Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside (10404 Views)

When The Man You Are About To Marry Is Wanted By Efcc(photo) / (pic) I'm Dying...... Pls Help Me Out / See What The Woman I Want To Marry Is Doing To Me Cuz Of House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by itoronkan(f): 9:39am On Feb 27, 2009
Life expectancy is shortened for SS , with studies reporting an average life expectancy of 42 and 48 years for males and females, respectively. But if u truly love her, marry her and cherish the days you spend together, but also understand that, you cannot complain in the future if she needs money for hospital and so on. It is a big challenge, but love conquers all. Take care son
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by sinaayo(f): 11:23am On Feb 27, 2009
marry her  if and only if she the right one 4 u,dnt conclud  yet,pray if she is d one,then go head, 4get about ss or aa.if she d right one,GoD will make a way , sorry,a friend of mine loss her wedding jst because of such,
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by mufy: 8:12pm On Feb 27, 2009
well, there is nothing impossible for God,if you believe in him and u TRULY love her,go ahead,havent u heard of miracles,if u havent u might experience it.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by PHILEOLOVE(m): 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2009
SWEET HEART,
I UNDERSTAND UR PLIGHT BUT HEALTHWISE U WOULD REGRET GOING INTO THE MARRIAGE, PASTOR BIMBO ODUKOYA CITED A CASE OF A MAN/WOMAN AS & SS BUT CONTRARY TO COUNSEL WENT AHEAD 7 GOT MARRIED. RESULT 4 CHILDREN, THEN WATCH WITH REGRET & SORROW THEIT CHILDREN HAVING CRISIS & 1 OR 2 DIED IN THE PROCESS. WISDOM OF AGES IS THAT U SHOULD CALL IT QUIT.

YOU NEED INFO ON LOVE CHEMISTRY, CHECK THIS WRITE UP BY VISITING www.loveandsoulmate.com

VISIT THE SITE www.loveandsoulmate.com AND KINDLY VOTE FOR ME I.E. THE BLOG, FOR YOUR VOTE TO COUNT FOR ME AT THE END REGISTER FOR FREE AT www.fastecash.com using this link only http://www.fastecash.com/register_new.php?cid=cogboka .

THANKS

N.B.
MORE HELP CALL 08055831857
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by chyk91(m): 1:39am On Feb 28, 2009
@ poster, does she av crises regularly, i ask this because not all ss av crises. I think u should go ahead and marry her, medically speaking u guys can av kids, dey will be as which is no problem.
Also for majority of ss patients their crises reduce once they enter adolescence, and she has passed that stage, i guess.
Guy dis is my opinion d ball is in ur court but remember no one can tell when he will die, 4 her 2 live this long and even pass her major crises period i think u can go ahead, but make her understand u will be by her side.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Akanniade(m): 3:02am On Feb 28, 2009
Shey marriage na byforce? if u must marry, if u no wan kill d girl leave children out.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by waleblack: 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2009
The most logical thing for you to do is to let go,but sometimes issues of love and heart are just no logical,if youn truelly love her, plz hold on as if your life depends on it.Am AS and my best friend of 8yrs is also AS,it might just be childish and selfish,but seriousl;am not about to let her go
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by dbaptist1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2009
see my broda my papi was as and my mami
as and i had a sister who was ss tho she;s dead now but we gave her d best in life
if u dont mary dat girl u are doing an injustice to ursef cus u love and
even if she doesnt accpet follow ur heart
and what it say
i leave u with this
amor vinctomnia<love conquers all
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by dantolee(m): 11:26am On Mar 01, 2009
like the song sez: "how deep is your love, ?"

Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by joobreel(m): 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2009
@poster
i dont think u really love this girl u re talking about cos if u do, nairalanders' opinions shouldnt really stop u or encourage u into marrying her (from a post of urs). i guess u re lucky being an AA. leave story, go ahead and marry her if u TRULY love her (i hope u re not pitying her and thereby doing what is called the hero's thing). if u dont, back out cos u myt not be able to cope but if ur love is real, i wouldnt mind being on ur guest list. all the best
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by nateevs(m): 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2009
hhhhhmmmmmm!

His kids can only be AS and AS. . . Is that true really?
I do not think it's direct combination of A and S but rather that each kid has 25% of being any of AA, AS, AS and SS. . . . . correct me if I am wrong pls.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 02, 2009
nateevs:

hhhhhmmmmmm!

His kids can only be AS and AS. . . Is that true really?
I do not think it's direct combination of A and S but rather that each kid has 25% of being any of AA, AS, AS and SS. . . . . correct me if I am wrong pls.

Yes you are.
The kid takes one from each parent.
So, with AA and SS, there is only one possible combination, AS.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by rooshie(f): 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2009
@ poster, there is a drug called "Nicosan" thats really good for sicklers. wishing u all the best
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by hisjewel: 8:34am On Mar 03, 2009
Marry or not, it is a practically tough question,
if u get married u guys wuld be happy and then have kids wit blood grp AS and then wen dey grw mayb one wuld marry AS, dts bad,
or mayb nt, den dats good.
pple make it wit SS anemia[not too often]
med institutions are tryn to control SS occurence, so maybe u could help by sacrifice, marry and maybe adopt and av one kid by her, dts stil very ok,
i am in d medical line and knw wat am sayn,
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by jiro(f): 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2009
Take it from someone who knows consider all the pros and cons before you get into it. I've seen men leave thier wives because they said that the women gave birth to children who were sicklers. Many men run away from the responsibility of catering for people suffering from sickle cell aneamia. What makes you different from them? Is it this your professed love for her? I hope not because sometimes love is not enough. You must realise that this decision you are about to take is one of a life time, and can also be life altering.
Medically speaking, you are probably the perfect match and truth be told if you really do love her as you say you do then she should marry you. But should you marry her?

1. Do you have the resources for the various medical bills that will come your way? can you Provide for her and give her a relatively stress free life? She must not over exert herself both physically, and emotionally. Anxiety and lack of peace of mind like say worrying about an unfaithfull husband can land her in the hospital with a serious episode of crisis.

2. I suggest you see her experiencing one of her crisis sessions. it might last as long as three of four days. be there for the whole ordeal. if you go through that then you'll be better equiped to know if you can go through this for the rest of your life or hers.
If you honestly answer these questions then you'll know what to do. Good luck.
P/s It really can work. i know a guy who married an ss and they now have four beautiful kids 2boys and 2 girls. the last two was a set of twin. you just need to be dedicated and probably get her help in the house to asist with the kids and house chores.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2009
Interestingly, i've seen SS who hardly have crisis.
Are they just lucky or what?
Even without taking any drugs.
Maybe not all SS need expensive drugs.
Think 'bout that
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by oladapsy: 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2009
jiro:

Take it from someone who knows consider all the pros and cons before you get into it. I've seen men leave thier wives because they said that the women gave birth to children who were sicklers. Many men run away from the responsibility of catering for people suffering from sickle cell aneamia. What makes you different from them? Is it this your professed love for her? I hope not because sometimes love is not enough. You must realise that this decision you are about to take is one of a life time, and can also be life altering.

Those men are naive like most Nigerian men are. cheesy

Medically speaking, you are probably the perfect match and truth be told if you really do love her as you say you do then she should marry you. But should you marry her?
Why the contradiction

1. Do you have the resources for the various medical bills that will come your way?
Do you know one how expensive are they. tongue

Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by oladapsy: 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
PHILEOLOVE:

SWEET HEART,
I UNDERSTAND UR PLIGHT BUT HEALTHWISE U WOULD REGRET GOING INTO THE MARRIAGE, PASTOR BIMBO ODUKOYA CITED A CASE OF A MAN/WOMAN AS & SS BUT CONTRARY TO COUNSEL WENT AHEAD 7 GOT MARRIED. RESULT 4 CHILDREN, THEN WATCH WITH REGRET & SORROW THEIT CHILDREN HAVING CRISIS & 1 OR 2 DIED IN THE PROCESS. WISDOM OF AGES IS THAT U SHOULD CALL IT QUIT.

YOU NEED information ON LOVE CHEMISTRY, CHECK THIS WRITE UP BY VISITING www.loveandsoulmate.com

VISIT THE SITE www.loveandsoulmate.com AND KINDLY VOTE FOR ME I.E. THE BLOG, FOR YOUR VOTE TO COUNT FOR ME AT THE END REGISTER FOR FREE AT www.fastecash.com using this link only http://www.fastecash.com/register_new.php?cid=cogboka .

THANKS

N.B.
MORE HELP CALL 08055831857

We need to think before we comment they were both AS and got married that wasn't wise but AA and AS that's wise they will only have AA and AS at the worst .Unless you think because she is SS she should shelve the hope of ever getting married and maybe having a family of her own You wait till you find out someone close to you has it angry

hisjewel:

Marry or not, it is a practically tough question,
if u get married u guys wuld be happy and then have kids wit blood grp AS and then wen dey grw mayb one wuld marry AS, dts bad,
or mayb nt, den dats good.
pple make it wit SS anemia[not too often]
med institutions are tryn to control SS occurence, so maybe u could help by sacrifice, marry and maybe adopt and av one kid by her, dts stil very ok,
i am in d medical line and knw wat am sayn,
YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING tongue.Did you major in haematology if not then I repeat you do not know what you are saying. So you guys are studying for sickle cell carriers not to marry in other to wipe out the disease not for them not to marry AS or SS but AA no they should remain single because they were unfortunate to be born with the wrong gene through no fault of their own. angry
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by oladapsy: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2009
angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by CrazyMan(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2009
I've said this before, and I would continue to say it. You might regret that marriage because of the huge financial expenses you're likely to encounter as a result of her condition.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by HadiJaph: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2009
CActus rightly gave some 3 suggestions. in addition if you have faith like mine or that of mustard seed in the Bible story, apply it and believe God for a MIRACLE. I have seen that done in several instances.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by CrazyMan(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2009
And that same bible says do not put the lord your God to test. Its like knowing that a food is poisoned and you go ahead and it because of a particular quote in the bible that says even though thou drinkest any deadly poison, it shall not harm thee. My dear you will die and that would be a foolish death.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Amigoz(f): 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2009
The scenarios Cactus gave has no impact in what the poster is asking

Reason being, poster is AA, Girlfriend is SS,

Their children will be AS , that isnt the issue,

However just as the poster emphasised, the girlfriend being the carrier is d issue and rightfully so,

My thots on this is Poster, empower yourself? speak to medical practitioners, do not let love cloud both of ur judgments, but also understand fully the implication if u decide to go ahead, as crazykid said, there is the huge financial implication, not to talk of emotional stress, or God forbid, loosing her b4 U can enjoy ur married life,

Speak to ppl who are currently in the same boat, Do ur research

All da best.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by oladapsy: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2009
I think if people do not know what they are talking about then they should not post comments,Why would he regret it in the future?What is so expensive about them,what they need is painkillers and how expensive can they be ?there is something to suit everyone's pocket.The only thing is it can be emotionally nerve wracking when they have a crisis. tongue
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by oladapsy: 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2009
crazykid:

I've said this before, and I would continue to say it. You might regret that marriage because of the huge financial expenses you're likely to encounter as a result of her condition.

I think if people do not know what they are talking about then they should not post comments,Why would he regret it in the future?What is so expensive about them,what they need is painkillers and how expensive can they be ?there is something to suit everyone's pocket.The only thing is it can be emotionally nerve wracking when they have a
tongue angry angry
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by CrazyMan(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2009
I can see that those things tormenting you are back.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Chetachuku(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2009
Go ahead if you love her. But be ready to shoulder the responsibilities therein. Your kids will all be AS. Do not think about her death cos even if she is AA, she will still die someday.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by jiro(f): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2009
oladapsy:

I think if people do not know what they are talking about then they should not post comments,Why would he regret it in the future?What is so expensive about them,what they need is painkillers and how expensive can they be ?there is something to suit everyone's pocket.The only thing is it can be emotionally nerve wracking when they have a crisis. tongue

Do you know what you are talking about? it can be dificult financially. It all depends on how sickly the girl in question is. some sicklers have to be hospitalised virtually every month. I had a sickler friend of mine who died because of lack of funds. she fell into crisis was rushed to the hospital and needed blood transfusion there was no available match and no money to buy the blood or even pay the bill. by time the father was able to raise the money for the blood the girl had died. to realease the corps was another issue cause of the outstanding medical bills. even in government hospitals do you know how much antibiotics or a shot of penta goes for? depending on the extent of pains she might have to be given it 4hourly or worse it does nt work for that long and they might have to supplement with a drug like diclophenal. all those cost money.then the nicosan costs about 4000 naira and you take it daily and then you'll probably have to buy it monthly. so it all depends on his income and financial status. A stint in a private hospital could cost about 18,000 assuming she is hospitalised 6 times in the yr thats about a 100,000. tht does not even include normal regular checkups or minor pains.
So it all depends on him. how much does he earn and how much is he willing to sacrifice.
ola get your facts right.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by oladapsy: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2009
jiro:

Do you know what you are talking about? it can be dificult financially. It all depends on how sickly the girl in question is. some sicklers have to be hospitalised virtually every month. I had a sickler friend of mine who died because of lack of funds. she fell into crisis was rushed to the hospital and needed blood transfusion there was no available match and no money to buy the blood or even pay the bill. by time the father was able to raise the money for the blood the girl had died. to realease the corps was another issue cause of the outstanding medical bills. even in government hospitals do you know how much antibiotics or a shot of penta goes for? depending on the extent of pains she might have to be given it 4hourly or worse it does nt work for that long and they might have to supplement with a drug like diclophenal. all those cost money.then the nicosan costs about 4000 naira and you take it daily and then you'll probably have to buy it monthly. so it all depends on his income and financial status. A stint in a private hospital could cost about 18,000 assuming she is hospitalised 6 times in the yr thats about a 100,000. tht does not even include normal regular checkups or minor pains.
So it all depends on him. how much does he earn and how much is he willing to sacrifice.
[/quot

I do know what am talking about I happen to have one on one knowledge about it not all these hearsay you are basing your comments on.Yes Nicosan is expensive and it's still in the[b] 3000 Naira range[/b],but Nicosan is not a cure and there are other herbs way before the discovery of Nicosan that work if you want recommendations let me know,Nicosan was made for the elite who think raw herbs are beneath them ,[b]my opinion[/b]And if an SS know what to do and what not to do then all the crisis is really minimized.An SS patient is not like everyone and should not try to be like everyone so are people with asthma,diabetics ets it can be managed and if you learn how and have family support.We need to go back to our roots and to the basics because they do work. lipsrsealed totally
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2009
jiro:

U've made sense.
However, i've seen lots of SS who don't take any drugs and are doing fine.
Not all gloom and doom
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Czarskit(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2009
Dude! Cari on & Mari ur gal! U nid no advice on dis! Ur kids wil do gr8, so also wil ur marriage. . .
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Czarskit(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2009
Dude! Cari on & Mari ur gal! U nid no advice on dis! Ur kids wil do gr8, so also wil ur marriage. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Looking For Nigerian Onlyfans Model / How To Have Great Sex In The Bathroom - NO 3 Is The Bomb!!! / Save The Vagina (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.