Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week (23911 Views)

Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance / Dino Melaye Reacts To The N8.64bn NASS Wardrobe Allowance / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by loudspeaker247: 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
N8.64billion to buy shirt, trousers and shoes when many families have nt been paid for the past 11 months!

Where is this country even heading to?

I sincerely weep for this nation called nigeria!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by plendil: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Chubhie:
This is corruption in its brazen form. If our anti corruption czar-PMB seems handicapped to a job atleast, justice demands that people like Dino Meleye who doesn't need it their share should be donated to the motherless homes.

The backlash will be too much for PMB to handle if this deal sneaks through. This is never change.

Hope you appreciate this is a democratic setting, and there are limits to presidential power. These are provisions that have been budgeted for and approved. Any attempt by Buhari to withhold payment could be seen by the legislators as an impediment to their duties and is in fact an impeachable offence. You may recall a similar situation in the time of OBJ.

The best remedy IMO, is for all Nigerians to mount a vigorous campaign, media, internet etc, highlighting the immoral, unspeakable callousness of it.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by halimat38(f): 1:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
biodunid:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/n-assembly-members-to-get-n8-64bn-as-wardrobe-allowance-next-week/212188/

Even none of our senetors here in America make such money,not to talk of wardrobe what they provide for them is basically the same thing normal enployer provides for there workers such as,sick leave,vacation,401k,retirement,medical not to talk of Jobiden the vice president,he leaves in Delaware and takes Amtrak for yrs to his office in Washington DC ,we need do something about those fools.All i know is that if we don't start killing them one after the other,this just too much white man dey laugh us die cry
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by plendil: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
AS usual twerps are trying to turn it into a political issue. Please and pls, this is beyind poilitcs. All of them (APC, PDP,LP, APGA are guilty). Whether it was approved by the previous administration is not the point. THE POINT IS THAT THIS MUST STOP!!!!! angry angry
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by darqly(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
At 21.5m per senator, that translates to approx 5.3m per year for each of the 4yrs. In Their regular lives, would they actually buy clothes worth 5m in a year, with hard earned income? They're hardly to blame, it's that dubious RMAFC that is the real culprit here angry angry
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by ddefoe: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
It is just an eye opener for the masses that when it comes to the common wealth,the ruling class is one.there is no PDP nor APC but common thieves.its time the ordinary man rises above religion,ethnicity and partisanship to confront the monster that is eating up the common resources...we know where the problem is
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Kelvinpam(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
You know one thing about Nigeria?
We start and end our complaints on social media.
I rarely see same amount of pple against this fraud on the streets complaining rather we love to hide behind our phones and PCs to lament our worries about Nigeria. You know why?
1.Nigerians are cool pple.
2.We are used to suffering.
3. We are all corrupt one way or the other (give same pple in here lamenting abt this a lil token and they will change tune)
4. We have lost our zeal to fight for our rights (rights that can be bought by these thieves)

All we can do is say: "only GOD will deliver this nation"

IT IS HIGH TIME WE WOKE UP FROM OUR SLUMBER.

NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN BUT ONLY A REVOLUTION CAN BRING CHANGE!

1 Like

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Cuteamigo1(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
WOCKHARDI:

So Jona from Otueke signed the budget and you will now benefit therefrom. Yet you have the effrontery to condemn your ' benefactor '. If you you are not thieves, reject the outrageous allowances and identity with the yearnings of the poor masses. HYPOCRITES.
claping for u while you celebrate your ignorance. All i said is people should stop blaming buhari and apc for this expenditure because buhari had nothing to do with its implementation.. Thats all. Am not pro jonathan neitheir am i in support of these injustice.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by WILSON(f): 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
NA SO WE WAN FIGHT CORRUPTION? WHY UNA COME SHIFT GEJ AND SAMBO ALLOWANCE TO NEXT YEAR? UNA DEY OWE CIVIL SERVANT 11 MONTHS SALARY YET ENO CONCERN UNA? SAI BABA! NIGERIAN NOVA SEE ANYTHING. SHOW THEM THE WAY!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin CHANGE!!!

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Ayiose(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Korrection:
We are in trouble.

Meanwhile i dedicate this FTC to those nairaland idiots who thinks its a big deal to be the first person to comment...Serious issues like this need to be looked into... I dont think this country exist...we only have some group of bas.tards taking us for a ride tooo bad...very soon quote me ..there will be so much anger in the land that whoever is involved will get mutilated...Let them continue..it will end one day
I agree wt u.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by jabojafa(m): 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
I mean where is NLC and TUC?

Nigeria have enough labourers and workers doing everything to survive in the rain and sun but make less than 200 naira a day. These people strive to live in an economy where the rich are always favoured and the looters are praised. Hardwork doesnt pay again in this country. It is either you become kidnapper, armed robber, pastor, Imam, politician or militia threatening the peace of the nation.

For goodness sake, what clothing is it that this thieves want to wear that cost that much? I mean 100 million naira of clothes? What for?

NLC and TUC are silent when we need them most. This madness got to stop. Like Fela said in his song, authoritative stealing is the money making tool of the government. This nonsesne got to stop.
sorry NLC and TUC wont ever come to our aid becos the top shots of those labour agencies have been silenced with a piece of d national cake.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Chubhie: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
plendil:

Hope you appreciate this is a democratic setting, and there are limits to presidential power. These are provisions that have been budgeted for and approved. Any attempt by Buhari to withhold payment could be seen by the legislators as an impediment to their duties and is in fact an impeachable offence. You may recall a similar situation in the time of OBJ.

The best remedy IMO, is for all Nigerians to mount a vigorous campaign, media, internet etc, highlighting the immoral, unspeakable callousness of it.
PMB can take cover under doctrine of necessity instead of passing the buck to Nigerians. He should lead from the frontlines and the masses will support him.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by free13: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
biafransoul:

Did you see me mention PDP there and it was for a reason; they are not hypocrites. I mentioned the APC cos they are the majority and the party in power who promised change and a departure from the past and, alas, what we are seeing is them doing the same things they preached against. So tell me, who is the hypocrite here?

Gbam.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by ollyruffy: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
Na wah o. All these monkey dey work, baboon dey chop must stop.

All these bogus allowances must be cut from the political office holders, including the executives. Thats one way to remove those thieves who are not interested in service to the nation from our political arena.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Mbediogu(m): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Where is d "change"?

Change cannot come from benefactors of status quo. It will come from u and I when we stop talking and start acting against crass political crime. We know who the are and shere they live.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by omochefran(m): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
[Pls monkey how does this matter affect david mark ou guys will just be there and be insulting nnocent people
quote author=modath post=34813701]Correct, monkey dey work baboon dey chop!!

Are they coming into the house nakid that they need such a cringe inducing amount to clothe themselves... Just 469 ooo shocked

I swear that David Mark will roast in **** for arm twisting the RMAFC into approving this insane allowance!!!!

God, help this country abeg!!![/quote]
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by iwatchandlisten(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Since many of the congressmen were swept into the chambers by the broom of change, and they are in the majority, i expect that the National Assembly will reject these outrageous allowances in the name of CHANGE.....When it comes to sharing the commomwealth here there seems to be just one interest, irrespective of part divide!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by odi2468(m): 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
So much money, problems hw 2 spend it... plenty naira! Naija must go 4ward. ..
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by rhymaholic: 3:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
Broad day light robbery. Is their clothes made of gold that they have to get that much? I believe a thorough review of this would be done before next year cos this is utter madness.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by persius555(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
States are going bankrupt as federal allocation continues to reduce. Civil servants have taken to begging on the streets. National Assembly!!!! One day na one day. The wrath of the people will fall on you.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by egobetatoday: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
THIS IS THE REASON WHY THE FED GOVT. MUST PAY THE #5000 TO ALL JOBLESS GRADUATES.

IT IS A MUSSSTTT!!!

WHAT??
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by coputa(m): 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Buhari as a military head of state and a civilian president are two different people.As a military head of state,he takes decision and action without due consultation,so long,it is in the interest of the country.But in a democratic dispensation,there are due process to adhere,especially financial matters.From obj to yar,adua/Gej,the legislathief has been looting with reckless abadon and the executhief has little or no say over it.So,i am waiting to see the areas our president will effect the much needed change.our constitution is skewed toward corruption and as such difficult to amend.Buhari made many unrealistic promises knowig fully well that they are imposible to achieve
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by egobetatoday: 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tastemoney:
n8.64b÷140m Nigerians = 600,000 per citizen

chisos!! :n8.64b÷140m Nigerians = 600,000 per citizen

chisos!!

OMG!!
COLLECTIVE NATIONAL CAKE OOOO!!!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by YomaA(m): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
If they cant buy clothes with their regular salary and a civil servant can buy with meagre 50k or a banker can buy with 150k then they shud resign and come bk home, let us send another set.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by purpose100(f): 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
So you mean the 3 senators from Osun State will go home next weekend with a total sum of 64.5 million naira? And the 6 House of Representative members too go flex 105 million naira also? And workers in the state have not been paid for the past 8 months?
House, make una help me with figures here, how much is 1 month salary of workers in Osun state?
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by tunergy(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOU VOTED FOR THEM!!!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by mikolo80: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
modath:
Correct, monkey dey work baboon dey chop!!

Are they coming into the house nakid that they need such a cringe inducing amount to clothe themselves... Just 469 ooo shocked

I swear that David Mark will roast in **** for arm twisting the RMAFC into approving this insane allowance!!!!

God, help this country abeg!!!
why, na him say make you no participate in democracy instead getting annoyed online
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by mikolo80: 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
Papasmal:
God will come to our rescue one day.
where have you ever seen God come to any one's rescue without the rescuee lifting a finger even it is only o look at the copper snake many of you are to lazy to do anything that will inconvenience you
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by mikolo80: 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
biafransoul:
Waiting for the change apologist to come and defend this one. Is this the meaning of the change Nigerians voted for? Shame to all these fraudsters that called themselves change agents
its legal
president cannot change it singlehandedly
best he can do is veto the budget next year
jona don already pass this one
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by mikolo80: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
eightsin:
I'm a civil servant too. How come I'm not entitled to house, wardrobe, transport, feeding and hardship allowances?

God punish devil
why,na devil say make you no be assemblyman
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Papasmal(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
mikolo80:
where have you ever seen God come to any one's rescue without the rescuee lifting a finger even it is only o look at the copper snake many of you are to lazy to do anything that will inconvenience you

Lead the revolution bro,u wil gat ma back.

When it comes to fighting for justice its no retreat until freedom is delivered
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by olabukola: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
bigerboy200:

Mr Man u think Buhari can just decide to cut this bogus salaries without following due process?? Not possible.. This isn't a military era..Buhari is not weak,our democratic setting is what is weak and driven by selfish interest.. Buhari will only try his best.. My hope for this country is so slim..
But you think and feel he can jail somebody at will. Hahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Godwin Emefiele's Mother, Alice, Is Dead / Senate President: Lawan, Ndume Go Head To Head As Voting Commences / Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.