Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week (23872 Views)

Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance / Dino Melaye Reacts To The N8.64bn NASS Wardrobe Allowance / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by biodunid: 7:24am On Jun 16, 2015
No wonder most states can't pay wages. Too much waste at the federal level and too much wasted on governance generally.

N’Assembly Members to Get N8.64bn as Wardrobe Allowance Next Week

16 Jun 2015

Omololu Ogunmade in Abuja
The newly sworn in members of the National Assembly will smile home with a whooping N8.64 billion as wardrobe allowance next week, it was learnt last night.

The sum is aside other allowances such as furniture, housing and vehicle, which the lawmakers are entitled to.
It was also learnt that the management of the National Assembly is currently allocating offices to the 469 federal lawmakers in both chambers ahead of their resumption on June 23 from the two-week recess that they embarked on June 10.

The N8.64 billion wardrobe allowance translates to N17.5 million for each of the 360 members of the House of Representatives and N21.5 million for each of the 109 senators.

While the wardrobe allowance, just like the furniture and vehicle allowances, will cover the entire four-year tenure of the 469 federal lawmakers, their housing allowances are paid on a yearly basis.

Based on the approval of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC), the housing allowance for political office holders is usually 200 per cent of their annual salaries, the furniture allowance is 300 per cent of annual salaries, while a motor vehicle loan is pegged at 400 per cent of their annual salaries.

Accordingly, each of the 107 senators besides the Senate President and his deputy, will be paid N4,052,800 as housing allowance.
This sum will be paid to them every year, translating to N433,649,600 as housing allowance to be paid to the Senate annually, while the Senate President and the Deputy Senate President will be provided accommodation by the federal government.

On the other hand, each member of the House of Representatives will be paid N3,970,425 as housing allowance upon assumption of office.

This implies that the 358 representatives aside the Speaker and Deputy Speaker, will collect a total of N1,421,412,150 as housing allowance. Like that of the Senate, the speaker and deputy speaker will be given accommodation by the federal government.

Following the monetisation of entitlements of public officials undertaken by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration, the lawmakers lost the right to occupy houses built and maintained by the government.

Hence, the federal government sold the houses previously occupied by the lawmakers to them.
Since the principal officers of the Sixth National Assembly benefited from the sale of the houses, the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) is currently building new ones for the four presiding officers of both chambers.

On the furniture allowance, each of the senators will take away N6,079,200 from the budget of the National Assembly, while the furniture for both the Senate president and his deputy will be provided by the government.
The total sum to be paid to the 107 senators as furniture allowance will be N650,474,400.

In the House of Representatives, each member will be paid N5,955,637.50 as furniture allowance.
This means that the 358 members will collect a total of N2,132,118,225 for furniture.

On the vehicle loan, each of the senators is entitled to N8,105,600, while each House member is entitled to N7,940,850.50, meaning that the 107 senators will collectively take N867,299,200 as vehicle loans while the 358 House members will get N2,842,824,479 for their vehicles.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/n-assembly-members-to-get-n8-64bn-as-wardrobe-allowance-next-week/212188/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Korrection(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2015
We are in trouble.

Meanwhile i dedicate this FTC to those nairaland idiots who thinks its a big deal to be the first person to comment...Serious issues like this need to be looked into... I dont think this country exist...we only have some group of bas.tards taking us for a ride tooo bad...very soon quote me ..there will be so much anger in the land that whoever is involved will get mutilated...Let them continue..it will end one day

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by INTROVERT(f): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2015
Ok then.

One question. HOW MUCH WAS PAID TO THE LAST LEGISLATIVE SET FOR THIS PARTICULAR ALLOWANCE?

IS IT HIGHER OR LOWER THAN THIS?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by eightsin(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2015
I'm a civil servant too. How come I'm not entitled to house, wardrobe, transport, feeding and hardship allowances?

God punish devil

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Young03(m): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2015
hmmm, naija ,which way forward?

2 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by modath(f): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2015
Correct, monkey dey work baboon dey chop!!

Are they coming into the house nakid that they need such a cringe inducing amount to clothe themselves... Just 469 ooo shocked

I swear that David Mark will roast in **** for arm twisting the RMAFC into approving this insane allowance!!!!

God, help this country abeg!!!

10 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by KinkyAngela(f): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2015
Bloody thieves

5 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 16, 2015
Where is d "change"?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Papasmal(m): 7:29am On Jun 16, 2015
God will come to our rescue one day.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by biafransoul: 7:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Waiting for the change apologist to come and defend this one. Is this the meaning of the change Nigerians voted for? Shame to all these fraudsters that called themselves change agents

32 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by eleojo23: 7:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Do they want to buy clothes made of gold or what?

5 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Activity77(m): 7:30am On Jun 16, 2015
Chaiiiii,whch way nigeria,whch way 2go.apc n pdp are d same

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by rabimlomo: 7:34am On Jun 16, 2015
biafransoul:
Waiting for the change apologist to come and defend this one. Is this the meaning of the change Nigerians voted for? Shame to all these fraudsters that called themselves change agents

Must you always show your hatred and deep rooted pain on every thread Why are you this pathetic? This is an issue that has nothing or little to do with party. All those useless legislators are in ONE PARTY when it comes to this issue sad

51 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Galacious1: 7:36am On Jun 16, 2015
Korrection:
We are in trouble.
may God help this country

1 Like

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:37am On Jun 16, 2015
I mean where is NLC and TUC?

Nigeria have enough labourers and workers doing everything to survive in the rain and sun but make less than 200 naira a day. These people strive to live in an economy where the rich are always favoured and the looters are praised. Hardwork doesnt pay again in this country. It is either you become kidnapper, armed robber, pastor, Imam, politician or militia threatening the peace of the nation.

For goodness sake, what clothing is it that this thieves want to wear that cost that much? I mean 100 million naira of clothes? What for?

NLC and TUC are silent when we need them most. This madness got to stop. Like Fela said in his song, authoritative stealing is the money making tool of the government. This nonsesne got to stop.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Day169: 7:46am On Jun 16, 2015
Awon ole jati jati!

1 Like

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2015
Reading this sometime make me sympatize with Boko haram. Only if they can stream their struggle against this buffons in the green and red chambers. I wish I can blow this nigga up with a bomb when they are seating.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 16, 2015
It is their entitlement...why worry?
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Maxymilliano(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2015
Are they going there naked or why the humongous allowance for wardrobe ?

SMH ... Somethings will never change .

4 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Elslim: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2015
my brothers and sisters... we must take to da social media world and fight dis evil, lets keep sentiments aside. this will affect me and u. dis is blatant wickedness.. dont forget minimum wage is still 18k ooh

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by akins56(m): 7:54am On Jun 16, 2015
Are the clothes gonna be encrusted with diamonds ? If buhari have the power, he should stop this wastage! They have truly hijacked our change!

1 Like

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by coputa(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2015
This shows that Buhari is weak,if he cannot curtail this bogus spending.I am thinking that the change they are preaching is for the poor mases only.

14 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by biafransoul: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2015
rabimlomo:

Must you always show your hatred and deep rooted pain on every thread Why are you this pathetic? This is an issue that has nothing or little to do with party. All those useless legislators are in ONE PARTY when it comes to this issue sad

Did you see me mention PDP there and it was for a reason; they are not hypocrites. I mentioned the APC cos they are the majority and the party in power who promised change and a departure from the past and, alas, what we are seeing is them doing the same things they preached against. So tell me, who is the hypocrite here?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by biodunid: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2015
Doing the maths: the agbada allowance for one SINator will pay the minimum wage of roughly 1,200 minimum wage Nigerians. That is more than the entire population of YOUR village / autonomous community. Yes, YOU! And what are YOU going to DO about it? Just dey look and pray for salvation?

8 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by DaGC(m): 8:28am On Jun 16, 2015
I keep telling people that any government official slashing his/her official salary is just trying to look sympathetic to Nigerians and in turn get popularity.

The salaries have never been the problem. Allowances, that's the sh*t right there.

14 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by lexy2014: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2015
KinkyAngela:
Bloody thieves
hahaha...this y they are in d national assembly. Did u c d post yesterday on d no of legislators who had sponsored bills in d HOR? More than half didn't sponsor any in d last 4 years but they collected free money

2 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by lexy2014: 9:04am On Jun 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
Reading this sometime make me sympatize with Boko haram. Only if they can stream their struggle against this buffons in the green and red chambers. I wish I can blow this nigga up with a bomb when they are seating.
bros u are in d spirit

4 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by zik4ever: 9:11am On Jun 16, 2015
Hope the APC members of the National Assembly who are in the majority, will reject this allowance and ensure that it is either cancelled or reviewed downwards in the spirit of 'change' and in tune with economic realities? They are progressives and must demonstrate a radical departure from the PDP!

7 Likes

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by biodunid: 9:45am On Jun 16, 2015
E.g. did El Rufai slash / eliminate allowances in Kaduna? I add eliminate as an option because I don't see why taxpayers need to buy agbadas for office holders to start with. Dem no get clothe before? Even out of office our politicians are the most sartorially blessed Nigerians so why do they need bikini etc allowance when they get in?

DaGC:
I keep telling people that any government official slashing his/her official salary is just trying to look sympathetic to Nigerians and in turn get popularity.

The salaries have never been the problem. Allowances, that's the sh*t right there.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by DjHypno(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Service Chiefs In His First Day In Office / Atiku Was Destined Never To Be President - Adams Oshiomhole / Buhari Launches WADA, Says Drug Abuse Deadlier Than Insurgency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.