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by rightflank: 8:38am On Jun 14, 2015
#PMBMUSTSEETHIS
Re: Corporal Lawal Ahmed: ‘Buhari Should Retire All Generals’ by Gentelsoul: 8:41am On Jun 14, 2015
he might be saying all dis just bcaz he's reguest fore the house of assembly seat was turn down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West / Photos From Jimeta Police-Headquarters Yola Bomb Blast Today / Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.