Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,228 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible (4265 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Is Blessed Virgin Mary In A Position Of Heavenly Powers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
JUDGES 5 vs 24 - Blessed above women shall Jael the Kenite be. Blessed shall she be above women (virgin mary included) we can now see that if mary is greater according to the catholics she should have been honoured in the O.T.

In the new testament, we see in luke 11 vs 28 that a catholic woman approached the Lord and blessed The Virgin Mary but Jesus said well its alright but sorry rather blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it , which means that FrancisTony, damerry, SalC, ubenedictus, Macelliot, italo, woky or Syncan, Babestell, Kamsi10. If all these die hard catholics that i have mention. If they hear the word of God and Keep it and do it they are more blessed and greater than the Virgin Mary.
Amen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Truth24(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
U no get work

1 Like

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
JUDGES 5 vs 24 - Blessed above women shall Jael the Kenite be. Blessed shall she be above women (virgin mary included) we can now see that if mary is greater according to the catholics she should have been honoured in the O.T.
Mary existed in new testament not old testament hence wasn't mentioned there.

ProphetUdeme:
In the new testament, we see in luke 11 vs 28 that a catholic woman approached the Lord and blessed The Virgin Mary but Jesus said well its alright but sorry rather blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it , which means that FrancisTony, damerry, SalC, ubenedictus, Macelliot, italo, woky or Syncan, Babestell, Kamsi10. If all these die hard catholics that i have mention. If they hear the word of God and Keep it and do it they are more blessed and greater than the Virgin Mary.
Amen
Luke1:28

And having come in, the angel said to her, Rejoice, highly favoured one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women.

Luke1:41 - 43

41. And it happened when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy spirit.

42 Then she spoke out with loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!

43. "But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

^^She wasn't worthy to receive the Mother of her Lord. Mind you, Elizabeth is/was Mary's elder cousin.

Luke1:48

For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.

7 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by btoks: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
Clutching at tiny straws to downplay the role of the Blessed virgin Mary!!As Truth24 said,you no get work.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
FrancisTony:

Mary existed in new testament not old testament hence wasn't mentioned there.

the old testament prophesied about Jesus, the same old testament also prophesied about john the baptist but how come about mary even if she didnt exist yet, at least the Scripture could have foretold about her coming.

:

Luke1:28 blessed are you AMONG women.
blessed are you AMONG women but in the book of judges it says blessed is Jael ABOVE women. Here you can see the differences between the two phrases AMONG & ABOVE Virgin Mary is among the blessed women while Jael is above the blessed women

:

Luke1:48

For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
luke 11 vs 28 - Jesus replies FrancisTony and says " yes but rather blessed are those that hear the word of God and keep it. I hope you understand me. If you still have problems you can call your colleagues to come and assist you with the contest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by herald9: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme has some points there...

But these blind, hypocritical Catholics will do anything to defend their ignorance...

Hell Mary!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
herald9:

But these blind, hypocritical Catholics will do anything to defend their ignorance...

they have been blinded by their popes, priest and reverend fathers. But i thought you were a catholic at first?
herald9:
Hell Mary!
lolest
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by herald9: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
they have been blinded by their popes, priest and reverend fathers. But i thought you were a catholic at first?
lolest
I've never been a catholic and will never be...

1 Like

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Jeromejnr(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

the old testament prophesied about Jesus, the same old testament also prophesied about john the baptist but how come about mary even if she didnt exist yet, at least the Scripture could have foretold about her coming.

blessed are you AMONG women but in the book of judges it says blessed is Jael ABOVE women. Here you can see the differences between the two phrases AMONG & ABOVE Virgin Mary is among the blessed women while Jael is above the blessed women

luke 11 vs 28 - Jesus replies FrancisTony and says " yes but rather blessed are those that hear the word of God and keep it. I hope you understand me. If you still have problems you can call your colleagues to come and assist you with the contest.

I love your reply here man.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by macof(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
Look at iidiots disturbing themselves over Jewish ancestors

Please how many of the women in the history of your ethnicity do you know by name?

3 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

Isaiah7:14

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

Matthew 1:23

"The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"wink.

ProphetUdeme:
What about Elizabeth's statement when she was filled with holy spirit?
Mind you, holyspirit overshadowed her and she still made the statement, "Why is it granted to me?" meaning she isn't/wasn't worthy to receive the Mother of her Lord.

ProphetUdeme:
I have no problem with that.

Blessed is to everyone that hears God's words but ALL generation shall call her blessed because the Mighty Lord has done great thing to her including Abraham, Jael et al.

Next?

5 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
macof:
Look at iidiots disturbing themselves over Jewish ancestors

Please how many of the women in the history of your ethnicity do you know by name?
Great Princess Moremi and Queen Idia. gringrin

Though i'm not Yoruba but I seem to know their culture more than mine.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by vest(m): 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
herald9:
what are u
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by vest(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
why did bible called jael "most blessed" amongs women? Vs 25-30 answered it. I can't still understand hw someone will compare jael with the mother jesus christ whom is God!!!!!!!!!!

Am still wetin when you will be d 1 mking d claim to be greater than her.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by btoks: 1:07am On Jun 16, 2015
herald9:

You'll be surprised at how many people(especially pastors) have said this but ended up becoming catholic after learning the fullness of truth. E.g.Scott Hahn, Tim Staples.
please check out this link: http://chnetwork.org/category/conversion-stories/by-name/

God bless
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by herald9: 4:12am On Jun 16, 2015
btoks:
You'll be surprised at how many people(especially pastors) have said this but ended up becoming catholic after learning the fullness of truth. E.g.Scott Hahn, Tim Staples.
please check out this link: http://chnetwork.org/category/conversion-stories/by-name/

God bless
What truth?

Maybe you should know it's not everyone that is searching for the truth through religion...

So becoming a catholic or protestant is out of the question.

Amen.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by herald9: 4:24am On Jun 16, 2015
vest:
what are u
Uhm, maybe I'm a robot.

Didn't know when they started defining existence through the two factions of Christianity.

And unfortunately, I don't belong to any.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 16, 2015
herald9:

Uhm, maybe I'm a robot.

Didn't know when they started defining existence through the two factions of Christianity.

And unfortunately, I don't belong to any.
Or maybe you are a bigot?
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by herald9: 6:46am On Jun 16, 2015
Papist:
Or maybe you are a bigot?
Your definition of a bigot- A person who's trying to bring sanity to the insane?
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Syncan(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

Amen

Wow! I just saw this. So the OP, in your haste to post and tag "the children of the woman" Rev 12:17. You forgot to read very well. How come you read Judges 5:23 "Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent", yet you didn't see the scripture making it clear above who jael is blessed. The thing is like my saying "Okocha is the greatest player, the greatest player in super eagles". Now how does this affect Pele's claim to greatest player in the world? The angel came straight from God, he came to speak God's mind, stop fighting the Woman and her Children. Rev. 12:17

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2015
Sycan just nailed it. Judges5v24-the most fortunate of women is Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite- the most fortunate of women who live in "tents" . So word of advice, before u quote a scripture, read the whole content and understand the context for which it is used.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by tommysparks: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2015
herald9:

Hell Mary!
did you just say hell Mary? May God forgive you for I don't think you are a Christian at all not even a Muslim will use such a derogatory word on the mother of Jesus christ. May God have mercy in your soul
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2015
Syncan:

Wow! I just saw this. So the OP, in your haste to post and tag "the children of the woman" Rev 12:17. You forgot to read very well. How come you read Judges 5:23 "Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent", yet you didn't see the scripture making it clear above who jael is blessed. The thing is like my saying "Okocha is the greatest player, the greatest player in super eagles". Now how does this affect Pele's claim to greatest player in the world? The angel came straight from God, he came to speak God's mind, stop fighting the Woman and her Children. Rev. 12:17
mary also dwelt in the tent and she have birth to Jesus in the inn for even the bible said she was poor and thats why She praised God that He hath filled the poor with goods but the rich He sent away empty.
revelation 12 vs 17 - and the dragon was wroth with the woman and he went to make war with the remnant of her seed which keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Galatians 4 vs 26 - Jerusalem above is free for She is the Mother of us all. So you can see clearly that the dragon was wroth with the woman who was Jerusalem and not mary as francisTony puts it. Every blessed children of God who have received salvation are now born of the Spirit and placed in Jerusalem. And the dragon is wroth and wants to destroy Jerusalem by all means but since he couldnt he now went to make war with the saints (saved protestants only) who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. The children of the woman has refered in the scriptures above are the saved protestants who are sanctified in the faith and keep God's words and not the catholics.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Syncan(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
mary also dwelt in the tent and she have birth to Jesus in the inn for even the bible said she was poor and thats why She praised God that He hath filled the poor with goods but the rich He sent away empty.
revelation 12 vs 17 - and the dragon was wroth with the woman and he yen to make war with the remnant of her seed which keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Galatians 4 vs 26 - Jerusalem above is free for She is the Mother of us all. So you can see clearly that the dragon was wroth with the woman who was Jerusalem and not mary as francisTony puts it. Every blessed children of God who have received salvation are now born of the Spirit and placed in Jerusalem. And the dragon is wroth and wants to destroy Jerusalem by all means but since he couldnt he now went to make war with the saints (saved protestants only) who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. The children of the woman has refered in the scriptures above are the saved protestants who are sanctified in the faith and keep God's words and not the catholics.

Take a look at the bold, please support that with scripture. When you start to accept truth as you see it, your understanding of scripture will broaden. I just used a simple illustration to show you something, not every praise has generational reach. Not every communication is a prophecy, that's what you need to know, just remove bias from your mind and it will be enlightened. Seek heaven while acquiring knowledge about God, instead of seeking to prove the church wrong. When you have question, ask for clarification and not ask to deride. What I pointed out is clear, if you want to continue arguing without making sense, ok. If you want to move to another difficult passage for your clarification, fine. May Divine light guide your path.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Syncan(m): 10:32am On Jun 16, 2015
judity:
Sycan just nailed it. Judges5v24-the most fortunate of women is Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite- the most fortunate of women who live in "tents" . So word of advice, before u quote a scripture, read the whole content and understand the context for which it is used.

God bless you.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by vest(m): 10:37am On Jun 16, 2015
Syncan:

am jst smiling
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 16, 2015
Syncan:

Now it's getting interesting smiley
I'm enjoying this
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by herald9: 11:46am On Jun 16, 2015
tommysparks:
did you just say hell Mary? May God forgive you for I don't think you are a Christian at all not even a Muslim will use such a derogatory word on the mother of Jesus christ. May God have mercy in your soul

Even his son didn't give her any special treatment while he was alive.

Its just Catholics who are looking for what to worship that like bestowing celestial positions to whom they deem fit.

If you research the bible properly from the old testament, you'll see that god rarely used women, and all the major acts where men. To the old testament, a woman was just a subset and therefore had relatively little or no importance.

Fastforwad to the new testament, how many of Jesus' disciples where females? How many of the women were made apostles?

If you didn't know the Jews were terrible misogynists, now you know.

If you relate it to the story of Mary, you'll see why she doesn't deserve that type of exaltation and You're going against the cultures and traditions of the Jews- who are your masters.

AND YOUR MAIN LOGIC HERE IS:

GOD MADE THE TREE,
IF I WORSHIP THE TREE,
THEREFORE I'M WORSHIPPING GOD......
Is that right?

Well, I'm not disrespecting her, I'm just substituting 'hail' for 'hell'.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Scholar8200(m): 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
Alright. The book of Acts shows us how the church started and thankfully, Mary was one of the disciples that waited at the upper room and was baptised with the Holy Spirit.

How come there was no hint of recognition given to her in all the activities in the Acts of the Apostles, nor in the epistles of the apostles?

Even Peter (who you say was a pope) in his two epistles gave not even a faint/disguised allusion to the exaltation of Mary?

Neither did John (called the apostle of Love) to whom the care of Mary was committed, in his three epistles give an implied/express reference to her as being worthy of adoration?

Even angels in Heaven reject man's adoration then whence this strange perspective of Mary held by the RCC?

The only angel who wanted man's worship was cast out and somehow today,he gets it when men worship/ adore with reverence, another human personality!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Syncan(m): 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
vest:
am jst smiling

It looks good on you bro, spread the smile. Na God win. cheesy
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Syncan(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Kizmarty:

Now it's getting interesting smiley
I'm enjoying this

Just watch as the accusers avoid the truth laid bare, and jump to another allegation.
Re: Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
Syncan:

Just watch as the accusers avoid the truth laid bare, and jump to another allegation.

see me see wahala oo
I'm innocent biko nu cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rape: Five Causes Of Rape And How To Prevent It / Ifa Of The Year 2009/2010 Cast At Oke Itase / Tb Joshua Is A Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.