Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,761 members, 7,831,449 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. (13226 Views)

₦70m: Amazing Images Of Land Rover Discovery Converted Into A Mobile Kitchen / How Long Does A Car Tyre Stay Before They Expire? Expert Opinions Needed / Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Born2eatPussy(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2015
Nayok:
. This dude D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ truly eat p***y grin

Lol
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by militarypie: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2015
kolaaderin:
Any conversion outside Peugeot vehicles is a big no no. Lexus is a Toyota based vehicle and there frame are factory pre orientated to a specific hand drive, converting them comes with a lot of issues and cut works unlike most peugeut which body frame are designed for both orientation.
That's not true bro, I drive a converted toyota corolla X made in Japan,there's a provision for both ways because the manufacturers know that some countries drive on diff sides. Except there isn't such provision from the manufacturer otherwise,its never a problem. I've done 3 years now without any issue except for tyres and brake pads that I've changed. I bought it in Dubai at 45k mileage,now its 95k.

2 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Btruth: 11:25am On Jun 20, 2015
Maybe with other brands, but if not, the Peugeot is fantastic. Brought some 406 from England in 2008, and got them converted at Ladipo for 50k then, though I bough the dashboard for N110k, but till tomorrow, they are still in good shape, because I'm following their history with buyers/users. The conversion could depends on the mechanics though, because converting a car is a team work with the mechanics. I equally know that the Land Rover freelander is much easier to convert too.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Yazzy(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2015
I used to be a great critic of converted vehicles, but a little over a year ago, I bought a used 2004 Civic which had been originally converted.
I had to do quite some work on it before using, and it's performed very well since then!

Like someone said, it really would depend on the person who did the conversion!!
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Datruggedman: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2015
front page tin,@op,u haven't drive LHD CARS finish ,u dey find RHD POVERTY
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 20, 2015
kolaaderin:
Any conversion outside Peugeot vehicles is a big no no. Lexus is a Toyota based vehicle and there frame are factory pre orientated to a specific hand drive, converting them comes with a lot of issues and cut works unlike most peugeut which body frame are designed for both orientation.

ignorance. You can convert any car without any problem. Take it to good mecho and they will do it well for you. I have been using my car since 2012 and no problem at all.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by 6ft: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2015
my opinion?its a NO NO! Remember if e no b #panadol e nor fit b like #panadol!
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by jidefreddie: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2015
I know a very good mech in lagos who does an excellent job..he can advise
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2015
converted vehicles, two systems are always affected, Braking system and Steering wheel. the functionality of other parts may not be affected most especially the engine. But the electrical systems may be affected. some interior electrical components may be adversely affected depending on the skills of the electician and mechanic. so also the power window button might no be in correct position. Ensure that nothing is cut and joined. Full steering replacement, new dashboard, not cut and join. Drive test and check the functionality of every button on the dashboard. above all, the key. most converted vehicle use key directly not the wireless lock. and believe me, your vehicle may be interfering with another vehicles wireless lock. i drive a converted vehicle. the engine is sound. just normal maintenance but to my greatest surprise, one man was unlocking his car one day and mine too became unlocked flashing double trafficator. i had to remove the battery head for it to stop. but av vowed never to buy a converted vehicle again though. i bought the one am using because it was cheap and i could manage the problem it has. a very big car at less than 1m. market value was 1.6m
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by tonychristopher: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2015
dazekid:
Hi, I am looking into buying a converted car(I have two options) but I would like to know what problems they may have or pose and what to look out for and know.

Thanks for your input.

Do note that converted in this context means from RHD to LHD and not a engine conversion.
Right hand is called aka ewu in ladipo ..which means hand of goat

Now you are on your own finally

1 Like

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by godwinkessi: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
What of the one converted in Dubai? I have a Toyota harrier I bought in Dubai and it's working well.. I just heard someone say a converted car swerved into a bush due to break lock, that scared the Jesus out of me
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by stnwani(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Pictures or #Adonbelivit.... grin
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by pure2012soul(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
chibabe3:
1. Second hand car driven in Naija.
2. Converted from RHD to LHD

DOUBLE WAHALA
I disagree big time. I have being driving a converted 406 since 2012.
Zero Wahala
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by pure2012soul(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
I can only speak of Peugeot cars. I have being driving a converted 406 since 2012. It has been hassle free so far
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by bspyce(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
Not an expert here but will advise you save a little more and get yourself a direct LHD car. Some mechanics may never tell you the real truth because they know you will still come back months later with problems to fix.

1 Like

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nayok:
U̶̲̥̅̊ forgot position of hand breake

II did not forget. Its in same position with left handed vehicles
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by nkemdi89(f): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
No I mean NO, cos you wil regret it mechanically.

1 Like

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by sunsewa: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
dazekid:
Hi, I am looking into buying a converted car(I have two options) but I would like to know what problems they may have or pose and what to look out for and know.

Thanks for your input.

Do note that converted in this context means from RHD to LHD and not a engine conversion.

gbawa,I mean dodge ur head,conversion, then Nigeria use,plus Toyota, if u see what my friends acura legend they bought in honk Kong and converted in Nigeria did to them,u will not have anything to do with conversion, except if u will buy it more cheaper, u can gamble.

1 Like

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by nastyesco(m): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
Don't buy a big car because u want to give a standing impression... They wont stand with u at the mechanic's workshop. Buy a LHD that was manufactured as a LHD...End of story
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Exponental(m): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
my experience is good. still enjoying d converted Toyota hiace
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by olowoD(m): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
I think u should ask why do they leave it for 3 years without converting it.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by dotna(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
chibabe3:
1. Second hand car driven in Naija.
2. Converted from RHD to LHD

DOUBLE WAHALA

U have said it all. So on point
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Originalsly: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
Lexus R330 has always been a top rated SUV...very reliable and technically advanced. The biggest problem in maintaining this vehicle in Nigeria is not money...but finding qualified mechanics and electrical technicians....then if you do...getting the original spare parts...not suubstitutes. Now here you are trying to buy a converted R330.....a car that never sells cheap even after 8 years old....and owners never want to part with them. There is a very good reason why the person wants it off his hand....most likely electrical problems been draining his bank account. Stay clear...no matter the price.

2 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by USAutoBuy(m): 6:37am On Jun 22, 2015
Originalsly:
Lexus R330 has always been a top rated SUV...very reliable and technically advanced. The biggest problem in maintaining this vehicle in Nigeria is not money...but finding qualified mechanics and electrical technicians....then if you do...getting the original spare parts...not suubstitutes. Now here you are trying to buy a converted R330.....a car that never sells cheap even after 8 years old....and owners never want to part with them. There is a very good reason why the person wants it off his hand....most likely electrical problems been draining his bank account. Stay clear...no matter the price.

Well said. I couldn't have said it better

Hopefully he listens
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
gazzuzz any issue with buying a converted 406? can you handle the conversion if one buys a right handed 406 from the uk
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
tooltip:
gazzuzz any issue with buying a converted 406? can you handle the conversion if one buys a right handed 406 from the uk

NO

Nothing wrong with buying a converted 406, though I can but NO I wont handle the conversion.. Its an avoidable stress, cos normal 406 dey market
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
lol, thanks boss!
GAZZUZZ:

NO

Nothing wrong with buying a converted 406, though I can but NO I wont handle the conversion.. Its an avoidable stress, cos normal 406 dey market
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by kinzodigital: 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Btruth:
Maybe with other brands, but if not, the Peugeot is fantastic. Brought some 406 from England in 2008, and got them converted at Ladipo for 50k then, though I bough the dashboard for N110k, but till tomorrow, they are still in good shape, because I'm following their history with buyers/users. The conversion could depends on the mechanics though, because converting a car is a team work with the mechanics. I equally know that the Land Rover freelander is much easier to convert too.

Hello,i would like to do a conversion.
Can you help me with the details of the place you did your conversion?
Thanking you in advance.
You can send the details to my email: kinzodigital@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happened To Izuogu’s Z-600 Nigeria Made Car? / Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher / 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.