Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States (28972 Views)

Nigerian Woman Promoted To A Major In The United States Army. Photos / Get Your Master's Degrees In The United States Of America / Advice A Nigeria Based Nurse Hoping To Practice In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Treyknowles(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
Most peopz here are saying dat Nigeria is bad,Yet some people are making it,@OP MOST OF THE PEOPLE HERE WON'T ADVICE YOU TO COME TO NAIJA BECAUSE DEY WANNA TRAVEL OUTTA NAIJA WITH THE VIEW THAT THERE IS NOTIN GUD HERE IN NIGERIA,SO I WILL ADVICE U TO RELOCATE TO NIGERIA-BUT BE READY TO ESTABLISH A BUSINESS IF U DNT AV ANY.

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by adioolayi(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
sexymoma:
Bros Stay dia ooo we wey we dey hia sef.. as i dey type so i never chop (1)
(2)Traffic wey go dey hook u for here ehn e nor get Season ooo i nearly wan sh1t for body the other day
(3)Bros we wey dey hia dey struggle wan go U.S ooo... Light nor dey like dat for here ooo u go fit cope so
(4)E nor easy to get Job for Naija oooo... Ma neighbour wey study Law, Na only God say make he learn how to barb

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Austinleo: 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lol! (Wicked!!!) You no suppose too expose am. U suppose PM am grin grin grin grin grin
pablomaria:

Gbam!! d guy is a compound liar, he is a troll angry angry
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by friends4ever(m): 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hey...I was in Nigeria last month, I couldn't finish my 3 weeks vacation due to blackout (no electricity) and couple with bad roads and overcrowded traffic . You are a U.S citizen, if it doesn't workout for you, you can easily fall back to your country (USA). There's no place like United States of America...I love this country. Thank God am American.

4 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by babamajor: 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
First am not too sure if this news is genuine or not, but if its real then u must not make d mistake, one am a citizen of America too but can't understand wat u mean by monkey they work baboons they chop. Fine America is designed in such a way that they want u to spend every money that u make back into d economy nd that is y their economy is very strong, bcus u Wil av little money to save. But govt giv tax returns at d beginning of every year, so if u are working nd paying ur taxes, I beliv wit that u can start doing something in naija, but since u said u are a student nd if u are in debt of student loan it's Wil be difficult for u to av money except wen u paid off ur student loan. If u don't av a debt hanging on ur neck I see no reason to u Wil be desperate to go naija. Go home is good even if it's to go nd work but u must av a plan b, incase thing don't go as expected. Let me now use myself as an example, I intend coming back home finally in 5years time to come and establish a farm business, but now am putting up properties so as to av a stable income wen I come home nd not be desperate to depend on d farm too soon. I intend building 4 houses wit hop that collectively I should be making like 2million naira as rent on all of them per year, so wit that I don't av to be afraid of settling down in naija. Am also a Lagos nd ibadan person so I choose ibadan nd d first house in under construction now cus lands are still cheap in ibadan nd rent has started coming up there too. So.try nd invest first in naija, be for u relocate even if u decides to follow ur career, it's not a crime if u are making money by d side.

4 Likes

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by mcaylife(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
pls come the Vice president just promised all unemployed youth 5000 naira monthly. you will be in good hands while waiting on getting your dream job.

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by jabojafa(m): 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
abbey621:
My advice to you is to wait, your degree alone won't get you a great offer, it all boils down to experience and your network. If you can get a job in your field here in the U.S, the experience alone will make you very attractive to potential employers in Nigeria. Already you have the edge, your American degree is 10 times as valuable as the same degree from any Nigerian institution, this is the way most employers assess foreign degrees. If you are truly serious about relocating to Nigeria, the best route is to secure a job offer from a U.S based company with project work in Nigeria, this way you would be paid in hard currency and your position very secure. Overall, relocating to Nigeria without enough savings will not only cripple you physically but emotionally, do your research before embarking on this journey!
in addition you may need at least 3yrs working experience if u wana work in d industry as an engineer except u wan try military or paramilitary work as officer.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by amanikondo: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:
Good morning everyone, I am an American naturalized citizen and currently a studying chemical engineering in the United States. My plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the completion of my program (plus an MBA) with the aim of working in a top oil and gas/petrochemical firm, as life in the U.S to me is "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable. By the way I used to live in Lagos and Ibadan, I left Nigeria about 5 years ago so I pretty much still have a feel. Please Engineers in the house and my honorable people, I need your advise. Thank you.
See the bolded. You are very lazy. Millions queue to be where you are. You have not started working yet. No experience
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by MrP7: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mr man listen well, do you have a job waiting for u, if you don't stay in US
You can buy a small land in Lekki and build a small house, buy a small car and save some money in your account before u come back if you don't have a job offer
Now if you have a job in an oil company u can come back.
You've been away for 5 years so unless your people have money or have connections , no one will help you
In Nigeria getting a job is not were you studied but your connections
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by arinolaa(f): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
My advise is simple....Look before you leap.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Gayigaskia(m): 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bro, if you have kids don't do it. I just came back nine months ago and i'm about to take wifey and kiddies back. It is terrible here, when it comes to education health and for kids to reach their ultimate best.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by purpledandelion: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by bukatyne(f): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
MrP7:
Mr man listen well, do you have a job waiting for u, if you don't stay in US
You can buy a small land in Lekki and build a small house, buy a small car and save some money in your account before u come back if you don't have a job offer
Now if you have a job in an oil company u can come back.
You've been away for 5 years so unless your people have money or have connections , no one will help you
In Nigeria getting a job is not were you studied but your connections

Do you know how much a plot of land goes for @ Lekki?

Are you in Nigeria?
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:
Good morning everyone, I am an American naturalized citizen and currently a studying chemical engineering in the United States. My plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the completion of my program (plus an MBA) with the aim of working in a top oil and gas/petrochemical firm, as life in the U.S to me is "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Please I need your candid advise whether relocating to Nigeria is something reasonable. By the way I used to live in Lagos and Ibadan, I left Nigeria about 5 years ago so I pretty much still have a feel. Please Engineers in the house and my honorable people, I need your advise. Thank you.
SO you are telling US here that after 5 years in the USA you a a US citizen abi why Lie are you seeking attention or what angry angry is this not pathetic angry angry angry
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
bukatyne:

Are you in Nigeria?
grin grin grin good question, they think its 10M
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by IykeD(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
CountDracula:

If u wanna relocate to naija and u think cos u studied abroad u wud get an oil and gas job u ar jus kiddin urself, there are lots of ur type here. And d population here is enof abeg jus stay where u are!

You are. wicked oh loolz
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
amanikondo:

See the bolded. You are very lazy. Millions queue to be where you are. You have not started working yet. No experience
the guy dey pick una brains
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Goldenboy007(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
Too much liars !!!! The OP said he was one miserable Ibadan loafer in 2012 in his past post so how did he end up spending 5 years by 2015 All you these jobless advisers, are you all blind, naive or just outright gullible ? The OP dreams of the US but he was not given visa because of his lies !!! Anybody that gives him any useless advice again without investigating, I will swear for the person !!!

And OP by the way I don't know where you got your unfounded ideology about US from !!!
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
babamajor:
First am not too sure if this news is genuine or not, but if its real then u must not make d mistake, one am a citizen of America too but can't understand wat u mean by monkey they work baboons they chop. Fine America is designed in such a way that they want u to spend every money that u make back into d economy nd that is y their economy is very strong, bcus u Wil av little money to save. But govt giv tax returns at d beginning of every year, so if u are working nd paying ur taxes, I beliv wit that u can start doing something in naija, but since u said u are a student nd if u are in debt of student loan it's Wil be difficult for u to av money except wen u paid off ur student loan. If u don't av a debt hanging on ur neck I see no reason to u Wil be desperate to go naija. Go home is good even if it's to go nd work but u must av a plan b, incase thing don't go as expected. Let me now use myself as an example, I intend coming back home finally in 5years time to come and establish a farm business, but now am putting up properties so as to av a stable income wen I come home nd not be desperate to depend on d farm too soon. I intend building 4 houses wit hop that collectively I should be making like 2million naira as rent on all of them per year, so wit that I don't av to be afraid of settling down in naija. Am also a Lagos nd ibadan person so I choose ibadan nd d first house in under construction now cus lands are still cheap in ibadan nd rent has started coming up there too. So.try nd invest first in naija, be for u relocate even if u decides to follow ur career, it's not a crime if u are making money by d side.
Guy 2M naira is nothing this days dont even try to reason in that line,
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
Goldenboy007:
Too much liars !!!! The OP said he was one miserable Ibadan loafer in 2012 in his past post so how did he end up spending 5 years by 2015 All you these jobless advisers, are you all blind, naive or just outright gullible ? The OP dreams of the US but he was not given visa because of his lies !!! Anybody that gives him any useless advice again without investigating, I will swear for the person !!!

And OP by the way I don't know where you got your unfounded ideology about US from !!!

No mind the troll jare, he is a liar, check his profile, he went to the US in 2013 according to him with visit visa and now he his posting baloney and bull.shit online angry angry
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
dont come home u beta stay where u are
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
ronald4lif:
The OP is a troll. He's not a U.S naturalized citizen as claim. He claims he has been in the States for just 5years whereas to become a naturalized citizen of America one must be a resident for 10years from the day they secured residence permit.

Again, in one of his comments sometime in 2013, he said he's on U.S B1/B2 visa and was seeking for information on how to secure a residence permit. So how did he become a citizen between 2013 and 2015?. Not possible.

He should just say he intend relocating back to Nigeria after his studies because life abroad is strenuous and thorny for illegal immigrants. If that is the case, it's a welcome development and the right thing to do.
Im glad you found him out, I see no reason why he should not be banned from on here, talking trash, I think he is still in Ibadan not left the country yet, mayB he seeks attention or just pathetic
https://www.nairaland.com/948062/pls-destiny-decision that's him right there
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
bukatyne:

Are you in Nigeria?

hahaha, abeg tell them jare, dem think say lekki na sambissa forest, land in lekki is expensive. hahaha cool
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
frodow:
dont come home u beta stay where u are
dont strain ur brains that guy they Ibadan farm like this.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
This is the story of the OP in 2013, he is here posting crap,bull.s.hit and baloney........https://www.nairaland.com/948062/pls-destiny-decision#10932050

1 Like

Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by erico2k2(m): 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
bebe2:

No mind d quy, make come uk come see monkey dey work bamboo dey.

If e see , 40% tax e go run na grin
guy dem tax you reach %40 in the UK?? una get mouth shaa angry angry angry
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
WINDSOW:
Bros,u need 3 days fasting + hot prayers.
Those Witch for Ur village wan finish u rau rau.
Them wan remote u come naija make them jst complete ur mata.
If u like come. OYO

My guy you want kill me with laughter....
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by ronald4lif(m): 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
erico2k2:

Im glad you found him out, I see no reason why he should not be banned from on here, talking trash, I think he is still in Ibadan not left the country yet, mayB he seeks attention or just pathetic
https://www.nairaland.com/948062/pls-destiny-decision that's him right there

Yea bruv. And the B1/B2 visa he talked about are U.S visas issued for business travellers and tourists only. He can't be studying in the States with such visa. Only a student visa holder can be offered admission into a uni abroad. He prolly think we're all ignorant or something.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by luuvee(m): 9:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
bigfrancis21:

My dear I will advice you not to be in a haste to come bak home ooo try and have a planB in case wen ur bak and things didn't work out according to ur speculations, so I will advice you to work and save money so dat u can set up something on your own dat one is a better guaranty dan hoping to come over here to get a Job...gospel truth.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by Crispyshell: 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
BayoAdex:

PERSONALLY ....I WILL ADVICE YOU TO KEEP WORKING FOR THE BABOONS.....its profitable than nothing.
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by bebe2(f): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
erico2k2:

guy dem tax you reach %40 in the UK?? una get mouth shaa angry angry angry

haba, no be mouth oo,

i beg google tax rate for over 40k earners.

Higher rate 40% £31,786 to £150,000

People with the standard Personal Allowance start paying this rate on income over £42,385
Additional rate 45% Over £150,000
Re: About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States by YoungExec: 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
Best thing you will ever do. Was in your shoes some years ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mtn Salary For Fresher / Professional Masters Or Academic Masters? / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.