Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers (3415 Views)

President Buhari Calls Obiano On Phone Over Ozubulu Catholic Church Attack / Aisha Buhari Calls Fayose A Mad Dog; Nigerians On Twitter React / Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers Despite Recent Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by papaejima1: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
Recall that Ex-president Jonathan was harassed, embarrassed and lampooned by the opposition for referring to Boko haram as "Our Siblings"
So what has changed in less than one month of his leaving power to now make Boko Haram Buhari's "Brothers"?

Abuja – President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Nigerians to pray for the return of peace, love and prosperity throughout the country as Muslims start the 2015 Ramadan fast.
The President in a message signed by the Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity), Garba Shehu, implored Muslims to seek maximum benefits from the Ramadan period “by being helpful to all manner of people, learning and following the true message of the religion as taught by the Holy Prophet.” Also He appealed to misguided brothers to drop arms, embrace peace which Islam stands for.Buhari boko
The President in his message directed an appeal to the perpetrators of violence and destruction in the name of Islam all over the world to desist from tarnishing the name of the religion.

“As we make collective efforts to bring to a permanent end the menace of the Boko Haram in the Lake Chad basin countries, let me use this auspicious occasion to appeal to our misguided brothers to drop their arms, embrace peace and seek a better understanding of Islam during this Holy period and beyond,” Buhari said.
The President prayed to Allah to bring peace and harmony to all parts of the country and the world at large.
“I wish all our citizens a blessed Ramadan. Ramadan Kareem Mubarak,” the statement concluded.
Atiku urges Muslims to pray for peace
Also the former Vice President Abubakar Atiku too called on Muslims to pray for the peace of the country which has been facing the grimmest challenge with the monster of terrorism disrupting social and economic life of the people.
In a statement in Abuja on Wednesday, Atiku said he was constantly saddened by the frequent explosion of conflicts and violence, which poses threat to the country’s peace.

According to Atiku, Muslim leaders should intensify efforts to eliminate the influence of extremists in the life of Muslims, calling on political leaders to show extra vigilance to stem the growth of extremism.
The Turaki Adamawa expressed sadness that people have been turned to captives of fear because of the spectre of terrorism.
He called for urgent action to attack the roots of terrorism by attacking the ideology.
To attack the ideology, he explained that innocent Muslim disciples should be shielded from the influences of extremist teachers, who might exploit their ignorance and push them into criminal atrocities.
Atiku also expressed his sadness at how a minority group of misguided bigots are giving innocent Muslims a baggage of negative image.
He, however, advised Muslims to continue to pray for the peace of Nigeria.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ramadan-buhari-appeals-to-misguided-brothers-to-drop-arms-embrace-peace/#sthash.UW9DtHDb.dpuf

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by inteli: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
Are you suprise?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by truefact: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wonders shall never end....misguided brothers....He calls them....APC and north take the rest for a ride....

..no wonder, a fight against BH is a fight against the north

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Sandydayz(f): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
It's the truth..... They are....brothers

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by greatmarshall(m): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yeah they are his brothers of same faith but misguided...
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by donholy28(m): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
No be new thing after all he said An attack on boko haram is an attack on d north

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sandydayz:
It's the truth..... They are....brothers
Blood is ever thicker than water!

We know all this while!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by 9jatriot(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
Is Asari Dokunbo not a muslim, is he not a misguided brother?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by opiaoku: 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Tallesty1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
There is no change yet.

Everything APC have been doing are the very things they accused PDP of.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Sandydayz(f): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
ZKOSOSO:

Blood is ever thicker than water!

We know all this while!!
Pure truth.... hard to accept

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by temitemi1(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
I'm not surprise grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Soreza(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ofcourse they are fellow Nigerians living in one country,abroad when I see any hausa,yoruba,igbo whatever we are brothers from one country.so as an igbo guy I can say they are our brothers with different and evil ideologies.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Soreza(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ofcourse we are fellow Nigerians living in one country,abroad when I see any hausa,yoruba,igbo whatever we are brothers from one country.so as an igbo guy I can say they are our brothers with different and evil ideologies.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by rawtouch: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
So he knows them and has been in touch with them, they also hold family meetings regularly I see

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by obailala(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
Another not-too-smart Jonathanian opening another dumb thread to spew bullcrap angry

Of course Bh members are our brothers, but Jonathan called them 'Our Siblings'

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by koboko69: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
9jatriot:

Are u minding the confused ediots?

Soreza:
Ofcourse they are fellow Nigerians living in one country,abroad when I see and any hausa,yoruba,igbo whatever we are brothers from one country.so as an igbo guy I can say they are our brothers with different and evil ideologies.

Dont wast your time on trolls......

temitemi1:
I'm not surprise grin

Your english is so poor, hence u never post more than a line. Kindly add d and stop embarrassing your programmers.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by papaejima1: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
obailala:
Another not-too-smart Jonathanian opening another dumb thread to spew bullcrap angry

Look in the Mirror mate. undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by ITbomb(m): 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
obailala:

If anybody kills you now, they would not be committing a crime but doing our planet a laudable favour - one less castrated banshee to worry about

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Vision4God: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Alll Izzzzzz Wweeelllllll
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Buhari was toppled 30th May 2015.
All subsequent images of him including appearance at summits were recorded between 1st April and 27th May 2015 and being presented as current events.

There are video evidence proving the president was not present at live sessions of African leaders at the recent AU summit.

Fellow Nigerians you have been disenfranchised!

You voted General Buhari but you are getting Yemi Osinbajo, you voted for change but you getting continuation of cluelessness by the backdoor.
Wherever he maybe may the gods bless our General.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by temitemi1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
I delibrately left out the letter 'd' for my errand boy to add
koboko69:

Your english is so poor, hence u never post more than a line. Kindly add d and stop embarrassing your programmers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Soreza(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
koboko69:

U ARE A FOOL,IS ENGLISH YOUR LANGUAGE?? And what makes u think no one is above mistake?do u log in here to check who and how they make grammatic mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
koboko69:

He used the d in his name. 'dumb'

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by stepo707: 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Then call your brothers to order now

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by koboko69: 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
Soreza:
U ARE A FOOL,IS ENGLISH YOUR LANGUAGE?? And what makes u think no one is above mistake?do u log in here to check who and how they make grammatic mistakes.

Yes English is my language now swerve.....
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Chiaka(f): 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
obailala:

Explain the difference between 'Our Brothers' and 'Our Sibling' since they are different you say grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by EMANY01(m): 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
obailala:

Pray tell who is more accurate between the one calling boko haram "siblings" and the one who says they are "brothers" misguided though knowing that men ,women and young teens have caused the violent death of thousands of Nigerians.
THIS SEASON (NEXT FOUR YEARS), ALL YOUR WISDOM WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOWN FOR FOOLISHNESS.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by EMANY01(m): 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
ITbomb:

If anybody kills you now, they would not be committing a crime but doing our planet a laudable favour - one less castrated banshee to worry about

I TRY VERY HARD BUT I CAN NOT FAULT THAT LOGIC.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by eagleeye2: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
9jatriot:
So in your dictionary, Asari Dokubo a FORMER MILITANT is a model Citizen?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by egbaguy: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
Tanoids,food is ready!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers by Chiaka(f): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
temitemi1:
I delibrately left out the letter 'd' for my errand boy to add

I trust you temitemi1 you are good at quenching fires no matter how fierce it seems!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Need To Develop The East. / Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission "LASIEC" Website Suspended / Empty Stadium As Pdp Flags Off Campaign In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.