Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG (82401 Views)

Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – Fg / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Solozzo(m): 2:50am On Jun 15, 2015
all4naija:
The dullard and his cronies are about to throw money around instead of using it to provide better free education for the citizens. angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry

Yes but there is high unemployment rate for university graduates. We are talking social welfare support for the very poor of our citizens. Should they be left in this condition while you enjoy the good life? They would become criminals, terrorists
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by ugoezeik(m): 3:58am On Jun 15, 2015
LaurelP:
They shud quash NYSC and pay the one year allawee money to fresh graduates upfront. Nysc is as useless as d P in psycho.
lolzzzzxxxxx d p is really useless. dis oyibo language sef. I no knw y we no adopt awa own

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 15, 2015
Solozzo:

Yes but there is high unemployment rate for university graduates. We are talking social welfare support for the very poor of our citizens. Should they be left in this condition while you enjoy the good life? They would become criminals, terrorists
You don't know anything about poverty. They will use that money to create extra burden, marry and reproduce causing more social problems. It is not going to be sustainable in such a poor country anyway.

Terrorism is based on ideology. The fools are now recruiting more from the affluent countries than ever before. Please, stop speculating without challenging the effects this might have in an uneducated population like Nigerian.

Criminality in Nigeria cannot be pointed to as caused by poverty a lone. The rate at which most Nigerians are interested in riches(through 419, corruption, etc), most especially getting big money, paying the poor 5000 Naira monthly is going to be a sham. Many workers aren't even paid their salaries for months here you are telling me about welfare benefits. That is laughable!

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by bengoodcreature: 4:04am On Jun 15, 2015
It can be done in Nigeria, cs in Asia, its done through Agricultural Banks to Every citizen, monthly
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by babamajor: 4:06am On Jun 15, 2015
There is no big deal in giving d unemployed 5000 per person a month. All d government need is to make sure that all those who are employed nd. Companies paid their taxes. America has 57million people on food stamps, nd each get $200 a month. Not a dime is frm d government pockets rather it's we that are working that is feeding them.e.g I paid $800 a Mont as tax, it means I alone is feeding 4 people a Mont. D advantage of this on d economy is that since d money is for feeding, it means more people Wil go into food business cus people av money to spend nd this Wil allow govt to make more money by coletin taxes frm d food vendors , farmers nd transporter nd d middle men so d economy Wil be growing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by gbaskiboy: 4:08am On Jun 15, 2015
Beesluv:
I'm sure some working class will enroll for this
are u serious bro grin
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by EmekaBlue(m): 5:00am On Jun 15, 2015
Do am no b talk talk

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by hardbody: 5:32am On Jun 15, 2015
minifuworld:
don't you think that this can work through BVN? Am thinking for the possible way..

Did u say BVN, the poor who are being contemplated here are mostly unbanked so how does BVN come to the rescue? Meanwhile, that amount of money pumped into the system in a monthly basis will definitely escalate inflation besides the equitable working out of modalities for sharing. Who will determine who is indigent? What proof will they be?

Meanwhile for those shouting that working class may want to partake, at close of business today, i will spend more than that figure at 724 Ikeja eating rice, fresh fish pepper soup and at least 2 bottles of beer. I do it almost everyday. Pray and work to get your means of sustainable income, dont be dependent on handouts, its a means of slavery and enslavement.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by kedunaija(m): 5:37am On Jun 15, 2015
am keeping my finers crossed, pls dont start what you can finish oo
http://kedunaija.com/promises-pay-unemployed-poor-nigerians-n5000-monthly/

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by asidere(m): 5:50am On Jun 15, 2015
i think Nigeria has the money to pay the poor & unemployed but i think what is best for us is to give us means to catch fish and not fish itself.This #5000 they promised to give them is just sustainance money.#5000 is not enough to meet all needs.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:00am On Jun 15, 2015
Do u know how much a receptonist @ D computer village or bartenders are paid monthly?if the govt should enforce this plan,do u know how many people. Will leave their jobs and stay home jobless,when they are paid same amount working.
I think we should 1st work on the minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Jsomething: 6:07am On Jun 15, 2015
Hmm.... story of the gods.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 15, 2015
Could this be true...?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Ashmark(m): 6:17am On Jun 15, 2015
I can bet my Salary on this that it's not possible. It can't even last for a year and the whole programme will collapse. They should ask Aregbesola what happened after feeding schools with free meal.

Baba should concentrate on visible and realistic things and stop playing around...Free meal Ko, all we need is constant Electricity, good roads, reduction in fuel price and standard education system.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 15, 2015
asidere:
i think Nigeria has the money to pay the poor & unemployed but i think what is best for us is to give us means to catch fish and not fish itself.This #5000 they promised to give them is just sustainance money.#5000 is not enough to meet all needs.

I understand where you are coming from, and where you are going.

The are not paying you the five thousand to meet all your needs, the cash is for your support.

My opinion
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by glowithdan(m): 6:32am On Jun 15, 2015
MissAdeife:
hmmn

??
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by abtmaviz(m): 6:32am On Jun 15, 2015
It's a good move no doubt but someone needs to remind the both of them that campaign has ended if not two or three months ago.

Btw, I wait patiently to see it coming to pass considering the fact that the country ain't good at record keep and how do they want to strike out a possible for a curbing out this sha.

And morealso, I think striking out nysc would be a good idea the FG could simply sum up the total alawee and pay the fresh graduate.

My 1kobo
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by emmykk(m): 6:36am On Jun 15, 2015
Those wishing buhari will pay them N5000 are teengers and lazy people who dont know anything about Nigeria.

1.6months salaries is not yet paid in some states.
2.Pensioners are suffering in the hands of govt.
And the 5K promise is coming at a time china is rejecting our oil
I strongly believe now that the
Daura President is really a dullard,

shameBuhari

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Fourwinds: 6:43am On Jun 15, 2015
Beesluv:
I'm sure some working class will enroll for this
people like Temi....,
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by kilokeys(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2015
Last last this would foot my recharge card bills

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by just2endowed: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2015
CR77:
Is not a big deal even here in europe they pay there citizen

And that's why the Greek economy is the worst economy. Wastage

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 15, 2015
koligs:

You are the Dullard...
This man is old enough to father your father..
it's people like ur mother, father, siblings, aunties, uncles, grandma, grandpa that will jump into this offer
please ignore the pdp dullard. Even if PMB should equate N1 to $1 and our economy is better than china, these pdp haters will still criticise nd hate.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by rusher14: 6:50am On Jun 15, 2015
koligs:

You are the Dullard...
This man is old enough to father your father..
it's people like ur mother, father, siblings, aunties, uncles, grandma, grandpa that will jump into this offer

You forgot his jobless self.
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Mbkite(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2015
And I ask again: when shall all these things be? Is Osibanjo the Nigeria messiah or shall we keep waiting?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by sumyvic: 7:08am On Jun 15, 2015
Is 5k not even too small?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by yooglodotcom: 7:12am On Jun 15, 2015
If this initiative can only help to determine without guess work the actual unemployment data, it will be a good start.

PMB, I am not sure how you will achieve this but please use this and other smart initiative to begin to establish valid national database by ensuring the beneficiaries supply accurate information with biometrics.

Till now no one can beat his chest on accurate population nor population distribution of Nigeria in this 21st century.
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 15, 2015
This move to me (that's if it is even achievable) is the height of cluenessness which GEJ was accused of!

For crying out loud, promulgate effective policies that would help in the creation of jobs so that a greater percentage of the poor and unemployed will be able to earn better. What will N5000 do for a poor and unemployed man who probably has a wife and 4 kids to feed? Even if his wife is given N5000 too make it 10,000, it won't go a long way to cater for their basic needs!

According to statistics, there are well over 90,000,000 Nigerians living below 1 dollar per day...

Now let's do the math:

90,000,000+N5000
=N450000000000

Four Hundred and Fifty Trillion Naira will be disbursed to the poor and unemployed monthly in Nigeria. The budget of the United States and Canada in 1 year.

***In Pastor Adeboye's voice*** Can somebori shout Hallelujah!

I always knew that APC was a clueless party with clueless people at the helm of affairs backed by clueless supporters!

NB: if you must quote me, refute what i said with constructive reasons and critisms to how you think this move will work or else Sango and Amadioha will strike you and your family. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by kuroben4real: 7:13am On Jun 15, 2015
Reminding urselves of ur manifesto's is good. But i would love u show me how to fish instead of giving me fish everytime so i would'nt be disturbing u d day u chose not to do so.... I also hope they will not cut down workers salaries unnecessary

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by juman(m): 7:17am On Jun 15, 2015
On the electricity the government should seriously also consider generating electricity from coal. Even this country can generate all electricity needed from non gas means.

The problem of providing gas failed jonathan government.
Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by TheAdvocate(m): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2015
This is clearly not feasible. The report says 124 million Nigerians are extremely poor and the programme is aimed at such class of people. Someone should help me calculate the monthly and yearly cost of this programme please. Government should rather channel the money to developmental programmes pls.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG by juman(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2015
He expressed dismay that with the huge natural and human endowments in the country, the most recent World Economic Forum’s Report on Global Competitiveness Index (GCI) 2014 -2015 ranked Nigeria 127 out of 144 countries.

“This is in comparison with many other countries in Africa, ranking higher including Mauritius – 39, South Africa – 56, Rwanda – 62, Botswana 74, Algeria – 79, Kenya – 90, Zambia – 96 and Ghana – 111. Similarly, the World Bank’s Report on Ease of Doing Business Index ranks Nigeria, 170 out of 189 countries surveyed”, he noted.

This make me laughed. grin

nigeria is better only than those war torn countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fresh #EndSARS Protest At Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos - AIT / Was Colonialism Good For Africa? / Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.