Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES (3307 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / Can Anyone Who Is Spirit Filled Tell Me How To Receive The Gift Of Tongues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
sportsmaster:

this one did not even read any of the commentaries and explanation,he just went ahead to OPEN HIS MOUTH.
Who told you that tongues can be understood.
Read 1cor14:2
One thing I had let you remember as the Spirit of God put it in my mind is "If anyone think he knows something he is yet to know as he ought to know" You figure that out for yourself. God help you with that
Re: A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES by Princewell2012(m): 12:59am On Jun 18, 2015
@op there re two types of tongues, one can be interpreted thru the help help of an interpreter while other one can not be interpreted hence it is personal between him and God. This is why the holy spirit also gave some the gift of interpretation. I.e when i travel to China to preach there, they will surely give me a man from China or someone who understand China language to help as an interpreter, so that my audience will understand what I'm saying. God is not an author of confusion. Note: the man that speaks the tongues of Engels is the one that speak mysteries, why? because he only speak to God and not to man hence it is personal between him and God therefore does not need any interpretation. In act 2; on the day of Pentecost the apostle were able to speak other people languages through the help of the holy spirit, and the inhabitants understood them, amazed, and give glory to God. NOTE; Why are they amazed? because it was strange to them hence these people are from different ethnicity. God gives the spirit freely as he likes. The apostle of Jesus receives the gifts of speaking and interpretation as well. It appears that such gifts are not ramp erred this days.
Re: A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 18, 2015
Princewell2012:
@op there re two types of tongues, one can be interpreted thru the help help of an interpreter while other one can not be interpreted hence it is personal between him and God. This is why the holy spirit also gave some the gift of interpretation. I.e when i travel to China to preach there, they will surely give me a man from China or someone who understand China language to help as an interpreter, so that my audience will understand what I'm saying. God is not an author of confusion. Note: the man that speaks the tongues of Engels is the one that speak mysteries, why? because he only speak to God and not to man hence it is personal between him and God therefore does not need any interpretation. In act 2; on the day of Pentecost the apostle were able to speak other people languages through the help of the holy spirit, and the inhabitants understood them, amazed, and give glory to God. NOTE; Why are they amazed? because it was strange to them hence these people are from different ethnicity. God gives the spirit freely as he likes. The apostle of Jesus receives the gifts of speaking and interpretation as well. It appears that such gifts are not ramp erred this days.

Did you read my posts..i explained all theses things..
The assembly in acts 2 contained only Jews and Proselytes
Re: A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 18, 2015
visit www.livingwordmedia.org to download our teachings and e-books for free..

That is my church's teachings and e-books are posted..
There are several subjects
just click and download any of your choice

enter the e-books folder and download any subject of your choice for free. Or download them all
Re: A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES by NumberOne2(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
sportsmaster:
visit www.livingwordmedia.org to download our teachings and e-books for free..

That is my church's teachings and e-books are posted..
There are several subjects
just click and download any of your choice

This post will not help anyone. There are a bunch of messages there.
You should title the SPECIFIC MESSAGE that deals with this thread, perhaps someone may take a look to know where you are coming from.
Re: A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
NumberOne2:

This post will not help anyone. There are a bunch of messages there.
You should title the SPECIFIC MESSAGE that deals with this thread, perhaps someone may take a look to know where you are coming from.

okay Sir,i really appreciate ur contribution..

Download the Ebooks.
You will see an e-book on tongues
Re: A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES by hopey8088(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Scholar8200:

Proselytes have had a place in Judaism from early times.[10] The Law of Moses made specific regulations regarding the admission into Israel's community of such as were not born Israelites.[11] The Kenites, the Gibeonites, and the Cherethites and Pelethites were thus admitted to levels of Israelite privileges. Thus also we hear of individual proselytes who rose to positions of prominence in the Kingdom of Israel, as of Doeg the Edomite, Uriah the Hittite, Araunah the Jebusite, Zelek the Ammonite, Ithmah and Ebedmelech the Ethiopians. According to the Books of Chronicles, in the time of Solomon (c.971-931 BCE) there were 153,600 proselytes in the land of Israel[12] and the prophets speak of the time as coming when the proselytes shall share in all the privileges of Israel.[13] Accordingly, in New Testament times, we read of proselytes in the synagogues.[14] WIKIPEDIA.

A proselyte is a convert to Judaism and could be from any nation except Israel. Notice that the names mentioned still retained their nationalities.
Remember:
Matthew 23:15

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Those proselytes in Acts 2 were from the nations indicated.

Besides, can we focus on the weightier matters? speaking in tongues, good as it is , is a peripheral part of the Gift of the Spirit.

Go sidown abeg, go read your bible wella and come back to class, you just be like all these guys wey dey sabi only one topic dey take am brag. Give us scriptures and not wikipedia or google. 2Tim. 3:16

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Touches A Lady’s Vagina & B00bs All In The Name Of “deliverance” (photo) / Covid 19: Was Pastor Chris Right? See New Evidence! / How Do I Come To Know What God's Plan For My Life Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.