Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians (1010 Views)

Restructuring: It Will Not Be Easy For The North To Give Up Its Advantages - NEF / Atiku - Nigerians Should Be Patient With Buhari, Elect Better Leaders Next Time / Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 14, 2015
The Northern Elders’ Forum has urged Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari in fulfilling his campaign promises. The forum said the President met a damaged economy that would take time to heal. Buhari, who succeeded Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, was sworn in on May 29. In an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH, the Secretary of the NEF, Professor Ango Abdullahi, said while there were high expectations from the electorate, they should also note that Buhari came into power at a time the economy was bad. He said, “There are so many challenges. Sometimes, I am sympathetic to how this country had been so run down almost to ground zero and Buhari is expected within the shortest time possible to lift it from its knees. It is not going to be easy at all. “We understand that the coffers are empty and now he has so many things that are outstanding that require funds. These funds cannot be found in our treasury and they are not in our foreign reserve. “It is a huge job, and to that extent President Buhari will need the understanding of Nigerians. Perhaps, those who understand the enormity of the problems should be able to give him a little more room to come to grips with the gigantic tasks ahead of him.” The former Vice Chancellor of the Ahmadu Bello University noted that while the potential was there, the actual means were not immediately available for Buhari to execute some of his programmes that
required immediate actions. “This is where some understanding is required. Some sympathy and understanding are required by all Nigerians. If anybody thinks that the kind challenges facing us can be overcome within a month – within a hundred days as people would say – or within the first two years of Buhari’s administration, I think he will be over optimistic,” he said. Abdullahi stated that the forum trusted Buhari’s resourcefulness and his leadership. He advised the President to block the leakages in the economy, which, he said, were caused by corruption. He said by doing so, the country would become buoyant soon, with available resources to pursue developmental programmes. The NEF scribe added, “I really sympathise with Buhari as a person, knowing how committed he is towards bringing about positive changes to Nigerian governance, economy, the security situation and others. “All these against a situation where the country’s treasury is empty both home and abroad, and against the enormous leakages that are taking place. Clearly, there are high expectations because the people of Nigeria have been more or less exhausted, virtually in every facet of their lives. “Here is Buhari coming at this point when everything is down; coming at a time when resources are virtually non-existent.” Abdullahi also said Buhari needed only persons with knowledge and competence on the particular responsibility he is assigned in his cabinet. He pointed out that the competence of such individuals must be matched with their integrity to ensure that they are “corruption-free and not corruption-prone.” According to him, these are the major attributes that will make all the difference in who will help Buhari to achieve his mandate. “Competence and integrity are very crucial and this is where Buhari stands tall. If he can lead the way and show the way, he will be able to identify such people,” Abdullahi added.

www.punchng.com/news/be-patient-with-buhari-nef-tells-nigerians/
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by Maxymilliano(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2015
No be only Patience, Nigerians should be Aisha with Buhari.

Coming from Ango Abudullahi who never see any good thing in GEJ administration, smacks of idiocy ...

14 Likes

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by eagleeye2: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2015
Just Negodu ndi idota.
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by mrvitalis(m): 10:02am On Jun 14, 2015
We hear
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by softvio(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2015
Nigerians never voted him in for patience.. We voted him cus drastic situations requires drastic measures. So he should be up and doing or else we call PATIENCE ebele Jonathan for patience 8-)
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by OdenigboAroli2: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2015
Haa haa haa hoo hoo hoo grin

See excuses upon excuses, look, let us start begging Goodluck Jonathan to pleas come back and rule this nation. This type of Buhari cluelessness is never before seen in leadership anywhere in the world.

9 Likes

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by omazus: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2015
He didn't lose because he didn't perform. He lost because he didn't belong.

OdenigboAroli2:
Haa haa haa hoo hoo hoo grin

See excuses upon excuses, look, let us start begging Goodluck Jonathan to pleas come back and rule this nation. This type of Buhari cluelessness is never before seen in leadership anywhere in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by Agwoden(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2015
Just two weeks and GEJ is already missed.
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by worthytalk: 11:56am On Jun 14, 2015
Hausa/Fulani boko haram seeking the support of their Yoruba slaves for the chief terrorist Buhari, the president elect of the zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by TheFreeOne: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
Patience...huh Did you guys gave a quarter of that to Gej govt.

Hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by natas22: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by chyzoo4u(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Okay na

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nonsense!!!
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by natas22: 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmmm time will tell but I still stick on buhari he will deliver.

www.
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by DropShot: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
There are too many deranged kids on this forum.

Listen to Prof. Soyinka just yesterday:
I believe that any incoming political leader, anybody at the head of government should be given at least a little time to develop his own rhythm. I do not think it is right to impose one’s own sense of governance rhythm on anyone. This county was not coming from ground zero. This new administration is not just getting in at ground zero, but somewhere below zero. So I think, we should just give some little time for any incoming government to find its pace, decide its own priorities.
http://www.punchng.com/feature/interview/buhari-can-go-anywhere-he-likes-but-he-must-defeat-bharam-soyinka/
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by TheFreeOne: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
DropShot:
There are too many deranged kids on this forum.

Listen to Prof. Soyinka just yesterday:
I believe that any incoming political leader, anybody at the head of government should be given at least a little time to develop his own rhythm. I do not think it is right to impose one’s own sense of governance rhythm on anyone. This county was not coming from ground zero. This new administration is not just getting in at ground zero, but somewhere below zero. So I think, we should just give some little time for any incoming government to find its pace, decide its own priorities.
http://www.punchng.com/feature/interview/buhari-can-go-anywhere-he-likes-but-he-must-defeat-bharam-soyinka/

Stop insulting others to make a point. So because he's soyinka we should all fall in line...huh

5 Likes

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by samueld0(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
NEF are the Problem of this country
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by 9jii(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by papoose999(m): 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
D old man made a promise 2 start work immediately..durn campaign his vice commisioner osinbade said d buhari admin wud bring back our girls after 3months if elected nd if its possible buhari wud personally lead d charge in borno state.so y re we hearn diff version now dat he is in power??
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by DropShot: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Stop insulting others to make a point. So because he's soyinka we should all fall in line...huh
Who have I insulted?
Only deranged kids need to feel the sting of my statement.
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by TheFreeOne: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
DropShot:

Who have I insulted?
Only deranged kids need to feel the sting of my statement.

The problem with your type is you don't don't respect other peoples opinions and neither do you know what civility means.

You do not own nairaland so learn to be civil and not be a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
From change to Patience.

Soon e go enter endurance from patience.

1 Like

Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by todayboy: 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
They should have give goodluck jonathan more time too. Buhari and excuses are siamese twins
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by samueld0(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Give him time! Give him time! Give him time!

This is how we gave OBJ time till 8yrs came and past, we gave Yaradua time till he died, GEJ. Was given 6yrs of time before he was elected out yet no positive change to show.

Nigerians! Baba Daura promised us change but yet his Gorvernment is still desame as the past past government three weeks in government no single change yet (positive or negative) building Democracy for 16yrs without any military intervention or coup but yet we are still in a stagnant position when are we going to ge it right?

Note: Buari's Eight years of ruling started on May 29th, 2015.
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by DropShot: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
TheFreeOne:

The problem with your type is you don't don't respect other peoples opinions and neither do you know what civility means.

You do not own nairaland so learn to be civil and not be a fool.
I ask again, are you one of the deranged kids? grin
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by TechRev: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
Be patience for DD?? so they now need someone to play Patience for DD?? Ohhk, well over to you monkeys and baboons (according to Buhari).

I have been looking for the meaning of DD, i see a lot of reference to it. Figured its Daura President. This zoo is just amazing.
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by TheFreeOne: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
DropShot:

I ask again, are you one of the deranged kids? grin

You responses confirmed you are the only deranged kid here.

You are a silly and uncouth lad so stop quoting me.
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by ifyan(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nigerians na like this we go de de. PMB should know that he is not longer GMB.

No time PMB
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by ifyan(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
samueld0:
Give him time! Give him time! Give him time!

This is how we gave OBJ time till 8yrs came and past, we gave Yaradua time till he died, GEJ. Was given 6yrs of time before he was elected out yet no positive change to show.

Nigerians! Baba Daura promised us change but yet his Gorvernment is still is still desame as the past past government three weeks in government no single change yet (positive or negative) building Democracy for 16yrs without any military intervention or coup but yet we are still in a stagnant position when are we going to ge it right?

Note: Buari's Eight years of ruling started on May 29th, 2015.

True yarn bro. May God heal us
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by mensdept: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
We are tired of "Being-Patient". We prop need to be very "Violent" with these rogues and coup plotters
Re: Be Patient With Buhari - NEF Tells Nigerians by DropShot: 6:04am On Jun 15, 2015
TheFreeOne:

My responses have confirmed I am the only deranged kid here.

I am a silly and uncouth lad.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Cautions Buhari’s Prospective Aides, Associates / National Assembly Crisis:Buhari And Osinbajo Meet Aggrieved Parties(Photos) / The Man Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.