Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

This Is What Parenting Look Like. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Parenting Look Like. (2530 Views)

Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / What Parenting Looks Like :D / What Parenting Actually Look Like. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by ihedinobi2: 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Most times when very young children get up to all sorts of mischief, it's because they're bored stiff of being cooped up indoors for hours / days on end.

A good run through the park kicking a ball / riding a bike or just plain having fun outdoors is all it takes. Then again, let's remember that children learn through play and many of the kids in these pics are toddlers experimenting and learning more about the world around them.

They aren't bad kids. They're simple being toddlers.

I once had to research the Montessori method. I was very impressed. Of course I'd modify it and add a little more involvement in the directing, guiding, orchestrating etc but it is so true that children need activity, play to learn. Being cooped up indoors is terrible for them. Terrible. I know that firsthand. And being kept out of adult routines like cleaning, tidying up, cooking, laundry and whatnot helps with the boredom and destructive tendencies.

They really are adorable but parents need really to give them more room and more attention.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by EfemenaXY: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
ihedinobi2:

I once had to research the Montessori method. I was very impressed. Of course I'd modify it and add a little more involvement in the directing, guiding, orchestrating etc but it is so true that children need activity, play to learn. Being cooped up indoors is terrible for them. Terrible. I know that firsthand. And being kept out of adult routines like cleaning, tidying up, cooking, laundry and whatnot helps with the boredom and destructive tendencies.

They really are adorable but parents need really to give them more room and more attention.

Why do I suspect that when your time comes, you'll be the ever-indulgent dad, Ihedinobi? cheesy cheesy

I'm imagining your daughter (for example), requesting for something, you say "no", she pouts while snuggling up to you, (perhaps even playfully rubbing your bald head) whilst whinning, "but daddy, you are my best-est friend!" cool tongue

...And that's all it takes for you to grunt a, "well...okay then"! grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by Rogersmith(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
More pics

1 Like

Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by ihedinobi2: 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Why do I suspect that when your time comes, you'll be the ever-indulgent dad, Ihedinobi? cheesy cheesy

I'm imagining your daughter (for example), requesting for something, you say "no", she pouts while snuggling up to you, (perhaps even playfully rubbing your bald head) whilst whinning, "but daddy, you are my best-est friend!" cool tongue

...And that's all it takes for you to grunt a, "well...okay then"! grin grin

Lol. Not a chance. I'm a hard man, biko. grin
Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by EfemenaXY: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
ihedinobi2:

Lol. Not a chance. I'm a hard man, biko. grin

Lol! I don't expect you to agree now. But you'll see what I mean then. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by bukatyne(f): 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
jaz:
must confess i am really getting bored and tired of being a dad and husband. really tiring full time job... and i got a paid job already sad feel like going on leave or something undecided

This should also help you understand how your wife feels

Have you tried outsourcing some minor chores so you both have more time for the kids and yourselves.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by KanwuliaJara: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
By their rotten fruits, ye shall know them!
Products of "asssssssidental discharges by AFRICAN POLYGAMOUS BULLPENS AND DOGOUTS"!
Why major ijjjjjiots keep quoting me on NL remains an incurable disease!

Please, reply the damn thread and MOVE DA HELL ON!

I don't see you, you don't see me! cool

Still on the matter of "attention-seekers" and their assssss-wipies!

Next thread please! cool
Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by ihedinobi2: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! I don't expect you to agree now. But you'll see what I mean then. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hehe. Of course I agree. Just pulling your legs. But I won't be a pushover though. Dunno how to be.
Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by Mamaflex(f): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hahahahahaaha... Very funny. My boys enhhh....well I nor fit talk.

I go to bed each day with serious headache. cry

It is well.
Re: This Is What Parenting Look Like. by Rogersmith(m): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
My 10 months niece have become our entertainer at home with her dancing steps.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Know How To Advise Her / Men Shouldn’t Be Allowed To Bathe Their Daughters, We Are All Mad –facebook User / Troublesome Neihbour: How Do You Deal With Yours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.