Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan (825 Views)

Dates FG Budgets Were Signed Into Law (2008-2016) / Kano Budgets N220m For Free Ramadan Feeding / Kano Govt. Earmarks N220m For Free Food During Ramadan — Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by Bimpeusman: 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2015

The Kano State Government has earmarked over N220 million to provide free food to the needy during the Muslim fasting period of Ramadan.
The Chairman of the committee on Ramadan Free Feeding Programme, Alhaji Usman Bala, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Kano.

Bala, who is the Principal Private Secretary to Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, said the government had concluded all arrangements to commence the programme on Thursday, June 18.

He said the government had increased the number of feeding centres from 120 to 175 across the state, pointing out that the centres had since been provided with the required food items.

“Food items including rice, beans, millet, flour, cooking oil among others have been provided at each of the centres.

“Each centre will have a five-man coordinating committee in addition to six cooks who will be preparing the meal.

“We also engaged the services of some sanitary inspectors who will always ensure that the environment is clean and tidy,” he said.

Bala said after the meal was prepared, it would be distributed to all the designated feeding centres in polythene bags specially made for the programme.

He called on the workers and committee members to exhibit high sense of honesty and commitment in order to ensure the success of the programme.

Bala said government had placed those handling the programme on allowance, and warned that anybody found wanting would be decisively dealt with.

“The programme is aimed at assisting the less privileged during the Ramadan period. So we hope they will keep to the tenets of the programme,” he added.
Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by agatson: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
Alhamdulillah sai baba Ganduje
Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by hopilo: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
is it really important?
Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by temitemi1(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
220million 'Change' undecided undecided
Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by PPAngel(f): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Govt sponsored marriages

Govt sponsored Islamic pilgrimages

Govt sponsored fast breaking meals.

But if you tell them to build schools them no go gree saying nah haram

You want to provide them with Polio vaccines they will say it is Jewish medicine to make moslems sterile.

I no blame una, no be free money from ND oil una dey spend.

Parasites

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by Jorussia(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
agatson:
I hope you are not praising the governor for this nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by Jorussia(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
.I don't know the kind of lawlessness will have in this country. Why will a right thinking govt budget money to be breaking fasting?In my Church m.f.m ,we do 70days fasting and prayer programme every year and i can't imagine my state govt providing food for me to break my fast. our govt should stop feeding people after fasting, is it by force to fast self?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by eph12(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Just imagine this rubbish. How long can we continue like this?

1 Like

Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by ebamma(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
This welfare lifestyle is what has kept the North the most backward and poor among all Regions,
If the truly want to move forward, the should start separating religion from state,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by PPAngel(f): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
eph12:
Just imagine this rubbish. How long can we continue like this?

I tire for these people.

As I post this, they are perfecting their amnesty proposal for their Bokos to Buhari and are also drafting a bill that will give Fulani herdsmen land rights in the name of grazing paths across the federation.
Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by PPAngel(f): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
ebamma:
This welfare lifestyle is what has kept the North the most backward and poor among all Regions,
If the truly want to move forward, the should start separating religion from state,

You are very right as regards the welfare state of most northern states. This is as a result of a paternalistic approach to governance which is meant to secure popularity and loyalty to the Governors from their people. This welfare system can not be sustained by these states and needs federal allocations to foot the bill.

But the most wastage is in the Agricultural sector where the FG concentrates most of the subsidies to the north.

This has made the agricultural sector in the north so dependent on FG subsidies that they can't commence planting without govt seeds, fertilisers, irrigation dams and buying of their produce.

A friend once advised me when I was considering going to Kano to buy a car to wait until the planting season and not during harvest as that during the harvest season the farmers who form the bulk of labourers in and around Kano State will have so much disposable income and so commodities including cars hit the roof during this period.

Adamu will not think of expanding the next year or even saving towards acquiring seedlings or fertilisers for the next planting season but will rather use all he made from his harvest to marry a new wife and buy a new golf.

They know that the next year FG will roll out more seedlings and fertilizers.

But if you come to the south FG presence in the agricultural sector is virtually non existing.
You must also remember that Agricultural gets the 4th highest funding in every budget since independence so what this means is that more money is still expended on the north through govt subsidies than any other region.

This welfare policy has made the average northerner lazy and dependent on more and more FG hand outs
Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by fitzmayowa: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
agatson:

This is the problem with this country, how can you be praising the governor for these faulty move

220 million meant for the people of kano is spent on some people because they are observing their religious fast When the same amount of money can be spent on projects that will benefit people of all religion and tribe in kano...

One begins to wonder if the same provision is made for christians during their lent period, no wonder the country is so divide on religious grounds...

With politician playing religious cards to get the support of some people, religion is indeed a tool in the hands of the politicians...SMH

2 Likes

Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by agatson: 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ganduje is Muslim and any good Muslim know the benefit of feeding poor and needy especially during Ramadan and this is his first Ramadan as Kano state Governor, and dont forget that Kano state is Dominated by almost 90% of muslim and christians are living there peace pully that an Ibgo man is a Councillor in Sabon gari ward which is in posible for hausa man to try this in south east.

so b4 u coment more on treating chritian in the state u hv to wait till christians holy day
fitzmayowa:

This is the problem with this country, how can you be praising the governor for these faulty move

220 million meant for the people of kano is spent on some people because they are observing their religious fast When the same amount of money can be spent on projects that will benefit people of all religion and tribe in kano...

One begins to wonder if the same provision is made for christians during their lent period, no wonder the country is so divide on religious grounds...

With politician playing religious cards to get the support of some people, religion is indeed a tool in the hands of the politicians...SMH
Re: Kano Budgets N220m For Free Feeding Centres In Ramadan by Emekamex(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kai Baba

(1) (Reply)

We Northerners Will Forever Be Grateful To Tinubu. / Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo / President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.