Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing (13251 Views)

Better Engine Performance / Boost Your Engine Performance With Addinol Lubricant / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Godspower35(m): 12:14am On Nov 19, 2019
Low engine performance can mean serious and costly problems for your vehicle. It is essential to detect and address engine problems early, before they have devastating consequences. Fortunately, today's vehicles are equipped with warning lights, including an engine check light, to inform you if there is a problem. When the engine verification light comes on, you must schedule diagnostic services to identify the problem. If the light blinks, this indicates a more serious problem that should receive immediate attention.

In addition to the engine check light, here are some additional signs that your engine performance might be
in trouble:

Loss of power

Internal combustion engines transforms fuel into the power required to move a vehicle. The operation of the combustion engine involves a four-stroke cycle: intake stroke, compression stroke, combustion stroke and exhaust stroke. Failure during any of these blows could result in a lack of engine power and compromise engine performance.

Unusual or excessive noise

Problems in the combustion flow can lead to a wide variety of strange sounds, such as bumps, whistles, bursts or shots. Every time you hear strange noises when you start your vehicle, consider it a warning signal.

Bad gas mileage

Having to fill your gas tank more often than usual could mean more than a blow to your budget. It could mean that there is a problem with the compression stroke of your engine. Fixing it can be as simple as having a fuel injection service or getting an adjustment. Your best course of action is to make a diagnosis to make sure it is not a more serious problem.

Engine stops

When it comes to automatic transmission vehicles, engine blocking is very unusual and probably means there is a problem with the engine. The most common problem is that the intake stroke does not get the spark or the air / fuel mixture it needs. Here, the problem can be solved by an adjustment, but it could also be more serious and should be checked.

Strange smells

Like sounds, anything persistent and unusual should not be ignored with smells. Problems with the escape run can cause strange odors to be perceived in the vehicle.

Engine running

If your car continues to run after you turn it off, you should have it checked. This sign of problematic engine performance is more common in high performance vehicles. Causes of the problem may include incorrect octane gas for the vehicle, a defective solenoid or problems with the carburetor.

Engine malfunctions

Obstructions in the system or old spark plugs can cause a bad engine, as well as an improper octane in gasoline or a low battery. Like the other problems mentioned, a simple adjustment could be all that is needed to remedy a bad engine.
As with any vehicle problem you may encounter, the important thing is that problems or engine performance signals are addressed as soon as possible to avoid further costs and complications.

LAST WORDS
Low engine performance can mean serious problems for your vehicle. Pay attention to these signs and resolve as soon as possible.

Thanks for Viewing
Keep Enjoying Eliancars

Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/11/7-signs-that-your-cars-engine.html#more

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by cosby02(m): 12:21am On Nov 19, 2019
Lemme wait here for those who have something to say.

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by izuch(m): 2:27am On Nov 19, 2019
shocked nice
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by ForeThinker: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2019
Informative thx
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Jestin: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2019
Always endeavor to service your car as at when due. It will give the engine long lifespan

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Mutecgold92(m): 6:50am On Nov 20, 2019
Kkk
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by lonelydora: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2019
Using non recommended grade of engine and transmission oil.

You guys should stop using Abro in youe gear boxes

3 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by SoftP(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2019
Without Mixing words, 90% of cars in Nigeria has that Check indicator light on.

exhausted all options to check if my car was healthy, i was made to understand that though my car was in good condition and ok, but the reason my check light was still on is because I didn't get my parts directly from the manufacturer.
No matter how well u try to clear it off, it will still resurface.
So i totally don't agree with OP's idea that check light indicates an unhealthy engine

8 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by helinues: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2019
Since all this years, My Legbenz never developed any faults..

This story is not for us

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by mascot87(m): 6:54am On Nov 20, 2019
cosby02:
Lemme wait here for those who have something to say.

Iffa tear you slap
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by cardoctor(m): 6:56am On Nov 20, 2019
Pls stop confusing people with this post. Do your research well before coming here with this krap.
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Conceptman: 6:58am On Nov 20, 2019
mascot87:

Iffa tear you slap
if e faint nko?

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by maxiuc(m): 7:01am On Nov 20, 2019
cheesy grin

My Toyota Camry 2008 XLE consumes much fuel is it because it has double exhaust pipe

Am not understanding ooooooo
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by rectitude(m): 7:02am On Nov 20, 2019
Good one. Thanks
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Shawlambivert(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2019
Well done Sir
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by DaudaAbu(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2019
U try sha as e take concern me
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by mascot87(m): 7:05am On Nov 20, 2019
Conceptman:
if e faint nko?

I go tear him faint slap too undecided
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Conceptman: 7:07am On Nov 20, 2019
mascot87:

I go tear him faint slap too undecided
ahaa person wey Don faint join , wetin the guy do you reach dis, make you forgive am na
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by ately1(m): 7:09am On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for the update. man

(
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Mrford(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2019
SoftP:

exhausted all options to check if my car was healthy, i was made to understand that though my car was in good condition and ok, but the reason my check light was still on is because I didn't get my parts directly from the manufacturer.
So i totally don't agree with OP's idea that check light indicates an unhealthy engine

Who lied to you like this?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by maxiuc(m): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2019
SoftP:

you're right I also experienced that the moment I change the Alloy wheels that came with the car to another one with different design the check light came up immediately

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by paix(m): 7:17am On Nov 20, 2019
On number 6; Carbon deposits on the pistons can cause the engine to run after switching off. It is called PREIGNITION. The heated carbon deposits now serve as the spark plugs that ignite the mixture of fuel and air in the cylinder, as a result it causes pinking. This will continue until it cools down or you engage the gear to stop it from running.
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Mrford(m): 7:17am On Nov 20, 2019
Godspower35:
Low engine performance can mean serious and costly problems for your vehicle. It is essential to detect and address engine problems early, before they have devastating consequences. Fortunately, today's vehicles are equipped with warning lights, including an engine check light, to inform you if there is a problem. When the engine verification light comes on, you must schedule diagnostic services to identify the problem. If the light blinks, this indicates a more serious problem that should receive immediate attention.

In addition to the engine check light, here are some additional signs that your engine performance might be
in trouble:

Loss of power

Internal combustion engines transforms fuel into the power required to move a vehicle. The operation of the combustion engine involves a four-stroke cycle: intake stroke, compression stroke, combustion stroke and exhaust stroke. Failure during any of these blows could result in a lack of engine power and compromise engine performance.

Unusual or excessive noise

Problems in the combustion flow can lead to a wide variety of strange sounds, such as bumps, whistles, bursts or shots. Every time you hear strange noises when you start your vehicle, consider it a warning signal.

Bad gas mileage

Having to fill your gas tank more often than usual could mean more than a blow to your budget. It could mean that there is a problem with the compression stroke of your engine. Fixing it can be as simple as having a fuel injection service or getting an adjustment. Your best course of action is to make a diagnosis to make sure it is not a more serious problem.

Engine stops

When it comes to automatic transmission vehicles, engine blocking is very unusual and probably means there is a problem with the engine. The most common problem is that the intake stroke does not get the spark or the air / fuel mixture it needs. Here, the problem can be solved by an adjustment, but it could also be more serious and should be checked.

Strange smells

Like sounds, anything persistent and unusual should not be ignored with smells. Problems with the escape run can cause strange odors to be perceived in the vehicle.

Engine running

If your car continues to run after you turn it off, you should have it checked. This sign of problematic engine performance is more common in high performance vehicles. Causes of the problem may include incorrect octane gas for the vehicle, a defective solenoid or problems with the carburetor.

Engine malfunctions

Obstructions in the system or old spark plugs can cause a bad engine, as well as an improper octane in gasoline or a low battery. Like the other problems mentioned, a simple adjustment could be all that is needed to remedy a bad engine.
As with any vehicle problem you may encounter, the important thing is that problems or engine performance signals are addressed as soon as possible to avoid further costs and complications.

LAST WORDS
Low engine performance can mean serious problems for your vehicle. Pay attention to these signs and resolve as soon as possible.

Thanks for Viewing
Keep Enjoying Eliancars

Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/11/7-signs-that-your-cars-engine.html#more

Op, Do more research, then come back and repost.
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Helinuex: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2019
lonelydora:
Using non recommended grade of engine and transmission oil.

You guys should stop using Abro in youe gear boxes

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Mrford(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2019
maxiuc:
you're right I also experienced that the moment I change the Alloy wheels that came with the car to another one with different design the check light came up immediately

Most Nigeria cars have their check engine light on, that i will agree. Apart from that he is very wrong. He should quit patronising kazeems.

Your check engine light came up because your car rim has the tpms (tire pressure monitoring sensor) build inside it. Your new set didn't have them. Your car ECM couldn't dictect the sensor signal after the change causing it to pop those light on.
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Wasky101: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2019
Nice
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by femi4: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2019
If your car continues to run after you turn it off,

That's spiritual grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by mascot87(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2019
Conceptman:
ahaa person wey Don faint join , wetin the guy do you reach dis, make you forgive am na

angry
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by sunzie(m): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2019
Great Information..Thank you bro..
Re: 7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 20, 2019
maxiuc:
cheesy grin

My Toyota Camry 2008 XLE consumes much fuel is it because it has double exhaust pipe

Am not understanding ooooooo

Remove one exhaust na cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? / Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.