Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) (18797 Views)

Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / I Need To Purchase A Masters Form From A Reputable Fed Uni. Who Is Selling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by imsuboi(m): 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
ofoneduj:
This is not happening in backgate,
please

Shut up. What do you know?
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by chaxking(m): 12:19am On Jun 18, 2015
imsuboi:

Thanks
u wlx fam
Re: Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) by sixtus3606(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
imsuboi:
Please help a brother!

This is a case of broad day light robbery

As is a well known fact, Imo State University doesn't have official school hostels; So everyone stays off campus.

I stay in a lodge around aladimma axis (Imsu's backgate)

Since I moved into this place, there has been a fee that's being paid annually. A fee of 1000 (per head). The fee is being collected by one Aladimma student's alliance

Now, let's do a little math.

See, the funny thing is that aladimma is made up of more than 50 hostels with occupants within the range of 300 to 400(some hostels hold up to 900 students).
So, roughly speaking, aladimma has close to or more than 10000 students.

All these students are expected to pay 1000 to an organization that lacks transparency of any sort.
An organization headed by just one person( chosen by a sham election annually).
An organization that has cultists as it's "task force".

Two things raised my eye brows:

1. the manner at which this "fee" is collected and
2. where the funds go to. (Read on, you'll soon find out)

Manner of collection
a) The special "task force" pastes a hand written notice on each hostel's gate notifying the occupants of their will to collect their fee( in the same manner armed robbers paste hand written notes informing a neighborhood of their impending, inevitable doom).

b) two to three days later; as early as 6:00am( sometimes, 5:00am) the hostels are flooded with touts. Slamming people's doors, threatening to break them down, basically, just tossing threats about; in a bid to get the occupant to open the door.

c) if by chance, you have enough balls of steel and don't open, your room is marked for further harassment.

d) if you do open. They request for a proof of payment. When this isn't available at the time of asking, they FORCE their way into your room and stroll away with whatever they feel like; telling you to come and "redeem" it when you're willing to pay.

It doesn't matter if you're male or female, the treatment is the same.

Where the funds go to

Peripherally, I had always wondered where these funds go to. Till I had a chat with a few of my friends over this issue.

They opened my eyes to the past and present presidents of this sham organization.

They've all bought cars! (I don't mean kabu kabu second hand vehicles). I mean TEAR RUBBER cars!

Apparently, these funds are channelled into one _asshole's pocket, who then pays his boys( I'm sure, quite handsomely).

This has got to stop! Please who do I report to? Imo State Uni has got no Student Union Government( Rochas scrapped it last year)

Help! This is broad day light robbery!

That's 10million anually oooOo!!!
Diaris god ooOo!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proprietress Accused Of Unleashing Her Dog On Her Bursar In Edo (Photos) / Easy Way To Find The Square Of Number Between 1-100 By Heart / New University In Okitipupa ( Ondo State University Of Technology)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.