Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites (35466 Views)

Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW / FG To Build 2,400MW Nuclear Plants In Kogi, A' Ibom States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Dollyak(f): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
dazdilijae:

1. The UAE is building the same thing at the same price now (u can Google it)
its a BOOT meaning Nigeria doesn't pay before rather the Russians would invest their money in building the plant then operate it to recoop their money while training and building the required competence locally and @the end of the contract period(15- 30yrs) they transfer the installation to the Nigeria.
2. A nuclear power plant is not like NEPA, the security levels and associated infrastructure cant be easily vandalized its like a military base.
to prove to you we can handle it google [b]Nirr-1 [/b]to see how long a nuclear facility has operated in Nigeria without any incidence or accident
Have some faith in your country we have proven to the IAEA we are capable if not no one would even talk to you talkless of getting into a contract.
Oga you are very funny. You are using a small scale nuclear reactor probably managed by an international companies, as a proof of our eligibility. You might be right sha.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Dollyak(f): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
Do we know the kind of nuclear power plant? The new Gen 3 power plant are a bit safer but they are not without their concerns too.
Most of the huge expense and safety issues (though they have killed far less than coal, oil, even wind, per gigawatt-year electricity) is from using water as coolant.

Molten Salt Reactors use no water. High inherent and passive safety, see http://liquidfluoridethoriumreactor.glerner.com/2012-liquid-fluoride-thorium-reactors-have-passive-and-inherent-safety/. The worst possible accident in MSR such as LFTR would be a few square meters, cooling to a stable solid salt that even traps most of the fission products. Nothing to spread in the air or water. Loss of coolant accident in MSR is physically impossible, the fuel is dissolved in and chemically bound to the coolant, and the materials can handle the hottest the reactor could possibly get.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by dazdilijae(m): 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:

I wish you can appreciate the level of what we have here, rather than using Gwagwalada as a justification of why Nigeria is capable of maintaining nuclear power plant.
One of my criticisms of “Nuclear Matters” is the safety matters, too.
This “long, hard look” at nuclear power requires the scrutiny of aging atomic power plants that are more and more expensive to operate because the technology itself is antiquated and inherently dangerous. Aging nuclear systems and structures are requiring more oversight, more qualification, more frequent inspections, more expensive repairs and more large component replacement parts.
The question is, are we going to be that much advanced and organise by the time the nuclear plant is aging?

To ease your mind have you heard of the Nirr-1 in Zaria? its a research reactor and could be said to be a miniature power plant only in this case it is used for research. it contains all the components of a power plant with respect to the nuclear technology( not the turbines n co)
for its age it can be classified to be old as the core(fuel) is low now and needs replacements ( http://www.rertr.anl.gov/RERTR27/Abstracts/S10-4_Jonah.html ) but its in a process of conversion from HEU(high Enriched Uranium to LEU (Low Enriched Uranium) as to reduce transportation and fuel purchase wahala and has undergone regular inspections from both the IAEA and NNRA.(four times annually without notifications)
Nigeria has operated this facility from inception to date with out an incidence. the regulatory agency in charge has done a wonderful job that it is one of the leading agencies in Africa. The Former DG of the agency was the Chairman forum for Nuclear regulators in Africa. Today the Secretary is from Nigeria so YES WE CAN HANDLE IT
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by dazdilijae(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:

Oga you are very funny. You are using a small scale nuclear reactor probably managed by an international companies, as a proof of our eligibility. You might be right sha.

It is solely run by Nigerians the Present VC of Katsina University Prof Funtua was 1 the past head of the facility
there is nothing like a small nuclear installation. its a HEU facility so not a small facility
we can do it. We have been doing it

1 Like

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Dollyak(f): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
dazdilijae:

To ease your mind have you heard of the Nirr-1 in Zaria? its a research reactor and could be said to be a miniature power plant only in this case it is used for research. it contains all the components of a power plant with respect to the nuclear technology( not the turbines n co)
for its age it can be classified to be old as the core(fuel) is low now and needs replacements but its in a process of conversion from HEU(high Enriched Uranium to LEU (Low Enriched Uranium) as to reduce transportation and fuel purchase wahala and has undergone regular inspections from both the IAEA and NNRA.(four times annually without notifications)
Nigeria has operated this facility from inception to date with out an incidence. the regulatory agency in charge has done a wonderful job that it is one of the leading agencies in Africa. The Former DG of the agency was the Chairman forum for Nuclear regulators in Africa. Today the Secretary is from Nigeria so YES WE CAN HANDLE IT

Cool. I will like to believe we can handle something probably 10000 times the magnitudes of that found in zaria research lab.
In the sheme of things, it is still the best option from an economic point of view. Nuclear Plants are surely one of a kind excercise. In spite of the safety concern, Nukes can last 60,80, or even 100yrs. At these time frames, even 24 billion dollars a pop is a bargain.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Dollyak(f): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
dazdilijae:

It is solely run by Nigerians the Present VC of Katsina University Prof Funtua was 1 the past head of the facility
there is nothing like a small nuclear installation. its a HEU facility so not a small facility
we can do it. We have been doing it
Okay Sir. Really good to know.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by winterfell007(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
lol. God i love ur comment. rather than spend the money on building nuclear power plant. why not use it as fund to build captive power projects using either gas in the south or solar or wind in the north like how fashola did it in Lagos
DeLaRue:

Another phantom project to get long suffering Nigerians excited about 'constant power.'

Nigerian politicians are clever...when they sense tension and frustration building up amongst the millions of long suffering ordinary people, they throw another phantom project (that will never happen) up in the air to get people excited and hopeful and divert their attention from the latest bad news, ie N9 billion naira agbada allowance for legislators.

This strategy works like a treat. The politicians know it. And they will continue to use it. The only people who dont see the diversion are naive youths.

1 Like

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by GodMode: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
Ednite:
actually, ethiopia makes 6000MW nt 3000
I read 3000MW...
Where's the link to defend your comment
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by DeLaRue: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
GodMode:

Have you looked at the location

Kogi and Awka ibom

Kogi is a central state
Awka ibom is a SE state

If this two "projects" blows up Nigeria is destroyed..

I am not worried because the politicians are just lying to Nigerians. The project will not happen.

1. Cameroon will not accept an unreliable nuclear power plant on their doorstep in Akwa Ibom, and France their puppet master will support them

2. Over-fed politicians and senior civil servants living in Abuja will not allow the citing of a nuclear station 2hrs away from them in Kogi

3. America will not allow unreliable Russian nuclear technology in Africa's most populous country - a major disaster can wipe out a chunk of our population

The corrupt politicians just want to get people excited. Thread is already on page 5, so their aim is achieved. Next month, they will come up with another undeliverable project to divert attention. Before we know it, 2019 is here, and one of them will ask us again to vote for him. The story continues...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by whatofyou: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2015
I just don't know why I'm not comfortable with this plan. What happened to hydro-electricity? What happened to the building of dams? We have the waters, why leave them to rest? Naija wan implement wetin go put w/Africa for jeopardy. I no talk say nuclear energy no good but make e be later-- when me and my family don go Japan grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by CSTR2: 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
DeLaRue:

I am not worried because the politicians are just lying to Nigerians. The project will not happen.

1. Cameroon will not accept an unreliable nuclear power plant on their doorstep in Akwa Ibom, and France their puppet master will support them

2. Over-fed politicians and senior civil servants living in Abuja will not allow the citing of a nuclear station 2hrs away from them in Kogi

3. America will not allow unreliable Russian nuclear technology in Africa's most populous country - a major disaster can wipe out a chunk of our population

The corrupt politicians just want to get people excited. Thread is already on page 5, so their aim is achieved. Next month, they will come up with another undeliverable project to divert attention. Before we know it, 2019 is here, and one of them will ask us again to vote for him. The story continues...
Cameroon is irrelevant.
The best they can do is rant. They do not have the economic or military capacity for any further action.
This is a project supported by the russian govt, so france also is completely toothless.
Infact i think the french will probably look for a way to steal the project themselves from the russians.
$20b is no joke.
Anyway, i agree with you that nuclear power plants is not what we need now.
It is too dangerous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by dazdilijae(m): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
DeLaRue:

Please read(http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/Publications/PDF/P1565_web.pdf)
https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/consideration-construction-united-arab-emirates-journey-nuclear-power
also read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates.
Nuclear power is not a kids game UAE is the latest member of the family
Nigeria started before them but the political will was not there due to the huge resources involved
The NAEC had to go to Russia because they were the only owners willing for a BOOT
There are international requirements but no country can stop Nigeria from owning a power plant
Only Nigerian can do that.
the Locations were carefully sited to avoid conflicts
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by harveyspec: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
homerac7:

What happens with T in the BOOT is not my decision. It is a public project which is normally influenced by lot of unmeasurable factors.

you aren't getting the point, Nigeria has no maintenance culture, you brought up the BOOT in defense to the post you quoted to prove that it's out of Nigeria's hand i.e that Russia will build & operate & transfer

But the question is after it is transferred, can Nigeria maintain the facility?

Your refinery is not on same risk level with a nuclear plant, so what influences decision with one night not be same with other. I expect you to remind me again if Nigeria fell to Ebola virus when it got into the country.

if the refinery couldn't be maintained after the transfer, what makes the nuclear plant any differ?

You couldn't handle that which was less complex, how then will you be able to handle that which is complex

The preventive & maintenance policy for refinery could not be followed, how will that of a nuclear plant be any different

Nuclear waste for every nuclear plant in the world is under direct supervision of IAEA. So calm down and tame your ignorance. I'm sure you don't know that oil companies here in Nigeria have been using nuclear materials for their operation since forever, yet I'm yet to hear of any disaster so far

@the bolded, the reason you aren't hearing is becos of corruption & coverup

So trust me, when there is an abuse in management process of the nuclear waste, same thing will happen you won't hear, you will only get to hear if its a major one

I work in the Niger delta region, there are loads of spills in varying levels on a weekly basis, but do you get to hear them? The answer is NO

Am speaking based on facts, what I see with my eyes.

speaking of supervision, radioactive materials (source) for xray were brought to our site & kept in our office meanwhile there is a bunker meant for such. Management took that decision & kept mum about it

People were passing to & for without knowing there radioactive material was there!!

Note that what you call a technical is sometimes a PhD holder in quantum physics or engineering. It is simply the role he/she plays in the setup that matters. Plants runs with complement of several professional skills including accountants, tradesmen, technicians, scientists administrators and lot more.

@the bold, yet you corrected the fellow by saying scientist don't run plants but technicians but here again you listed scientists as one of those that run plants. What an irony!!!

We are building more gas plants, but we can't lay enough gas gathering facilities as required for constraint of fund and time Also is the risk factor of sabotage of these facilities. But nuclear plant does away with need for such expensive and extensive feed stock facilities.

@the bolded, pls these have never been a factor, it has always been becos of corruption

There is a federal government project currently going on in the Niger delta region, they have spent 5yrs now with nothing to show for it, billions have been sunk in & they are nowhere near mechanical completion, just because certain individuals are getting a cut

We can argue on & on, the point is not until a good maintenance culture & a robust emergency rescue plan is put in place. Nigeria shouldn't go nuclear

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Optional2(f): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
I don dy hear am since dy born me 4 Aj city d show till neve happen
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Dollyak(f): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
harveyspec:

you aren't getting the point, Nigeria has no maintenance culture, you brought up the BOOT in defense to the post you quoted to prove that it's out of Nigeria's hand i.e that Russia will build & operate & transfer

if the refinery couldn't be maintained after the transfer, what makes the nuclear plant any differ?

You couldn't handle that which was less complex, how then will you be able to handle that which is complex

The preventive & maintenance policy for refinery could not be followed, how will that of a nuclear plant be any different

So trust me, when there is an abuse in management process of the nuclear waste, same thing will happen you won't hear, you will only get to hear if its a major one

I work in the Niger delta region, there are loads of spills in varying levels on a weekly basis, but do you get to hear them? The answer is NO

speaking of supervision, radioactive materials (source) for xray were brought to our site & kept in our office meanwhile there is a bunker meant for such. Management took that decision & kept mum about it

People were passing to & for without knowing there radioactive material was there!!

@the bold, yet you corrected the fellow by saying scientist don't run plants but technicians but here again you listed scientists as one of those that run plants. What an irony!!!

@the bolded, pls these have never been a factor, it has always been becos of corruption

There is a federal government project currently going on in the Niger delta region, they have spent 5yrs now with nothing to show for it, billions have been sunk in & they are nowhere near mechanical completion, just because certain individuals are getting a cut

We can argue on & on, the point is not until a good maintenance culture & a robust emergency rescue plan is put in place. Nigeria shouldn't go nuclear

You see. This is the reason I am sceptical about the project. Anyways we will be watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by NoMoreTrolling: 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
[size=18pt]ITS FUNNY HOW NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT COAL, ITS EITHER GAS OR EXTREMELY DANGEROUS NUCLEAR POWER.

GOD, WHAT REALLY IS WRONG WITH MY PEOPLE ?[/size]

cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Reference(m): 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hmmm. Before you know it some stubborn fulani herder will drive his cows into the plant and melt down the reactor. Before we know it we will be chomping pre-cooked kebabs....naaa, not for me.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by homerac7: 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
harveyspec:

You know the difference between our positions? You see a half empty glass while I see it half full. Simple!

If you work in ND and see spills and use radio active materials, then you must be an oil worker. So I'm going to end my position here with the story of Du Point.

Most of us know the American giant, Du Point. It makes a lot of defence products including explosives. At the early years, the accident rate in their factory was terrible and usually with fatalities. So the management took a decision to make senior management staff become resident within the factory premises with their family. Thenceforth, accident rate dropped drastically and it became one of the safest industries in the US.

Summary of my tale is that risks has capacity to change human attitudes towards safety. If India, Pakistan, China and Russia haven't melted down from nuclear accidents, then we won't melt down either.

Lastly, a major error in your view is that nuclear plants are still unsafe like what you have in the cold war era. That's very incorrect, as matter of fact more people have died from kitchen smoke and trip hazards than nuclear accidents since Chernobyl. Those plants come with several fail-safes that make it very remotely unlikely to fail during normal operation.

1 Like

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Reference(m): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
Or the reactor malfunctions and the ogas at the top are busy having APC/PDP c.ockfights while the ground turns to jello....naaa, not for me.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Babaji111(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
vanunu:
Buhari should stop this ruffplay, when other countries ara moving away from nuclear power, he wants to build one. He should site it in daura.
Read the story very well. It was your GEJ who initiated the contract since April before going back to Otueke. PMB will surely review the contract and execute it proper alongside others.
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by harveyspec: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
homerac7:

Lastly, a major error in your view is that nuclear plants are still unsafe like what you have in the cold war era. That's very incorrect, as matter of fact more people have died from kitchen smoke and trip hazards than nuclear accidents since Chernobyl. Those plants come with several fail-safes that make it very remotely unlikely to fail during normal operation.

I am not of the opinion that nuclear plants are unsafe, I don't need lectures on fail-safe's. I'm an automation control specialist

no matter how unlikely the event of a meltdown is, should it happen, nigeria is not ready to manage it

remember the BP oil spill, it made news headline, such events don't occur all the time at least on that magnitude but it did

So when it happens in Nigeria regardless of how long it takes, the damage is my concern!!

learn to pass points across without insulting folks, no one knows it all

We are all here to learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by homerac7: 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
harveyspec:

I am not of the opinion that nuclear plants are unsafe, I don't need lectures on fail-safe's. I'm an automation control specialist

no matter how unlikely the event of a meltdown is, should it happen, nigeria is not ready to manage it

remember the BP oil spill, it made news headline, such events don't occur all the time at least on that magnitude but it did

So when it happens in Nigeria regardless of how long it takes, the damage is my concern!!

learn to pass points across without insulting folks, no one knows it all

We are all here to learn

Oga, why the aggression naa? Pls show me where I insulted you in my response and I will apologise.

Pls show me.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by harveyspec: 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
homerac7:

Oga, why the aggression naa? Pls show me where I insulted you in my response and I will apologise.

Pls show me.

Nuclear waste for every nuclear plant in the world is under direct supervision of IAEA. So calm down and tame your ignorance. I'm sure you don't know that oil companies here in Nigeria have been using nuclear materials for their operation since forever, yet I'm yet to hear of any disaster so far.

apart from the bolded, the tone of your post is aggressive & also insulting

it's more of "listen, let me lecture you"

funnily,yours is almost like the man who is unaware that his son is in jail abroad but boosting that his son is a honest & uptight man, meanwhile his audience is aware of the truth

You are the man

Your son is Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by yemi15(m): 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
GogetterMD:
Issues
1- is it just a Nigerian situation or why are all contracts in Nigeria overly inflated? $20billion USD for just 4800 MW of electricity?
2- I am afraid for Maintenance culture here. Nigerians can know how to vandalize and steal anything, electricity cables, transformer parts, blow up gas pipelines etc. Their ignorance won't make them realise the importance of staying away from a nuclear power plant. Even Japan is shutting down all her nuclear reactors after the calamity that came last decade

Good, I thought I was the only one. The going rate for a 1,000MW electricity is $1billion and could be less. The most for that same amount should be $1.2billion. How come $4billion per 1000MW electricity construction costs?
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Okuda(m): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
gbl01:
Nigeria is known for lack of maintenance strategy, how will they maintain this facility? Considering the risk posed by it to the society

my exact same thoughts. I would have suggested they went for large scale wind energy production for power generation because we have that in abundance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by yemi15(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
major466:
The technology involved in Nuclear power plant is highly advance. It will take more than 30 years for Nigeria to reach the desired capacity to handle a Nuclear power station.
The risk associated with these technologies are life threatening with severe consequencies, not only to humans but the environment.
The biggest risk of all is not even the power plant itself, - it is the WASTE. How are we going to handle nuclear waste Where are they going to be disposed Nuclear waste especially Plutonium are very harmful substances with dangerous consequences when accidentally exposed to the environment. They can be use to make nuclear weapons. Is it a good idea to venture into Nuclear power with these associated security risk even as we faced security challenge like Terrorism What if terrorist get hold of the nuclear waste or decide to bomb the facility as part of their terror campaign What happens
Its important we understand that a nuclear termination as a result of accident or natural disaster will render the location and surrounding areas unhabitable for more than 100 years! Which means that thousands of people in that area will have to abandon their lands and be relocated to another area. Are we ready for that kind of challenge (God forbid) when it happens The risk far outweights the advantages.

The fact that Japan and Germany are having a rethink about Nuclear Power plants calls for concern.
Instead of nuclear power, Nigeria should spread her tentacles to coal, hydro, gas, wind and thermal power plants as credible alternatives.

I am on board with coal power plants, India is a good model for coal power plants. Nigeria has a large deposit of coal which should be utilized to bring electricity to Nigerians. Besides, it is way cheaper than nuclear power but unfortunately, not environmentally friendly (better in terms of industrial accident consequences than nuclear power in my opinion).

Added advantage is there is no pipeline vandalism - the main problem with gas power plants (a possible solution could be liquefied natural gas instead which can then be transported in rail tracks to the power plants), railway tracks can be routed from the mines to the power plants. Nice idea, the government should be looking into instead of a potentially unsafe and hazardous nuclear power.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by shady26(m): 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please build that nonsense in the Northwest not South! angry angry angry
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by AbuadStudent(m): 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
GogetterMD:
Issues
1- is it just a Nigerian situation or why are all contracts in Nigeria overly inflated? $20billion USD for just 4800 MW of electricity?
2- I am afraid for Maintenance culture here. Nigerians can know how to vandalize and steal anything, electricity cables, transformer parts, blow up gas pipelines etc. Their ignorance won't make them realise the importance of staying away from a nuclear power plant. Even Japan is shutting down all her nuclear reactors after the calamity that came last decade

To build a nuclear power plant is very costly, you would be surprised that this price is actually cheap
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by AbuadStudent(m): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
yemi15:

I am on board with coal power plants, India is a good model for coal power plants. Nigeria has a large deposit of coal which should be utilized to bring electricity to Nigerians. Besides, it is way cheaper than nuclear power but unfortunately, not environmentally friendly (better in terms of industrial accident consequences than nuclear power in my opinion).

Added advantage is there is no pipeline vandalism - the main problem with gas power plants (a possible solution could be liquefied natural gas instead which can then be transported in rail tracks to the power plants), railway tracks can be routed from the mines to the power plants. Nice idea, the government should be looking into instead of a potentially unsafe and hazardous nuclear power.

Nuclear power is a quick solution, I believe after establishing these plants, we can look at other areas
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by shady26(m): 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Now they are looking for a way to wipe out SS/SE and MB. YEYE DEY SMELL.....PLS MR GMB TAKE YOUR KINDNESS TO DAURA AFTER SINCE THEY VOTED FOR YOU,THEY SHOULD BE FIRST BENEFICIARIES OF YOUR KINDNESS
Re: Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
ITS FUNNY HOW NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT COAL, ITS EITHER GAS OR EXTREMELY DANGEROUS NUCLEAR POWER.

GOD, WHAT REALLY IS WRONG WITH MY PEOPLE ?[/size]

cry

Coal is the reason why many Chinese cities do not have clear skies.....and are perpetually covered in smog.

So, thanks, but no thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Speaks On FG's Move To Revoke Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail / Court Orders EFCC, DSS To Arrest Diezani Within 72 Hours / I Am Highly Impressed - Buhari Says As He Unveils 7 Projects In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.