Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February (4619 Views)

Poll: Which Champion wins the first leg?

Inter Milan: 33% (6 votes)
Manchester United: 61% (11 votes)
Draw: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November / Chelsea Vs Fc Internazionale [0 - 1] [Agg: 1 - 3] On Tuesday 16th March / F.C. Internazionale Milano Fans Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Sauron1: 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2009
Akolawole:

@Chac
If United win over the 2 legs, it would not suprise anyone bar JM because Red Devils is probably the best in the world at the moment but football will alays be football.

Thank U.

1) Was it not Rio Ferdinand that was kissing the floor in admiration of Santa Cruz last weekend?

What floor did he kiss?? KitKat was at fault for the goal.
Rio's tackle was legit and was done to force Santa Cruz wide to reduce the angle to aim at into an acute angle.
Had KitKat stood his ground. . . . .Santa Cruz wouldn't be shooting into an open net.
The same Rio was part of a defence that did not concede in 14 league games. Have u heard about that??

2 Was it not a young boy in Mikel that was teaching the Veteran Paul Scholes how to play footie in FA cup final in 2007?

Young boy Mikel teaching Scholes how to play footie?? Where was Mikel in the PFA team of that season??
Afterall, Scholes made it in spite of his old age.
You should worry about Fletcher and Giggs(emergency midfielders) shitting on Ballack and Lampard to beat your team 5-0 3-0
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by tkb417(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2009
Was it not a young boy in Mikel that was teaching the Veteran Paul Scholes how to play footie in FA cup final in 2007?
absolute perfidy!!!

Mikel cant even teach himself anything. Teach Scholes what shocked
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by otumakpo: 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2009
let's see what excuse jose will have today, manutd 4eva, inter 0-2 manutd
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Akolawole(m): 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2009
@TKB

You watch the match?

I can give you a copy of the DVD if you want grin

otumakpo:

let's see what excuse jose will have today, manutd 4eva, inter 0-2 manutd

Is there any coach that does not give excuses?
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Akolawole(m): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by tkb417(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2009
@TKB

You watch the match?

I can give you a copy of the DVD if you want

e be like say u get plenty DVD o grin
na only that part u go see for the game.
typical Chelsea fan
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Grizzly(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2009
Manchester united sarà demolito!! Forza inter! forza jm! Forza ibra!
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by biina: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ sauron
The fact that barca has the best attack does not make them the best team (and I never said they were), and even being the best team doesnt mean you will win all matches. Barca lost to espanyol playing wit 10 men (after a wrongful red card) and conceded a second goal due to a goalkeeping error.

Carrick gets less carded because he is more offensive, and he is not trying as much to win the ball from midfielders. You should read the article you linked to and show me where his defensive abilities are extolled. Even in the national team capello played him along gareth barry because barry is the ball winner. Carrick was bought for over 15M when he couldn't even command a first team shirt for england i.e. over priced. Don't get me wrong, I like carrick, but please dont make the poor guy out to be the player he is not.

Its people who don't know the game that make sweeping statements like 'someone is the best midfielder in the world'. Except for probably the goalkeeper, your performance in any other position is dependent on the system you play in. Particularly in the midfield where different schemes are employed by different teams. Even then, I would still take lampard and gerrard over Carrick in a traditional CM role.

I agree that the tempo of the english game is high, and that is why italian teams typically struggle against them because of pressure on the flanks. English clubs overrun the italians on the flanks and not in the center of the park. The style of play in opposing leagues, along with the form and quality of the teams involved will determine the game. Football is a funny game, and while we can all postulate on the outcome, things don't always follow the playbook.

On queiroz, read a summary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Queiroz
His failure at Madrid was due to lack of control of the dressing room (and not a tactical failure) resulting in a collapse in the final run in of the 3 silverware they were pursuing (and unlike united, madid's mangement have never been patient with a lack of silverware). That is a side of coaching that SAF takes care of and carlos was inexperienced in. If he was a red herring, then why did SAF take him back? Why did SAF kick Keane out in preference to him? Queiroz + SAF is like Rijkaard +Henk ten Cate, its a synergy.

I will not go into a debate about the tactical superiority of capello and lippi to SAF. Check Capello's resume and see his accomplishments. Watch the current english team and see his influence. Agreed, like a typical italian coach, he does not play a fancy style, but his tactical and technical abilities are not in question. For reference, ask Cryuff and the 1993/94 barcelona team. Lippi played three consecutive UCL finals with juventus, and won the world cup.  SAF is good but not that good. Ofcourse we will see how much of a tactical genius SAF is in a few hours.

This kind of discussion has always been my problem with ManU supporters, they are usually more of fans, than lovers of the game. When they win, they are the best club in the world, but when they lose there is always an excuse.  I will be waiting for you after today's game to see if you will be humble in  victory, or be a bad loser like most other united fans.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Sauron1: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ Biina,

I will get back at you later. . . . . .
The game of the season is about to unfold.

Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by aieromon(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2009
guys,its about that time so lets see how my boys will make mince meat of Inter.

all i need is one counter play, shocked
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Grizzly(m): 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2009
This is my prediction.
Ronaldo will dive and get a yellow
Ibra will dive and get a pen.
Berbatov will score an offside goal.
JM will rant and get a red
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by lalaboi(m): 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2009
who thinks man utd is gona win?

i think the winner in this leg will be knocked out in the 2nd leg tongue
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by atiku07(m): 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2009
men this match no dey easy o!!!!!!!!!!!!!! both sides just dey show color shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by tallnaijaf: 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2009
half time
no goals.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Akolawole(m): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2009
@Chac

Where are you?

It seems i am watching Chelsea vs West Brom cry
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Sauron1: 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2009
Akolawole:

@Chac

Where are you?

It seems i am watching Chelsea vs West Brom cry

I am pissed jare. . . .
We didn't make it count. . . . . United shoulda scored AT LEAST 2 goals.
Carrick has dismantled Inter's midfield with good hold-up play and eye of the needle passes. . .

The pass to Giggsy to set him clear on goal was just priceless.
Too bad, that wasn't Rooney through on Inter's goal.
We need at least an away goal.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by tallnaijaf: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2009
Andriano !!!!!!!!! cry
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by abrahym(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
Nice game plan fergie
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Akolawole(m): 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2009
Top game.

United might regret this match if care is not taken
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by tallnaijaf: 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
match over.
no goals.
20 games unbeaten.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by biina: 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2009
Good game.
United failed to capitalize on Rivas errors in the first half. Can't imagine why Jose started Rivas ahead of Cordoba unless he was worried cordoba wouldn't be able to keep pace with rooney/berbatov. Inter came back strong in the second half.
At 0-0, inter has the slight edge going into the second leg given the away goals rule.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Sauron1: 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2009
biina:

At 0-0, inter has the slight edge going into the second leg given the away goals rule.

A team that cannot score on their home ground should forget about scoring AWAY.
Vidic will be back and that means more tightening up.
Advantage United!!!
If u don't believe me, ask Xavi and Messi!!!
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Grizzly(m): 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thats a pretty weak defense if u ask me. . undecided tongue
This is jose mourinho not frank rijkaard.
When you play out a goalless draw in ur home, u have the upper hand going into the second leg
and when u take into consideration both teams are of 'nearly' equal strenght, u'd see inter are better placed

I predict a goalless second leg and shootouts (penalty or guns) grin
or a 0-1 victory for milan. cool
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by A40(m): 11:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Vidic will be back and that means more tightening up.
Advantage United!!!
If u don't believe me, ask Xavi and Messi!!!
Naah!! We didn't score at the Emirates as well last season and where still able to put two past Ac Milan at the San Siro

Inter where poor today though how Utd where not able to win by at least two goals has to be the eight wonder of the world
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Sauron1: 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2009
A-40:

Naah!! We didn't score at the Emirates as well last season and where still able to put two past Ac Milan at the San Siro

Inter where poor today though how Utd where not able to win by at least two goals has to be the eight wonder of the world

No team can beat Man Utd at Old Trafford. . . . .It's about time y'all get that into your greasy heads.
Inter Milan will not score a single goal against a team that has Vidic, Rio and Van Der Sar at OT.
The trio are not just all mouth, no substance. Vidic would put Adriano/Ibracadabra in his pocket.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by A40(m): 12:34am On Feb 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

No team can beat Man Utd at Old Trafford. . . . .It's about time y'all get that into your greasy heads.
Inter Milan will not score a single goal against a team that has Vidic, Rio and Van Der Sar at OT.
The trio are not just all mouth, no substance. Vidic would put Adriano/Ibracadabra in his pocket.
Don't bust a nut just yet!! They don't even need a win to knock y'all out of the competition so you had better look a map!! besides whoever said the goals must come from Zlatan and Adriano? You guys are well and very beatable at OT Italian teams have done it before in case your memory is on a commercial break
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by biina: 1:10am On Feb 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

It was a similar opinion a close friend of mine had in 2000, after united got a draw in the first leg against Real in Madrid. In the return leg, united had a nightmare loss of 2-3 in the theater of dreams (they were actually 0-3 down before scoring 2 late goals).
I agree that the united defense should be much better if vidic and rio play, but man u has to score and win. An early goal from inter and united is in trouble.
The knockout round is usually less about which goals you scored, but more of which goals you conceeded
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by eyonigger(m): 1:20am On Feb 25, 2009
Inter are thrash, Man-U for sure has gone past this knock out stage.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by superstan(m): 1:29am On Feb 25, 2009
in my opinion, man united are clear favorites to progress. they are the champions, they are the better team, they are at home.

bullshit to all this psychology and inter being italian and resolute at old trafford, i don't think they have a chance of preventing man united

from scoring. to put things into perspective~~if man united had inter under the cosh like inter did for 10-15 mins in the second half,they'd

have scored 2-3 goals. coz they have a classier attack and honestly a team with much more quality.

also, man united have the best defence in the world at moment. vidic will be back and i don't see how inter can score away with that front 6!!!

inter are gobshit, old and lack ideas. they cannot beat United at ot.

i think 2-0 or 3-1 at ot for man united will be the 2nd leg result. inter's only chance was to beat a make-shift united defence at home

and they blew their chance today. jose mourinho was clamouring for a vidic's ban to be more than one game because he knows

his chances of winning will be better without the serbian. in fact considering they were the home team they were still second best.

fergie will play 4-4-2 next leg with scholes and carrick in mid-field and rooney up front,

inter won't have a clue how to stop united. serie a is rubbish still, i expect all three italian teams to bow out.
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by Akolawole(m): 3:39am On Feb 25, 2009
@sharoun

Your 2- prediction failed abi?
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by tkb417(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2009
anyone who thinks Inter can get a draw at OT should see a Doctor

The gulf between the two teams is a billion miles.
If you can be outplayed like that, then i dunno how such a team will survive at OT
I think they should ask Roma, Barca and Chelsea how it feels playing at the OT

i said it, Maureen is just filled with dirty antics. Nothing up his sleeves
abeg, did anybody see Zlatan and Maicon?
i tot they were supposed to shred our team in 2 equal halves

buncha noisemakers
abeg gimme Bayern at the Q-finals

my boi CR7 was a dynamite yesterday. so much for the rubbsih big game theory!!
Giggs? sad sad he messed up big time!
Re: UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February by dyabman(m): 9:47am On Feb 25, 2009
tkb417:

anyone who thinks Inter can get a draw at OT should see a Doctor

The gulf between the two teams is a billion miles.
If you can be outplayed like that, then i dunno how such a team will survive at OT
I think they should ask Roma, Barca and Chelsea how it feels playing at the OT

i said it, Maureen is just filled with dirty antics. Nothing up his sleeves
abeg, did anybody see Zlatan and Maicon?
i tot they were supposed to shred our team in 2 equal halves

buncha noisemakers
abeg gimme Bayern at the Q-finals

my boi CR7 was a dynamite yesterday. so much for the rubbsih big game theory!!
Giggs? sad sad he messed up big time!

Have seen one already , Adriano getting the first goal, LOTS OF PRESSURE AT OLD TRAFFORD ,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Sunderland (2-2) ,saturday At 5:30pm / Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans / Check Out Messi's Gigantic Trophy Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.