Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) (18793 Views)

Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / I Need To Purchase A Masters Form From A Reputable Fed Uni. Who Is Selling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by ultrazone(m): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2015
qhqhhq
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Sijo01(f): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2015
A whole state University have no hostel, unbelievable!

2 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by ujoatu(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2015
imsuboi:
Please help a brother!

This is a case of broad day light robbery

As is a well known fact, Imo State University doesn't have official school hostels; So everyone stays off campus.

I stay in a lodge around aladimma axis (Imsu's backgate)

Since I moved into this place, there has been a fee that's being paid annually. A fee of 1000 (per head). The fee is being collected by one Aladimma student's alliance

Now, let's do a little math.

See, the funny thing is that aladimma is made up of more than 50 hostels with occupants within the range of 300 to 400(some hostels hold up to 900 students).
So, roughly speaking, aladimma has close to or more than 10000 students.

All these students are expected to pay 1000 to an organization that lacks transparency of any sort.
An organization headed by just one person( chosen by a sham election annually).
An organization that has cultists as it's "task force".

Two things raised my eye brows:

1. the manner at which this "fee" is collected and
2. where the funds go to. (Read on, you'll soon find out)

Manner of collection
a) The special "task force" pastes a hand written notice on each hostel's gate notifying the occupants of their will to collect their fee( in the same manner armed robbers paste hand written notes informing a neighborhood of their impending, inevitable doom).

b) two to three days later; as early as 6:00am( sometimes, 5:00am) the hostels are flooded with touts. Slamming people's doors, threatening to break them down, basically, just tossing threats about; in a bid to get the occupant to open the door.

c) if by chance, you have enough balls of steel and don't open, your room is marked for further harassment.

d) if you do open. They request for a proof of payment. When this isn't available at the time of asking, they FORCE their way into your room and stroll away with whatever they feel like; telling you to come and "redeem" it when you're willing to pay.

It doesn't matter if you're male or female, the treatment is the same.

Where the funds go to

Peripherally, I had always wondered where these funds go to. Till I had a chat with a few of my friends over this issue.

They opened my eyes to the past and present presidents of this sham organization.

They've all bought cars! (I don't mean kabu kabu second hand vehicles). I mean TEAR RUBBER cars!

Apparently, these funds are channelled into one _asshole's pocket, who then pays his boys( I'm sure, quite handsomely).

This has got to stop! Please who do I report to? Imo State Uni has got no Student Union Government( Rochas scrapped it last year)

Help! This is broad day light robbery!

Kindly email this to kit.konsulting@gmail.com
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by AnneMomoh: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2015
Tbillz:
K

Kwara?
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by HKhouseofhello: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2015
Tell you a secret, which I won't tell others. I heard a lot of famous stars are carrying House of Hello bags, such as Tong Liya, Gigi Leung and Shu Qi, etc. They do not lack of money, but spoof House of Hello bags are so fashionable, no one can refuse them. It's not a surprise that the stars and popular people like House of Hello bags. What surprise me is why you still don't buy it. Don't you trust me? You can check on the official website 【www.houseofhello.hk】. Believe it or not, I am carrying one. 【Facebook ID:houseofhelloltd Twitter ID:houseofhelloltd】
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by chesterlee(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2015
Change Hostel now....Haba!!
U can get cheaper hostels at Imsu front gate or Orji!!!!
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Vincad: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2015
imsuboi:
Please help a brother!

This is a case of broad day light robbery

As is a well known fact, Imo State University doesn't have official school hostels; So everyone stays off campus.

I stay in a lodge around aladimma axis (Imsu's backgate)

Since I moved into this place, there has been a fee that's being paid annually. A fee of 1000 (per head). The fee is being collected by one Aladimma student's alliance

Now, let's do a little math.

See, the funny thing is that aladimma is made up of more than 50 hostels with occupants within the range of 300 to 400(some hostels hold up to 900 students).
So, roughly speaking, aladimma has close to or more than 10000 students.

All these students are expected to pay 1000 to an organization that lacks transparency of any sort.
An organization headed by just one person( chosen by a sham election annually).
An organization that has cultists as it's "task force".

Two things raised my eye brows:

1. the manner at which this "fee" is collected and
2. where the funds go to. (Read on, you'll soon find out)

Manner of collection
a) The special "task force" pastes a hand written notice on each hostel's gate notifying the occupants of their will to collect their fee( in the same manner armed robbers paste hand written notes informing a neighborhood of their impending, inevitable doom).

b) two to three days later; as early as 6:00am( sometimes, 5:00am) the hostels are flooded with touts. Slamming people's doors, threatening to break them down, basically, just tossing threats about; in a bid to get the occupant to open the door.

c) if by chance, you have enough balls of steel and don't open, your room is marked for further harassment.

d) if you do open. They request for a proof of payment. When this isn't available at the time of asking, they FORCE their way into your room and stroll away with whatever they feel like; telling you to come and "redeem" it when you're willing to pay.

It doesn't matter if you're male or female, the treatment is the same.

Where the funds go to

Peripherally, I had always wondered where these funds go to. Till I had a chat with a few of my friends over this issue.

They opened my eyes to the past and present presidents of this sham organization.

They've all bought cars! (I don't mean kabu kabu second hand vehicles). I mean TEAR RUBBER cars!

Apparently, these funds are channelled into one _asshole's pocket, who then pays his boys( I'm sure, quite handsomely).

This has got to stop! Please who do I report to? Imo State Uni has got no Student Union Government( Rochas scrapped it last year)

Help! This is broad day light robbery!

I also stay at back gate but I only pay security fee to the hostel management and I usually pay when I'm paying my rent.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Dejohnbull: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2015
All the space bookers on this thread......................... Well smh for una
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2015
Me.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Eberex(m): 9:17am On Jun 16, 2015
I've never considered IMSU as a school anyway. My gf and her room mates were robbed just last two weeks by two hefty guys who came to their room with weapons.

Crazy useless and bush school.

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by mployer(m): 9:18am On Jun 16, 2015
If that will keep you safe from the menace of cultism in that area, bro pay and don't ask questions.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by mrkings84(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2015
[quote author=Femiartalade post=34782257]

jesuuuuuuu person no fit follow una play again

na humour na
since my humor dey vex u no vex ooooo
[/quote aha hahahahah chinchohilahamotosuki ..... U just made me laff in Chinese
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2015
Sijo01:
A whole state University have no hostel, unbelievable!
LASU does not have hostels too so its not peculiar to only IMSU.

@Op, so sad this sham is happening in my Alma Mater. I hope the authorities look into it
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Drenix(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2015
Mehn... Na dia way b dat. All dos frat guys wey full front and back gates of imsu. D worst part b say police pipo dey aware of am. Bros abeg save ur head. If I tell u ow dem dey take extort money 4rm student cus of indecent dressing 4 fedpolynekede 2 b precise south african,bros u go jux dey shake ur head.......... May God help us
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Trypa(f): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2015
lalasticlala:
grin

LolZ dis lala na lipsrsealed grin
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2015
Eberex:
I've never considered IMSU as a school anyway. My gf and her room mates were robbed just last two weeks by two hefty guys who came to their room with weapons.

Crazy useless and bush school.
keep quiet! Is IMSU the only school were students are being robbed?

Yeye

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Cuzz: 9:21am On Jun 16, 2015
Very wrong but i think you have to overlook it bcus if the money stops coming,those thieves will come after you student. A fee of 1000 naira a year is not much,not even up to 100 naira a month.
Guy relax and leave them and continue wt ur studies..,4k or 6k in six years will not hinder ur education.

2 Likes

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by missKiffy(f): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2015
Why on earth would a school have no SUG, they are the one in the right position to fight for the students in this instance
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by mrkings84(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2015
Sorry dear, most of the people u could have reported to already have gave their backings to those criminals.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Eberex(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
keep quiet! Is IMSU the only school were students are robbed?

Yeye

IMSU is the only school where more than half of their teaching staff are visiting lecturers from nearby universities. am i wrong?
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by beyoncausme: 9:23am On Jun 16, 2015
I think if those 10000 students can come out as one,match down to school do a peaceful demonstration then sure their plight would be heard.
if nothing is done,then those same students can match down to government house..demand to see the governor surely something would be done swiftly...its just a matter of getting 1press personal (orient tv orr any other),take some short videos of the protest and broadcast about it,also students have the most expensive kinds of smart phones...take videos and make it viral..
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by qtx(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2015
What a frustrating situation you have got there @OP, you may just find a way to get a room far off that place like around egbu road or so bc ur safety is more paramount.

[url]digidats.com[/url]

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2015
Eberex:

IMSU is the only school where more than half of their teaching staff are visiting lecturers from nearby universities. am i wrong?
You're very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Tapout(m): 9:27am On Jun 16, 2015
Vincad:

I also stay at back gate but I only pay security fee to the hostel management and I usually pay when I'm paying my rent.

just few hostels do that
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Tbillz(m): 9:28am On Jun 16, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Kwara?
nope, kwana biyu
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Eberex(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
You're very wrong.

Well maybe my cousin is wrong, but i doubt it. For an engineering student to tell me that, i know its true.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by discusant: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2015
Gov. Okorocha's self-serving character is believed to be why too many students are still massed up in the city of Owerri with three universities and two politechnics in one city alone, with all the ASBOs going with that.

Okorocha is building his private university in his village. He would not allow any other tertiary institution anywhere near his private university. If not, many more parts of Imo state university could have been transfered out of the congested Owerri.

More serious anti social behaviours than this are expected to rock Owerri.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by frisky2good(m): 9:35am On Jun 16, 2015
Due to the peculiar nature of our country, I suggest you just continue paying the money and graduate peacefully. Noone can tell me that those that you can report to do not already know about the robbery but chose to keep quiet. Some get their cut, some benefit through other means (thugs are useful during elections you know) while others just decide to ''leave the boys" to enjoy their lives. Trying to correct some things in Nigeria might lead to untimely death and the most annoying part is that it will continue after one is gone.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by mrkings84(m): 9:35am On Jun 16, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
keep quiet! Is IMSU the only school were students are being robbed?

Yeye

So u are happy these are going on here. A school without SUG, NANS, HOSTELS, SECURITY ETC, that's an illicit institution.
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Decryptor(m): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2015
OP, why are you complaining?

Those are Roch-arse O-Cockroach-a's boys nah.

He is owing Imo State salary for 11 months. How do you think he will pay salaries if not through this medium?

Cc: MzJackbaueress

1 Share

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 16, 2015
Jarizod:
Whatever happened to "peaceful protest"

Let me be frank with you brother, there is nothing the school authorities or even the government can do abou this. If u like send a thousand petitions and requests to the school, there isnt much they can do

My advice is to gather some strong men and protest in a peaceful but convincing way. Believe me it works everytime

At least here in lautech.
guy dis men ur protestin against r nt jew men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proprietress Accused Of Unleashing Her Dog On Her Bursar In Edo (Photos) / Easy Way To Find The Square Of Number Between 1-100 By Heart / New University In Okitipupa ( Ondo State University Of Technology)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.