Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) (107943 Views)

The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Accident Involving A Jeep At China Town In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by arsenalqueen(f): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
Someone shared d same thing 4 me about a forthnight ago 2 so 4 dos dt thinks he's lieing, he's actually saying d truth
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
Disgusting Much...
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by mrking3(m): 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
I have the pictures right on my phone, can I send them to you via BBM cos it's not entering
ok do send it! I will upload it!
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
hensben:
Another brilliant student..nothing spiritual about it as some peeps claim....ecological system.
But some people kill it.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Not all Igbo land cos in my town we kill all snakes
zendy:
It is a sacrilege to kill a Python in Igbo land. I remember driving to the village one day and came across a huge Python trying to cross the road. It must have been close to 15 feet long. I could have easily run my car over it and continued my journey. Instead, I had to wait over 10 minutes to let it get across the road.

3 Likes

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by robosky02(m): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
visitor indeed
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
Jeffboi:
Lol. Nawaa for anambra people oh.

That's why na dem do juju pass.

I won't be surprise if that snake na human been

Stop making a fool of yourself you bigot. Are you better than Anambra people?. FYI, we don't care about your opinion. undecided

4 Likes

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by noskeybaba: 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
chamboy:
do dey use English To Fix Engines

So you mean he's the one we call "mechanic". Those ones that didn't take engineering courses in the university?

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by martineverest(m): 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
When an anambarian don vex..........
ronald4lif:

Stop making a fool of yourself you bigot. Are you better than Anambra people?. FYI, we don't care about your opinion. undecided
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by imoci(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
when i was in orientation camp during my NYSC in Ekiti state,there was a place called Ilejemeje we were told its an island of snakes.

they said snakes moves in and out freely from homes,they stroll like lizard and they are not being killed cos they are harmless.

I prayed so hard to make sure i didnt serve in that village.

2 Likes

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by segcymoor(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Wao!
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by jnrbayano(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
softysparky:

Oh I get you now.

But I am still amazed how my grandfather can talk to it and tell the Eke which way to go or when to come back whenever it visits.

My grandmother did that too, funny stuff.

The python (reptile) is an animal who like other snakes has a very poor ability to hear sounds. That's why it relies on the pit on top of its nose to detect changes in temperature in other to catch prey (they are cold-blooded and prey mostly on warm blooded animals).

Its trademark fork-like tongue is also used to taste the atmosphere for the scent of its prey.

Assuming it hears well, it doesn't understand human voices.

The python moved away after a few raps because it elected to. Its safer for it not to get injured and die from its injuries.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Born2eatPussy(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
[size=20pt] The way some people act on Nairaland.
We kill pythons in Anambra state.
The only LGA that doesn't kill pythons are Idemili local government area.
We don't worship pythons in places like Nnewi,Ozubulu,Oba,Onitsha,Ichida,Igbo Ukwu, Ekwulobia, Ojoto , Obosi, Nkpor, Aguleri, Anam, Omoh,Oko, Ndikelionwu, Uke, awah, Adazi-enu, Adazi-ani, Adazi- nnukwu, Awka, Amansi, Akwuzu, Nteje, Otuocha, instead we kill them.
[/size]
Get your facts right.
Anambra State is very big.

Idemili people do not kill pythons but others do
People who were born in places like Lagos & they only visit Anambra State just once in every 20 years will start saying shiit about Anambra state.
We have up to 50 towns in Anambra state, out of the 50 towns, 9 towns worship pythons & they don't dare kill them pythons, They're the idemili people.

3 Likes

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by manchester1: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
preizton:
Where is the picture? Or are u still cooking it?
u most be blind. do u care 4 glases
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by 1miccza: 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
In mba ukwu it's python and tortoise, i just don't understand it..
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
martineverest:
When an anambarian don vex..........

Boss mi, some people can provoke someone ehh. grin

Every tribe has it tradition and beliefs and no one is compelling anyone to accept others tradition. But rubbishing it is bigotry and tasteless, and I'd not entertain it especially when it's of my interest.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by lucky032(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Not all Igbo land cos in my town we kill all snakes

python not snakes
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by martineverest(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yeah..true talk....some nairalanders can be naughty @times
ronald4lif:

Boss mi, some people can provoke someone ehh. grin

Every tribe has it tradition and beliefs and no one is compelling anyone to accept others tradition. But rubbishing it is bigotry and tasteless, and I'd not entertain it especially when it's of my interest.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by repogirl(f): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
I schooled in anambra state, one time I went jogging outside the gates with a group and there was a big snake peacefully lying on the side of the road. One of the guys carried it back to the school and the snake did nothing, am not sure what he did with it though.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
Everything that crawl
lucky032:

python not snakes
is python not a snake? Yes we kill python
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
Born2eatPussy:
[size=30pt] The way some people act on Nairaland.
We don't worship pythons in places like Nnewi,Ozubulu,Oba,Onitsha,Ichida,Igbo Ukwu, Ekwulobia, Ojoto , Obosi, Nkpor, Aguleri, Anam, Omoh,Oko, Ndikelionwu, Uke, awah, Adazi-enu, Adazi-ani, Adazi- nnukwu, Awka, Amansi, Akwuzu, Nteje, Otuocha, instead we kill them.
[/size]
Get your facts right.

You got it wrong. I'm not from Idemili but from Orumba North and where I hail from we don't kill pythons. They cause no harm and are no threat to us.

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Superman11(m): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
9niceguy:
Where's the pishure?
i suppose you mean't picture.. pls watch retype and modify.. stop the Language MURDER
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by kritikali(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lilimax:
I'm sure you mean Agu-Ukwu NRI.
It is my village as well. We have a lot of pythons in Nri; very harmless. It usually visit the indigene of the town coming home for the first. Pythons are not killed in Nri but if you mistakenly kills it, it must be buried like a human being in a coffin using white cloth.

Mtchew.....rubbish.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Marrtynze(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
rosy4u:
I've never seen a snake b4 buh jux hearing of it gives me goose bumps embarassed embarassed
Ar u bein serious,neva seen a snake b4?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by mavinc4u(f): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
Born2eatPussy:
[size=20pt] The way some people act on Nairaland.
[/size]
Get your facts right.

People who were born in places like Lagos & they only visit Anambra State just once in every 20 years will start saying shiit about Anambra state.
We have up to 50 towns in Anambra state, out of the 50 towns, 9 towns worship pythons & they don't dare kill them pythons, They're the idemili people.

Bros no town in Anambra worships snake or python probably they did in the olden days. I can categorically tell you that all the towns you mentioned above don't kill python unless is the jjc among them.

Meanwhile op, all towns in Anambra kill snake (agwo) but they don't kill python (Eke); please know their difference is important before you would see a snake and decide to leave because you believe your people don't kill it then that snake would bite the hell out of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Baroba(m): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
unclejb2:
but u will pay dstv subscription to watch national geography wild and animal planet where enlightened people don't smash pythons heads when they see one.

Thank you..
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by bugzbunny: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
preizton:
Click on modify, u will see the place to upload below the box, or better still u can come over to my place 4 full tutorial.
OLE BURUKU grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by funkiebully: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Every town in igboland has an animal they don't kill.

Awka people don't harm or kill monkeys, reason being that monkeys saved them from an invading warriors during d olden days by running n jumping from far villages to Awka, the sight of the escapee and restless monkeys gave the men ominous signs of danger. They got themselves prepared n fortified and true to their expectations, they were attacked d next day But were able to repel n defeat the invaders.

This prompted d reverence of monkeys. They can eat ur banana, maize crop, But u don't kill them rather u chase them away.

Killing them warrants according them burial like humans.

Pythons are not revered in Awka anyway.

Different strokes for different folks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by onatisi(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Armaggedon:
@op, is it snake or python?
no ,it is a cobra .
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by GodMode: 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Generals03:
I like the fact that these people are preserving this beautiful specie of snake for the next generations. Many animals are going extinct now due to aggressive urbanization. Thanks to this superstition, we get to have healthy specie of python around for a long time.

Pythons of that size are actually harmless and peaceful. Next time you might want to experiment or have fun by going to market to buy a live mouse or hare, and lock it up in confinement with the python. You would watch the beauty of nature in a python feeding live. The speed it curls itself round the hare, and the patience it swallows it slowly. Take a few snap shots. Keep them in your archive. Life is beautiful. But the hare will be swearing for you sha for what you just did to it.

Goodluck.

You igbo peeps better go and educate your villagers and tell what a zoo isgringringrin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Cuneddy:
op do u knw d difference between snake n python?

Please tell us the difference.

Na so one person for another thread talk say reptiles are amphibians , da fuq
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
tonychristopher:
YOU PEOPLE MAKE THIS LOOK AS IF PYTHON IS A BIG DEAL...I AM FROM ANAMBRA WE DO NOT KILL PYTHON AND PYTHON DONT KILL US...IN SHORT PYTHON VISITS US AND THERE IS AN UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN US....

WE HAVE BEEN CONSERVATIONIST SINCE 1744 AD ....THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM

I THANK GOD FOR CREATING ME ANAMBRA AND IGBO

UDO DI...ENWERO IFE NA IME
Anambra bu egwu eji. Hapu godi ndi osu imi. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.