Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education (3678 Views)

ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education / Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? / Download National Policy On Education – 6th Edition (2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education by Seuncoded(f): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
The prevalence of technology drastically affects many areas of societyin positive ways, including education.

Modern-day students not only have computers to help them with their schoolwork, they also use the Internet for research while teachers use technology to enhance their lessons.

Research
If a school's library is outdated or lacking in a selection of titles, a student might find it difficult to compile the necessary research for an essay or research paper.

As long as the school has a computer lab, students are able to use the Internet and digital encyclopedias to obtain the research they need.

While students should be wary of the legitimacy of some of the content they read online, many schools use software like the Encyclopedia Britannica to help students do research.

Globalization
When schools in different parts of the state, country or world connect, students can "meet" their counterparts through video conferencing without leaving the classroom.

Some sites, such as Glovico, are used to help students learn foreign languages online by pairing a group of students with a teacher from another country.

Education Games
In younger grades, teachers expose children to computers through educational games.

Instead of playing board games that focus on education, students can learn the basics of spelling, counting and other early educational lessons through computer games that make learning fun.

Because many schools have at least one computer in each classroom, the teacher can make that computer a vital part of learning for young students.

Distance Education
In the past, students could take distance or continuing education classes, also called "correspondence courses," at community colleges and universities.

After enrolling in a course of this style, a student would receive course documents in the mail and would be required to mail assignments to his teacher at the educational institution.

The process could be long and complicated.

Thanks to technology, continuing education students can take courses over the Internet at their convenience

Web Seminars
Not every school has the resources andbudget to send its students on field trips related to the course of study. When this is the case, the students' education can suffer.

But thanks to technology, students can use the Internet to virtually attend Web seminars put on by museums and other educational institutions. NASA, for instance, offers a program that allows students to talk to astronauts in space

http://www.ngschoolportal.com/2015/06/five-positive-effects-of-technology-on.html?m=1
Re: Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education by iseeicome: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
The effects of computer on accountants in Nigeria
There has been a lot of observations and comments on the effect of computer as it relates to the accounting profession in Nigeria. According to professor Longe “Computers are being used to assist in the management of major areas of the computers are under utilized and in several areas the uses are yet rudimentary”.
http://articlesng.com/effects-computer-accounting-profession/
Re: Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education by khurumqadeer: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
Well! Muslims get a chance to take after the Sharia and jump at the chance to go through the entire time on earth appropriately to get joy of the God. At the point when God concur with somebody then its mean he is the most fortunate individual in this world and after death also. Then again, I require real information about aussiewritingreviews.com yet here one point I should clear this site is contain distinctive more valuable articles.
Re: Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education by Ademat7(m): 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nice article,but cost of unlimited data plan is a big issue in our country
Re: Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education by CodeTemplar: 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
Technology is good overall but opens door for evil also.
Re: Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education by HeleMoanna: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
The result of many years of work of a person who has devoted his life to science most often is the writing of a dissertation. This is a very long and painstaking work, which requires a lot of attention and a serious approach. Since here you need to be very careful about every little thing. But no matter how hard a person works, for some reason he may not be able to write this work on his own. In this case, you need a dissertation on order - professional summary maker. These are experts in writing scientific work with many years of experience.
Re: Five Positive Effects Of Technology On Education by cristigreen: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
Hello, everyone! It's very useful information! Thanks! Nowadays, there are a lot of services that help students with writing essays, term papers, dissertations. I once turned to essay service for finance assignment help, where I received highly qualified assistance in writing coursework. Thanks to the experts, I didn't have to blush for my work in front of the teacher.

(1) (Reply)

Is This True About Private Xtian Universities Girls? / Deeper Life's Pastor Kumuyi Builds N1b Anchor University Campus / 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.