Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? (890 Views)

QOTD: Who Is More 'sometimes Clueless', NPF Or The Presidency? / Ibrahim Idris Arrives Delta In The Jet Of NPF - Photos / Fraud Alert !!! From NPF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? by gronzywares: 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hi all, my friend recently received this mail from the Nigerian Police Force, with the following email address, yomishogunle@npf.gov.ng
In the mail my friend was summoned by the IG to the IG office i.e. police head quarters for an on-going case being investigated. The mail comes with an attachment which is supposed to contain the details of the case being investigated, the attachment is a ZIP folder. The mail threatened dire consequence if the invitation is not honored.

The first mail came empty, making me think, well so Nigerian Police.

My friend's attempt to reply the first mail bounced back as it seems the mail is a no_reply mail.

The second mail came through but with a strange twist, the second attachment though inside a zip folder came with a file extension ".SCR" the file failed to open because it was access using a phone, I decided to look up what .scr means and saw that it is meant for screen savers. and according to steam it has been used as some sort of malware or trojan virus which could mean that the this might as well be a scam mail.

If it is, the implication is very stark, because it combines both the threat of arrest with the authority of the Nigerian Police to compel people to open dangerous mail. So please if anyone here has received similar letter please share with the house your experience.

lalasticala, seun frontpage please.
Re: Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? by gronzywares: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
Here is the mail

Re: Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? by cheeketo(f): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
am here just to read comments grin
Re: Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? by gronzywares: 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
comments will be very helpful, seun the public needs to hear this!
Re: Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? by vedaxcool(m): 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hmmm, this is disturbing, why not try contacting the police?
Re: Has Anyone Received A Letter Purportedly From NPF Or Is It A New Scam Tactic? by vedaxcool(m): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1983574/beware-scammers-now-use-nigeria another thread

it is apparently a scam email

(1) (Reply)

Pic Of The Day!!!!!! / Special Shout-out To Linda Ikeji On The Report Of Lagos Bad Roads. / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.