Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,938 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi (3867 Views)

We PDP Governors Shared The $56bn Stolen Oil Money - Gov Akpabio / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2009
asha 80:
This topic says: "how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi"

Let's stay focus!
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:39pm On Feb 24, 2009
asha 80:

@BigB1

You are condenming corruption meanwhile you are an IBB staunch supporter.What an irony! cheesy

that is how great thinkers operate in nigeria grin
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by mustafar1: 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2009
FOCUS ON THE TOPIC ABEG!

u can start a new thread on BigB1 highlighting his support for IBB and his opposition/stand on this issue. but please dont derail this thread by questioning his stand here and that on IBB.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by webprince(m): 10:47pm On Feb 24, 2009
Big B1:

Absolutely on point.
Yeah U r all right
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:49pm On Feb 24, 2009
pres-elect:

fhemmy, i did not praise him. read my initial post please. . .abeg . . i praised how he used it. i did not praise him. bekee wink

I still wont even praise how he spent the money, cos it is his duty to provide those amenities to the people, he is not the owner of the money, it is the state's money, each money when allocation is made, it is made to the pple of his state and he is only a manager of the funds, he is getting paid for managing the fund, so i still wont praise him for nothing.
I might beg for a reduced sentence for him sha, but will never praise the negro
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2009
gov obi is not the problem. he is a product of the system. we are talking about a system where people can do things and get away with it. if there were punishments for such crimes, he wont dare do what he did or if he does it, he wont dare announce it.

we have a system that is so deep in us, every nigerian. as displayed here in nairaland where people cant disagree without abusing each other. a system where criminals get honorary titles, a system where it is a ''great thing'' for a governor/ elected public official to spend public money for public good, a system where electoral malpractices are the norm(even in 2009) a nation of anything goes. to single out a governor, who took money (immorally) to buy buses and taxes for the public is like buying panadol for a headache. we should not just cover the headache with panadol, we should find out the cause of the headache . . . . it could be malaria, or typhoid fever. it it is not treated, the headache will return.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I still wont even praise how he spent the money, cos it is his duty to provide those amenities to the people, he is not the owner of the money, it is the state's money, each money when allocation is made, it is made to the pple of his state and he is only a manager of the funds, he is getting paid for managing the fund, so i still wont praise him for nothing.

we are together, i may beg for reduced sentence for him, but b4 that, he has to be prosecuted. the justice minister is very busy for that. but like i said, i praised the use of the money, so that poor man can at least get what he is supposed to get. i prolly should not have to praise him, i agree, but i had to, b/c i know where i'm coming from. it's been doom, doom,doom from elected officials since 1999, or even since1960
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Finally: 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

lol

Its obvious U have not been to Nigeria in a long time. My friend, Nigeria is a whole different kettle of fish. We can all stay overseas and write beautiful posts about the way things are supposed to be done but the truth of the matter is that Nigeria is something else.

I particularly like the thread that was asking "if western democracy was really suitable in Nigeria"
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
I wonder if we will not then, by this, praise the man who uses human heads for juju money, but then turns around to use some of that money to help the poor and needy in society. Roflmao!!!  

Do we reduce his sentence because he helped the poor with some of that money? I wonder !! Is it then ok to murder people for money as long as you use some of that money for good. roflmao!!

this is what happens when you watch a twilight zone marathon!!
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2009
Finally:

lol

Its obvious U have not been to Nigeria in a long time. My friend, Nigeria is a whole different kettle of fish. We can all stay overseas and write beautiful posts about the way things are supposed to be done but the truth of the matter is that Nigeria is something else.

good point. i like being practical.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I wonder if we will not then, by this, praise the man who uses human heads for juju money, but then turns around to use some of that money to help the poor and needy in society. Roflmao!!!  

Do we reduce his sentence because he helped the poor with some of that money? I wonder !! Is it then ok to murder people for money as long as you use some of that money for good. roflmao!!

this is what happens when you watch a twilight zone marathon!!

see another twist, you wicked oh, but i love the new twist
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by mustafar1: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2009
we are still calling a spade a spoon. imagine being treated to a 20 course meal with the money stolen from ur wallet/bank account grin. you praise him for at least spending some of ur money on you. YES?

please dont tell us that this is a different thing because the governor didnt steal the bribe he is using to provide needed things for his citizen. i'll be quick to add that, does that mean if he didnt get bribed he wouldnt have done the things he claimed to have used the money to do?
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2009
we praise ''spending money on me'' , we dont praise ''him'' .

hey, what about stealing ''my money'' and spending it on ''themselves'' ? ahaaaa, that is the norm. my own governor did not spend money on me, which is why i left warm nigeria to suffer this winter. . .
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by mustafar1: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
pres-elect:

we praise ''spending money on me'' , we dont praise ''him'' .

hey, what about stealing ''my money'' and spending it on ''themselves'' ? ahaaaa, that is the norm. my own governor did not spend money on me, which is why i left warm nigeria to suffer this winter. . .

PRESI, same difference HE IS STILL A THIEF! HE STOLE YOUR MONEY!
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
must_a_far:

does that mean if he didnt get bribed he wouldnt have done the things he claimed to have used the money to do?

probably . . . . . unfortunately
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2009
must_a_far:

PRESI, same difference HE IS STILL A THIEF! HE STOLE YOUR MONEY!

yes, (anambra money, i am from imo) is that news?
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Feb 24, 2009
No be the same oil money we all dey get?? Roflmao!!
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by mustafar1: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2009
pres-elect:

yes, (anambra money, i am from imo) is that news?

i guess i shouldnt be bothered about bad governance in Anambra because im yoruba and not from anambra state?

packs his load from the thread and heads for the next bus back to yorubaland, the same way i'll pack my load and head out from nigeria to ghana because the problem is nigerian and im not
i keed grin grin but ur saying its anabra's money get as he be.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

No be the same oil money we all dey get?? Roflmao!!
it is. they are stealing it. daily. is that news?

must_a_far:

i guess i shouldnt be bothered about bad governance in Anambra because im yoruba and not from anambra state?

packs his load from the thread and heads for the next bus back to yorubaland

decision is yours. but if i was not concerned i wont be in this thread.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2009
yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. . . . i guess it's bed time
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by jamace(m): 5:24am On Feb 25, 2009

I particularly like the thread that was asking "if western democracy was really suitable in Nigeria"

True talk jare. Most of the respondents are just talking theory because they are not feeling the heat.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by udezue(m): 6:26am On Feb 25, 2009
hhhmmmm I'm wondering WTF

He put the money back in the state to get buses, taxis and improve roads. The governor needs to look for other ways to sponsor state projects abeg. If he allows them to give bribes then they'll think its all okay and who says the next governor won't pocket the money to himself instead of improving the lives of the citizens. Bribery is dead wrong but actually using it to improve transportation now kinda makes it harder to simply lump him with the rest of other governors. He is not like the rest of em who will simply provide cars for their families. In Awka he built governor's lodge so that governors won't be spending state money building their personal mansions and then stay there and the next governor will do the same thing. I condemn his actions but to haul him into jail for now is what I won't support. He is actually putting the money back in the state thus creating jobs for people. Nigeria is so corrupt that his actions don't even seem so terrible compared to past and present governors.

Now are we having shortage of contractors that he can't do away with those ones? Also politicians always collect gifts and those are to me forms of bribes so that the contractor gets another contract. If the contractors are actually doing the projects and building what they are supposed to build when they get sponsored and then give the governor gifts to entice him to call em again then that is wrong but like he said put it back in the state. Governors everywhere even da USA get gifts and its really bribing but that is why laws are created to reduce the amount of gifts or sum of money they can give to politicians.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 25, 2009
Cock and Bull . . . The guy's just full of s**t.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by superboi(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2009
one question to mr OBI, sir as you were using the bribe money to bay taxi and buses did they give you another bribe? if they gave you more bribe did you use it to buy more buses again from the same people? lipsrsealed. this is sustainable development at it's best grin grin.i think you should give the bribers grin, a state honours
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2009
superboi:

one question to mr OBI, sir as you were using the bribe money to bay taxi and buses did they give you another bribe? if they gave you more bribe did you use it to buy more buses again from the same people? lipsrsealed. this is sustainable development at it's best grin grin.i think you should give the bribers grin, a state honours

that is one very interesting question, i hope someone will ask the "dis"honourable governor the question
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by mogentle(m): 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2009
And the Govnor opened his mouth and spoke NONSENSE. shocked shocked shocked

Whether holy or unholy, a BRIBE is a BRIBE.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2009
mogentle:

And the Govnor opened his mouth and spoke NONSENSE. shocked shocked shocked

Whether holy or unholy, a BRIBE is a BRIBE.

na so we talk oh.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2009
This governor should step down immediately, period.

The statement is despicable and shouldn't be allowed to dissolve into the air as usual; something needs to be done.
There is nothing ridiculous than witnessing a foolish governor in action.
Unqualified greedy leaders who are killing this nation must be stopped immediately.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2009
Big B1:

The statement is despicable and shouldn't be allowed to dissolve into the air as usual; something needs to be done.
Unqualified greedy leaders who are killing this nation must be stopped immediately.

I second that motion
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by asha80(m): 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2009

Including IBB. wink
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2009
Infact, all the leaders in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disturbing Picture Of A Typical African War / Why Nigeria Must Break Up -Remi Oyeyemi / Former Borno State Governor Buys Most Expensive Private Jet For N11.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.