Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98051 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by olasalam(m): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2009
lic. keys for Eset & Norton pls.
olasalam_eee1@yahoo.com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by lifeiseasy: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2009
According to my research from google, the “Top ten review of antivirus”, the best antivirus to use are arranged in the order below:

1. BetDefender
2. Kaspeskey
3. Webroot
4. ESet
5. Fsecure
6. AVG
7. Mckafee
8. Gdata
9. Norton
10. Trend Micro

Visit any of their sites to download their free version. The one you should use depends on your they are all good.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by sino(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2009
@lifeiseasy good for that info, im begining to doubt my avira its not listed in da top ten! I like that antivirus die i've been installing it 4 me customers. Anybody here using avira!? It sees everything man, im going to download da bitdefender and test it on me machine.Hope it doesnt slow down pc sha
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2009
Finally I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2010 and got a patch till 2047 and working anybody who wants it (the Patch) should text me your email @ 08052063388
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by dominique(f): 11:45am On Oct 21, 2009
guys pls help, i've been trying to update my McAfee antivirus for weeks now but to no avail. my sister is having similar problems with her Avast. what do think we should do. any one experiencing similar problems?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
Guyz !!!, Bitdefender is definitly NOT the best, I got the stuff and installed removed my god blessed Eset which had everything under
control and guess what happened, As I rebooted as demanded by Bitdefender setup, It took the system 8 munites to show my desktop, and after it does show it, my network speed reduced by drastically, all websites was almost blocked or takes a hell of time to load, downloading became a problem, my applications kept crashing, Yahoo messenger, outlook etc.
I reformated the system thinking maybe there was a trace of eset remaining which could be conflicting with BD and same was the story, I am still dosing on the system trying to reinstall all my apps after the formating and now i have to format again to go back to eset. so think it before installing BD pls, i also wondered when i saw the rating that norton of all people almost took last so that rating must have been influenced one way or the other. find below the pix of my systems config. before someone tells me it was my system that never met requirment.

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by akitoyeo(m): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hi guys,
I will like to contribute to this post. Let me point out that most Antiviruses are good but does not protect against viruses from the internet especially the free versions. Also, installing an Antivirus when your PC/laptop is already in use will lead the antivirus picking your files as viruses and some may even crash your operating system. To have good protection you need to install your antivirus as soon as you purchase or reformat your system or maintain an antivirus provided you keep giving the license key once it expires.
Additional protection is by using USB guard but this only protect from infected flash drive or any other USB device.

To assist guys, I have AVG Internet Security for sale at a ridiculously cheap price (expiry date is 2018) which can be also be resold as it comes with many license keys. I also have USB guard for sale. (All are on CD). If you are interested, SMS me on 08037865302. Limited copies are available.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by aultrickz(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2009
i have tried almost all the antiviruses, my best is eset nod32
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2009
Guy u too much. ESET Nod32 Smart Security Business Edition !!!! RULES N Rocks grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by lakefist(m): 4:25am On Oct 24, 2009
what about rising internet security it is very effective
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by maximum007(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2009
The best anti virus to use is definitely Norton Internet security. This is because even when it tells you it has expired it still provides you with a great deal of protection. Just search for norton using you favorite search engine and you can download a free trial.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by alexjoe224: 10:56am On Oct 24, 2009
for me avast rocks.

the best antivirus that i have ever used.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by aultrickz(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2009
i have crack nod32 antivirus that will expire 2050
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by uzoma123(m): 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2009
Atimes I laugh at peoples ignorance. For u to have the best of your antivirus first format your system clean and now install your antivirus not when your system has been compromised u now start talking abt protecting urself. Norton antivirus or Norton Internet security with antivirus still remain number one. Don't get carried away. It has many advantages. It is light on your system not wasting your time when booting. Kapersky can delete even your program if it doesn't understand its behaviour. I have used all of them as a computer Engineer and i know their short comings. Avg internet security is good but it uses too much of your system memory causing delay when u want things done fast. Stop going for free or trial version antivirus when the free trial period ends it leaves your system worse than it met it. I have more than 15yrs experience in computer/network maintainance.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by AmAlone: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2009
No antivirus it the Best.

Currently I am using Norton 360 2010 v3.5

I upgraded from Norton antivirus to Norton 360 because i thought it was the best!
I had previously uninstalled my AVG because it cannot detect a keylogger installed on my PC (Mann, the keylogger was so 2050!)

I vowed never to use Kaspesky because, it cannot remove some trojan that was in my other Pc! (win32 error, cannot delete trojan, trojan deleted, trojan creating backup sad )

And just a few days back, I run Albertino Keylogger v2.5(2008) (they have v3.5(2009) the latest) And my norton was there, can't even say Something, They keylogger ran for almost 3hours till I removed it myself!

So, I tell you, no antivirus it the best, They can help you with scanning and uninstalling viruses and trojan, but I defy you! bring them to the latest of them trojan's, they did pretend nothing happen! tongue
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Oyawuni(m): 8:15am On Oct 27, 2009
Ve u heard of rising antivirus?It is d best antivirus so far.&also avast4.8
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Oyawuni(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2009
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Oyawuni(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2009
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by pritypeety(f): 6:50am On Oct 28, 2009
Norton to me has a way of slowing down ur pc. It acts like a trojan or say adware. I do security technology and so far so good personally I would say kaspersky is d best. If u really know about antivirus and d way it works then u would know most of this antivirus are just crap. In fact kaspersky, bitdefender and webroot remains the no 1 antivirus outside the shores of Africa. Here in Asia, kaspersky is d no 1 antivirus.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by aimhigh1(m): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2009
It my pleasure to tell you you that you are doing a nice job, my telling us know the lastest anti-virus invoke.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by EverJ: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2009
Do you really think 'free' stuffs is worth more than 'paid' ? certainly not. Just like the saying: "you get what you paid for" no bi wetin you no pay for. Is not justifiable.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by EverJ: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2009
Grizzly:

i beg you all in the name of God, i need the activation code for kaspersky internet security 2010!!!
i've searched the whole internet, but i could as well be searching for the return date of Jesus Christ
I cant find shit
somebody please help me  cry

Wetin go happen if you pay for ONCE, ha!!!!

Mr. Osho-Free.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by nwadzyy: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2009
Over the last three years i have used virtually all the Antivirus softwares you can think about . I have come to a conclusion that AVG is just the best for me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But 4 me AVG 4life
cheers.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 01, 2009
All of my laptops and desktops came with norton and I still use norton, Another Good antivirus I've tried is Eset. I don't know of the rest because I haven't tried them.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Grizzly(m): 1:35am On Nov 02, 2009
i've had to settle for ESET NOD32,
registration key please undecided
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by EEVICTOREE(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2009
Need Norton Internet Security product key or Serial key, Contact me at vickyboy2436@yahoo.co.uk if u have one,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by kok(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2009
Eset Nod32 serial:

UserName: EAV-19950416
PassWord: f2v7d7d4sr
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by hushy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2009
please which 1 will remove sality virus, cos eset & avast pro did not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.