Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) (18744 Views)

Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / I Need To Purchase A Masters Form From A Reputable Fed Uni. Who Is Selling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 7:43am On Jun 15, 2015
Please help a brother!

This is a case of broad day light robbery

As is a well known fact, Imo State University doesn't have official school hostels; So everyone stays off campus.

I stay in a lodge around aladimma axis (Imsu's backgate)

Since I moved into this place, there has been a fee that's being paid annually. A fee of 1000 (per head). The fee is being collected by one Aladimma student's alliance

Now, let's do a little math.

See, the funny thing is that aladimma is made up of more than 50 hostels with occupants within the range of 300 to 400(some hostels hold up to 900 students).
So, roughly speaking, aladimma has close to or more than 10000 students.

All these students are expected to pay 1000 to an organization that lacks transparency of any sort.
An organization headed by just one person( chosen by a sham election annually).
An organization that has cultists as it's "task force".

Two things raised my eye brows:

1. the manner at which this "fee" is collected and
2. where the funds go to. (Read on, you'll soon find out)

Manner of collection
a) The special "task force" pastes a hand written notice on each hostel's gate notifying the occupants of their will to collect their fee( in the same manner armed robbers paste hand written notes informing a neighborhood of their impending, inevitable doom).

b) two to three days later; as early as 6:00am( sometimes, 5:00am) the hostels are flooded with touts. Slamming people's doors, threatening to break them down, basically, just tossing threats about; in a bid to get the occupant to open the door.

c) if by chance, you have enough balls of steel and don't open, your room is marked for further harassment.

d) if you do open. They request for a proof of payment. When this isn't available at the time of asking, they FORCE their way into your room and stroll away with whatever they feel like; telling you to come and "redeem" it when you're willing to pay.

It doesn't matter if you're male or female, the treatment is the same.

Where the funds go to

Peripherally, I had always wondered where these funds go to. Till I had a chat with a few of my friends over this issue.

They opened my eyes to the past and present presidents of this sham organization.

They've all bought cars! (I don't mean kabu kabu second hand vehicles). I mean TEAR RUBBER cars!

Apparently, these funds are channelled into one _asshole's pocket, who then pays his boys( I'm sure, quite handsomely).

This has got to stop! Please who do I report to? Imo State Uni has got no Student Union Government( Rochas scrapped it last year)

Help! This is broad day light robbery!

17 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by resty4(m): 7:48am On Jun 15, 2015
No sug! Case complicated

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Raymondluv(m): 7:54am On Jun 15, 2015
leave the lounge nd find another

6 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2015
Raymondluv:

That's not possible. Reread what's up there

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 15, 2015
Is there no NANS in IMSU?

4 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2015
barcanista:
Is there no NANS in IMSU?

Rudimentary
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Femiartalade(m): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2015
report to Gej….. next post

4 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Femiartalade(m): 8:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Raymondluv:
it seems you have lack of reading skills…. smh

11 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 8:19am On Jun 15, 2015
Femiartalade:
report to Gej….. next post

It seems you're just here to look for trouble. Abeg carry your wahala to another thread.

Unless you're looking for a lengthy ban

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Femiartalade(m): 8:22am On Jun 15, 2015
imsuboi:

It seems you're just here to look for trouble. Abeg carry your wahala to another thread.

Unless you're looking for a lengthy ban

jesuuuuuuu person no fit follow una play again

na humour na
since my humor dey vex u no vex ooooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Tapout(m): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2015
imsuboi:

they came to collect security levy again?? undecided
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2015
Tapout:

they came to collect security levy again?? undecided

They came to rob again

6 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Tapout(m): 8:38am On Jun 15, 2015
imsuboi:

They came to rob again

na wah o, how can they collect that shi't that twice a year angry angry and hostels are still being robbed

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Tapout:

na wah o, how can they collect that shi't that twice a year angry angry n hostels are still being robbed

Yeah. That's the reason I opened this thread. I'd like to know who to report to.

This is even worse than e-scamming

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by decode55(m): 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
NL sef. This thread is meant to be on Fp; if it's about Tonto's panties now, these mods would have moved it since.

SMH.

8 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Chuksemi(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
The 1000 we pay at IMSU'S front gate is termed welfare dues. Paid to the hostel excos. Haven't witnessed the Frontgate Hostels Alliance doing such here.

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
Na wa oo
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
Chuksemi:
The 1000 we pay at IMSU'S front gate is termed welfare dues. Paid to the hostel excos. Haven't witnessed the Frontgate Hostels Alliance doing such here.

They call this one "Security Levy". Security we no dey see. The same frat boys posing as the task force today would still rob you on the streets tomorrow.

What an irony. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Tbillz(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2015
K
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by niceguy7(m): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2015
SOLDIERS
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Richie0974: 8:58am On Jun 16, 2015
..that's smthn
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Sweetyie(f): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2015
Nawaoo. This can't happen in UNN
U guys should form ur own party since d population in d logde is high. U can call a meeting with all d lodge members and u guys can stand as one to protest dis rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by kekakuz(m): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2015
report?
waste of time
isn't that their way of life
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 16, 2015
Whatever happened to "peaceful protest"

Let me be frank with you brother, there is nothing the school authorities or even the government can do abou this. If u like send a thousand petitions and requests to the school, there isnt much they can do

My advice is to gather some strong men and protest in a peaceful but convincing way. Believe me it works everytime

At least here in lautech.

2 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 16, 2015
@OP, TRY AND GET ATLEAST SMALL SENSE NAA. I EVEN TOT ITS ARMED ROBBERY I WOULD HAVE TELL U TO CALL NIGERIA EMERGENCY NO 112.

ladies check my signature
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by AnodaAccountYOo: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2015
bbm
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by 360ng: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by kay29000(m): 9:00am On Jun 16, 2015
Hmm!
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by desmondDessi(m): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2015
Some Locality eh....
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by lalasticlala(m): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2015
decode55:
NL sef. This thread is meant to be on Fp; if it's about Tonto's panties now, these mods would have moved it since.

SMH.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mountain Top University MEGA Concert (MFM) Eko Hotel (photos) / Bauchi, Borno, Kano Top NECO List Of Exam Malpractice States / A Nairalander And His Friends Giving Back To The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.