Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) (24339 Views)

The Crescent Of The New Moon Has Been Sighted In Abeokuta / RAMADHAAN May And May Not Start On Saturday! Read This. / What Is Ramadhaan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by usbcable(m): 7:16am On Jun 17, 2015
Eefhay:
New moon appears on Wednesday –
NASRDA
JUNE 16, 2015 : EVEREST AMAEFULE, ABUJA
1 Comment
The National Space Research and Development
Agency says the new moon is expected to be
appear on Wednesday in various cities across the
nation.
In a statement by Head of Media, Mr. Felix Ale,
the agency said the moon would be seen on
Wednesday with the first crescent in Abuja
appearing at 6.45pm to 7.15pm with sunrise at
6.22am and sunset at 6.42pm.
Ale said, “From the far North, Maiduguri’s
appearance of first crescent will be between
7.23pm to 7.53pm, with sunrise at 5.57am and
sunset at 6.21pm. Kano and Katsina will
experience the first crescent at 7.14pm to
7.44pm, and 6.46pm to 7.16pm respectively.
“The sunrise for Kano will be 6.15am and sunset
6.40pm, and for Kastina, the sun will rise at
6.18am and set at 6.44pm.”
The agency said all relevant authorities should
take note of the moon conditions for the
appearance of the first crescent.

www.punchng.com/news/new-moon-appears-on-wednesday-nasrda/

until muslims come together, use the knowledge of science and agree on the modalities of starting a month we will forever have issues with sighting of the moon

God bless NASRDA for this timely info.
I hope they are also forth coming when we look for Shawwals hilal.

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by usbcable(m): 7:19am On Jun 17, 2015
soulhighman:

Una Don start with this space research thing abi? Abeg, na real announcement I dey wait for. Na so this research wareva wan cos kasala last yr.
the kasala is due to the high handedness of muslims.
we can deny it all we like but the evidence of science in this matter is indisputable.
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Royals1: 7:23am On Jun 17, 2015
my brothers in islam do we eva believe moon is sighted here in lagos or south west? We do we insist on sighting moon from d north always? Infact i swear with Allah and Quran dt i was fortunate to serve as youth corper in d north sokoto precisely and fortunate to be in d month of ramadan. D day d alfas are xpecting d sultan to announce d moom sighted, i went out to observe d moon but i culd not seen any moon. So i wonder where d moon is sighted in sokoto.
Howeva, d moon dt was sighted in southwest like 2 days afta was d moon i later sighted in sokoto.
My learned in islam lets try to enighten ourselves on dis.
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by usbcable(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2015
otunbalahrry:

this is where issues starts frm. wen we can't even agree on a simple date...
hv stoped giving myself headache few years baq...wen Eva or where Eva I hear d moon is sighted ..I commence with my fasting once d source is reasonable enough.

the issue will remain so long as muslims fail to agree modalities for sighting of the moon.
another issue is muslims denial of empirical scientific knowledge and evidence.
I know someday we will all come to our senses and agree on doing the above
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by hadizadeezy(f): 7:26am On Jun 17, 2015
Following!

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by usbcable(m): 7:28am On Jun 17, 2015
Royals1:
my brothers in islam do we eva believe moon is sighted here in lagos or south west? We do we insist on sighting moon from d north always? Infact i swear with Allah and Quran dt i was fortunate to serve as youth corper in d north sokoto precisely and fortunate to be in d month of ramadan. D day d alfas are xpecting d sultan to announce d moom sighted, i went out to observe d moon but i culd not seen any moon. So i wonder where d moon is sighted in sokoto.
Howeva, d moon dt was sighted in southwest like 2 days afta was d moon i later sighted in sokoto.
the solution lies "mostly" in Science of Astronomy which we muslims unbelievably deny.

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by DMainMan: 7:46am On Jun 17, 2015
DMainMan:
16 things you should know about Ramadan Fasting.

https://www.nairaland.com/2385103/16-things-should-know-ramadan
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by afeezmore: 7:54am On Jun 17, 2015
oh what a peaceful thread men am in love with this, (islam) the true religion.
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by maclatunji: 7:54am On Jun 17, 2015
Royals1:

For several reasons:

1. People refuse to make an effort largely in the Southwest.

2. The weather does not favour us in the Southwest, the. Northern region has better visibility.

Would you recognise the new moon if you saw it? It is not what you see "2 to 3 days later."

4 Likes

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Sissie(f): 8:01am On Jun 17, 2015
Royals1:

You might have been in Sokoto and not sight the moon. Thats very possible.

2 Likes

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by AishyWemsy(f): 8:02am On Jun 17, 2015
moscobabs:
I'm not a Muslim but I will fast ...the 1st the 15th and the last one.

Say anytin u like...u r not God

Love you guy. Moved to tears. May God bless u and ur house hold. One love

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by takleboy(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
PassingShot:
May Allah preserve our lives throughout the month and beyond.
I AM REALLY EXCITEDLY WAITING FOR THE BLESSED MONTH!
So @PassingShot is my broda, dunno oo, following one of yr thread but let me follow you yoursef.

2 Likes

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Archmage(m): 8:26am On Jun 17, 2015
how are you preparing for Ramadan?
share your preparation plans please...

I'm away from home. i am missing the vibe and feel of Ramadan.

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by babaireti(m): 8:29am On Jun 17, 2015
May Allah accept our Ibaadah-Aamin
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by soulhighman(m): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2015
usbcable:

the kasala is due to the high handedness of muslims.
we can deny it all we like but the evidence of science in this matter is indisputable.
I hear you
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Liebnitz(m): 8:42am On Jun 17, 2015
noordean:
You belong to yellow house?
Don't mind that nomenclature ......i'm in the engineering part of White house and u?
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by cilifa: 8:43am On Jun 17, 2015
prettymina:
May Allah makes this Ramadan easier than d previous. Jazakhillahu khairan
Allahumo amin
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Kazrem(m): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2015
Alhamdulillah. At last, after a long time, Muslims in Nigeria will start fasting the same day. Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Jummyjagz(f): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2015
Op jazakumlla khaeran
2all my muslim friends ramadan kareem in advance!
As we start with bismillah we'll all end it with alhamdulillah insha allah!!
Cc: Jamzig1, bsmithconcepts1

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PassingShot(m): 9:17am On Jun 17, 2015
takleboy:

So @PassingShot is my broda,
dunno oo, following one of yr thread but let me follow you yoursef.
Ramadan Mubarak!
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by noordean(m): 9:25am On Jun 17, 2015
Liebnitz:

Don't mind that nomenclature ......i'm in the engineering part of White house and u?
Physics. U mean elect-elect?
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2015
PassingShot:

From all indications, Ramadan starts tomorrow June 18th.

IN SHAAALLAAH tomorrow bro! Some are even of the opinion that Sha`baan is 29th today and yesterday was 28th. That's not a problem though! As they've counted today as 30th of Sha`baan in Saudi Arabia and since there cannot be 31st, it'll now be a consensus to start fasting tomorrow 18th of June, 2015.

We praise Allaah

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by takleboy(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2015
PassingShot:
Ramadan Mubarak!
@brodaly #RamadanKareem I sight you in my domain oo Tnx
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PassingShot(m): 9:38am On Jun 17, 2015
takleboy:

@brodaly #RamadanKareem
I sight you in my domain oo
Tnx
Where? shocked
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by takleboy(m): 9:41am On Jun 17, 2015
PassingShot:
Where? shocked
Fear not brodaly I knw u kidding Wat i min is d followback u gave me
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2015
takleboy:

Fear not brodaly
I knw u kidding
Wat i min is d followback u gave me
OK brother. cheesy
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2015
Royals1:

Bro we do believe the new moon can be sighted anywhere everywhere so far the weather is favourable. Preference is given to the North source because they have the sky that is mostly cloud free compared to what we have here in Southwest.

Crescents of Ramadhaan had been sighted here too on several occasions. Around year 2005 I could remember it was sighted somewhere in Igbeti. Also in one of the past Sultaan's announcements I think he mentioned Idumota in Lagos when he was listing the locations.

PS: My brother another reason is that while the brothers in the North take it as obligation to search for the crescent, we in the Southwest, stay glued to our phones and TV sets instead, awaiting the announcement.
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 9:55am On Jun 17, 2015
takleboy:

So @PassingShot is my broda,
dunno oo, following one of yr thread but let me follow you yoursef.

Me self no knw sey Passingshot na omooya oo. I dey olwayz feel ham 4 politics sectn.

ALHAMDU LILLAAH we are Muslims

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by babs01(m): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2015
It is not permissible to differ from the
local people with regard to the
(beginning of the) fast and Eid,
because of the general meaning of the
words of the Prophet (blessings and
peace of Allah be upon him): “Fast
when you see it (the new moon) and
break the fast when you see it.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1909;
Muslim, 1081And he (blessings and peace of Allah'be upon him) said: “The fast (begins) on the day when you (i.e., the Muslim community) fast, the breaking of the fast is the day on which you break the fast, and (Eid) al-Adha is the day on which you offer your sacrifices.”
Narrated by at-Tirmidhi, 697; classed
as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-
Tirmidhi
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by takleboy(m): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

Me self no knw sey Passingshot na omooya oo. I dey olwayz feel ham 4 politics sectn.

Yes o brodaly, its a blessing that we are muslims
Let me follow @another broda again
PhusukhWangdu aka ranchodas shamaldas chacha aka Aamir Khan, yet anoda broda from anoda land.

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by bawz012(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2015
hadizadeezy:
Following!
trust me... dis girl is everywhere u go...
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PassingShot(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

Alhamdulillah we are Muslims.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Understanding The Hajj Stampede / Palm Wine In Islam / Why Do Security Accompany The Imams In The Haramain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.