Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,759 members, 7,831,445 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official (767 Views)

National Assembly Earmarks N6.4bn For Cars / FG Earmarks $1.2b For Kano-kaduna Rail Line ----amaechi / Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by gratiaeo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
Secretary to Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje, said the government had concluded all arrangements to commence the programme on Thursday, June 18.

He said the government had increased the number of feeding centres from 120 to 175 across the state, pointing out that the centres had since been provided with the required food items.

some sanitary inspectors who will always ensure that the environment is clean and tidy,” he said.

Bala said after the meal was prepared, it would be distributed to all the designated feeding centres in polythene bags specially made for the programme.

He called on the workers and committee members to exhibit high sense of honesty and commitment in order to ensure the success of the programme.

Bala said that government had placed those handling the programme on allowance, and warned that anybody found wanting would be decisively dealt with.

“The programme is aimed at assisting the less privileged during the Ramadan period. So we hope they will keep to the tenets of the programme,” he added.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/kano-govt-earmarks-n220m-for-free-food-during-ramadan-official/
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
Who send dem fasting before ?
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by trillville(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
gratiaeo:
Secretary to Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje, said the government had concluded all arrangements to commence the programme on Thursday, June 18.

He said the government had increased the number of feeding centres from 120 to 175 across the state, pointing out that the centres had since been provided with the required food items.

some sanitary inspectors who will always ensure that the environment is clean and tidy,” he said.

Bala said after the meal was prepared, it would be distributed to all the designated feeding centres in polythene bags specially made for the programme.

He called on the workers and committee members to exhibit high sense of honesty and commitment in order to ensure the success of the programme.

Bala said that government had placed those handling the programme on allowance, and warned that anybody found wanting would be decisively dealt with.

“The programme is aimed at assisting the less privileged during the Ramadan period. So we hope they will keep to the tenets of the programme,” he added.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/kano-govt-earmarks-n220m-for-free-food-during-ramadan-official/

Sai Ganduje
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by Firefire(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
misplaced priority.
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by freezone4real(f): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
Good move, I hail Kano State,
"ko da me ka zo an fi ka yaro"
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
LoL... waste of money! Are dey d only ones fasting ni... 220 million over pple who dont know wat dey re doing in Islam... Go and look at deir communities now.. na so so bad roads... Awon ode
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by Kitsune: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
crixtex:
LoL... waste of money! Are dey d only ones fasting ni... 220 million over pple who dont know wat dey re doing in Islam... Go and look at deir communities now.. na so so bad roads... Awon ode

Really? Waste of money? so so bad roads in Kano? Oh well i dont blame you for being such a dimwit.

Anyway, Did you kids also 'criticize' your Igbo governors that built a stadium for $96million and the other one that built a Secretariat for $70 Million (very obvious fraud here btw and the EFCC also noticed it, i've seen BIGGER buildings in Malaysia built with under $20 million but let me not rail on your parade) No? Its only to whine about another states expenditure of $1 Million youre good at huh
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kitsune:

Really? Waste of money? so so bad roads in Kano? Oh well i dont blame you for being such a dimwit.

Anyway, Did you kids also 'criticize' your Igbo governors that built a stadium for $96million and the other one that built a Secretariat for $70 Million (very obvious fraud here btw and the EFCC also noticed it, i've seen BIGGER buildings in Malaysia built with under $20 million but let me not rail on your parade) No? Its only to whine about another states expenditure of $1 Million youre good at huh

Which Igbo governor built a stadium of $96m and Secretariat for $70m?

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by moufan: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
nice, I like this
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by Kitsune: 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kitsune:

Bro I aint a kid.. I also condemned d frivolous spending of dat mumu stadium.. bro we shud b truthful.. Our leaders dont use money judiciously. ....
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by Wildrage: 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
When will these stupid leaders realise Nigeria is a secular state and that spending from the commonwealth to promote any religion is a crime. Fasting is a personal religious obligation to requires personal conviction. If you feed people when abstinence is required, are you going to keep feeding them when they are at liberty to consume freely?
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by fitzmayowa: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
220 million meant for the people of kano is spent on some people because they are observing their religious fast When the same amount of money can be spent on projects that will benefit people of all religion and tribe in kano...

One begins to wonder if the same provision is made for christians during their lent period, no wonder the country is so divide on religious grounds...

With politician playing religious cards to get the support of some people, religion is indeed a tool in the hands of the politicians...SMH
Re: Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official by fitzmayowa: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wildrage:
When will these stupid leaders realise Nigeria is a secular state and that spending from the commonwealth to promote any religion is a crime. Fasting is a personal religious obligation to requires personal conviction. If you feed people when abstinence is required, are you going to keep feeding them when they are at liberty to consume freely?

My brother nigeria is not a secular state ooo, if it is a secular state how do you explain the hisbah police breaking bottles of a tax paying brewing company in nigeria under the guise of religion

How do you explain male and female not being able to ride on the same bike all in the name of religion and yet these places claim to be part of the federal republic of nigeria...

(1) (Reply)

APC Senators In Physical Combat Over Sharing Of Principal Offices / Why President Buhari Refused To Appoint His Ministers (opinion) / The Chinese Stock Market Is Crashing, Why Nigeria Should Worry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.