Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor (32798 Views)

Photos From Ikedi Ohakim's 60th Birthday Celebration In Abuja / Ikedi Ohakim Visits Nnamdi Kanu In Umuahia (Photos) / Ikedi Ohakim And Wife Celebrate 34th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by MsZeezah: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
@adanna_david papa. Lol cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by sirkezman: 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
I guess im the only one tired of arrests without conviction. since 1999, we can count how many public service holders convicted for fraud by efcc. i doubt if they are up to or more than 5. So does that mean our judiciary system is 'faulty' or Efcc don't have good lawyers or that our politicians are not corrupt? Im just fed up with all this to be honest. the last one convicted was told to pay back 1/10000 of the loot, i wonder how that works

msccchhew

ademoladeji:
A former governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim, has been arrested by the Economic and FINANCIAL Crimes COMMISSION, EFCC.

Mr. Ohakim, governor between 2007 and 2011, was arrested Thursday at about 10.05 am at his residence in the Asokoro district of Abuja.

A source at the commission said an invitation was sent to the former governor but that he failed to turn up Wednesday as advised.

EFCC operatives, who had been on his trail for days, our source said, stormed his residence Thursday and drove him in an unmarked car to the commission’s headquarters in the Maitama district of the nation’s CAPITAL.

He is currently being detained, with his interrogation expected to begin later in the day.

The source said the former governor has questions to answer concerning a number of PROPERTY allegedly traced to him.

Also, a former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, has willingly surrendered himself for questioning almost the same time Mr. Ohakim was brought into the EFCC’s headquarters in Abuja.

He is currentl‎y been quizzed by the commission’s operatives over alleged bribery and MONEY laundering offences.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185273-efcc-arrests-former-imo-governor-ikedi-ohakim.html?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by jck1976(m): 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
fatdon2:
No big deal. He is not above the
law.
If he has a case to answer, let him
answer it. I know this is selective
Justice, as there are several
people far more corrupt than
Ikedi Ohakim walking as free men. But if
Ikedi Ohakim is found wanting, let him face the law!

Let's start from someone.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by chimerase2: 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Ochenawanta..Imo people don't know how to laugh.

I will win hands down, i have the structure.

Oha Kin Kin
I WILL WIN AND I WILL WIN WITH WIDE MARGIN
even hot fm owerri style use it in de pre news advert grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by jck1976(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
viczing:
EFCC is just waking up now like the Daura President smh
At least they have woken up.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by 9jatatafo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
With plea bargain EFCC will set him free and he will enjoy his loot. So this is no news
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by emenezer(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
I see Rochas' hand in this.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by Tochi93: 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
let them make sure that all past leaders that have stolen from us should return so.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by Flets: 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
When are we arresting

Tinubu
Fashola
Amaechi
OBJ
Atiku
Kwankwaso
Etc........

Or they are all saints?
Buhari must start from his closet or else he is witch hunting

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by bobcharly(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
e yaf red for Ohakim...one by one, we go catch all of them...his misery just started..
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by carzola(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
We are here to see our next Timpre Sylva!!! lets not forget the presidential pardon. Aside traveling like a tourist the other thing the president did was release Timpre Sylva one of the most corrupt politician alive. and you expect him to fight corruption heheheheeh!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by Abugab(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
Everything is already being politicized.
'selective justice'
'witch hunting'
'apc and okorocha's handwork'

Yet Nigerians want govt to fight corruption to zero level
Maybe, Nigerians should draw up a roaster of who to start with first.
Painful that the victims of corruption defend the corrupt.
Is this ignorance, tribalism, bigotry or lack of common sense?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by austentero: 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
That's a good beginning.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by ybalogs(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
Patience good people of Nigeria. Let's just wait till we find out the final verdict. He's still innocent until proven otherwise.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by ReachRich(m): 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
T A Orji should be next
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by Badgers14: 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
hope this is not gara gara because since EFCC inception they have not made any high profile conviction.

any ways just observing EFCC from my hut in France cool
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by chynergy1(m): 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
how many have been jailed?
all this arrest, mmmm na today?
we need justice, we need what belongs to us to
be used judiciously for the common good.
honestly corruption is an ill wind that does no one any good.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
I have waited so long for this. Thanks to PMB.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
I'm not interested in all these stories, if he is found wanting let him face the wrath of the law. Wetin concern me
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by guttentag(m): 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
sirkezman:
I guess im the only one tired of arrests without conviction. since 1999, we can count how many public service holders convicted for fraud by efcc. i doubt if they are up to or more than 5. So does that mean our judiciary system is 'faulty' or Efcc don't have good lawyers or that our politicians are not corrupt? Im just fed up with all this to be honest. the last one convicted was told to pay back 1/10000 of the loot, i wonder how that works

msccchhew

You are so on point, nigerians need deliverance
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
chimerase2:
I WILL WIN AND I WILL WIN WITH WIDE MARGIN
even hot fm owerri style use it in de pre news advert grin

That guys was a very big Imo criminal, He was driving Royce Rooce Phantom everywhere. He had abt 4 black on it on his convoy
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by Asatiloko(f): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
witch hunters ;Dwitch hunters
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by ihedioramma: 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
winniz:
The witch hunting has just began, na Okorocha and APC handwork.
Talk like human. what did ohakiunu did for four years in imo state tell nigerian's? let him go and sell all that he buy the time he is governor and give us our money back.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by millionaireman: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Heeey!!! Kim Kim don enter o ----

Abi Kim Kim no sabi as others de take play ball - no be Naija we dey?
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by egelege: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Let's see the outcome.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by henrysam(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
This EFCC boss really want to maintain his job under PMB. He's just waking up now. Where was EFCC before?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by ihedioramma: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Why dont he go to efcc befor if he is free just like soludo?
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by Flets: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
Abugab:
Everything is already being politicized.
'selective justice'
'witch hunting'
'apc and okorocha's handwork'

Yet Nigerians want govt to fight corruption to zero level
Maybe, Nigerians should draw up a roaster of who to start with first.
Painful that the victims of corruption defend the corrupt.
Is this ignorance, tribalism, bigotry or lack of common sense?

And that is what some of you have refused to learn. A complex society such a Nigeria and its multi ethnic challenges and ethnocentrism cannot be rid of corruption through the noisy arrest and jail methods.

Every attempt will be politicized and regionalied and would not end corruption either as our patriotism ends at our regions.

Our systems are so porous that every public office holder is jail worthy by default. We must fix these systems first ..... And make it tough to loot public funds.

Only after the systems are fixed can we narrow down to the few offenders who will attempt to bypass the system. For now, both the prosecutor and accused are corrupt.

GEJ was the man that saw through these ramblings and noise
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by millionaireman: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kim Kim don enter; meanwhile, the fatter ones are frolicking in Hilltop houses and state-of-the-art mansions all over Naija.

Hopefully, any recovery from Kim Kim must be returned to IMSG. Imo needs cash to complete the too many uncompleted projects in the state - including the ones Kim Kim left behind.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by winniz: 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
ihedioramma:
Talk like human. what did ohakiunu did for four years in imo state tell nigerian's? let him go and sell all that he buy the time he is governor and give us our money back.

It's hightime you make use of your brain, Has Okoroawusa that is heavily involved in these paid Imolites their 11 months salary?
Re: EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor by ethicalUser(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
He should be tried and jailed if possible . wicked man who use 8billion to dredge a small river , a man who summoned a Rev father to his office and flogged him mercilessly. This is just the beginning ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Potential Presidents / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… / 2019: Court sacks all APC candidates In Cross-Rivers - DailyPost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.