Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

ABS For Toyota Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS For Toyota Corolla (3419 Views)

Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing ABS Speed Sensor / ECU/BRAIN BOX FOR TOYOTA COROLLA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS For Toyota Corolla by methodman(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I have a Toyota Corolla 2008 model. Been using this vehicle for over 7months now. Last month, i noticed the brake wasnt as sharp as it used to be so i contacted my mechanic who later said i needed to change the brake pads and all. A week after, i noticed the same problem and informed him about it and he came to fix it up as usual.

One particular saturday, i was about to embark on a long journey but decided to go to the car wash before hitting the road. After washing the vehicle, on my way to my place , i noticed the brake was almost gone, as in totally flat. I had to manage the vehicle to drive to a secured location off the main road.

I called my mechanic and he said the brake is totally gone that i needed to change it and all. He later went to Ladipo to check for what to change only for him to tell me that the ABS costs 150k. cry

Hello forumites, please does the cost of ABS for corolla cost that much?
Re: ABS For Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Funny kazeem mechanics.... my brother den go kill u finish...
Re: ABS For Toyota Corolla by honmusa(m): 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
methodman:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have a Toyota Corolla 2008 model. Been using this vehicle for over 7months now. Last month, i noticed the brake wasnt as sharp as it used to be so i contacted my mechanic who later said i needed to change the brake pads and all. A week after, i noticed the same problem and informed him about it and he came to fix it up as usual.

One particular saturday, i was about to embark on a long journey but decided to go to the car wash before hitting the road. After washing the vehicle, on my way to my place , i noticed the brake was almost gone, as in totally flat. I had to manage the vehicle to drive to a secured location off the main road.

I called my mechanic and he said the brake is totally gone that i needed to change it and all. He later went to Ladipo to check for what to change only for him to tell me that the ABS costs 150k. cry

Hello forumites, please does the cost of ABS for corolla cost that much?

New OEM abs modules with all the peripherals can be up to that.To buy new oem parts ,U need a professional to help you assess what you are buying or you go to eBay to place your order.
Re: ABS For Toyota Corolla by mayor2013: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
Is your Abs light illuminated on your cluste? Sounds like an Abs pump problem. Abs pump can cost as far as 800k depending on the ride. @ op I advice you run a scan on your abs module and this would allow your mechanic see more clearly instead of working blindly. Lastly does the brake pedal tap when you try to depress the brake
Re: ABS For Toyota Corolla by methodman(m): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
mayor2013:
Is your Abs light illuminated on your cluste? Sounds like an Abs pump problem. Abs pump can cost as far as 800k depending on the ride. @ op I advice you run a scan on your abs module and this would allow your mechanic see more clearly instead of working blindly. Lastly does the brake pedal tap when you try to depress the brake
far as 800k depending on the ride? Are you for real?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have This Car For Distress Sale? / I Need help in Programming ECU For Mitsubishi Montero / Help A First Time Car User Decide Between These Suvs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.