Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,254 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG (82390 Views)

Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – Fg / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Lachimex(m): 9:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
Am so much interested in it!
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by mbulela: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
Pointless for a govt that is borrowing to pay salaries.

5 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by 19naia(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
This will create a true bustling economic atmosphere... It has the least to do with the people receiving the money... It will benefit even more working people looking for customers with money to pay, the markets will see more activity.

It is simple common sense, when there are many people with no money, there will be many people who cannot spend money with people who are working a service or sale of goods...
There is nothing more a business man wants to see than more customers with money..
These poor people getting 5k will most likely be spending all of it and they will become new customers to those who are working and looking for new sources of income via customers who have money to spend...

A system that is set up for the rich to get richer and richer, cannot sustain itself.. Eventually the rich will have so much of the money, that they will have less customers with money to buy their factory products or rent their empire of houses and apartments, buy their mega tonnes of farmed produce, pay ticket to their oricey concerts and so on and so on..
Workers and sales prosper when there are more people with money to spend..
When all else has failed to see the money spread to sufficient amounts of people, it becomes clear that only one thing is left to do.. The people with ultimate power in the country, must collect and redistribute money to those who are most needy..

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Myself2(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
[size=24pt]Who will tell this confused government of Dullard Buhari who hails from Western Germany that campaigns and elections are over and he should start fulfilling his campaign promises rather coming to repeat them angry angry angry angry[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ahh from the mere commissioner? passing by with my umbrella, waiting for the tourist to confirm it.
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by adedayourt(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
lets see hw it goes. may God help them
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by wunmi590(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
missKiffy:
Hmmm, how possible is this

That what people failed to ask the government, not by telling us you would do this, you would do that, but how you intend carrying it out.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by 989900: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
This, he said, cannot happen unless we achieve a significant improvement in the power sector, even as he assured that the administration will focus on improving the supply of gas to power plants, which will ensure sufficient gas supply that will help maximize the 13,000MW of generating capacity.

Do we have 13,000 MW generating capacity already?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Myself2(m): 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
The mere commissioner is a very complicated marriage of very strange bedfellows that he does not even know much about.He will just be treated as a mere commissioner

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by kentorito2: 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
N5000 change? God help the poor and unemployed. And I wish the poor and unemployed could also exCHANGE that proposed monthly pay with "them" so they understand what poverty and unemployment means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by erico2k2(m): 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
blesszzy:
APC!!! Change!!! Fresh and undiluted Changes everywhere.
How Old are you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Baboo13(m): 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
A very good campaign idea no doubt, but the question is will this initiative see the light of the day with the corruption level now?
2) Someone cited that assuming we have 20million unemployed- which I'm sure its more than that, will translate to 100bn monthly, 1.2trn yearly, does the government have resources to sustain this project? You know what has happened to Aregbesola now with the school meal project..

inevitably, we have to borrow to fund it, and we have several states still owing salaries and arrears...

The govt should properly think through this thing, so in the end, it won't end up as a white elephant

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by biGPoppaSays(m): 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
CR77:
Is not a big deal even here in europe they pay there citizen
Just sent you a pm
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by CSTR2: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by ApexTitan(m): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
mbulela:
Pointless for a govt that is borrowing to pay salaries.

This!
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
Good one; but I hope this doesn't culminate into bloodsucking tax rates, because I know that's how most developed nations are able to afford job seekers' allowance and other welfare schemes. Good one though.

#For the sake of Nigerians, may God help them in fulfilling their promises.
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by easy2buzz: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nice move my presido
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Cutehector(m): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
horlabiyi:
Patiently waiting for them to do so.
are u very poor?
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by peeta89(m): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
In my opinion, instead of giving #5000 monthly to unemployed graduates across the country, I will suggest that FG should recruit the unemployed graduates into all the federal MDA'S across the country.

Then those who are not educated and can not be employable they should be encouraged to go for vocational trainings then after that FG or state government can support them to start up something based on what they have learnt.

Then they should give the #5000 to elderly and poor people on a monthly basis.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by illiad1(m): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lol
All nigerians might be poor and unemployed
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by millionaireman: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
This is Wealth Redistribution - direct from the executive arm. Quota system did not work, educationally disadvantaged areas system did not work. Now try cash distribution of oil wealth.

Guess which area of Nigeria benefits most from this cash distribution to the most impoverished Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Kelvinpam(m): 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ok good. At least we now know u are in europe...Meanwhile when are you coming back?? grin grin

CR77:
Is not a big deal even here in europe they pay there citizen
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by cmobile: 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
The way to go is to focus on 12 to 24hrs constant light. Then long term loans to small businesses at single digit . Remove import duty on machineries. Only pay the elderly for now and create Entrepreneur centres in all state capital for graduates or turn the NYSC into skill centres for a one year program,u pon completion you qualify for loan to start a bizness. Borrow 10 trillion naira to do this, the 1trillionto be used for welfare can be used to service this loan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by kgr8mike(m): 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Please let nobody hand me this. I can't imagine government achieving this. How many people will benefit from each state or LGA? Please let's not start what we can't sustain. What are we going to sacrifice to get this done? Please I don't want to sacrifice ensuring constant power supply. Pensioners are not being paid their pension and somebody is telling me N5000 is free. This government should get to work for goodness sake and at least give us constant power supply and good road network and let us create our own wealth. Nations do not live on welfare but on wealth citizens created by themselves.

6 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by spencekat(m): 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Teach them how to fish instead of giving them fish.

6 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by ogundeleai(m): 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
I read here few days ago while many are accusing present administration of not saying anything about stipend they promise during election campaign.. Good enough, the vice president today made reference to that but reading an average of the comments here , one can deduce and conclude that indeed human being are insatiable

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by boynigeria(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
APC ...been making empty promises since 2012

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Vivly(f): 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Very ineffective in my opinion. This would just go on to cause all kinds of inflation and devalue our already devalued currency. Why not create jobs so that when people are paid salaries, they'll be enough goods thereby creating a balance.
And then, talk about the means of paying 5000 to every poor person in Nigeria where data for census is not even easily collated. The mechanism alone would cost more than the amount estimated to dash out. Create jobs, thats the key thing.

4 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by lavenjcrown(m): 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Even dangote family would come out and claim to be among the poor nigerians.
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by jimmy101231(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
He be like say them wan to tell us another story again ooooo

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by anigbajumo(m): 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
fanysteve:
How possible this would be?nigeria does not have a data base,Niger,Chad,Cameroon and some other african countries would use the opportunity to become Nigerians, and we should not forget these african countries looks more like our Hausa Aboki brothers,moreover they are all ABOKI'S
mehn....jez bcoz of 5kk
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by olaeffect(m): 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
I don't think Nigerians need handouts, all they need is an enabling environment; starting with stable power supply. You can then sit back and see us make wealth from nothing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Was Colonialism Good For Africa? / I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.