Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) (24336 Views)

The Crescent Of The New Moon Has Been Sighted In Abeokuta / RAMADHAAN May And May Not Start On Saturday! Read This. / What Is Ramadhaan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 10:21am On Jun 17, 2015
This is terrible oo. I just read this on Facebook:

Fuad-deen Olabisi Kekere-ekun:
Alhamdulillah, it has been confirmed that the
whole Ahlu sunnah community of Shaki is
fasting today after the moon had been sighted
yesterday evening and the news was announced
all over Shaki.
Most of the muslim world counted today as
30th of Shaaban or 1st of Ramadan subject to
the sighting of the moon but the authorities
here count today as the 29th of Shaaban which
means that they will be looking for the moon
this evening for the first time and will not
entertain any news of sighting on their 28th
day if Shaaban.
If truly today is 30th Shaaban or 1st of
Ramadan subject to the sighting of the moon
then it means today is the doubtful day known
as Yawmu Shak.
Ali Ibn Abi Talib r.a. was reported to have said,
"I prefer to fast on yawmu shak than to eat on the 1st day of Ramadan.
Can the people of Shaki follow their local
sighting or not. The popular fatwa on moon
sighting is for each locality to follow its own
sighting. If the whole of Shaki is not big
enough a locality, then what is. Remember,
it is widespread in the whole if Shaki as the
information was spread all over the city by
8pm last night and all the conscious Muslims
there are fasting.
May Allah keep us guided in His path. Ameen.

So these Ahlu ssunnah people didn't bother to call the Sultaan or what?
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by MrOlai: 10:54am On Jun 17, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

Bro we do believe the new moon can be sighted anywhere everywhere so far the weather is favourable. Preference is given to the North source because they have the sky that is mostly cloud free compared to what we have here in Southwest.
Crescents of Ramadhaan had been sighted here too on several occasions. Around year 2005 I could remember it was sighted somewhere in Igbeti. Also in one of the past Sultaan's announcements I think he mentioned Idumota in Lagos when he was listing the locations.
PS: My brother another reason is that while the brothers in the North take it as obligation to search for the crescent, we in the Southwest, stay glued to our phones and TV sets instead, awaiting the announcement.

1000000000000000000000 likes!
Happy Ramadan Kareem to all my muslim brothers and sisters. May Allah(SWT) accept it from us as an act of ibaadah (Amin)
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by kwaraguy(m): 10:56am On Jun 17, 2015
yusufobinna1:
Alhamdulilah I am a muslim.No matter how my religion is blackmail I will ever remain a Muslim and Die a muslim.may Allah wash our soul clean during this ramadan.
Amin! May Allah spare our lives to witness this & many more, and accept it as an act of ibadah

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by tunde1200(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2015
Mashalau bro I like that ur way of life only that Igbos don't believe that!.

yusufobinna1:
Walaekum salam bro, M a yoruba boy but working in the east presently.my name is Yusuf but because I love a 1 nigeria that's y I used obinna
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by hadizadeezy(f): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
bawz012:
trust me... dis girl is everywhere u go...
LOL! you too
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Emdee590(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
osadhordy:
My muslim brothers and sisters......this is the month of holiness
Pls let's be holy
And after the month, we start misbehaving ?

E-baadul-lah abi na E-baadur-ramadan ?
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Emdee590(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
osadhordy:
My muslim brothers and sisters......this is the month of holiness
Pls let's be holy

E-baadul-lah abi na E-baadur-ramadan ? Lol
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by takleboy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
Emdee590:

E-baadul-lah abi na E-baadur-ramadan ? Lol
Well whatsoever you called it, one of the significance of #Ramadan is to bring you closer to Allah cleanses you from vices and mend you ways thereby making you more pious and return get a manifold reward for it. so everybody is hoping to achieve it. Remember Allah said "khuliqa l-insanu dhoeefa" # -human is created weak-. So as human we pray for forgiveness surely we have wronged our soul, hence Ramadan is one of the yardstick Allah has put in place for us to achieve it.
Salamn Alaykm my brother #RamadanKareem
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by cilifa: 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
prettymina:
May Allah makes this Ramadan easier than d previous. Jazakhillahu khairan

Sallam Aleykum Waramotulahi Wabarakatu.
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Abuklaw(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
this month of Ramadan is one with no controversy on its day of commencement.
may Allah bless us with the ultimate blessing of janat firdaus.
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by osadhordy(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
Emdee590:
Don't mis-quote me ooooooo emdee590
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by holatin(m): 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
PassingShot:
May Allah preserve our lives throughout the month and beyond.
I AM REALLY EXCITEDLY WAITING FOR THE BLESSED MONTH!
same here bro !

1 Like

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Abduletudaye(m): 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please updates oooo...na tomorrow e go start

Asalamualeikum.. smiley
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by lekan008(m): 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
""" The crescent moon of The Holy and must Blessed Month of Ramadan was said to be sighted in Biu town of Borno State this evening. In Sha Allah tomorrow will mark the beginning of the fasting. May Allah guide and accept all our ibadah and du'a, Amin"""

Verified on the News.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
Emdee590:

Hehe
Na ibadu kullu sana'
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by prettymina(f): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
cilifa:

Sallam Aleykum Waramotulahi Wabarakatu.
Walakun salaam waramathulah wabarakathul
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by cilifa: 1:34am On Jun 18, 2015
prettymina:
Walakun salaam waramathulah wabarakathul

Hajia, sorry for stalking you ooo. Just want to be you are the person am thinking of or not.
Please are you Edo or Yoruba?
Re: Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) by amodu(m): 6:34am On Jun 18, 2015
prettymina:
May Allah makes this Ramadan easier than d previous. Jazakhillahu khairan

Ameenat Oyooyo, Salam alaykum and Ramadan Mufeedah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Understanding The Hajj Stampede / Palm Wine In Islam / Why Do Security Accompany The Imams In The Haramain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.