Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? (4036 Views)

Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) / Nigerian Navy To Use 'made In Aba' Shoes, Uniforms / Nigerian Navy Annual Fleet Review Held In Sea (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by donaro4u: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2015
Nigeria won't just stop surprising its vibrant youth population. Everywhere in the world, serving ones country via the military has always been about passion and selflessness, but here in Nigeria, it has constantly been a thing of either connection or luck before one gets the opportunity. Given the many security challenges Nigeria face in this period of insurgency,crude oil theft etc. The Nigerian Navy has seriously cut short the dreams of thousands of young Nigerians who dream of nothing else but service to father-land through the military by opening the DSSC programme to only Graduates with 2:1(Second Class Upper). In my own opinion I think this decision should be reversed to accommodate more Nigerians who are graduates with the passion to serve. Come to think of it, if most of the Second Class Upper Division Graduates go into the military, some schools of thought will posit that they only do that due to the chronic unemployment that has enveloped our dear country. I hereby appeal once again to the Navy High Command, the Presidency, the Senate, the House of Reps and other well meaning agency of governments to do something about this issue.

Emmanuel Okoror
Serving Corp Member(Enugu State)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 15, 2015
When your mates who graduate with first class and second class upper where reading their books you where forming campus superstar.

Tomorrow people like you will claim mediocrity in govt places but here you are demanding the bar be lowered.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by donaro4u: 10:32am On Jun 15, 2015
My Brother! My Post isn't for me as a person but for a large section of graduates in this country. Am only saying the truth as it is, becos the marginalisation is too much when it comes to employment in the County. Note: I made a 2:1 (Second Class Upper) in school, as against what u think.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:32am On Jun 15, 2015
[quote author=BackDatAssUp post=34785751]When your mates who graduate with first class and second class upper where reading their books you where forming campus superstar.

Tomorrow people like you will claim mediocrity in govt places but here you are demanding the bar be lowered.

[/quote

Na wa for u oh...i dnt expect such a comment frm a sensible individual
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Ukeachu1(m): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
When your mates who graduate with first class and second class upper where reading their books you where forming campus superstar.

ur statement is not always tru sir... many tins cud have caused graduatin wit a 2.2
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2015
Ukeachu1:

ur statement is not always tru sir... many tins cud have caused graduatin wit a 2.2

Whatever the case you still did not make the cut.

There is a reason higher education is considered a discipline.

You were expected to manage your time and resources towards achieving a degree.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by donaro4u: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2015
@BackDatAssUp:....what are u even saying? Is 2:2 not a degree again? Or is it not gotten from higher education Ur take on these issues really amazes me. Abi 2:2 na Secondary education dem dey get am ni?
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by idupaul: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Another stupid Nigerian.. People like you with your one way thinking are the reason why Africa is messed up.. And please know I finished with a 2:1

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by drtwist(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

I don't want to believe you graduated with 2:1 because your English is still like that of pass .
Personally I'm a living testimony to reading and graduating with less grade. After my project I compute my CGPA to be 4:14 but my school leta gave me 3:83 ESUT. now imagine if Initially was within the range of 3:6-3:7 and that kind of incident happen .
Also most students back then didn't make 2:1 not because they don't read hard but because of hard luck my close friend Johnson uwale is a victim. As an Engineering students johnson stand tall ahead of me when it comes to what we possess upstairs but he end up leaving school with 2:2.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Ukeachu1(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

abeg oo...I made both d cut and d court...just tellin u wats obtainable
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2015
Ukeachu1:

abeg oo...I made both d cut and d court...just tellin u wats obtainable

Then why are you soliciting for those that didn't?

You should be grateful and glad that there is a body like the Nigerian Navy that has put academic excellence above every other consideration.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Ukeachu1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

You should be grateful and glad that there is a body like the Nigerian Navy that has put academic excellence above every other consideration.

cos I had really brilliant and hardworkin friends dat carry about a 2.2 result

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Ukeachu1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

cos I have really brilliant and hardworkin friends dat carry about a 2.2 result
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Firmjudge(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
Baddass... Dont be a brute its your type that often times claim a grade you cant even defend.

i graduated with a 2:2 and i am proud.

i tell you none of my friends could stand me in programming et el i was literaly the public figure of my class then.

Now am the boss in what i do..

Stop looking down on people, i wonder how you will feel getting a job @ the company of a 2:2 graduate.

Stop discriminating, it only makes you looks stupfp *no insults intended*

but you just wait till pips including those who grad with 1st class start bombarding you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by huptin(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
drtwist:

I don't want to believe you graduated with 2:1 because your English is still like that of pass .
Personally I'm a living testimony to reading and graduating with less grade. After my project I compute my CGPA to be 4:14 but my school leta gave me 3:83 ESUT. now imagine if Initially was within the range of 3:6-3:7 and that kind of incident happen .
Also most students back then didn't make 2:1 not because they don't read hard but because of hard luck my close friend Johnson uwale is a victim. As an Engineering students johnson stand tall ahead of me when it comes to what we possess upstairs but he end up leaving school with 2:2.

Your grammar fails miserably to corroborate the above assertion sir.....Too many Gbagauns.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by peleson: 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Keep shut! It is grade and it is part of the system
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ukeachu1:

cos I have really brilliant and hardworkin friends dat carry about a 2.2 result

Then they should know that the Nigerian Navy is not the only employer of labour and thus should put their "brilliant" brains to work looking for another place of work or business to do.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Firmjudge(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

kai, i pity your children.

Pray they dont become victims of circumstance in school maybe then you will change your approach towards 2:2 below.

I practically see nothing wrong with pips who grad with such grad.

Infact in my company we accept all grads.
As far as you know wat to do.

You reasoning is disturbing.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Ukeachu1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Then they should know that the Nigerian Navy is not the only employer of labour and thus should put their "brilliant" brains to work looking for another place of work or business to do.

if ur denied servin in d military for thiss which other employer of labour go tske u. smh
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ukeachu1:

if ur denied servin in d military for thiss which other employer of labour go tske u. smh

The Nigerian Navy has always put academic excellence as top priority.

Try and secure a place with the Civil Defense, that is where all the 3rd class materials end up.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
Firmjudge:

kai, i pity your children.

Pray they dont become victims of circumstance in school maybe then you will change your approach towards 2:2 below.

I practically see nothing wrong with pips who grad with such grad.

Infact in my company we accept all grads.
As far as you know wat to do.

You reasoning is disturbing.

Another Pleb posting rubish.

Am I the one who set the criteria for employment for the Nigerian Navy?

You keep blaming others for your own failures.

The Nigerian Navy has set their minimum recruitment standard.

Take your 3rd tier qualification to the Nigerian Civil Defense.

I hear that is where all the below average degree holders end up doing nothing but wait their turn to play Solitaire on the the only Computer in their office.
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by drtwist(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
huptin:

Your grammar fails miserably to corroborate the above assertion sir.....Too many Gbagauns.
Point them out
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by SolomonAdeola: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

ur statement lacks life and am beginning to doubt if u actually completed primary sch
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
SolomonAdeola:

ur statement lacks life and am beginning to doubt if u actually completed primary sch

See another dunce
Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by porshuch: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
i don't know why esut finds it difficult give 2.1,thanks to my m.sc o.
drtwist:

Re: Nigerian Navy DSSC: Why The Discrimination Against 2:2 Graduates? by Olidan1990: 3:50am On Dec 26, 2022

It's not what you think my brother, the truth is that the country Nigeria is full of fake citizens, fake lifestyle, and low moral standard people.
The Best set of students in school are student with A1, 2:1, 2:2 & 3rd class of degree, but in most cases 2:2 class of degree is the best of it all; intense of everything.
* Proved:
1. Nigeria Army is the 1st and best of it kinds, which set it standard for DSSC from 2:2 and above.
2. In the God head (Trinity) as a Christian, Jesus Christ is the second in command, and He do a marvelous work in history of divinity.
3. Most private Agency and government Agency is been handled and managed properly by 2:2 graduate. Reason been that 1st class & 2nd class graduate are full of pride so they hardly get job; so this common language we can not be able to pay you is been us to send them away.
In most learning institutions today, most of the 2:1 students and some of the 1st class student are not real/genuine, but fake and manipulated. That's why in Nigeria today instead of going forward we are going backward everyday, because we have a lot of 1st class and 2nd class upper division students that cannot prove their result, but rather boasting and bragging showcasing their result up and down in search of job.
But one thing you should know/understand is that Every man born of a woman have a destiny to fulfil, and for that reason the earth/universe has been programmed for man to fit in; according to plan and purpose of God concerning every man created by Him, but not according to certificate/grade given by man.
That's why the Bible said "comparing their self by themselves are not wise", because the ways of God are not the ways of men.
The problem of a man lies in between " Ignorant and Choice".
* Ignorant is one of the powerful key behind failure.
* Why the Choice we make today, determined how far we can go in life.
This two key point play a major role in our life both while in school and even after graduation.
Point 1: Ignorant.
Many student in school are Ignorant about God plans and purpose for their life & career's. This make so many student to go on their own permissive will instead of God perfect divine will.
If you look very carefully; in our school today from secondary schools to tertiary institutions, many student have result that they can not defend (fake result everywhere), all in the name of fair of failure for today and having a good job in the future, thinking that result without God approval will make their dreams come through (permissive will of man), but the answer is wasted efforts.
Because of permissive will of man, so many conscience and moral ethics is dead. For that; Some used money to buy their grades & result, others don't read to understand any more; but only crammed & pour during exams, others involved in exam malpractice, while some gave out their bodies to immorality & other kinds of immoral act; endangering the country and forgotten that God has already made provision for their future.
Before you made that 1st class, 2:1/2:2, 3rd class or even pass, God has already make provision for your tomorrow. Only few that understand this divine will and provisions of God have a settled life and career today. Without God intervention, your result and your grade from school are all useless.
*Ignorant will make you suffer so many things in life; & also make you loose fucose in life concerning God plans and purpose for your life.
Seek God for direction as a believer of Christ, because the result and grade you graduated with from your school is a raw material for processing.
Note: nothing from God and hard work that's a waste, don't forget.
Point 2: Choice.
Any graduating student that you see with any class of degree or even pass today, put on his possible best to become that successful graduate, he or she make that choice. Those students that are not serious with their study are mostly or most of the time expelled from the school.
Remember that God did not make anybody dormant, but only the wickedness of man created that chance of possibility for one to be slow in learning, that is why we have some today in our midst because they don't have the means to learned/ no quality education provisions for them/given to them right from their early stage, but with that they still have their space in the institutions of learning, because school is a place of learning; there is room for improvement, and there is a possibility of a dormant today to became brilliant tomorrow.
A many that don't have fear of God can do anything possible in school to graduate with 1st class or 2nd class upper not minding what tomorrow will bring because people believed that only those that graduated with 1st class and 2nd class upper that are best students forgotten that the best of it all is the 2:2.
If you are class room teacher or a lecturer you will understand what I'm saying and where I'm going.
Outside everything, truly we need to looked into issues like: age limit and class of degree affecting graduate in Nigerian society, is the country working with the above condition given so far.
The problem of age limit and class of degree have to be considered in Nigeria.
Bad leadership/government, corruption, selfishness, and wickedness make Nigeria to be filled up with a lot of unemployed youth today.
Hunger in the country has increase the rate of crimes in the society, no productivity in Nigeria; even the so called professors has nothing to offer or to show again than a bunched of a paper work (copy & past).
Everybody in Nigeria is hungry looking for a means of surviver to day, because we all have a low sense of reasoning, we are not thinking straight forward any longer.
We all have to wake-up and change the system of education/government in Nigeria.
The system of education that Nigeria is practicing is an outdated system that can not take us to anywhere, is also a big problem to Nigeria economy and development, and is dangerous and harmful to Nigeria citizens and system of government.
The system of education in Nigeria need to be review because is not working in this our generation again, it only works in the 70s & 80s long ago, but not now. Nigeria need to upgrade it system of education and standard, in order to fit in to the world class.
Don't Bragg or boast of anything you have, or who you are today, is all God plans and purpose fulfilment in your life.

(1) (Reply)

The US Just Challenged China In The South China Sea And… Nothing Happened / What's The Solution To The Present Economy situation Of Nigeria / Big Fraud In Buhari's 2017 National Budget Exposed...see Shocking Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.