Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith (1740 Views)

Why Your FAITH No Longer Works. / EXPLANATION :BIBLE STORIES THAT DON'T ADD UP / Warning! Don't Watch This Video, You Might Lose Your Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
There are times in our christian walk when it looks as if despite all our efforts, God has forsaken us, this feeling may be brought about by financial hardship, joblessness, loneliness, loss of a spouse, health challenges, educational challenges, family misunderstanding, breach of trust, business failure and the list goes on and on, at times like these its easy to loose faith and begin to question our very belief in God, but I want to assure us here that no matter how bad the situation may seem, there is always a solution and nothing is too hard for the Almighty to handle.

I am a member of Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Ministries, I have a lot of books by our G.O, Dr. D.K Olukoya, so most of them are from there, I would not make it verbatim because I cant do that. I would also be posting prayer points for us to pray.

(1) This first one goes out to all those women who have started thinking of going for an alternative solution aside from Jesus Christ due to problems encountered in conceiving, lest I forget these are real life situations.

There was this lady who used to live a rough life, I mean really rough, hoping from bed to bed, clubbing, partying, and so on, she did abortions several times but it got to a point, the Doctor had to remove her womb due to complications encountered during an abortion process, later on she gave her life to Jesus, and put aside all that hard life, she concluded since she had no womb, she could as well forget about marriage, she dedicated her time and all to God and Church, she had decided to live like this for the rest of her life, until one brother told her God told him she was the one for him, she asked him politely to go back and pray well, because she knew this brother did know about her condition, the brother did as asked and came back to say God still insisted she was the one, she had no choice but to intimate the brother of her condition and inability to give him children, he said no problem that he would still obey God, they did the wedding and life continued.

Not long after she took in, she could not believe it, she did test in different places same thing was confirmed, even the Doctor that removed the womb could not believe it when he saw the pregnancy, he also gave his life to Christ on account of the woman's experience, and she gave birth successfully, without any wahala. More coming up later.
Re: Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by 9niceguy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
You are doing great, OP. Tnx
Re: Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by Austin234(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Miracle
Re: Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
9niceguy:
You are doing great, OP. Tnx
Thanks, this next one is on the importance of P.U.S.H (Pray Until Something Happens), In MFM we call it "I no go gree" or "Enough is Enough"
I got this from the web.

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and God appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might.

So, this the man did, day after day.

For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved."

Thus, he gave the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.

Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this? Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough."

That's what the weary man planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and to take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. "Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push.

And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown; your hands are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. True, you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. That you have done. Now I, my friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.

When everything seems to go wrong . just P.U.S.H.!

When the job gets you down ... just P.U.S.H.!

When people don't react the way you think they should ... just P.U.S.H!

When your money is "gone" and the bills are due....just P.U.S.H!

When people just don't understand you, just P.U.S.H.

P= Pray
U= Until
S= Something
H= Happens

2 Likes

Re: Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
This narrative is by the G.O himself, on why you should not go about bleeping anyhow grin grin grin enjoy

I shared the story of a brother who went to a party where he met a very beautiful lady, whose name was Funke; they had so much fun together at the party despite the fact that he was meeting her for the first time. On the long run, right there at the back of the party venue, he slept with her, free sex. Later at 2a.m, he took Funke home with a promise that he will see her again at about 11 a.m. the next day. This man was brought to me when he saw what was more than him. According to him, he went to see Funke at the agreed time and the woman he asked of Funke from asked him to wait while she ran into the house to call the other women in the house (I guess to make sure she heard him right) and when they came, they asked him again whom he was looking for. They asked him to describe her, which he did very well. He received the shock of his life when they told him that Funke died 5years ago. He argued with them that he brought her to the house just the previous night and that was where the problem of his life started. His parents took him everywhere; both psychiatric hospitals and churches but he was silent about his encounter with Funke until he was brought before me (at this time, he was as good as a ‘mugu’, i.e., Zombie) and in the course of the question and answer session (counselling), I asked him who he slept with. At that juncture, he asked that his mother be excused, which I did and thereafter, he confessed to me what he did. It took him 5 years to regain himself and go back to school.
Re: Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Update coming this night
Re: Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
A man came to me the other time and said, “Sir, there is fire on the mountain.” He wanted to pray for a demon-possessed person. He said, “In the name of Jesus, I command you demon to go out of this person.” The demon replied, “In the name of Jesus, I command you to shut up.” He repeated his command and the demon said, “I will wound you.” He was very clever; he quickly took his Bible and ran out and came to me and said, “So demons can call the name of Jesus.” I said, “That was not a big deal." He said, “But the demon replied that I should shut up, in Jesus’ name? Then I told him the blunt truth. I said, “Brother, something is wrong with you. That demon saw it." The Bible’s position is clear: no repentance, no deliverance.
Re: Short Stories That Would Boost Your Faith by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2015
cheesy later

(1) (Reply)

. / 10 Things You Never Knew About Adam And Eve / The Tower Of Babel - Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.