Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week (23913 Views)

Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance / Dino Melaye Reacts To The N8.64bn NASS Wardrobe Allowance / Nigerians React To N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance For NASS Members (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2015
You see? Another fool representing Edo state was bragging against pay-cut for the legislators just yesterday. Chain, they havv killed us oooo...
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Chubhie: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2015
I believe PMB will stop the payment.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by boolet: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2015
eleojo23:
Do they want to buy clothes made of gold or what?
I was even wondering if they got there naked.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by HzRF(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
i keep saying the same thing preye...till we lynch these guys one by one we aint moving an inch forward..we are talking about people who have uncountable clothes recieving monies worth 21milla as wardrobe allowance...now ask me why did we vote for such thieves..i keep asking if nigerians are amnesaic...
Itz really disheartening
Hw we keep falling into the trap over and over again
Wen bend down has become a norm to the point that even wen u "carry" Nd u need cloth bend down will come to mind

Either we break up or Lynch dose retards
We are still going to be duped every 4-4 yrs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2015
rugged7:
This country is fuqqed

Because it's youths are docile and divided!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 16, 2015
Chubhie:
I believe PMB will stop the payment.

Sarcasm, I guess?
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by litaninja(m): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2015
If this sails through, right there and then, I will lose faith in GMB...

It is really sad that in this same country, state workers have not received salaries for months now and have resorted to getting handouts from churches....but some people want to dress with 20Mill...
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Tastemoney(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
n8.64b÷140m Nigerians = 600,000 per citizen

chisos!! :n8.64b÷140m Nigerians = 600,000 per citizen

chisos!!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by harry509: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
eightsin:

Lol. I wonder o. What kind of clothes are they buying to serve the masses?
I keep on tellin pple dat, d problm of dis country is d bad leadership nigeria av. Poverty evriwia u go 2 n dis country, I took statistics dat clos to 75% of citizen live on adjct poverty yet n dis same country leader's rr bein gvin billions of money jst 4 walldrobe allowance. And many state cudnt pay her worker's salary. Well E nu go better 4 dem ooh. God is watchn. I pity jobless urth who fought and kill demselves durin election. Thurder fire dem once again.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Tastemoney(m): 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2015

chisos!!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Donvic4u(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tastemoney:
chisos!! :n8.64b÷140m Nigerians = 600,000 per citizen
chisos!!

chisos.....

Wardrobe allowance when no light , no fuel...

smh for Nigeria....

Uncensored news right from the source Visit www.justgist.net for Latest Happenings around you
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by discusant: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Too much waste at the federal level has crippled Nigeria. That's why the fight, including Boko Haram fight, to capture the federal level continues.

But bring back regional government system with fiscal federalism to stop this waste and fight for the federal level, no way. Because members of Nigeria's political class are united in milking the country through the over- bloated governance system at the federal level.

Any Nigerians that have no federal income, except business people, are in trouble
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Cuteamigo1:
Chai sum feful ar bery ignorant. President buhari did not sign and approve the 2015 budget from which this money is paid. The jona from otouke signed it so if u wanna chanel ur anger do that to d pdp and jonathan.
So Jona from Otueke signed the budget and you will now benefit therefrom. Yet you have the effrontery to condemn your ' benefactor '. If you you are not thieves, reject the outrageous allowances and identity with the yearnings of the poor masses. HYPOCRITES.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by ifemi001: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
Really in trouble,joblessness in the country even those that manage to secure one,the re place under contract/casual for past donkey of years(NLC useless) and doubt NLC not having its percentage frm all these so called companies,the salaries can't contest with the inflation trend in the country cos is still same salary of past years meanwhile,wordrope allowance to each of this so called senatoors who lied they re for masses re to earn 17.5M;God have mercy
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wardrobe allowance for what! Are they wearing princely robes,or are they going to the floor of the house to show off clothes? What sort of a thing is this?
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Eruditor: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
I am not defending the Legislators but the Clothing allowance is for 4 years and not yearly as some have erroneously asserted. The only thing they receive that is yearly is the housing allowance.

Even at that, they can slash it by half so that they collectively receive N 4.32B for it, as against the N 8.64B. It will go a long way.

1 Like

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Chubhie: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Sarcasm, I guess?
This is corruption in its brazen form. If our anti corruption czar-PMB seems handicapped to a job atleast, justice demands that people like Dino Meleye who doesn't need it their share should be donated to the motherless homes.

The backlash will be too much for PMB to handle if this deal sneaks through. This is never change.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by peedeeasobie(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
God help this nation!

I feel like crying!

There can be no change as long as the people we elected to represent us keep stealing from us legally!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by ayoromer: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
naija delta oil money God punish them,they wil fight n kill themselves because of our oil money but people are crying wen niger delta militant dat have d resources eat frm it God punish d non niger delta dat are eating our money.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Chubhie:
This is corruption in its brazen form. If our anti corruption czar-PMB seems handicapped to a job atleast, justice demands that people like Dino Meleye who doesn't need it their share should be donated to the motherless homes.

The backlash will be too much for PMB to handle if this deal sneaks through. This is never change.
Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by texazzpete(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
biafransoul:
Waiting for the change apologist to come and defend this one. Is this the meaning of the change Nigerians voted for? Shame to all these fraudsters that called themselves change agents

Abeg which party was in power when these crazy allowances were put in place?

1 Like

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Keneking:
It is their entitlement...why worry?
...awon boys, e gba oju e undecided angry
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
And the "so called" lawmakers know that Nigerians are too foolish enough to protest against them by going on the streets. They call Nigerians cowards because they know we're only good at talking and ranting via social media and nothing will come out of it. Too bad..
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by salbis(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
DaGC:
I keep telling people that any government official slashing his/her official salary is just trying to look sympathetic to Nigerians and in turn get popularity.

The salaries have never been the problem. Allowances, that's the sh*t right there.
You are on point bro. This amount of money can set up a standard textile company. #AnimalFarm!
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by yohanpaul: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
Not only that, thus same allowances were approved under the pdp government if ex president Jonathan. So?
rabimlomo:

Must you always show your hatred and deep rooted pain on every thread Why are you this pathetic? This is an issue that has nothing or little to do with party. All those useless legislators are in ONE PARTY when it comes to this issue sad

1 Like

Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by mcfoxy(m): 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
news plash, there wil be bomb exporalation in d houes whil they ar on site,d news came dis morning, am expecting dis take place , all d posibles plan hv put in place watch out
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by megamank(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
why was those houses in legislative quarters Apo sold out in the first place?. instead of giving out these huge amount every 4 year for housing allowance and furniture allowance new houses and quarters should be build and allocated to them. how on earth will you give someone housing allowance and furniture allowance also? are they not been paid salaries? furniture allowance should be stroked off the list.
the wardrobe allowance should be totally cut off and stopped. if the need clothes they should then apply to start wearing uniforms sown specially for them.
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Blackfire(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
Those lawmakers have not done anything wrong, why the hate from Nigerians?
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by halimat38(f): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
biodunid:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/n-assembly-members-to-get-n8-64bn-as-wardrobe-allowance-next-week/212188/

our leaders all deserve to die ,this is pure greed they are just on a suicide mission to kill us slowly "God will punish them and destroy all there generation cry cry cry
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Dollyak(f): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Because it's youths are docile and divided!
too true
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
Just recycling of rubbish. Excess spending by selling off houses lived in by past legislators. And when siting starts they will say... we're looking for business investors to help grow our country
Re: NASS Members To Get N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance Next Week by Menace2Society(m): 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
I like this!joining u guys soon i swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obaseki Can’t Hold APC Hostage, State Chairmen Declare / EFCC: Abdulrasheed Bawa Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening / Farooq Kperogi: Revolt Of “Repentant” Boko Haram Terrorists Proves My Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.