Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs (2700 Views)

This Audi Changes Colour And Repairs Itself When Hit (photos) / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Power Steering Issues: Tips On How To Fix It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by makavele: 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
need advice on an altima 03 2.5s
power steering fluid was leaking, ddnt know, til it got low, topped it up, and i noticed that it still leaks but takes about 2mths or so to get low
fast forward 8mths . . . power steering fluid leaks totally under 24hrs like tap
changed steering rack . . after 1 week, fluid goes to low , still leaking
the mechs checked the hoses and they are intact, even check the fluid container , all good
changed rack 2nd time, and chnged power steering pump, changed hoses too
worked for like 2 weeks . . started leaking again . .
now have to top up every 4days or so . . .
sad sad sad sad
Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by chillex8(m): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2015
Pls ooo
Do cars still use power steering
electronic power steering all the way ooo.

back to your query, your steering rack is still bad. replace
Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by makavele: 12:34am On Jun 17, 2015
chillex8:
Pls ooo

Do cars still use power steering

electronic power steering all the way ooo.

back to your query, your steering rack is still bad. replace

Yes cars still use power steering . . .
If i follow ur advice, then it would be the 3rd time i am replacing it
Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by chillex8(m): 1:13am On Jun 17, 2015
makavele:

Yes cars still use power steering . . . If i follow ur advice, then it would be the 3rd time i am replacing it
Tokunbo steering racks are not reliable. that's why u have issues.
hope you are not a rough driver either.
Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by makavele: 1:20am On Jun 17, 2015
chillex8:

Tokunbo steering racks are not reliable. that's why u have issues.

hope you are not a rough driver either.

Rough na . . . and where would i get a genuine new one, except off eBay
i don't trust these naija "new" stuffz
Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:22am On Jun 17, 2015
makavele:
need advice on an altima 03 2.5s
power steering fluid was leaking, ddnt know, til it got low, topped it up, and i noticed that it still leaks but takes about 2mths or so to get low
fast forward 8mths . . . power steering fluid leaks totally under 24hrs like tap
changed steering rack . . after 1 week, fluid goes to low , still leaking
the mechs checked the hoses and they are intact, even check the fluid container , all good
changed rack 2nd time, and chnged power steering pump, changed hoses too
worked for like 2 weeks . . started leaking again . .
now have to top up every 4days or so . . .
sad sad sad sad

Drive to a pit, take off your agbada go under your car with the engine running and take a look your self.

I recently had a problem$ like urs and the leak was not from the steering rack but a rusted metal pipe on steering rack.
Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Drive to a pit, take off your agbada go under your car with the engine running and take a look your self.

I recently had a problem$ like urs and the leak was not from the steering rack but a rusted metal pipe on steering rack.
One of these days, your puns will land you in a bottomless pit! grin
Do as he says nonetheless OP.
Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by makavele: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

And how did you fix it? Replaced the rusted metal, welded it? or
changed the rack with one whose metal wasn't rusted . . i presume u have a pit . . can i use it?

1 Like

Re: Power Steering Fluid Still Leaks After Repairs by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
makavele:

And how did you fix it? Replaced the rusted metal, welded it? or
changed the rack with one whose metal wasn't rusted . . i presume u have a pit . . can i use it?

Reduced the length of the leaking metal pipe, cutting off the leaking portion and re-cliping to the rubber pipe.

(1) (Reply)

VIO Is Back On Lagos Roads! / Pegeout 307 Problem, Please Expert Help Needed. / Advice On New Rim Size For Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.