Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) (107932 Views)

The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Accident Involving A Jeep At China Town In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by hensben(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2015
tonychristopher:
YOU PEOPLE MAKE THIS LOOK AS IF PYTHON IS A BIG DEAL...I AM FROM ANAMBRA WE DO NOT KILL PYTHON AND PYTHON DONT KILL US...IN SHORT PYTHON VISITS US AND THERE IS AN UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN US....

WE HAVE BEEN CONSERVATIONIST SINCE 1744 AD ....THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM

I THANK GOD FOR CREATING ME ANAMBRA AND IGBO

UDO DI...ENWERO IFE NA IME
So practically, anambra can also be refer to as snake kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by nerodenero: 11:48am On Jun 19, 2015
We were told about this at Umunya Camp in Anambra state. In fact, I saw a dead one on my street on a rainy day and I took to my heels. I no fit shout. The fact you have to give the snake a befitting burial if you kill it sends shivers down my spine.

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by hensben(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2015
Lilimax:

It is an ancient tradition. Provided it does not bite me, I have problem with that smiley
its cool u have problem with that. embarassed...so technically, i can also say u are fro snake kingdom.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by lucky032(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
HELLO GUYS, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME OF CREATING A THREAD ON NAIRALAND..PARDON ME IF THERE ARE MISTAKES... I TRAVELED TO ANAMBRA STATE TWO WEEKS AGO TO SPEND MY SHORT HOLIDAY WITH MY GRANDMOTHER,@ AGU- UKWU,.. ITS TRULY A BEAUTIFUL STATE, IT'S A STATE WERE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, REP, SENATE AND EVEN LOCAL GOVT MEMBERS ARE ALL UP AND DOING... I CAN BODLY SAY THAT ALL ROADS IN OUR SENATORIAL DISTRICT WHICH IS REPRESENTED BY HONOURABLE UCHE EKUNIFE ARE TARED...REASON WHY SHE'S BEEN SENT TO THE SENATE COS ALL SIGN BOARD OF ROADS DONE HERE WERE ATTRACTED BY HER..........ON MYOU SECOND DAY OF VISIT, WE CAME BACK FROM CHURCH AROUND 9.. I WENT TO THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE FOOD.. THEN I SAW A SNAKE THAT WAS TRAPPED BTW IRON NETS OF THE KITCHEN WINDOW WHILE IT WAS TRYING TO CRAWL IN THRU THE WINDOW...I RAN. OUT SCREAMING FOR HELP , I WAS LATER TOLD THAT THE SNAKE DOESN'T BITE, THAT IT COMES INTO ANY HOME, THE PEOPLE DOESN'T KILL IT, RATHER I WAS WORSHIPPED IN THE OLDEN DAYS SO THEY ARE USED TO HAVING IT AS A GUEST.. FROM THAT DAY ON,I PACKED MY BAG AND LEFT FOR AWKA TO STAY WITH MY UNCLE .. IT TOOK 5 DAYS BEFORE I RETURNED HOME COS I FEAR SNAKES AND ALMOST EVERY THING THAT CRAWLS INCLUDING COCKROACHES...HERE ARE PICTURES OF IT AS WAS SHARED TO ME FROM MY COUSINS

Nne,your adazi enu is wonderful.when next are you coming agukwu i'm in agukwu
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by walemadu: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2015
since it doesnt hurt dont kill
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Octaves(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2015
ceejayluv:
A Catholic priest was chased out in my home town in njaba, imo in the 90's for killing such python for eating his eggs in the poultry . he even had the guts to come to church boasting about it. My uncle saved the clergy ''s butt by inviting police to rescue him as masquerades and angry youths were waiting outside the church to flog him mercilessly.
Chai! your people dey vex o.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by guyX(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2015
rosy4u:
I've never seen a snake b4 buh jux hearing of it gives me goose bumps embarassed embarassed
Story.
Guess u live up in the sky.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by vikeyz(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2015
rosy4u:
I've never seen a snake b4 buh jux hearing of it gives me goose bumps embarassed embarassed
ąђђђђђђђђ, Y๏ม cąЙ LIє ๏ #ßI┼єşlips
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

I saw it too but attributing its visits and un-aggressive nature to the supernatural is what is superstition.

Pythons inhabit places that are cool and where its prey is abundant. They only visit to stalk house rats and farm rodents.

Pythons are non-venomous and humans are not part of its diet.

That type of Python is the smaller specie and not the bigger constrictor. (ordinary Eke and not Eke Ogba)
Oh I get you now.

But I am still amazed how my grandfather can talk to it and tell the Eke which way to go or when to come back whenever it visits.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2015
boss1310:
yea you are right dear,that town is near my hometown and we were told frm childhood never to kill or harm snakes even in the city but guess what i have killed one in the city.
I won't take chances with my life hoping on the gods to save me when i dnt know them and they dont know me.i didn't let my people know about it but anyday i see a snake blocking my road i squash and maim i dnt take chances
i still remember how snakes used to enter someone's car in the indian movie SUNITA.
it still gives me the creeps

Me too,even the one found curled in someones car bonnet in Lagos,God forbid bad thing,thats the reason why i always ensure we close the back sliding window of our house cos my mind always pictures a snake crawling in,Father Lord abeg ignore my sins and protect me and my family from snakes*Amen
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by chamboy(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2015
VenusBetty:
definitely, i cant stay in tha place
God Forbid, I can't even Date/Marry Anyone from der
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
HELLO GUYS, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME OF CREATING A THREAD ON NAIRALAND..PARDON ME IF THERE ARE MISTAKES... I TRAVELED TO ANAMBRA STATE TWO WEEKS AGO TO SPEND MY SHORT HOLIDAY WITH MY GRANDMOTHER,@ AGU- UKWU,.. ITS TRULY A BEAUTIFUL STATE, IT'S A STATE WERE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, REP, SENATE AND EVEN LOCAL GOVT MEMBERS ARE ALL UP AND DOING... I CAN BODLY SAY THAT ALL ROADS IN OUR SENATORIAL DISTRICT WHICH IS REPRESENTED BY HONOURABLE UCHE EKUNIFE ARE TARED...REASON WHY SHE'S BEEN SENT TO THE SENATE COS ALL SIGN BOARD OF ROADS DONE HERE WERE ATTRACTED BY HER..........ON MYOU SECOND DAY OF VISIT, WE CAME BACK FROM CHURCH AROUND 9.. I WENT TO THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE FOOD.. THEN I SAW A SNAKE THAT WAS TRAPPED BTW IRON NETS OF THE KITCHEN WINDOW WHILE IT WAS TRYING TO CRAWL IN THRU THE WINDOW...I RAN. OUT SCREAMING FOR HELP , I WAS LATER TOLD THAT THE SNAKE DOESN'T BITE, THAT IT COMES INTO ANY HOME, THE PEOPLE DOESN'T KILL IT, RATHER I WAS WORSHIPPED IN THE OLDEN DAYS SO THEY ARE USED TO HAVING IT AS A GUEST.. FROM THAT DAY ON,I PACKED MY BAG AND LEFT FOR AWKA TO STAY WITH MY UNCLE .. IT TOOK 5 DAYS BEFORE I RETURNED HOME COS I FEAR SNAKES AND ALMOST EVERY THING THAT CRAWLS INCLUDING COCKROACHES...HERE ARE PICTURES OF IT AS WAS SHARED TO ME FROM MY COUSINS
we revere pythons in my place too...All idemilli areas do.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by noskeybaba: 11:59am On Jun 19, 2015
GreatEngineer:
Yeah, its true, I serve in Anambra state, Umunya. You don't kill pyton there, but I kill about four before I finished serves, two of them came very close to my window in the night so I have to do the needful.

Though people cautioned me then but I told them it's not my religion so nothing will happened to me.

So many thing happen in so many places.

Tell me more lies bros. If someone from Anambra actually saw or knew you killed an Eke, that's the end of your service year. I remember being told in camp to respect people's culture. And going by your grammar, I don't think you will be a "great engr"

7 Likes

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by jnrbayano(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2015
softysparky:

Oh I get you now.

smiley
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by jnrbayano(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
hensben:
You are very correct my brother..smh for these people...

cool
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
At my place in imo we don't kill cats, whether it's by mistake or anyway... not because we see em as gods but we see d as diabolical and killing it might bring bad luck.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by chamboy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
refreshrate:
Fantastic! Technically Anambra is off my list of places to ever visit.
me and snake na like night & day, we no dey see each other.
Tufia
Asin... Emi o le wa ku
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

smiley
I modified my post, go back.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by tonychristopher: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
hensben:
So practically, anambra can also be refer to as snake kingdom.

NO...

not all anambra do that but majority of anambra do not kill python not snake...i mean python...we are conservationist...we have been like that ages...so refer us as conservationist or naturalist kingdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by eko20: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yes oo is also like dis in my place Nnewi we dnt kill dem is our god
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by chamboy(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
noskeybaba:

Tell me more lies bros. If someone from Anambra actually saw or knew you killed an Eke, that's the end of your service year. I remember being told in camp to respect people's culture. And going by your grammar, I don't think you will be a "great engr"
do dey use English To Fix Engines

2 Likes

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by pjc(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yeah, spans down to a lot of localities in Anambra. Have similar experience at my maternal place, Nawfia. Grandma simply lifted it off gently with a stick when she realised it was making us uncomfortable. Said it only came around for warmth.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
hensben:
look your back, there is one snake behind you. grin
lolz, i killed it. stabbed and turned the knife. trust me
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by mekussa(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
abeg...enlighten us o undecided undecided[color=#000000][/color]......where i come from...python na snake....what is it in your side?....gorilla?
Cuneddy:
op do u knw d difference between snake n python?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
Odunharry:
make I start to park my bags
Lol.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by chamboy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
tonychristopher:

NO...

not all anambra do that but majority of anambra do not kill python not snake...i mean python...we are conservationist...we have been like that ages...so refer us as conservationist or naturalist kingdom
it's Juju Abeg stop using English to twist it

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by sholay2011(m): 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
Na wa for comments on this thread oh...

'This is a python, not a snake'

WTF grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by asumo12: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
Small snake is called eke!

Or ekeremadu!!!

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
boss1310:
yea you are right dear,that town is near my hometown and we were told frm childhood never to kill or harm snakes even in the city but guess what i have killed one in the city.
I won't take chances with my life hoping on the gods to save me when i dnt know them and they dont know me.i didn't let my people know about it but anyday i see a snake blocking my road i squash and maim i dnt take chances
i still remember how snakes used to enter someone's car in the indian movie SUNITA.
it still gives me the creeps
you killed a python? Other snakes don't count sha
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by noskeybaba: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
moscobabs:
You sure nothing hapun to you sa?

No mind that bloody lair.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by zendy: 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
It is a sacrilege to kill a Python in Igbo land. I remember driving to the village one day and came across a huge Python trying to cross the road. It must have been close to 15 feet long. I could have easily run my car over it and continued my journey. Instead, I had to wait over 10 minutes to let it get across the road.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ransomed: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
What a nice meat to break Ramadan fast. Seriously, i have deviced means of getting rid of such snake without making noise about it. Simply use eggs of local fowl for the creepy thing to feed on. Magana Yakare. My double portion snipper works wonders on snakes. Contact me for FREE tutorial on how to get rid of religious or reverred snakes without anyone knowing about it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.