Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment (6841 Views)

Sagay Blasts Fayose: He Is An Irresponsible Clown, An Embarrassment To Nigeria / Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR / Fayose To Buhari: Withdraw 2016 Budget, It’s A National Embarrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by arbitter: 7:21am On Jun 15, 2015
All the shlt wrong in this country like Corruption, Lack of Infrastructure, Lack of Power, Lack of basic clean water, Indigence and All kinds of violence from ritualists to cultists, to terrorists etc are not a 'disgrace' but its Buhari's accent that pains you the most huh? It just makes you feel like your country has been reduced to garbage simply because Buhari has an Accent. Its so sad , i mean what have we done to deserve this punishment of a President who cant speak clear cut English. Even though we're not an actual English country and every tribe has their own language and all that but still 'Its mandatory for everyone to speak clear English because when God created this World he made English the Standard for all huh.

Bunch of halfwits!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Burger01(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2015
nwaanambra1:

GBAM!

@OP U HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS OR JOIN THE MIGRATING TEAM IN ONE OF THEIR NUMEROUS BOATS! cheesy
Na so ogrin
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Burger01(m): 7:28am On Jun 15, 2015
cirmuell:
*Lol* Now it's the accent. make I retire to bed jaare
From terrorist to certificate, from certificate to accentshocked These TANdroid dolts go kii person. Who knows what's nextcheesy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 15, 2015
chesterlee:

F00L!!!
TANOID ibo boi e never start to pain you o, but when you can no longer bear the pain........... lagoon tins

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Burger01(m): 7:37am On Jun 15, 2015
tit:
buhari is a disgrace to Nigeria.
that is why at AU meeting, they relegate him to the background
You are a disgrace to your family generation you this sadomasochist transgender shaiitsmiley Did you even watch the AU meeting? Doltsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by samyan12: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2015
People who are not native speakers of English , speak with an accent, have u heard a Chinese person speak English. we Nigerians with our inferiority complex, we think speaking English like the Queen, will almost make us white.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Acidosis(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2015
The guy coughs too much sad

The voice gets weaker each minute.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 15, 2015
Hello Nigerians. Doesn't look good waking up to see this early morning insults from one person to another.
When a point is raised, can't we analyze it and come up with some positive results. The op brought up a point on the President's accent which is difficult to hear and I thought we should discuss how best he could improve it not defending him or insulting his person.

Nigeria accepted English as their lingua franca so we are not the same with Russia, Morroco, south Korea and so on.

The president can go for extra lessons with professionals to help him. Reminds me of an English king in popular (The King's Speech) who corrected an even worst problem.

Am expecting Nairalanders who are more knowledgeable in this aspect to discuss this issue and proffer solutions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Realtol(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2015
Enahi:
See how daft your brain is, is Russia an English speaking Country angry. You are worse than the dullard.
You don't really expect me to engage in mudslinging with you. Do you? I would rather stick to Nairaland order no. 2 which says: Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members... because, just like PMB I'm a law abiding citizen. I will iron the point out when you put your view forward in a civilized manner. Have a WONDERFUL day friend.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Realist2: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2015
onatisi:
but u were very active and happy calling gej all sorts of names from drunkard ,retarded ,clueless and even slowpoke, you even made jest and called his wife sheppotetamus or whatever and called her all sorts of names anytime she makes a grammatical error, so what stops buhari from receiving similar insults in full measure ? Well whether u like it or not ,buhari is a big disgrace to this nation by referring to a nation as west germany in 2015 almost 30yrs after the walls came down. He should bring his street light neck and sit down in nigeria ,and allow his principal officers do the traveling if he can't express himself very well to the global audience. I don't think u know that each moves he make is been scrutinized and accessed by other world leaders and drinking of water every 5minutes shows lack of confidence. Even as old and sick as mugbabe is ,he doesn't drink water every 10minutes , abi buhari dey sick?

Nigerians are in for big disgrace, watch out for more to come.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by ogawisdom(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2015
jaytee01:
Mr Genius, pardon...........but what have YOU achieved recently?

If u see me in real life u will lie down to greet me cool olodo
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by fair14: 9:11am On Jun 15, 2015
I was confused too. We thought it was from the background. Please let osibade be representing him. Nigeria should upgrade our academic qualification for the office of the president. Buhari is a good person but he is academically below par.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by hazyfm: 9:13am On Jun 15, 2015
Makweembo:
I watched on SABC today when President Buhari addressed the congress at the African union.

His accent is ... terrible! I could barely understand what he said.

Even when the camera showed clips of the other delegates, they looked confused as Buhari was talking. And he had to stop every few minutes to drink water before reading further.

I admire Buhari's record but surely, he should be a figure helping government behind the scenes - and not a leader at the forefront. Most people would even need a translation of what he said to understand - the Hausa accent is so thick!

What do others think?
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
I cnt believe a Nigerian is saying dis things....are u just knowing the hausas today??no matter ow much dey can be fluent in english,drez still gona be traces of de accent there....there's nothing wrong in that plz
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by mike404(m): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2015
Aigbofa:
@op, have you ever thought about how you sound to other people?
SEE EM FULANI SLAVE cheesy YOU NO DEY EVER DISAPPOINT
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by After1one: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2015
Ikengawo:
a certificateless one. The constant water drinking is also embarassing. Makes our nation look old, confused, uneducated, unexposed and sloppy. One chance continues biko

Coming from someone whose father was stoned to death for stealing at Ariara market, you think we dont know? You have no moral right to even insult anyone. Useless yeebhoe fool
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by onatisi(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2015
JUSTbuchi:
I cnt believe a Nigerian is saying dis things....are u just knowing the hausas today??no matter ow much dey can be fluent in english,drez still gona be traces of de accent there....there's nothing wrong in that plz
ibb and yar adua were fluent and eloquent when speaking at any international conference and they radiated authority moreover they too were hausas. The way and manner a president expresses himself goes a long way in determining how his fellow presidents will view him. He needs to work on his carriage ,kings and presidents are always trained on how to behave and he doesn't want that let him delegate this speech making to osinbajo
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by omolami: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2015
BUHARI'S QUALIFICATION IS FIRST LEAVING SCHOOL CERTIFICATE. I DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO HAVE IMPROVE ON HIS ACCENT .THE DULLARD
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2015
mike404:
SEE EM FULANI SLAVE cheesy YOU NO DEY EVER DISAPPOINT

I don't engage retar.ds.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by waxyung(m): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2015
@OP..no provoke me.. Didnt u watch Attah mills clip where he commited blunders. Ghanian president dat cnt pronounce 'economy'. Jona wey sabi speak english wetin him achieve. @OP u beta go bak 2 ur cage,i no no wu open u sef
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by texazzpete(m): 11:45am On Jun 15, 2015
onatisi:
ibb and yar adua were fluent and eloquent when speaking at any international conference and they radiated authority moreover they too were hausas. The way and manner a president expresses himself goes a long way in determining how his fellow presidents will view him. He needs to work on his carriage ,kings and presidents are always trained on how to behave and he doesn't want that let him delegate this speech making to osinbajo

Can you PLEASE tell me what an accent has to do with 'carriage'?
Have you ever seen a picture of Buhari where he isn't standing tall and strong?
You started talking about accent and now it's babbling about 'how to behave'. What does his accent have to do with his 'behavior'?

Stop conflating issues and focus on important things. People who are being slaughtered by BH in borno are not interested in whether Buhari speaks with a crystal clear British accent or not

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by onatisi(m): 11:49am On Jun 15, 2015
texazzpete:

Can you PLEASE tell me what an accent has to do with 'carriage'?
Have you ever seen a picture of Buhari where he isn't standing tall and strong?
You started talking about accent and now it's babbling about 'how to behave'. What does his accent have to do with his 'behavior'?

Stop conflating issues and focus on important things. People who are being slaughtered by BH in borno are not interested in whether Buhari speaks with a crystal clear British accent or not
can u pls tell nigerians what important issues buhari has addressed since he became president 20days ago
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by onatisi(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2015
waxyung:
@OP..no provoke me.. Didnt u watch Attah mills clip where he commited blunders. Ghanian president dat cnt pronounce 'economy'. Jona wey sabi speak english wetin him achieve. @OP u beta go bak 2 ur cage,i no no wu open u sef
kindly state with examples what grammatical or pronunciation blunders the late president john evana atta mills made when he was alive.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by ndcide(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2015
The @op, has a point...
It's an impeachable situation /offence.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
I see no reason why y'all are throwing insults on the other, the OP only asked a question at the end of this statement which is " what do you think"?.

Nigerians are so behind and tend to go against eachother with any single opportunity like they've been patiently waiting for it.

Y'all sucks.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by nwaanambra1(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
BrokenTV:

This is how your Daura President, is embarrasing us publicly,the OP you are [b]refering to is not even a Nigerian but a South African[/b]. Even I a Nigerian can hardly understand the world that are coming out of his mouth.

. . .and whats he doing in a Nigerian forum - I thought they don't want to mingle with other Africans. He should go to their Zulu forum and drink there usual umqombothi and keep sniffing and getting high on the repugnant mess of their lord and master - the Zulu King! cheesy grin

and you sir, the super intelligent genius calling our President unprintable names, you should stop embarrassing your self publicly by minding your spellings!

its spelt " e-m-b-a-r-r-a-s-s-i-n-g"; and the other word is spelt "r-e-f-e-r-r-i-n-g"

ITI MPATAKA pretending to be who he is not! cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by chamboy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
Realtol:
How do you want him to sound? Like American or Briton? Anyway, you need to hear Russian speaks English then you will know the definition of terrible accent.
or Arabs, exposure is the problem of some Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by slimfit1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
Aigbofa:
@op, have you ever thought about how you sound to other people?

Thank God
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by moderate99(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
Realtol:
How do you want him to sound? Like American or Briton? Anyway, you need to hear Russian speaks English then you will know the definition of terrible accent.
I bliv d OP didn't consider accent of other nationals b4 opening his gud-4- notin thread.
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by moderate99(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
chamboy:
or Arabs, exposure is the problem of some Nigerians
o yes...
Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by watts75: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
ALL my haters can kiss my Aboki ASss.

Re: Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment by Jaypea98: 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
onatisi:
What problems have good English accent ever solved ..Did GEJ's perfect accent determine how his fellow presidents viewed him?
Lets not dwell on trivial issues such as this please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? / Festus Akande: News Of The CJN's COVID-19 Positive Status Is A Rumour / Nigerian Senate Votes To Empower Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.