Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Jesus Has You Covered (leviticus 1:4) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Has You Covered (leviticus 1:4) (744 Views)

How Jesus Has Deceived The Christians / The Four-legged Flying Insect Bible(leviticus 11:20-23). / Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Has You Covered (leviticus 1:4) by ozzyuk(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him.

Imagine the perfection of Jesus covering you from head to toe in the sight of God every moment of the day. Does that sound like a dream? My friend, that is your reality today because Jesus became your burnt offering at the cross.

In the case of the burnt offering, when the offerer lays his hand on the animal sacrifice (Leviticus 1:3–4), the perfection and beauty of the unblemished sacrifice is transferred to him, and God sees and accepts him in the perfection of the animal.

In Hebrew, the word “accepted” implies being treated with favor, delight and acceptance. This means that you, for whom Jesus became a burnt offering, are treated by God with favor, delight and acceptance because the beauty and perfection of Jesus have been transferred to you. As your burnt offering, Jesus has made atonement for you on your behalf.

Jesus is your atonement or covering for sin. How precious Jesus is to the Father is how precious you are to the Father because when the Father sees you, He sees Jesus, your atonement, your covering.

So every day, take Jesus as your burnt offering. Come to God and say, “Father, I thank You that Jesus is my burnt offering. He covers me from head to toe with His righteousness. I thank you Father, that You see me without spot or wrinkle. You see me covered in all the value and perfection of the work of Your Son. What He is to You, I am. Who He is to You, I am. As He is now, so am I. I am in Him!” (1 John 4:17)

Jesus has you covered. You don’t appear before the Father with all your faults and shortcomings. Jesus proclaims to you what is right with you in spite of what is wrong with you because He has covered you with His perfection. Today, hear Him telling you, “Go, girl! I have you covered. There is nothing for you to worry about!” Hear Him saying to you, “Go for it, son! I am covering you. There is nothing for you to fear!”

SOURCE: Joseph Prince Ministries 29/05/2015
Re: Jesus Has You Covered (leviticus 1:4) by Scholar8200(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
I'm afraid this piece does not seem to refer to the Lord Jesus that spoke in Revelations 2 and 3, but to another.
Re: Jesus Has You Covered (leviticus 1:4) by ozzyuk(m): 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
@Scholar8200 no disrespect I don't think you are seeing the full picture of what this article or piece is about, to shed more light this message for those who believe in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, you need to shed more light or be specific about what Revelation 2, and 3 said about Jesus Christ.
Re: Jesus Has You Covered (leviticus 1:4) by Scholar8200(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
ozzyuk:
@Scholar8200 no disrespect I don't think you are seeing the full picture of what this article or piece is about, to shed more light this message for those who believe in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, you need to shed more light or be specific about what Revelation 2, and 3 said about Jesus Christ.
Alright, I appreciate your patience.

The tenor of the op suggests (correct me if I am wrong) that we can go on indulging in our 'weaknesses' (actually sins) as long as we rest in the assurance of a covering.

Besides, the laying of hands on the head of the animal to be killed was not a covering but a laying of the guilt/defilement on the animal before it's killed.

The Spirit inspired Paul when he wrote that if while we seek to be justified by Christ we also are found sinners, is Christ then a Minister of sin (a party that encourages our continuance in sin) God Forbid! (was his response).
Romans 6:16 tells us we are the servants of who we obey whether sin unto death or obedience (to God) unto righteousness.

Revelations 3:4,3
4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Here Christ warns that if they continue with defilement thru carelessness, they will miss the Rapture.

Revelations 2:22,23
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

The above does not depict a Christ who would overlook sins which we would like to keep and indulge in while we christen them weaknesses. The highlighted suggests that after salvation, we have a responsibility to walk in the Spirit and live in holiness by His enabling; no hiding under Jesus as an excuse.
Re: Jesus Has You Covered (leviticus 1:4) by ozzyuk(m): 10:02am On Jun 18, 2015
@Scholar8200 thanks for the reply and I like the fact that you are not taking this personal but I guess we have different level of Biblical knowledge.

In reality if you are a born again Christian then that article applies to you but if you are still living in sin or think that the article is encouraging sin that is far from it, here is what Roman 6:1-8 has to say to clarify that article I hope it helps. Stay blessed

Believers Are Dead to Sin, Alive to God
1What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? 3Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7for he who has died is freed from sin.

8Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. 10For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think God Calls You? / Reasons Why I Am A Christian. / Narrow Is The Way To Eternal Life - An Explanation Of What Jesus Really Meant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.