Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites (35469 Views)

Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW / FG To Build 2,400MW Nuclear Plants In Kogi, A' Ibom States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Calebosko(m): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
tempest01:

That's cool...a little far though
ya
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by PPAngel(f): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
They can't maintain simple street transformer nah nuke plant.

Gergeru is home to a new coal fired plant that has not generated an amp of electricity to light one single bulb they now want to locate another power plant there. Besides nothing ever planned in Kogi ever sees fruition - too much winch.

As for Akwa Ibom, we don't need a nuke plant. Let them site it in the southwest. We have a sea of natural gas under our feet in the ND to power the whole country the next 100yrs. Send your nuke plant to Bauchi or Osun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by PPAngel(f): 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
attacker231 come post your rubish again nah?

Jobless tout

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
PPAngel:
They can't maintain simple street transformer nah nuke plant.

Gergeru is home to a new coal fired plant that has not generated an amp of electricity to light one single bulb they now want to locate another power plant there. Besides nothing ever planned in Kogi ever sees fruition - too much winch.

As for Akwa Ibom, we don't need a nuke plant. Let them site it in the southwest. We have a sea of natural gas under our feet in the ND to power the whole country the next 100yrs. Send your nuke plant to Bauchi or Osun.
Wrong information dishing out on a public forum. There is no coal plant in Geregu.
The witches in Kogi cannot measure up to Akwa not to talk of Ibom
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Cargoed: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
Please those people saying that solar for 1bedroom cost N1m are lying. they should check the current price. "My guy them cheat u"

The guys at the Nuclear agency look like they are board. They should spend their time doing research on fuel cells and stop this nonsence.

All the countries that industrialized due to nuclear are regretting it and are desperate to shut them down now. remember m=c√2 squared.

If any one must do business with Russia please ask them to build us a huge refinary even if it cost Usd40bill

If a single newspaper announce that there was a leak at a plant before it is even verified, EU/US/China. Will ban all our agric exports permanently.

My last question is why do we like try and see? this is not okrika shirt ohh.

Building a power plant for 35yrs when I can hang a solar panel on my roof and cut off from NEPA permanently in 1hr.

The price USD40bill is not complete what of the subsidy involved in taking away our uranium enriching it and supplying it back to us. Maybe we get Adenuga and Ifeanyi Uba they will give you a flow sheet how it will work at a cost of N10bill/day

Mr presido please use this proposal as your toilet paper.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by PPAngel(f): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Wrong information dishing out on a public information. There is no coal plant in Geregu.
The witches in Kogi cannot measure up to Akwa not to talk of Ibom

You people will just sit in that your ritual enclave and assume rubbish

http://www.nipptransactions.com/ndphc-generating-companies/geregu-ii-power-station/

Yoruba itk
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
PPAngel:

You people will just sit in that your ritual enclave and assume rubbish

http://www.nipptransactions.com/ndphc-generating-companies/geregu-ii-power-station/

Yoruba itk
Stop displaying your ignorance in the public. Geregu is a gas fired plant. It has nothing to do with coal.

It has both phase 1 and 2 with installed capacity of over 800mva.

Learn how to talk in public and I am not yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by PPAngel(f): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Stop displaying your ignorance in the public. Geregu is a gas fired plant. It has nothing to do with coal.

It has both phase 1 and 2 with installed capacity of over 800mva.

Learn how to talk in public and I am not yoruba.

Shatap the plant has 8 turbines with external combustion chambers meaning it can be powered with coal or gas.

Your main argument was that there was no power plant in Gergeru which I have rightly debunked.

The power plant was designed for both coal and gas and since the gas pipelines have not been installed the power plant ought to use coal but for some daft reason Obasanjo built the plant before securing the gas pipelines.

And by the way you are not only yoruba but a concert osuunite.

Stop denying
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
PPAngel:

Shatap the plant has 8 turbines with external combustion chambers meaning it can be powered with coal or gas.

Your main argument was that there was no power plant in Gergeru which I have rightly debunked.

The power plant was designed for both coal and gas and since the gas pipelines have not been installed the power plant ought to use coal but for some daft reason Obasanjo built the plant before securing the gas pipelines.

And by the way you are not only yoruba but a concert osuunite.

Stop denying
Your talk was on a Coal powered plant in Geregu not outputing even a single watts. Have you forgotten so soon.

Geregu is not a coal powered plant I still insist. Its a gas fired plant built by Siemens. I was there for about a week during the installation of some electrical items by Siemens.

For your info, there is no nearby coal deposit in Western Kogi. My friend, these areas are my neighborhood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
Geregu gas plant phase 1 powers Eastern Kogi, The State Capital and part of Obajana, Ondo and Ekiti States while Geregu phase 2 powers FCT and some parts of Central Kogi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by VULCAN(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
@homerac

You still haven't answered his vital question. What happens after ownership is transferred to Nigeria? When nepotism will come into play over who will run the facility. When HR decisions will be based on religious and tribal sentiments. What happens then?

homerac7:

I apologise if I was insultive.

But you need to know that Ajaokuta is a special case of cold war power play, so its problems are complicated. You probably don't know that the US advised us against it after Late JFK initially promised Nigeria a steel plant. Rather, we were advised to import higher grade ores from Brazil rather than processing lower grade ores we have at uneconomical costs. But Russia gave us alternative, that alternative is what we are battling with today.

Then I'm not aware of the contract model for Ajaokuta, but this nuclear one is expressly indicated as BOOT. So unless you are sure Ajaokuta was BOOT too, then I see no basis of comparison at all sir.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by homerac7: 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
VULCAN:
@homerac

You still haven't answered his vital question. What happens after ownership is transferred to Nigeria? When nepotism will come into play over who will run the facility. When HR decisions will be based on religious and tribal sentiments. What happens then?

Straighly, I'm only being rational and optimistic.

Rational that nobody will want to risk mismanagement of a nuclear plant, and IAEA monitors those things like hawks.Yes, they have the capacity to do that. So once there's the tiniest of a red flag, they shut it down operational wise. No sane militant will try compromise a nuclear plant, not even an insane one. They are highly secured by high level procedures, and have take a willful and dedicated group effort to sabotage one. Optimistic in the sense that I believe that we are better people when we are rightly inspired.

Then generally speaking, tribal and religious sentiments don't necessarily kill an organisation. Although, It may not be able to exploit it's maximum opportunities. But this is a subject for another day.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by homerac7: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Your talk was on a Coal powered plant in Geregu not outputing even a single watts. Have you forgotten so soon.

Geregu is not a coal powered plant I still insist. Its a gas fired plant built by Siemens. I was there for about a week during the installation of some electrical items by Siemens.

For your info, there is no nearby coal deposit in Western Kogi. My friend, these areas are my neighborhood.

You may not be able to rule out coal power plant in Kogi because these are nearby coal deposits in Okaba hills there and Udi, in neighbouring Enugu.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by cjrane: 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
It beats one's imagination that north and southwest that will corner everything good in Nigeria now want these nuclear factory to be sited in Kogi and Akwa Ibom! These have been the least favorite states to site any projects in the past. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare / Six Children Killed In Attack By IPOB On Anambra Community / Gunmen & Soldiers In All-Night Shootout In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.