Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? (4796 Views)

5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria / Drunk Driver Crashes Employer's Mercedes-benz SUV Into 4 Parked Cars In Lagos / Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by Niyisob15(m): 12:33am On Jun 16, 2015
Hi guys.

I started a car cleaning business which has recently grown into a property cleaning service. But it baffled me that in nigeria we use detergents like klin, omo etc to wash cars in that heat.
It's only recently that better informed car washes are now developing the appropriate type of car shampoo.

The issue with using detergent is that detergent natural removed colour. We can all identify with that, when we clean our new jeans with klim and we see the colour washing off. Of course the quality of the cloth matters here too.

This colour erosion happens with cars too especially if the soap is left for too long and allowed to dry. The sun amplifies the chemical reaction and over time the quality of the pain will reduce. However metallic paints don't come off as quickly.

This is my very first post on here. I hope next time when it comes to cleaning your car, you will ask the car wash what they are using to clean the car then you make informed decision afterwards.

Www.greenheartwash.co.uk
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by ladyteska(f): 12:38am On Jun 16, 2015
omo is cheap,produces much foam

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by ArchEnemy(m): 1:11am On Jun 16, 2015
Ignorance is another factor
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by Niyisob15(m): 8:09am On Jun 16, 2015
That's true. Even I did it for many years. But the same ignorance affects other issues to do with maintenance, proper use of systems etc. God help us.
ArchEnemy:
Ignorance is another factor

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by Whizpeter(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
I dont use Klin and Omo... . . . . . . . . . . I use ARIEL

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
The question is the quantity of omo/detergent per litre of water. You will have issues if your concentration is too much.
Even when you use shampoo, if you allow the solution to begin to dry before rinsing off, you are still ruining your vehicle's paint.
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by Raymie(m): 10:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
Car washes these days are just liquid detergent. Personally, irrespective of the detergent used, I'd rather we wash our cars early morning or evening when the weather is not hot. Rinse/douse with water immediately after.
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by billy187(m): 6:51am On Jun 19, 2015
Most detergents like OMO...etc are pretty harsh on the car's paint. I have since been using plain water to wipe mine up for 3 years and i still see my scary face peering back at me through the bodywork! grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 1:08pm On May 18, 2018
I dont use any detergent. I only use soft cloth and water. If its dust i use 1 bucket of water and i drive a really big car
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:47pm On May 18, 2018
gonkin:
I dont use any detergent. I only use soft cloth and water. If its dust i use 1 bucket of water and i drive a really big car

works pretty well if u know what u r doing
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

works pretty well if u know what u r doing

Yes ooo the paint is still very sharp even after 2 years. I clean once or twice a week.
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by Shugarlord213: 10:20pm On May 18, 2018
I drive a black painted car and I use detergent to wash my car.

Well I always respray every 7 months

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by billy187(m): 7:20am On May 19, 2018
gonkin:

Same here, I've been doing so for years now, I've never had to consider respraying any of the cars I used.
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by cardoctor(m): 7:57am On May 19, 2018
Absolutely correct. Most people dont reall know the dangers of using high ph content detergents on car paints. It fades the paint very quickly and leaves water marks and limescale all over the car body. Its best to use special low ph formula car wash liquid in cimbination with carnauba wax which helps to maintain a rich lustre and added protective coating to the paintwork.

Mote pics and tips on how to keep your car clean on www.kapitalautospa.com or fb: Kapital Auto Spa

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by cardoctor(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2018
Mote pics on how to keep your car clean on www.kapitalautospa.com or fb: Kapital Auto Spa
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by VehicleUnit: 2:14pm On May 19, 2018
this thread is educative and its a good car wash tips.
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 19, 2018
nothing wrong with detergents, if you know how to use them, the shampoos you talk of are detergents too just in another form.

do you wax cars, av seen so many car washers in Nigeria that only know how to pressure spray cars and dont do wax service.

i think you guys dont wax cars because you want customers to come every day for pressure spray, excessive pressure spray harms the car.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by kingreign(m): 6:30pm On May 19, 2018
gonkin:
dangote trailer ehn cheesy
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 7:25pm On May 19, 2018
kingreign:
dangote trailer ehn cheesy
Haha no. Its a landcruiser
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by weyreypey: 7:30pm On May 19, 2018
quentin06:
nothing wrong with detergents, if you know how to use them, the shampoos you talk of are detergents too just in another form.

do you wax cars, av seen so many car washers in Nigeria that only know how to pressure spray cars and dont do wax service.

i think you guys dont wax cars because you want customers to come every day for pressure spray, excessive pressure spray harms the car.

Don't mind them. Wee even use petrol mixed with klin and jik...(chemical).... To vamoose any yamayama
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by kingreign(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2018
gonkin:

Haha no. Its a landcruiser
I'm always fascinated about those trucks. what series LC do you have? is it the petrol v6 or V8 or turbo diesel V8?
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 8:17pm On May 19, 2018
kingreign:
I'm always fascinated about those trucks. what series LC do you have? is it the petrol v6 or V8 or turbo diesel V8?

Its actually a 1992 LC, FJ80.
Tuned I6 engine. Its petrol and I've worked so much on it that it get 14mpg instead of manufacturers 11mpg
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by kingreign(m): 8:20pm On May 19, 2018
gonkin:

Its actually a 1992 LC, FJ80.
Tuned I6 engine
wow series 80 eh. smiley these were the original conquerors of the Aussie outbacks and Mohave an the Arabian desert and the Saharan desert. cool
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 8:22pm On May 19, 2018
kingreign:

wow series 80 eh. smiley these were the original conquerors of the Aussie outbacks and Mohave an the Arabian desert and the Saharan desert. cool

Yes ooo it was abandoned for years. Some northerners were so interested in it but hell no. Its really reliable.
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by kingreign(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2018
gonkin:

Yes ooo it was abandoned for years. Some northerners were so interested in it but hell no. Its really reliable.
haaaaa no give them o. that truck is a keeper. pls do share pictures na smiley
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 8:28pm On May 19, 2018
kingreign:
haaaaa no give them o. that truck is a keeper. pls do share pictures na smiley

Actually my dad almost sold it for 500k. Till i came home and took it away. I mean for a very old car, its got everything working fine. I always feel like a boss. Riding in a city tractor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 8:30pm On May 19, 2018
When it was abandoned. Soap hasn't touched it since this day. And that was 8 months ago

Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by kingreign(m): 8:43pm On May 19, 2018
gonkin:

Actually my dad almost sold it for 500k. Till i came home and took it away. I mean for a very old car, its got everything working fine. I always feel like a boss. Riding in a city tractor
she looks happy and well taken care
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by gonkin(m): 9:00pm On May 19, 2018
kingreign:
she looks happy and well taken care

Well, im technically minded and it sure had a lot of issues like
1.never starts in P(Park) only neutral.
2. Central diff lock doesnt engage.
3. No status indicator works.
4. All power windows except front passenger side wasnt functional
5.heater wasnt working.

Now im looking for faults to fix i cant seem to find any. Only stuff that's broken is the antenna. Other than that. Its a turbo tractor.
It just hurts its not compatible with OBDII. Wanted to install speed hologram.
But i intend to put a 500w inverter soon
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by kingreign(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2018
gonkin:

Well, im technically minded and it sure had a lot of issues like
1.never starts in P(Park) only neutral.
2. Central diff lock doesnt engage.
3. No status indicator works.
4. All power windows except front passenger side wasnt functional
5.heater wasnt working.

Now im looking for faults to fix i cant seem to find any. Only stuff that's broken is the antenna. Other than that. Its a turbo tractor.
It just hurts its not compatible with OBDII. Wanted to install speed hologram.
But i intend to put a 500w inverter soon

You know how to make your car happy
Re: Why Do We Use Klin/omo Detergent To Wash Cars In Nigeria? by hellensexy: 8:52pm On May 22, 2018
How To Start Small Scale Car Wash Business In Nigeria|Feasibility Study Sample
When it comes to starting a small scale business in Africa/Nigeria, a car
wash is one of the easiest businesses to start. Car Wash business is one
business that can easily be setup if detailed feasibility study is carefully
carried out.

Such study does not require the service of an expert to be successful. It
is a business that can be handled from one person up depending on how big
you plan to start. Car wash business is so profitable that making a N450k
per month.

Another interesting thing about car wash business is that it is a very
lucrative business. People like to drive their cars clean. They always
patronize car wash centers, and they do it all year round.

So, if you’ve been thinking of how to start a car wash business but don’t
know how to go about it then you’re right on track. Because in this article
you’ll learn what you need to know in other to start a car wash business
successfully.
Why You Should Startup A Car Wash Business In Your State

There a constant increase in the number of private and commercial car
owners. And as our economy keeps getting better, more people will want
to become car owners and they will need to get their vehicles washed
which in turn become more money for car wash business owners.

Most private car owners do not have the leisure of washing their cars by
themselves so they employ the services of car wash to clean up their cars
which also mean more money to the pocket of car wash business owners.

Car wash business is open to everyone in any location. the uneducated
secondary school leaver, undergraduate, employed, unemployed, can all run
a successful car wash business in Nigeria provided they apply diligent.

With proper planning, a good location and the determination to succeed, I
assure you that you can make over N45,000.00 daily from this business
click link to see more [url][/url]http://howtosearchs.com/how-to-start-small-scale-car-wash-business-in-nigeriafeasibility-study-sample/

(1) (Reply)

Worst Car You've Driven, Or Been Driven In? / Dodge Caliber How Reliable Is It? / Why Is My Car Headlamp Fuse Keeps Burning & Melting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.